Board logo

Subject: Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: sarah_069    Time: 7-3-2007 08:36     Subject: Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I would describe the show as amazing
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-7-2007 19:16     Subject: What will happen next?

What do you think Albie is going to do this week? He is really getting scary.
Author: mcinthesun    Time: 7-16-2007 19:25     Subject: Big Love Season 2 Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

Hi there!  Thanks so much for the Big Love info!  It is my favorite show on HBO and am dying to see the season 2 episodes!  I am new to this and appreciate all the info you take the time to post.  Hope I can be of help to you all sometime!  Have a great night!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-24-2007 22:38     Subject: Reply #1 gabsimom's post

Just want to say "Welcome!" to the newest Moderator...gabsimom...for Big Love.

Good on ya' girl!
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-24-2007 22:48     Subject: Reply #4 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you, My you look pretty today.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-24-2007 22:57     Subject: Reply #5 gabsimom's post

I try, thanks for noticing.
Author: lalabee    Time: 7-27-2007 16:50     Subject: can't watch show

Anyone know how I can watch big love, am a new member
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-27-2007 17:06     Subject: Reply #7 lalabee's post

If you are attempting to watch a show on the VIP site  http://vip.tv-video.net  you need to have a VIP Membership rank to do so. New Members can only watch the shows under Free Shows on the VIP site. To find out more about becoming a VIP Member see the following post:  http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1

You can also still watch the show as a normal member at:   http://tv-video.net/video/biglove/  

Welcome to the forum and be sure to look around.
Author: miaow    Time: 7-27-2007 18:28

I've never watched this show.  Is it a reality show or is it based on a true story.  Why should I watch it.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-27-2007 18:43

Quote:
Originally posted by miaow at 7-28-2007 02:28
I've never watched this show.  Is it a reality show or is it based on a true story.  Why should I watch it.
This a Drama loosely based on the different religous groups that practice polygamy. If you have ever watched news reports on these groups you learn that alot of the younger boys in these communities are exspelled so that the younger girls can be married off to older men. The main character was one of these boys and still practices his faith in mainstream society. I really love this show it is well written and you find yourself rooting for the family to succeed. Give it a try and come back, let me know what you think.
Author: kate_kay252    Time: 7-30-2007 10:46

This is one of my top 5 shows.  A little contriversial to some, but thats what makes it interesting.  Who wants the same old same old shows.  We want something to watch that is always keeping you coming back.  I watched all of the first season online.  I can't imagine waiting all week for it to air new on HBO.  I praise anyone to can wait til next week cause i most certainly couldn't!!  HAAH!!  Have a great week ya'll.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-31-2007 20:03     Subject: Reply #2 mcinthesun's post

Thank you, please visit some of the big love discussion threads.
Author: keigleigh    Time: 8-1-2007 09:25     Subject: Reply #1 gabsimom's post

Well I never seen this show but looking at the complicety I'm gonna take a peek at it, it's sounds intreging
Author: gymcoach    Time: 8-2-2007 00:42     Subject: Reply #1 gabsimom's post

Congrats on being a mod   you totally deserve it  
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 8-2-2007 14:58

congrats on making mod

this show sounds interesting...lmao....but how come u never hear about a wife with 3 hubbys
Author: gabsimom    Time: 8-2-2007 21:17

Reply  #13 gymcoach's post
Thank you
Reply  #14 mamaeyeore's post
Thank you, And to answer your question its because we are smarter. Could you imagine the headache of 3 helpless men running around. How much laundry you would have to do. And how often you would have to find stuff in obvious places. Plus they would fight over whos' turn it is to take out the trash. So I saw no thank you.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 8-27-2007 23:08     Subject: Reply #1 gabsimom's post

Great job gabs!! You really got it down to a science, eh? Now, if you wave your magic wand and make the new episode of Big Love appear.......LOL, then we would

be cookin'.  I'm all out of Big Love  It was soooooooooo addicting, I couldn't stop watching!!! And now that the season's over, I'm kind of bummed. Hmmmm maybe

I need to learn how to watch in moderation, ahhhh.....nope. So, any other sugggestions, for good tv?? I'm shopping for a new show......
Peace
Author: gabsimom    Time: 8-28-2007 09:52     Subject: Reply #4 gypsiegirl66's post

Big Love episode 12 just added. I love A wide variety of shows and don't know what other shows you watch. Tell me what else you like and I can recommend something.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 8-28-2007 23:11     Subject: Reply #5 gabsimom's post

Great to hear, that episode 12 was added!! You really can work magic, wow!! As far as the other shows I watch, lets see, there are so many. Uhmm, now these aren't  in

any particular order, but I would say the first 3-6 are at the top of my list.  Prison Break, 24, Rescue me, The Shield, Army Wives, Grey's Anatomy (s1 still), ER,The Closer,

NCIS, The Unit, Veronica Mars (I got into that w/daughter, but liked it),Shark,  Heroes, Traveler   I hope it doesn't make me look like too bad of a TV addict, this isn't

even the whole list.......LOL

Let me know what you think of, I love mysteries, crime drama. action, drama, comedic drama and some comedy if its well written!!

Thanks a bunch!!!
Author: gabsimom    Time: 8-29-2007 03:50

Here are my recomendations based on your current viewing habits: Boston Legal, Jericho, My Name Is Earl, Scrubs, House and Smallville (with your daughter). And Of course I have to recommend Stargate SG-1.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 8-29-2007 05:03     Subject: Reply #7 gabsimom's post

Thank you for the quick response! Almost all of them sound like things I would really like (from what I've read or seen). Not sure about Scrubs, I think I've seen that before (and if i did), that style of comedy just doesn't suit me. I'll will be checking  all of them out though. Hey, I'm sure to get hooked an a few,right?..........   

Thanks again!!
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-7-2007 09:41

Okay so I watched the first episode and a half. I really liked the show but it was way too graphic for me.  Is there anywhere I can see the shows edited?  I guess since it is a hbo show they can show sex scenes like that?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 9-7-2007 10:51     Subject: Reply #16 themegababe's post

In the beginning they kind of hit you in the face w/ the sex scenes but it does calm down as the show progresses. I usually ffw a little when it gets to those parts because they are short and not much to them. But those scenes have got my husband watching it with me
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-7-2007 11:30

it's hard to fwd on this tho.
Author: Ace245    Time: 9-12-2007 11:54

I watched the entire series online. Superb!
I try to imagine myself with three wives and I'm not certain but I am pretty sure my head would explode.  
In fact I do not like to date more than one woman at a time.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 9-12-2007 13:10     Subject: Reply #19 Ace245's post

Yep, my hubby says, he couldn't even imagine taking on the emotion's or the wraith of more than one woman. Plus, he's a real romantic and says, his heart could never belong to anyone but me.

Awwwww, how sweet he is!!
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-14-2007 09:41

haha yeah i cannot imagine having 3 women to deal with.  sadly it was still a little too much sex for me, so i'm not going to finish the series
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-9-2007 10:41     Subject: Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss you favorite or most shocking moments on Big Love.

Posts may receive points at my discretion.

[ Last edited by  gabsimom at 11-12-2007 17:19 ]
Author: bala    Time: 11-12-2007 09:43     Subject: Reply #1 gabsimom's post

when it was revealed that Bill Henrickson polygamy family living in the town end of first season.,i just felt it was bound to be revealed i can't wait to see what happens when the law gets involved will he go to jail or will he able beat the charge-it's going to be interesting to see what happens with 3 wives. Would his wives stick together will they divorce and make it look like he married one person.

i havn't had time to watch season 2

[ Last edited by  bala at 11-12-2007 19:09 ]
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-12-2007 11:49     Subject: Reply #2 bala's post

Bill is only legally married to Barb. That is how most polygamist get around the system. In the laws eyes toe other 2 are mistresses.
Author: bala    Time: 11-12-2007 11:51     Subject: Reply #3 gabsimom's post

is it wrong that i don't find any of them good-looking?
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-12-2007 13:56

I have only watched season one but my main issue with this show is to do with the character of Barbara and how she really feels.
She was the first wife and the legal wife and whatever she says, that must be hard to have your husband taking younger wives and having to share him. Also, the situation surrounding Bill taking his second wife was highly emotional and not really intentional which I think probably made it even more difficult for Barbara. It seems to me that she is unsure about the whole situation and I think she probably worries how this all affects her children and what it will mean for their own relationships in the future.

Also, for the whole family there was the issue of all the secrecy surrounding their situation, which I think probably caused even more strain under the surface. It will be very interesting to see how it will affect them having been 'outed' - I don't think it will make it any easier, I just think it will raise new problems and issues from them than having to hide it all.

There is obviously a lot of love within the family and I think that is why it has not fallen apart - the women must be very strong to be able to cope with the situation and be friends with each other. However, tensions obviously exist beneath the surface.

I think that's all I have to say on it at the moment - it's a very complex issue!
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-12-2007 14:03     Subject: Reply #5 meljones_83's post

Well said. Please watch season 2 as it dwells entirely in what you just said.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-12-2007 14:08

I certainly will, although it might take me a while.
I'm behind with so many shows and trying to catch up so that I can take part in all the discussions without seeing any spoilers is proving to be quite difficult!
Author: booley    Time: 11-12-2007 14:37     Subject: Reply #1 gabsimom's post

Well its not one of my favorite moments but it is shocking in the way that it reveals how Bill views his 2 new wives. In season 2 when Nikki spies margene and Bill having relations we hear Bill refer to Margene as his bad little girl and in the same episode when he is with Nikki he tries some of those same "moves" on her she tells him she doesn't like it and He calls her his good little girl. i found this a little creepy. And thought it was trying to  show whats is generally thought of as  the true and real underlying cause for Polygamy in the first place not just the Henrickson family. men just being PIGS and wanting to justify it even  to the extreme of making it a faith.

[ Last edited by  booley at 11-12-2007 22:38 ]
Author: philryk    Time: 11-29-2007 15:55

The most   moment of the show for me has to be when the "book" of potential brides is shown, when I first started watching the show I had no idea about a lot of the controversy surrounding the issue of fundamentalist Mormon marriages - I have since done a lot of reading up!!

I think like a lot of people Margene has to be my favorite character :-) there is a naivety about her that lets her get away with much more than she should .... a lot :-)
Author: penny3760    Time: 1-5-2008 21:25

I just watched the first episode and I have a lot of different feelings about this show.  I think that all of Bill's wives want a family environment more  than a husband and wife relationship.  If it is true love for a woman, no woman would want to share her husband with another woman.  But Bill is taking care of all these women and children and he is good to them.  He has a lot of responsibility in taking care of all of them.  I don't know.  Maybe I am just too old fashion.
Author: shinny    Time: 1-6-2008 06:50

Quote:
Originally posted by booley at 11-12-2007 22:37  
Well its not one of my favorite moments but it is shocking in the way that it reveals how Bill views his 2 new wives. In season 2 when Nikki spies margene and Bill having relations we hear Bill refer  ...
I agree, I have to say that I thought this was extremely out of sync with the shows overall theme and Bill's personality. I didn't much like it myself, to be honest.

However, I still really like this show. I used to watch it on one of the channels here, but then they stopped showing it. So now I've caught up on VIP and am eagerly awaiting Season 3 !! Roll on July (ish) !!

Don't you just hate Alby? I'd never have thought that I'd be rooting for Roman !! It's true what they say about it's better the devil you know !!

I also think the whole "4th" wife thing is not dead in the water. Ok so it didn't work out with Ana, but he thought about it. This will definitely come up again in the future.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-6-2008 10:12

In the last episode of season 2 didn't Bill suddenly start making out with Ana? As if he tried to stay away but just could not? Do you think Barb will really divorce him? and If she does (a twist I thought of) Niki then would want to be the legal wife but what if Ana still needs papers/green card?
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 1-7-2008 18:45     Subject: pilot

just came from the quiz on season 1 ep 1. this show creeps us out. the hundred dollar bill on the nightstand after having sex with the "second wife" sums up how we feel women get treated in this system.
Author: Milks26    Time: 1-8-2008 00:19     Subject: Reply 13#13 sddvasquez's post

This show is wierd.   I've never watched it before, but knew of the show & what it was about... Anyway, since Gab sent me a Valentine pm I decided to check the show out.

Although, I'm a person who respect other ppl's lifestyles & stuff....I watch the L Word after all.....but, this show is wierd.

The main reason...the woman in me find it strange to watch women share their man like that.

But I'm intigued.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-8-2008 09:21

I had to rewatch the pilot for the quiz, and I can see where the show has evolved alot. The wives do have moe control than you think. When 1 is mad thaey all are  As far as the money on the night stand, Niki asks for more money han the others and is now in serious debt. Thats why Bill left her the money. The way it was done was for shock.
Author: Milks26    Time: 1-8-2008 09:29

Quote:
Originally posted by sddvasquez at 1-8-2008 02:45  
this show creeps us out. ...
You're not the only one.
Author: Milks26    Time: 1-8-2008 09:53     Subject: Reply 16#16 Milks26's post

Roman Grant

Adaleen Grant - Wife (4th out of 14)      

Currently, the wily Prophet has a bevy of wives, the youngest to-be at 14, Rhonda.  

That's my problem with the Mormon church & Polygamy. Age 14 I'm a criminal justice student and nothing would please me more than tracking these ppl down.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 1-8-2008 19:30 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 1-8-2008 11:09

Quote:
Originally posted by gabsimom
I had to rewatch the pilot for the quiz, and I can see where the show has evolved alot
I agree, I had to re-watch the first episode and I can see why people would just not like it....but, it does evolve and you get to know each of the characters on a more personal basis, which endears you more.

Personally I wouldn't be into polygamy. I'm a monogamous person and it just would bode well with me. Plus, I think it's unfair that only the men get to have multiple wives. ....however....I still love this show !!

[ Last edited by shinny at 1-8-2008 19:10 ]
Author: gymcoach    Time: 7-11-2008 14:50

Hi all!!
I've been absent for a few months but, fingers crossed, all is well now    
I have watched a few episodes of Big Love and so far it seems quite good - I'm on episode 6 now of series 1.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-11-2008 14:53     Subject: Reply 19#19 gymcoach's post

Glad your back , And Glad we have a new Big Love Fan.
Author: gymcoach    Time: 7-26-2008 15:13

Thanks Tina, fab to be back!!
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 7-26-2008 15:30

Has there been any news on when we will get to see, what Bill and Roman are up to? I'm so excited for the new season to begin, to see what happens next.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-20-2009 20:03     Subject: Big Love Season 3 Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow, what an amazing 1st episode. Niki is still the bad one, lol. Poor Barb and why hasn't anyone caught on to her sudden personality change?
And now we have a lost boy. I was wondering when they were going to bring their story in.
What did you all think.
Author: pointz    Time: 1-25-2009 22:47

I know.  It is going to be a good season.  I can't wait.  That boy is going to be trouble I just know it.  Another wife too.  The cancer is back OMG.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2009 11:32     Subject: Episode 2 Empire

What a funny first date with 2 of the wife's in the back seat and then Bill and Margene in bed when she wanted bill to stop saying it is not my tern to have a baby
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-26-2009 13:40

OMG barbs face at the end of this episode? was she saying what have I done? Has she changed her mind again?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-9-2009 08:59

This last episode was amazing. So it looks like Rhonda is going to be a street kid. poor Niki, she is so confused.
Do you think she will cheat on Bill. Why is Bill so blind to the fact Niki is conniving b****?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-24-2009 21:59

Wow, so most of the family secrets and worries came out in this episode. Do you think Niki will get back on track or she ready to leave it all?
It is so funny how religious groups try to cover up what ever happen in their prophets time because it is not p.c. today. What does everyone else think about that?
Author: reremamore    Time: 2-28-2009 20:30     Subject: Reply 20#20 gypsiegirl66's post

Hope you gave him a big kiss  for saying that, very sweet!  I think maybe my marriage would of survive if there was more then one of me LOL.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 3-2-2009 07:03

Wow, what an amazing season. Nikki, is still up to her old tricks. eh? After the way last season ended, I didn't think that things would be so out of control. I think it's funny, how the wife that claims she lives "The Principle", and didn't marry for love, is the one that strays. And, she's on the pill, when the whole purpose of "The Principle", is to bring new souls into the world, to join them in the "Celestial Kingdom".
I'm not sure why, but Margene is getting on my nerves. I've always liked her, but she is bugging me this season.
I was surprised, at how quickly Anna left. At first (last season), I liked her, but after getting to know her better, I'm glad it didn't work out.
I agree, that some religions want to make things, appear more normal than they are.
Wouldn't that be a hoot, if a letter like that, actually came out. That would make the LDS's, heads....

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-2-2009 10:05 ]
Author: gabsimom    Time: 3-2-2009 09:13

I can't wait for this next episode. Why didn't it update
Author: gabsimom    Time: 3-2-2009 14:46

There is a rumor about that document. I think the writers based it on the document. I am so upset about Joey's fiancee. She was so sweet and to die trying to get back to Joey. According to their beliefs she may not join him in their celestial home in heaven as they were not married yet.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 3-2-2009 17:23     Subject: Reply 9#9 gabsimom's post

I know, that was soooo sad. That Roman, is the devil himself. Yes, I think you're right about the document, but if it was proved, heads would spin!!
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 3-8-2009 13:18     Subject: Tonight new episode!! YAY!!

Tonight's episode looks good, from the previews. Things are really starting to get heated up!! Can't wait to see what Nikki does next.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 3-9-2009 05:33

Wow what a great episode. I think Wanda is freaking a little over Kathy's Twin. I kept thinking Nikki's ex was gonna kidnap her and no one would know. Nikki is finally laying in the bed she made. she is still trying to spin it off her but I think it is gonna stick.
What is Barb's sister up to?
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 3-11-2009 21:09     Subject: Reply 12#12 gabsimom's post

Ohh, great episode!! Yeah, Wanda was looking at Kathy's twin kind of creepy. Nikki's ex seemed a bit psycho, but Nikki is seeming a few marbles short these days.

I think that Cindy, is trying to get her in trouble with the LDS. The Bishop she was talking to, was Barb's Bishop from her old ward. That whole story, about helping "save" Barb, was just a load of bull. From what I can see, it's Ted & Cindy that need to be saved!!

Sorry for the delay in response, I just got to watch it tonight. I was fighting off food poisoning (bad salad dressing from take out).

Author: gabsimom    Time: 3-11-2009 21:13

eeeww I don"t envy you. You are so perceptive. Part of Nikki's problems might be because of the ex. Did you catch he was Wanda's brother.  Crazy what inbreeding does.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 3-25-2009 14:26

What a great episode. Nikki has a daughter and this is why she is so flawed. The guilt of leaving her behind.
Joey killed Roman or so we hope. But now what? Is Bill trying to elevate himself to prophet? Sneaky Bill cutting his brother in law out but can you believe them. He helps them get back their daughter and they still want to shake Bill down? Unbelievable. So Alby made the letter, hilarious.
Author: kahmeleone    Time: 4-9-2009 02:13

Roman made the letters, not Alby, from what I understood.
And Roman looked pretty dead to me. Bout dang time. But I don't want Joey to go down for it; that man just had to go.
I dont think Bill was trying to elevate himself to Prophet, I think he was just trying to fill a need that his family had after all this mess; they're good people and many people who have found themselves differing from their initial tribe have split off and formed something else; it happens all the time.  

I fail to believe that Nikki will be able to really change . We will have to see. I am so glad she got her daughter out.

I'm glad Bill took care of his family's business security and knocked Ted out of the game; he knew he couldn't trust Ted to play fair and he protected himself. One thing I really enjoy about the character Bill is how he's able to do the right thing when the chips come down to it (Like saving Kim Lee) and keep business separate.  He's pretty good usually at weeding out the priorities. Bet Cindy's gonna be mad when she finds out that Bill kicked Ted's butt out of the gaming cut and her hateful side will be back once more!

I am so bummed out that we have to wait so long for the next episode. I really really hate that. I do not like this new spacing pattern of seasons that many networks have come up with.  It is dang inconvinient for our real lives. Do they think it makes them more money??? Sheesh!
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-9-2009 05:34

I think the writers strike started alot of this crap. plus shows like big love and some of the other short ones have bigger stars so that might be why they keep them short to keep the big stars and their paychecks are higher than most. At least that is what I think.

This season was just so awesome, I couldn't stop watching. I hope it returns in the fall.
Author: writemako    Time: 5-24-2009 00:08

I hope the show returns too. Its so different than anything I've seen it's interesting. I guess I'm addicted to the weirdness.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 5-24-2009 05:46

You and me both. I love it!
Author: bala    Time: 6-27-2009 12:27

Well i finally got around season 2 and it does like fallout isn't bad i thought they would have move but there are still in house. i admit 2 years ago i quit watching this show because i felt uncomfortable around this subject but for some reason now i seem accept the life style
Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2009 09:42     Subject: my full review all seasons

OMG,  i have just finished the 3rd season I'm so shocking just when i thought it was all over for Nikki she come back in the last 2 minutes of episode 10 . i have got to admit this season was 10 times better than previous two. i honestly don't know how they can better this show with season 4, they have raised the bar .

My favourite episode had to be Come, Ye Saints  because all the secret were revealed in this episode.

This is a show i never expected to enjoy but this season really hooked me. i might never understand the life-style but this show does teach us tolerance towards the polygamy which i think makes this original. i honestly didn't see this lasting more 1 season when it started 3 years ago  but it as the seasons goes on grown to love all the wives.

Ben and Margie -well at least he told he's in love with her but i wish explored the relationship a bit-we all season 1 how close they become and you can see he has no idea what to do. i feel Ben is in a difficult position. he can't pretend he has no feeling but I'm glad she set him right.   

The whole albey  situation was the only story-line i hated but now that he's dead know so it hoping season 4 will explore the relationship between the wives in a little bit more detail.

The 4th wife wow that didn't last long did it?-what was she thinking first sign of trouble she walks out . i just don't get how introduce her than left her  for a season than went back to her.it felt that used that  to waste a few episodes?.

[ Last edited by bala at 6-28-2009 17:45 ]
Author: bala    Time: 12-1-2009 02:50     Subject: Big Love Season 4 Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

When we rejoin the family, man of the house(s) Bill (Bill Paxton) will be running for state senator. But the issue won’t be whether he wins but what he stands to lose along the way. “His goal, if he’s elected, is to put himself and his family out there as public polygamists,” says executive producer Marc V. Olsen, adding, “He can’t be impeached for that. Polygamy is technically a misdemeanor in Utah, [and a misdemeanor is not] an impeachable offense.” Nonetheless, the Henrickson wives’ vote is split in a way that threatens to splinter the entire clan.

Source **

Author: reremamore    Time: 12-16-2009 18:54     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

Wow Bill's going to run for state senator, that will be a great story.  I can't wait until January, one of my favorite show and now I have my whole family hooked.  Isn't the entire clan already splintered from last seasons problems between bill and Nickie.  I feel so bad for Nickie!
Author: bala    Time: 12-21-2009 09:03     Subject: Big Love: Season 4 Trailer

Author: reremamore    Time: 12-21-2009 10:45     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

Thanks for the trailer, wow what a sneak peak this season looks so good.  I was wondering is it just me or does this show get better and better.  Can not wait until january.
Marie
Author: bala    Time: 1-7-2010 10:00     Subject: sneak peeks

[ Last edited by bala at 1-7-2010 19:05 ]
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2010 08:51

Great start to the season who would thought Roman body would make for an interesting revelation-what is it with wives who storing their husband in the freezer  .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2010 09:17     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

I wouldn't want bacon out of that freezer but sitting on the chair on the building site was funny, Roman being dead and is still causing problems
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2010 10:13     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I'm surprised she managed keep it a secret for that long
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-18-2010 10:38     Subject: 4x02 The Greater Good

A bit slow but nice ending when Sarah and Scott opt out of a wedding at Bill's church but end up in the back garden
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-18-2010 13:43

yeah, so do you think Bill is gonna go for prophet?
Author: shinny    Time: 1-21-2010 05:52

So I finally caught up to Season 4 and watched the first two episodes.

First things first, what does everyone think of the new starting sequence?? I don't really like it, I miss "God Only Knows"   I know they had to update it but I think they could have kept the original music. Oh well......

I'm really enjoying the new season. Does anyone else feel sorry for Nicky? Her child hood has really messed her up. She's craving more attention and I guess it's hard for a man who has 3 wives to give her what she needs. I wonder will they bring the DA back into it or do you think he's gone out of it now? I kinda liked his character. And Nicky has a 14 year old daughter !!

I can wait for the next episode "Strange Bedfellows" !!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-27-2010 02:15     Subject: 4x03 Strange Bedfellows

Good episode Bill had to work hard to get his meeting and i thought Nicki and the gun would lead to trouble but what an ending with Margene and Ben
Author: bala    Time: 1-31-2010 02:24     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yes that a great ending and we knew that  was going to happen once Ben stood up protect Margie from that guy.
Author: bala    Time: 2-1-2010 03:18     Subject: 4x04 i couldn't wait...............

After the ending in last episode i couldn't wait to watch this, i am sure this episode will be updated very shortly. Well so much to discuss and if you have not watch this episode could you please stop reading now. ok last chance.

Well Albi I can't believe he agree to seal Niki mother to her ex-husband . Speaking on Albi,  breaking into a man house is crossing the line right?

I can't believe Bill asked his mate to take the bullet for him, what a great friend he is because I would of been very angry at that situation.  

Margie should of let Ben take the blame, it would made the situation better, but she had to do the right thing didn't she?. Having a breakdown on her job was odd espically when she said her husband left her, she had to look after 3 kids by himself.

Things are really getting interesting at least Ben is moving out, this make the situation better and tinnie shouldn't of said anything.

[ Last edited by bala at 2-1-2010 15:34 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-1-2010 10:23     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

I'm glad Margie told the truth but what Bill asked his business partner to do just so bill could carry on his political career was out of order
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-1-2010 10:53

I agree he is going to far. Just take over Juniper Creek as Prophet as we know that is what is going to happen anyway.
Author: bala    Time: 2-1-2010 10:54     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Now he has no more scapegoats if he get trouble what will he do?

Big Love: The New Commandments

Ben: Thou shalt not covet thy father’s third wife.

Margene: Thou shalt not commit adultery with thy husband’s eldest son.

Bill: Thou shalt not revisit the sins of the father and cast thy son into the wilderness due to thy own wounded male vanity.

Joey: Let sleeping prophets lie. And whatever you do, don’t dig them up, douse them in gasoline, and burn them to conceal DNA evidence. Someone may be watching.

Alby: Thou shalt not submit thy mother’s body and spirit into the possession of a seemingly deranged psychotic—who also happens to be thy sister’s first husband—as a means to extract a form of cosmic vengeance against thy father. No matter how evil dad happened to be and even if he says that you have, “masturbated (yourself) into a Sodomite.”

Bill again: Thou shalt not throw thy loyal crew-cutted business partner under the bus in order to further thy political ambitions. And never, ever, make any of thy wives don an elephant costume.

Source

[ Last edited by bala at 2-1-2010 21:28 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 2-1-2010 16:38

Really good episode. In fairness, what did Bill expect? Something like that was bound to happen. He's got too many pokers in the fire and is neglecting his family. Margie needed someone to lean on and Ben was there for her.

The ending was so sad when Ben said he thought it was a good idea to go away for a while and Bill agreed. Tut tut Bill.

That's awful what Bill did to Don. He's losing sight of what's important. His ego is starting to cloud his judgments!
Author: booley    Time: 2-2-2010 00:16     Subject: Reply 18#18 shinny's post

I just so shocked at Bill when he and ben were at the pool before he knew about the kiss he had that look like he wanted to throw him out. I want barb to stand up to bill finall. and yes teenie should have kept her mouth shut.
Author: booley    Time: 2-2-2010 00:21     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

Hey bala you might add this one.
Teenie: thou shall not rat out older brother feelings for his dads 3rd wife whom he is better suited for. lol @ at crew cutted

[ Last edited by booley at 2-2-2010 00:22 ]
Author: bala    Time: 2-2-2010 00:39     Subject: Reply 20#20 booley's post

Thanks she really know how let it out doesn't she .
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 2-2-2010 13:02

The episode was good.  It get's kinda long....

Bill-->  You are not all that.  If you want three wives, Take CARE of three wives.  How does he expect to juggle all his, ego...??  Hmmm  He's starting to get on my nerves.

Margie-->  You should stand up for the attention you deserve or deal with the consequences of 2 sister wives taking the lime light.  Poor ben.  Really, he shouldn't take the blame.  Glad you told Bill the truth.

Barb--> You need a vacation

Niki-->  You've  had it rough sister.  I think she's doing fairly well considering her PSYCHO ex-husband.

Niki's psycho ex-- You really needed to take niki's mother as another wife.  EWW that's gross.  You married your daughters grandmother.

Albi-->  the gay thing, is one thing too many.  He should go or just admit he's crazy.  People don't see their dead father's willy nilly.

Ben--> He shouldn't have to leave his family and his home, because Bill isn't paying attention to ALL of his wives.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2010 10:03

Ep. 39: Sins of the Father - Recap

[ Last edited by bala at 2-8-2010 19:09 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-8-2010 05:46     Subject: 4x05 Sins Of The Father

The family road trip to the casino was funny but i thought Bill's speech about the old police photo was great
Author: bala    Time: 2-8-2010 05:50     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

yes it really become into a classic big love episode but what Barb doing with that guy in sweat lodge ?
Author: bala    Time: 2-8-2010 06:05

Ep. 40: Under One Roof - Preview

Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2010 10:04     Subject: Big Love 4x06

Interesting episode i can't believe the guy hanged himself because he couldn't face dealing with being gay . That was sad but nikki hairstyle at her mother sealing was funny.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-15-2010 12:12     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

Ana being pregnant with Bill's child could stir up some trouble
Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2010 12:16     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

I was thinking same thing but what Barb did is going put Bill in a difficult position and trust Albi is going pay back Bill for the suicide of his gay lover and Albi wife going to see other guys family-was that the reason he killed himself?.

if that wasn't bad enough bad guys in Mexico have Ben and his grandparents. Those guy are some mean piece of work. This episode had quite returning characters.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0