Board logo

Subject: Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-23-2007 11:16     Subject: Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I just wanted to start a thread where we can just talk about the show.

I was really proud of Jenny for not staying at the sleepover and the way she found the courage to snap back at Blair.  She is becoming one of my favorite characters.  I'm glad she realized she who she is!

I wish they would go more into detail about the past between Rufus Humfrey and Lily Van der Woodson.  It is obvious they dated back before she was a stuck up golddigger, but I'd like to know more.  Hopefully more will be revealed with time.

I HATE Blair!  In the books she's not so bad, but in the show I just can't stand her!  Shes just too bitchy!

I like Serena and Dan together.  They make a good couple.  I just hope they can go on a date that doesn't end in rescuing Jenny or Eric!  At least it shows they both care for their younger siblings.

Overall I like the show so far.  I wasn't sure i was going to like it because of the books, but reading the books and watching the show are completely different.  The new story lines are interesting and I like how Josh Schwartz brought in the parents through Rufus and Lily.  He did a great job balancing the teens and parents in the O.C. and I'm sure he'll do the same here.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:11 ]
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-23-2007 18:13

I love this show so much! I have not read the books, but the show is awesome!  

I agree that I totally like Serena and Dan together.  i am slo excite dto see what happens to Jenny and Eric.  

I would like to see Rufus and Lily end up back together, but I feel like they just have so much of a past to get over.  It will be interesting to see how their relationship plays out.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-23-2007 22:55     Subject: Reply #1 imarielle626's post

I really love this show, although I'm not fond of Blair's personality, I think her character add so much to the show. This show needs her to play off of Jenny an Serena.
I think that Jenny is really coming into her own and is going to be quite the rival of Blair. I look forward to how this story line starts to grow and play out.....it should be interesting.
Serena and Lonely Boy Dan are an intriguing couple, it's always great to see the underdog get the girl. I loved it when she came out and he had the limo waiting and she hopped on the scooter.....

Author: bala    Time: 10-23-2007 23:23     Subject: Reply #3 gypsiegirl66's post

Suppose i was going say same thing but jenny really did impressed me in last episode way she talked her away around the cop mind you she did have keys so blair should of asked her to give back keys but she didn't think about it.

Dan &Serena are going to be like marrisa & ryan
Author: panni    Time: 10-24-2007 15:28

hi all.... i just saw the E6 , how comes its not up here yet?  good nite
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-24-2007 19:17     Subject: Reply #5 panni's post

It takes a little while to get them online.  usually they are up the day after it was on tv.
Author: panni    Time: 10-25-2007 01:03     Subject: Reply #6 themegababe's post

heay, i know i am from the uk, so when i posted , i saw it, i ment as i download it already from the net and watched it....
Author: bala    Time: 10-25-2007 03:17

it's been updated
Author: bala    Time: 10-25-2007 05:46     Subject: Ep6

ok, so they introduced a new character and you just knew that this girl just could be dan's friend don't you hate it when old friend come up from past just mess your life up. it's going to be intresting to see what going to happen between dan and this new girl-so far i like her but that could very well change after a few episodes. Still introducing a African American into show so that it doesn't appear racist -this is coming the norm all US teen shows.
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-25-2007 13:19     Subject: Reply #9 bala's post

I think this is a really interesting topic.  What is Vanessa going to bring into the mix?  She says they are just friends now, but Dan used to love her, so how easily is he going to get past those feelings?  I would hate for her to mess up things with Serena and Dan, but I see it happening
Author: bala    Time: 10-25-2007 23:06     Subject: Reply #10 themegababe's post

they wouldn't introduce this character no reason, she's going to mess few things up.

i wished they introduced this person in ep1-showing her leave and dan saying 'i love you' but they didn't.
Author: bala    Time: 11-7-2007 10:47     Subject: Episode 7

Well after 1 week break you might expected a good episode and to a certain extent it was average episode but the Blair situation just got worse and now she making a mistake with chuck-was it just me or was whole episode about sex-i mean they trivialise the whole thing and dan well I'm surprised his morals have gone out of the window. Still not sure how i feel about this episode all i can stay was it was ok episode it could been much better.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-7-2007 11:06

Oops, forgot this thread was here and started a new one for the latest episode, will change the focus of my thread so I'm not doubling up!

I'm not sure that Dan's morals have gone out the window. I think he is falling in love with Serena and when you love someone, you sometimes have to change your opinions to accomodate new feelings. I don't believe he'd do anything with Serena if it didn't feel right to him, therefore his conscience would be clear. I think that the stuff with them in this episode was really sweet.

Blair has had a really rough time and has made some very bad decisions, I really hope that as the show progresses we see more depth to her. I think it's there, she acts the 'bitch' very well but I can't help feeling that there's more to her than that, she is human after all. I think she likes having some kind of control over other people, like Jenny, as she doesn't really have control of many other things in her life.

The episode was all about sex though, and a little disappointing as a result.

[ Last edited by  meljones_83 at 11-7-2007 19:14 ]
Author: bala    Time: 11-7-2007 11:35     Subject: Reply #13 meljones_83's post

Well i doubt he's falling in love i think it just attraction once he had a taste of her he will realise that he doesn't really want her-just my opinion
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-7-2007 11:58     Subject: Reply #14 bala's post

Yeah, you may well be right, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I suppose my point was really that it's unfair to judge that his morals have gone out the window based on his relationship with Serena, whether he's falling for her or not. The subject of morals is more complicated, I don't believe it's so black and white.
Author: bala    Time: 11-7-2007 12:56     Subject: Reply #15 meljones_83's post

ok, i agree morals are complicated but unless i mistaken moral should something a person stick to.i suppose you do have a point he's a guy we both know what's guide his judgement .

sorry forthe image
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-7-2007 13:11

That's something only a guy can say and get away with! Just remember you said it, not me!

(As for the morals debate, I think when you're still young you have the right to alter your views based on experiences as long as you don't do anything completely against your morals or that would hurt other people. Much of our moral values come from our parents and that's going to change when you get older and start seeing the world for yourself. Dan and Serena are still only young. Sorry if I'm going on but this is an issue that I feel pretty strongly about! I'm not trying to say that you are wrong, just giving my opinion on it all.)

[ Last edited by  meljones_83 at 11-7-2007 21:18 ]
Author: bala    Time: 11-7-2007 13:15     Subject: Reply #17 meljones_83's post

we're grown up ain't we

Anyway like you said next week blair has deal with making out with chuck-do you think she blow it off or will they hook up?

i already said what i thought i edited my comment on your topic.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-7-2007 13:25

I'm not sure, I initially thought that she'll be upset when she thinks about it and realises what she's just done and in a way, I hope that is what happens. Then I thought maybe she'll use Chuck to make Nate see what he's just lost - he slept with her best friend and she's got even. I think Nate probably has bigger things to think about though. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out, it might depend on Chuck's reaction - will he want to stick with her for a while or will it ust be another 'notch' for him? Again, I think it could go either way.
Author: bala    Time: 11-8-2007 11:44     Subject: Reply #19 meljones_83's post

so all that left to discuss is Blair strip-tease?
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-8-2007 12:43

Well, if anyone on the show could get away with that it was Blair, she's gorgeous and very sexy, she had all the moves.
Author: bala    Time: 11-29-2007 11:56

the latest episode was good episode i liked the comparison between last thanksgiving and this one and secret is out dan father serena mother i can't believe his wife told him he couldn't see her-she left him and than decides to come set rules
Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-29-2007 15:14

okay, finally watched the episode, and i agree, i liked the comparison.  It showed how much things have changed over the last year before the show started.  It's funny to see Dan and Serena's past relationship (or lack there of), they remind me a bit of seth and summer from the O.C.  There are actually a lot of similarities between this show and the O.C., but I guess that is to be expected since Josh Schwartz produced both.

Overall i thought it was a good episode. i'm glad the lily/rufus secret is out, but i did not like the way alison handled it.  You can't run away and have an afair and then return to make rules for your husband to obey!

I really hate Nate's mom.  I don't understand how she can play off her husband's drug addiction as a simple accident.
Author: themegababe    Time: 11-30-2007 12:39

I really liked the comparison as well.  And it was funny to see how much Dan was pining over him, and she didn't even know he existed.  And things are so different now! haha

Yeah totally with you on alison. Actually, I do not like her that much anyways, and want Lily and Rufus to work out.  So I want her to leave and let them get together! haha  But really, she had an affair, and is mad because Rufus kissed Lily once?  So lame!  I think eventually Rufus is going to give up on the marriage, I mean, what is it really based on now?  And was Alison even going to come back without Jenny getting her??

And Nate's  mom is a spoiled brat who can't understand her husband.  He wants to provide for his family and not just take handouts from her Dad.  He wants to be able to do things on his own.  And I think his frustration with that, and probably with his marriage also, turned him to drugs. so sad.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 12-1-2007 05:35

Ok I've just seen the new episode and agree with a lot of what other people have said - about alison, the comparison and about Nate's mom.

I also wanted to add that I feel really sorry for Blair. I posted in another thread that I think her mom is very controlling with regard to the clothes Blair wears and I think that this shows that she is controlling Blair in other ways too. I'm not saying she is completely wrong and I can see her point at the end of why she didn't tell Blair what was going on but Blair is a big girl who should be able to make her own mind up about things. Her mother seems to be stifling and controlling her - which could be part of the reason for Blair's eating problem, I have seen this happen because someone feels it is one part of their life that they do have control over. I am looking forward to seeing how this storyline develops. It's quite serious to bring into a show that is quite frivolous generally when they have already had the very serious story of Eric's attempted suicide. I'm impressed with the writing so far so I'm sure it will be dealt with sensitively.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 12-1-2007 13:19

I also think that this episode really shows how strong the friendship between Blair and Serena is. I think they were both in the wrong at the beginning, Serena shouldn't have judged Blair for her relationship with Chuck, especially as Blair and Nate had broken up, as she slept with Nate while he was with Blair. Equally I think Blair needs to let that go. Serena said she wasn't staying for thanksgiving and Blair said she was uninvited so they were both to blame for that and they were being petty. However, when Blair had a problem, Serena was the person she turned to, she wasn't too proud to call on Serena and Serena came to help showing true friendship, there's hope for the two of them yet!!

I'm in the race.
Author: kwargalla    Time: 12-1-2007 13:24

I am really enjoying Gossip Girl.  Lots of fun silly drama to keep me entertained.  Gotta love Dan the boy from the wrong side of the tracks.  I hope to see more chuck - gotta love his evil ways. Especially when he's with Blair. I think she needs to let loose more!!

i am in the race!
Author: slade01    Time: 12-1-2007 13:32     Subject: I am in the race

109 was a great episode with the flashbacks.  What fun for Thanksgiving at the Humpfrey's. Secrets out but Alison making those rules for Rufus was way out of line, she has hardly been the model wife.  Looks like there is going to be some fun in the next couple of episodes
Author: yizzal    Time: 12-1-2007 14:47

hey guys , i would love to post a comment about the show but not something i've watched ...seems to be alot of shows im missing out on. i think this race is gonna be dangerous i may have to start watching alot more shows after this

i am in the race
Author: ms.smith    Time: 12-1-2007 15:12

Well, this is not a show I could get into, in part because of the cast. Not much diversity, not even looks-wise.

Since I don't know the show or of any established background, it's impossible to add anything, sorry.

I am in the race.
Author: cockyone    Time: 12-1-2007 16:25

this is not really my sorta show, although maybe if i have watched all seasons of all other shows on vip i might consider it to pass the time ....dont mean to offend anyone if this is ya fav show but just not to my taste

i am in the race
Author: nye87    Time: 12-1-2007 17:12

About episode 1x08, I thought that Chuck liking Blair was cute considering the type of person he is.  I also thought that Vanessa and Serena's bonding over Guitar Hero and "what it takes to be a best friend" talk was cute. I'm glad that Nate stepped up and decided not to use Blair to help his dad's business deal. I'm also glad that he spent his night talking to Jenny instead of showing up at her party and calling her at midnight (as he always used to).  Vanessa was a bit annoying showing up everywhere and acting as if Dan talks to her more than his own girlfriend. I didn't think that it was right how Chuck played "both sides of the fence" with Nate and Blair even though what he said to Nate was true (about not trying to make a relationship if he doesn't want it). I can't believe that Blair slept with Chuck but I thought that it was really sweet how he got the necklace that she wanted. I feel controversial about Dan's mom coming back. I don't really know how I feel about it yet. About 1x09, I was amazed to find out that Blair had an eating disorder. I thought what she said to Serena was REALLY mean and yet in the end, Serena came to her aid anyway. I think that they made the deal with Serena's mom and Dan's dad way bigger than it had to be. I feel like it was in the past and they had no way of knowing how the future would turn out. I felt like Dan's mom was really mean to Lily. Once again, I felt really bad for Nate with his dad mixing meds and alcohol and ODing on those meds. It was so sad how he told his dad that they needed him and not to just try to bail on them. Overall, I thought that both these episodes were good. I'm in the race.
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 12-1-2007 18:22

ok i really couldnt get into this show....lol....i really did try but, i dont know something was missing for me  

i'm in the race
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 12-1-2007 19:05     Subject: Reply #33 mamaeyeore's post

yeah, and we're really worried about poor gyki. we might just have to agree with him that some bloodshed might improve this show! the tragic troubles of rich kids is not really our cup of tea either, but you have to admit that the quiz is very creative.

we just don't see the vanessa and serena friendship ever happening in the real world, not that we would be seeing much of these people's lives anyway. dan is an easy character to like even if the cheesey family game of thanksgiving touch football threatened to make him a totally insipid character. and enough of cedric already.

we're in the race
Author: Myaers    Time: 12-1-2007 20:34

this show is sooo my guilty pleasure...i fight my sister to watch it on wednesdays. i see this show have a no contest with private practice but i still have to wrestle for the remote.  
I do love the show, it reminds me of the niceness of first season OC

i am im the race
Author: penny3760    Time: 12-2-2007 00:14     Subject: I AM IN THE RACE

I have only watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes of this show.  The last episode I watched, I felt so sorry for Blaire's and her eating disorder.   I think that Nate and Jenny should get together. I think that they would make a better couple.  I am starting to like this show. I probably will start to watch more episodes.
Author: dem479    Time: 12-2-2007 12:36

I have never watched this show before. There sure is a lot going on.  Even though I hadn't watched the first few episodes, 108 and 109 caught me up pretty well. Especially 109 with all the Thanksgiving drama going on. Even though it was interesting I don't think this is something I will watch on a regular basis.

I am in the Race!
Author: themegababe    Time: 12-3-2007 09:37

I agree with Granny Penny. I can totally see Nate and Jenny together.  I was also shocked by Blair's eating disorder.  But I think they portrayed it really well.  I know I was hooked and couldn't take my eyes off the screen.  Glad to see new people trying the show, even if it is only for the race!
Author: mrstankreynolds    Time: 12-3-2007 13:55     Subject: Reply 1#1 imarielle626's post

Boy is there a lot going on?  But at least no boredom,

Selena and Brook need to just accept each other.  I was impressed that Selena left TG dinner with new BF and his family and just because Brook needed her
Good show
Author: bala    Time: 12-5-2007 08:34     Subject: Episode 10

wow-what a fantastic episode i honestly don't know where to start but last 2 minutes were brillant-ok see blair  top-half naked was defiantly cool ok back to the episode-serena grandmother was most manipulative person on the show and to certain extent i liked her it's shame srena had to see her grandmother for who she is and blair the only reason she doing that get back at chuck and this is going to be mean-i knew she was mean but use him get rid of chuck-chuck can be an arse something but he really does have a heart and it hurts when she breaks it and she knows that would hurt chuck hence her act but hey who's complaining we got see some skins .
Author: shilpacardiff    Time: 12-7-2007 13:21     Subject: MUSIC from Gossip girl

Heyy you guys, im a great fan of gossip girl and especially all the music thats been featured on the show! And i found this fantastic site where u can see which songs were aired during those episodes!

http://www.tunefind.com/show/Gossip+Girl

I especially liked the Timberland song "apologize" in the latest episode "Hi Society"

Laterz
Author: imarielle626    Time: 12-20-2007 13:05     Subject: Roman Holiday Discussion

Before I start with my thoughts on this episode, I just want to warn that I am in the middle of reading the new book, which happens to be the prequel, so I appologize if I throw something in that is from the book not the show.  It is a little confusing having both in my head right now.

With that said, I thought this was a great episode.  Blair is just pure evil, but it is good that in the end she accepted her father and his new lover (can't remember his name).

I loved Dan and Serena's Christmas gifts to each other.  Both were so thoughtful and romantic.  Especially Serena bringing Dan the snow!  I really love them as a couple!  As for Dan's story, I had a feeling 10-08-05 had something to do with Serena.

I'm glad Rufus and Allison have finally come to realize that enough is enough and just end their marriage.  It is sad for the kids, especially Jenny, but in the end it would have never worked out.  Now Lily just has to turn down Bart's marriage proposal and check her voicemail and get back together with Rufus.  Then all will be good!
Author: imarielle626    Time: 1-3-2008 12:59     Subject: School Lies Episode Discussion

Loved this episode.  It was a bit unpredictable which is something new for Gossip Girl.  I really thought either no one was going to confess for breaking in, or Dan was going to rat out Chuck.  I also didn't think Lily would actually accept Bart's marriage proposal.  I'm not to happy with the Bart/Lily relationship, but I honestly don't think it will last very long.  I just hope that GG continues to keep up the good work! =)
Author: themegababe    Time: 1-4-2008 08:22

Totally missed your review of the last episode! haha

Man, that episode (school lies) was awesome.  I was glued to the tv!  Who would have thought it was Serena who opened up the pool?  But I am glad that she came clean to "save" Dan and to not make him choose, although it looked like he was covering for her.

I am also not happy with Bart and Lily and hope it ends soon. But Lily has a good point, Rufus just showed up and then left and then showed up again, what's to make her think he won't leave again.  And I am bummed that Serena couldn't deal with her Mom being with Rufus. I mean, it would be weird for her to continue to date Dan, but not incestuous or anything.  dumb girl
Author: angel17halo    Time: 1-4-2008 12:01

School Lies episode was great... Seems like every other character wants to protect someone or do something for someone else's benefit... Nate covers up for Blair, Chuck takes the key so that no one would get blamed, Dan looks like he was about to cover for Serena, Serena actually fessing up so no one else would get suspended, Lily breaking things off with Rufus for Serena, and finally Bart "helping" Serena by paying off the head mistress. The title says it all "School Lies"... The episode was full of lies... I can't wait for the next episode, which looks sooo good based on the sneak previews that I've seen!
Author: themegababe    Time: 1-7-2008 12:24

Yeah seriously, how is Blair going to keep things with Chuck a secret if she is....  guess we will see in 2 days!
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 1-7-2008 16:33

School Lies reminded me of this situation my English teacher tricked us into.

She gave us a letter saying that 6 people from our class cheated on a test. She said she had proof because she had another English class a few periods before our class and handed out the test to them, but even though the questions on the test were the same, she switched the order around. She said that the kids who cheated in our class would've gotten perfect scores if they took the test in the other English class (so she was suspecting that there was a conspiracy between the two classes). She said that somebody needed to confess or everybody in our class will get a 0 on our test. One boy in my class stood up and said that he cheated to try to get everybody out of trouble (a little like what Nate did in GG). After what seemed like forever, our teacher opened the door and said that it was just a joke. Everybody was pretty freaked out at that point. She told us that because we were about to start reading The Crucible, she wanted us to be in a similar situation and know what it's like to be accused of something you didn't do. Well, she sure succeeded.
Author: nye87    Time: 1-8-2008 18:49

I can't believe that it was Serena! I thought that Chuck took the key to hide because he was trying to cover for Blair. And it sucks how Lily and Rufus can't get together because of their kids. Nate was so sweet and its too bad that he couldn't know how Blair really felt about him.  I don't know about the new headmaster, I don't think it was fair how she punished the innocent to make a point or how she tried to force Dan into telling because he's not rich.
Author: themegababe    Time: 1-9-2008 10:10

Funny girl, that is crazy about what your teacher did!  I could not imagine that.  I bet if she let it go on long enough, people would have just started blaming each other.  Eventually you might have been able to convince someone they did it, somehow. haha

Man, I so so so want Lily and Rufus together.  oh well. haha  

I just noticed that this weeks's episode is up already, and it hasn't even aired on us tv yet!  crazy!  i love it!
Author: imarielle626    Time: 1-10-2008 14:19

ugh!  my post didn't go through!  I don't feel like retyping it so I'll just give you the highlights

Rufus:  What's with this sudden attraction to young brunettes?  Did I miss something?  I don't like him dating, he should be with Lily!
Chuck: I strongly dislike him!
Dan: Why can't all guys be like him?  He's like every girl's dream guy!
Serena:  She's such a good friend to Blair, even when Blair treats her horribly.  I'm glad she got B to stay.  B needs to face her problems head on.  Running away doesn't solve anything.  S's return is proof of that!
Jenny:  Little Miss J has now risen to the top.  Let's just hope the power doesn't go to her head and she still remembers what it was like to be at the bottom only a short time ago.
Author: angel17halo    Time: 1-10-2008 21:38

Nooo!! Final episode filmed due to writer's strike! I think it's going to be a while before we have new episodes. At least there aren't any huge cliffhangers except for new relationships between people. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, so that's all I can say for now.
Author: nye87    Time: 1-17-2008 16:19

I agree, I want Lily and Rufus to be together. But then Dan and Serena can't be together. It sucks. I'm glad that all of Blair's ways finally caught up with her. Maybe this will turn her into a better person. She's so nasty to Jenny. I can't believe that Jenny has taken her spot; I hope that she doesn't turn out like Blair and those other girls because of it. I enjoyed this episode and I loved the end and the song that was playing in the background. Oh yeah, and it was really sweet how Dan told Serena why he loved her. I was starting to feel bad for him after his many failed attempts and then after Serena's reply.
Author: bala    Time: 1-24-2008 03:38     Subject: Episode 11-13

i watched all 3 episodes back to back and going to put my comments all in one here.

Ep11-Well this was the Christmas episode and it's not all happy ending for humphy clan since the mother is still cheating on her husband and is now moving away, i'm glad she's gone. everyone else had a happy Christmas

EP12-well swimming incident well i love all the backstabbing, Lilly what is she play at?,nate did it for blair, Serena had the key but put Dan in a difficult situation,the mind game chuck is playing with Blair is brillant i can't believe he outsmarted Blair confess on a tape.This really is a good episode.

EP13- Well Serena pregnant?-well that good start to the episode,than we find out she's isn't i was disappointed but than when i found it Blair might be pregnant i couldn't believe it it could be Chucks . This just than turn rather complicated with secrets coming out. Blair moving away but i'm glad Serena stop her
Author: bala    Time: 1-24-2008 10:58     Subject: Reply 51#51 angel17halo's post

according to tv.com only 13 episodes are in season 1
Author: meljones_83    Time: 2-7-2008 07:27

I have just watched #11, #12 and #13 to catch up, this is the first time I have watched anything for ages. Still loving gossip girl!
I actually feel sorry for Blair, although I think she deserved to be taken off her 'high horse' a bit,  don't think she deserved to be brought crashing down with such a thud! I still dislike Nate and I think he's a hypocrite, although I understand him being upset and angry, I don't think he has any room to judge!
Also really still dislike Chuck - bang goes my theory that he actually liked Blair, then again, maybe he's too proud to admit it after knowing that she was only coming to him as a last resort.
Jenny is verging on being unlikeable, I hope she remembers who she really is before going too far down that road.
As for Rufus and Lily, I don't understand why they couldn't be together as well as Serena and Dan. It's not like Rufus and Lily were talking marriage and even if they did, Dan and Serena aren't really related so it wouldn't be incest. Does anyone know the law on this in the US? I'm sure I read somewhere that in the UK they can't stop step brothers and sisters having a relationship for the very reason that it wouldn't be fair if they had gotten together before their parents. I think that someone suggested making it a law but it never got anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Author: imarielle626    Time: 2-7-2008 08:53     Subject: Reply 55#55 meljones_83's post

As far as I know there is no law against step-siblings dating.  I think it is just uncomfortable.  Think about it.  It would be weird and put strains on the relationships.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 2-7-2008 09:39

Yeah, I can see that it could be a little odd, but I don't think it's fair that one couple who really like each other can't be together because of it.
If the relationships are not strong enough then they wouldn't have survived anyway and if they are strong enough then something like that wouldn't get in the way. I'd say that it'd be fine for Rufus and Lily to date, just not to go moving the two families in together - they would have to wait until the kids had left home before living together.
Author: jadewilson1    Time: 3-24-2008 09:59

i have only just started watching gossip girl as live in the uk but am addicted!
Author: onetolove    Time: 3-25-2008 22:15

When is Gossip Girl coming back?
Author: bala    Time: 3-25-2008 23:29     Subject: Reply 59#59 onetolove's post

Monday, April 21, 8:00 p.m.
Author: onetolove    Time: 3-26-2008 08:54

That is a LONG time from now.. even ONE TREE HILL... is coming back some where in the middle of April.. Bummer
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2008 08:57     Subject: Reply 61#61 onetolove's post

There only 5 more episode season finishes
Author: onetolove    Time: 3-26-2008 11:42

I hope there's another one after that! But then they're probably going to make us wait forever for that one too..
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2008 12:06     Subject: Reply 63#63 onetolove's post

As soon as i find out i will let you know
Author: Puppet125    Time: 4-9-2008 13:30

I don't watch the show but it has been renewed.
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2008 23:24     Subject: Reply 65#65 Puppet125's post

At least that's good news
Author: bala    Time: 4-11-2008 10:49

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lr6OZHeBAOc
Author: bala    Time: 4-21-2008 08:51

Anyone excited this series has returned?
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2008 08:44     Subject: Gossip Girl 1x14

Just when you think Blair is out she manages sneak back in but i got handed to Jenny she got back her throne from Blair , the look on her face said it all, now Jenny she learnt a hard lesson which was if your pretend to rich and your not it will catch up with you-red dresses she wore and surprise birthday present was funny, i mean you just knew she couldn't get away with it but it's amazing how these girl easily forgave her-better luck next time Blair-who's this G person-yes i think Georgia from the book but i have no idea who she is but I'm guessing it must be bad if Serena had to go to Chucks for compassion not Blair what's with that?.She did say she was sorry.
Author: 01torres    Time: 4-22-2008 09:23

I like the presents subplot with Serena I wonder who is sending her presents and no I don't think its chuck.

I mean who is G?

Guess we will finding out soon.

I also don't like the direction Jenny is going, what was she thinking when she stole that dress and then sneaking out at the end to humiliate Blair.
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2008 09:34     Subject: Reply 70#70 01torres's post

Didn't know you were a fan
Author: 01torres    Time: 4-22-2008 09:38

I like to dabble into all sorts of shows and this one of them. Very good show being watching it before it came onto the site.
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2008 09:54     Subject: Reply 72#72 01torres's post

It nice to see you have a wide range of shows you like-i was worried just a sci-fi fan
Author: shinny    Time: 4-22-2008 10:08

This was a great comeback episode. I didn't read any of the books so I'm completely dumbfounded to know who G is. I'm imagining it's someone Serena was a little "wild" with !!

I agree Torres, I don't like this new Jenny. This was her metaphorical crossroads and well, she took the wrong road. Things are going to get a whole lot worse before she finally realises what Serena realised about them.

Can't wait for the next episode !!!
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2008 10:14     Subject: Reply 74#74 shinny's post

Well i think we know who will play new actress

Promo for the next episode

[ Last edited by bala at 4-22-2008 19:14 ]
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 4-22-2008 17:41

I haven't read the books either, but G. is most definitely Georgina, aka. Michelle Trachtenberg's character. She's supposed to be this wild child from Serena's past who just got out rehab and is going to cause trouble for Serena (as if she didn't cause enough trouble already).

I liked this episode. But WHAT HAPPENED TO JENNY? I used to love her character, but ughhh, she is getting more and more bitchy by the second. I cannot believe that she is turning to this person she is becoming.

I really really hope Chuck and Serena become like, allies who team up to handle the return of "G." I mean, it wouldn't hurt Chuck's reputation that much if he send some of G.'s own medicine to her, right?
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2008 09:50     Subject: Reply 76#76 funny-girl101's post

i found out a massive spoilers bombshell-well i don't think it's a surprise but someone comes out of the closet -any guesses who it will be?
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 4-23-2008 12:02     Subject: Reply 77#77 bala's post

Yeah, I know who it is already.   Kelly Rutherford, who plays Lilly revealed it at this party thingy this week.

It's not really hard to guess, but highlight to read: Serena's brother (what's his name again? )
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2008 23:37     Subject: Reply 78#78 funny-girl101's post

nothing really get past you-i also thought that was obvious as well it would been funny if it was chuck
Author: imarielle626    Time: 4-23-2008 23:40

I had completely forgotten about Michelle Trachtenberg joining the cast.  I was trying to pull out names from the books to guess who G is going to be.  The characters don't really match up personality wise, but so far they have pulled the names in.

As far as someone coming out of the closet.  I guess that is to be expected.  She also played with the gay story line in the books.

I really liked this episode.  I hope that Jenny figures out how bad these girls are for her though.  She is too good of a person to fall to their evilness!  I do like her new haircut though.  I want Jenny and Nate to get together.  I think he could help her come back to her old Brooklyn self!

Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2008 23:41     Subject: Reply 80#80 imarielle626's post

it's a male character not female character that comes out of the closet.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-24-2008 01:17

I'm not going to say who I think it is, but I'd imagine i'm about 95% right. It's rather obvious if you think of what he's been through.
Author: bala    Time: 4-24-2008 01:22     Subject: Reply 82#82 shinny's post

Well i think you are right
Author: imarielle626    Time: 4-24-2008 05:02     Subject: Reply 81#81 bala's post

the she was in reference to the author of the books and the show.  I meant she played with the gay storyline in the books too, although it didn't last long
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 4-24-2008 14:25

It took me awhile to figure out who G was... I woke up the next day and knew that the new character I'd been hearing about joining GG is G...Georgina Otherwise, the new episode was pretty good...Jenny really should stick with Nate, her brother and Serena to hang out with though... I was surprised that they accepted her so quickly...probably because she had Nate in tow... Well, until next Tuesday, I think that's all I have to say...
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-24-2008 14:48     Subject: Reply 85#85 redsoxpatriot30's post

she was pimping nate out!!  she's turning into a horrible person - i think little j should be sent to public school away from the upper east side!!  

can't wait to see what other trouble G brings with her to NY
Author: themegababe    Time: 4-25-2008 06:59

I did NOT like the way Jenny was acting either. I used to really like her character, but now she's just as bad as the rest of them, if not worse. And I really didn't like how she used Nate either, he seemed to actually like her, well the sweet her before...

And I think the reason Serena went to Chuck was to apologize, because it was her fault that he got kicked out.  

Will be interesting to see what happens when G comes into town, I hope S is strong enough to handle it!

Author: bala    Time: 4-25-2008 07:15     Subject: Reply 87#87 themegababe's post

Well only few more days until we see her i already seen the promo so it should be good
Author: nye87    Time: 4-25-2008 12:56

Wow! "G" seems to be a pretty bad person if Chuck and Serena both needed drinks. I also couldn't believe Jenny. I used to love her, but she has definitely changed. I thought that it was really sweet how Nate cared about her enough to talk to her about it and to even tell Dan about what was going on. But then she repays him by like yelling at him and then making him date one of the girls for her own personal gain. And she had no remorse for Blair or him, Its really sad. Poor, Chuck...I hope that his father allows him back into the house after he finds out that he is in fact innocent. I don't think that Nate and Jenny would be a good couple because she seems a little too young for him; but nonetheless, his actions towards her were pretty cute. Only 3 more days to go until we meet this G.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 4-25-2008 14:59

I just watched the new episode and I really really hope Jenny gets taken down somehow! She's been horrible, and I've always liked Blair so I'm hoping she wins this battle!
Author: bala    Time: 4-25-2008 22:42     Subject: Reply 90#90 meljones_83's post

i love blair
Author: onetolove    Time: 4-27-2008 20:17

i like "S"
Author: themegababe    Time: 4-28-2008 13:38

i like s too... has anyone else started calling their friends by letters because of this?  i have! haha
Author: bala    Time: 4-29-2008 07:33     Subject: Gossip Girl 1x15

Well we finally met Georgia and she really is a piece of work spike Serena drink and ending with her introducing herself to Dan but Blair got hand it to her she really is a master manipulator and has jenny finally found a good guy and strange hook-up between Nate and Dan's friend was rather interesting-i would been surprised if certain member hadn't post the pictures of that but i think it's nice and llok on Blair face and dan face said it all.
Author: themegababe    Time: 4-29-2008 11:36

Oh man!  What an episode!  You are right Bala, wasn't shocked about Venessa and Nate because of the picture, but it was still shocking that it was so soon! haha  It will be interesting to see their storyline continue.

And now I really want to know what G has on S.  And why won't she tell Dan?  Or chuck!  And G, really don't like her.  I mean, who drugs their friends? That's incredibly wrong!  And then introducing herself to Dan as Sarah?  Weird.  Why won't she leave S alone??

Author: shinny    Time: 4-29-2008 11:45     Subject: Reply 95#95 themegababe's post

Hmm....gets more interesting each episode. I too want to know what G has on S, it's got to be bad !

I liked Nate and Vanessa hooking up. I think they'll make a balanced couple. What a funny scene when both Dan and Blair were standing looking at them both !!

Will this new guy be the turning point for Jenny, will she come good in the end, who knows?

I totally agree. I can't believe she drugged S. How terrible is that?!
Author: angel17halo    Time: 4-29-2008 11:51

I just hope Georgina doesn't become a series regular... I don't think I like her very much.. As for the promo, I have a couple of ideas about who it might be referring to... I haven't read any of the books, so I think the real answer may be included in the books.. I think it's going to be really good..

Author: shinny    Time: 4-29-2008 12:03

1x16 all about my brother promo

Author: themegababe    Time: 4-29-2008 12:13

very very interesting secret.  really makes me wonder what happened!

and angel, i totally feel you on G.  I would not wnt to see her become a regular.  But I think she's only supposed to be around for 3 or 4 episodes.  Then again, so was Addison on Grey's Anatomy! haha

And Jenny, it seems like she could be nice. but wasn't she only trying to find a boyfriend so that she could be the new queen bee?  That's not playing nice! haha

Author: nye87    Time: 4-29-2008 13:19

Wow, Georgina is terrible. I mean, she drugged her and then lied about it! She is definitely jealous of Serena and I guess she wants to try and steal Dan for herself. I thought that it was so mean and she made her miss the SATs, lied about the night before, and then told her "I guess you haven't changed after all". I also think that Nate and Vanessa are cute together and I did not see that coming at all. I think they are both genuinely nice people and that they deserve to be with nice people as well. I was so upset by how Jenny didn't like the guy when she thought that he was a dog walker, but then she liked him when she saw that he had money. Thats just wrong...she has really been brainwashed. He really does seem like a nice guy and I hope that he will be something really good for her. I thought that Chuck was totally out of line acting like Serena was with him and I couldn't believe that Serena allowed him to do that. I know that she didn't want Dan to know about Georgina but that seriously wasn't right. Poor Dan.

I can't wait to find out what they are hiding. How bad can it be, right? Its not like they killed someone. I have no idea what it could be, so I really can't wait.

[ Last edited by nye87 at 4-29-2008 21:21 ]

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0