Board logo

Subject: Our Girl Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-28-2014 10:13     Subject: Our Girl Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Our Girl Premiered on BBC One on March 24, 2013

Our Girl is the story of Molly Dawes who takes her destiny into her own hands and joins the British Army as a medic.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Our Girl Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-28-2014 18:19 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-28-2014 10:13

Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2014 11:01     Subject: Episode 1

Molly was really fresh out of her training when she went to Afghanistan but she had lot to prove but she very lucky in the mine field that what i call a close call. by the end she made a good impression which is great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-28-2014 11:05     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

Have you watched the film / pilot from last year
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2014 11:14     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I didn't know about that until i saw your post

Decided to just watch 10 minutes recap instead

[ Last edited by bala at 9-28-2014 19:27 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2014 13:07     Subject: Episode 2

Molly getting intel from her friend unintentionally leading to them prepare for ambush was great but she was worried about consequence to her which was great and you really could see worry on her face but suicide bomb was one hell payback form her father   . I just glad she got away now
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2014 04:18     Subject: Our Girl (2013)

It was obvious Molly's present of her dad was from her mom but what a house full and what a scum bag her father was going to her work expecting her to give him money out the cash box and then catching her boyfriend making out in the toilet which was the icing on the cake, Molly's attitude and mouth to her instructor was amusing but being asked to write a letter to your parents in case you die was a wake up call as it's like a letter from the grave and not going home after her father was injured was understandable as it was all a scam to get extra benefit
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2014 04:19     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

The 10 minutes recap was good but not a patch on the film
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2014 05:01     Subject: 1x01 Episode 1

Molly having one night to say goodbye to her family was nice but what a scum bag her father was by not saying goodbye and all because she would go along with his ludicrous scam idea, Molly freezing at her first casualty was understandable as he was in a bad way and Smurf saving Molly ass was nice the way the other guys are around her because of him was sad but being able to save Smurf was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2014 09:04

Smurf returns to the Forward Operating Base - Our Girl: Episode 2 Preview

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-2-2014 07:52 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-1-2014 23:52     Subject: 1x02 Episode 2

It was hard to tell at first if Bashira was actually a friend or enemy but letting some information slip to Molly about the insurgency was lucky and if it's wasn't for Molly I think Bashira would of died as a result of that bomb vest
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-1-2014 23:53

Molly rises to the challenge in the obstacle race - Our Girl: Series 1 Episode 3
Iwan Rheon discusses Smurf and his swagger - Our Girl: Episode 3

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-24-2014 18:13 ]
Author: bala    Time: 10-5-2014 08:58     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

It's nice to actually go backwards watching the movie after seeing first 2 episode because you can see how Molly has changed and it was eye opener the training they put her through and you did feel bad seeing her fail but knowing she would make it was great .

Her dad was a bit of scum bag but at least she explained what happened to him but seeing the footage on funeral on another girl who got killed was sad.

I agree her letter was heartfelt
Author: bala    Time: 10-5-2014 22:57     Subject: Episode 3

Molly having a week off return home was nice but after what happen she couldn't stop thinking about dead people she saw and it really affected her. This was more emotional episode and she is playing with fire having feelings for her LT. Even. How bad must she feel at end that person she didn't like actually protect her when he was threaten to kill her .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-11-2014 00:50

This has now been added to the VIP site
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2014 22:50     Subject: Episode 4

Molly love triangle is getting dangerous and smurf losing it in middle of a mission was very risky causing both men to get injured .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-24-2014 10:54     Subject: 1x03 Episode 3

I liked the music playing while they did their version of the Olympics and was a perfect fit for Molly and not wanting to go home was understandable considering the way her father was when she left but insisting she goes just to get his coffee was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-24-2014 10:56

Smurf is shaken after reading a letter from home - Our Girl: Episode 4 Preview
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2014 11:24     Subject: Episode 5

This was emotional season finale she just couldn't get peace until she knew that little girl was safe and she managed to confirm it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-24-2014 11:32     Subject: 1x04 Episode 4

What a shame Molly thinking she had saved Bashira when it looks like she has put her life in more danger with her interference and Smurf declare his love for Molly while hiding was bad timing but the thunder scaring them was amusing and you just knew Smurf would do something stupid
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-24-2014 11:34

Ben Aldridge describes Commanding Officer, Captain James - Our Girl
Molly sprints to the medical centre - Our Girl: Episode 5 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-24-2014 12:22     Subject: 1x05 Episode 5

Molly's family turning up to meet her was a nice surprise and you would of thought the Captain's family should of been there first, Smurf turning up with the red dress was sweet but what happened on the football pitch was tragic and getting to see Bashira was a nice ending
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2014 12:34     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

What a way ruin an happy ending
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-11-2016 02:16

Our Girl: Series 2 Teaser trailer - BBC One
Author: bala    Time: 8-11-2016 22:20     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Took 2 years for another season if this was USA this would be cancelled
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-7-2016 14:32     Subject: Georgie & Elvis

Amusing first glimpse with Elvis putting a message in a bottle asking if Georgie would marry him but replying on the back and throwing it back in without him knowing what she wrote was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-8-2016 05:22

Training Session - Our Girl: Series 2 Episode 1 - BBC One
Michelle Keegan unwraps Lance Corporal Georgie Lane - Our Girl: Series 2 - BBC One
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-8-2016 06:48     Subject: 2x01 Episode 1

On first impressions Georgie seems a good replacement for Molly and having Elvis sneaking in the night before the wedding was amusing but tragic he failed to turn up for the wedding, going on a humanitarian tour to Kenya a couple of years later is bound to make her think of what might of been with Elvis and what a cliffhanger being taken hostage
Author: bala    Time: 9-11-2016 00:38     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Yes she does seem like a good replacement but i think the time between the first season and second season help with the adjustment . It's a good thing i watched Georgie & Elvis clip before watching this as it explain background but it was rather pointless since he left her so what's point of do that clip unless he will be apart of the rescue mission in Kenya.

It was a good start to the season
Author: bala    Time: 9-16-2016 00:59     Subject: Episode #2.2

Yes i knew Elvis would be involved in rescue mission
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-16-2016 01:50

Georgie is taken hostage - Our Girl: Series 2 Episode 2 Preview - BBC One
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-16-2016 02:23     Subject: 2x02 Episode 2

Georgie keep asking if she was over the boarder was pushing her luck and Elvis not knowing before hand who he was rescuing was surprising but what a shame they couldn't save Kicki with them being so close
Author: bala    Time: 9-16-2016 02:31     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I did feel he was a bit cocky with the rescue
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-20-2016 02:23

Georgie (Michelle Keegan) tries to help the forces - Our Girl: Series 2 Episode 3 Preview - BBC One
Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2016 11:13     Subject: 2x03 Episode 3

So we find out why Elvis left her at the alter and i have to say that was good reason,  he did the right thing no matter what the consequences were he had a responsibility and he didn't want drag Georgie through it which was very considerate but she still hasn't told her current Guy about Elvis but it look he will find out in next episode .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2016 03:40     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

I know that air strike looked good but not checking afterwards was surprising and Elvis risking his own life on the beach to save the others was reckless but his reason for not getting married wasn't what I expected
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2016 03:41

Our Girl - Series 2: Episode 4 Trailer - BBC One
Georgie's wedding dress panic - Our Girl: Series 2 Episode 4 Preview - BBC One

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-29-2016 12:39 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2016 04:38     Subject: 2x04 Episode 4

With Jason coming to the UK the target was obviously British but could he be after Georgie and if they had checked after the air strike they might of know he wasn't there, you would of expected security to chase Georgie when she ran out wearing the wedding, you cant blame Jamie for confronting Elvis and I cant believe they got the wrong bus allowing him to escape again
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2016 06:57

Leaving the army - Our Girl: Series 2 Episode 5 Preview - BBC One
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2016 10:41     Subject: 2x05 Episode 5

Trying to throw herself into the last-minute wedding plans with Jamie was understandable after her recent kidnapping but Elvis putting himself in harms way to save her was bound to upset the wedding, glad the stopped the bomber
Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2016 23:47     Subject: Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

I am not sure how i feel about this because i did find it amusing at start of season she was left at alter and in this episode she left him at the alter but she was right she never going to be settle down type after what happened. It was nice way to end the season but i thought it was obvious his ex-girlfriend was going to be the target as soon as she mentioned her graduation i thought that will be the target.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0