Board logo

Subject: Doctor Who Season 8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-4-2014 21:31     Subject: Doctor Who Season 8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Season 8 Here

Click Here For The Doctor Who About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Doctor Who on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 21:10 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2014 03:34     Subject: 8x01 Deep Breath

This was a surprisingly early leak by the BBC for screening purposes only episode and not sure if it's supposed to be black and white but for the era it was OK, the Dinosaur swallowing the TARDIS while time travelling was bad timing and the innocent question about holding your breath so important was great
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2014 12:58     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

I waited for proper version and it was a good opening episode and rather good episode but also a strange episode as well because it does seem like doctor was rather confused at himself and saving the day was amusing. So much for it being over it found paradise and that suppose to heaven
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 8-24-2014 12:09     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

I never checked out the leak either.  

I enjoyed the episode, and quite liked the new Doctor.  Looking forward to more of him, and am curious if he'll remember where he's seen his new face before.  I'm also really curious about who that woman is that met the cyborg in "heaven". LOL!

Author: bala    Time: 8-31-2014 07:59     Subject: 8x02 Into the Dalek

Finding a good Dalek was rare but Clara being the only one to make doctor realise it wasn't a waste of time because we learnt something new . Do we really need another companion fall in love with a guy who seem to be suffer PTSD to a minor degree. If he join in in future episodes it should be interesting.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-1-2014 04:42     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

I am very happy he's older and it's not about the companion thinking he's "adorable."  I like the new dynamic.  I did not like the dyalek storyline.  Mostly, I didn't like the antibodies part.  It seemed  a bit far fetched after previous dyalek storylines.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-1-2014 05:57     Subject: The Ultimate Companion

BBC America paying tribute to the companions rather than the doctors made a nice change as they play an important part in their own right especially since 2005, John Barrowman making Peter Davison wait for an interview during the conference was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-1-2014 06:44     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

Asking the Doctor to help treat a Dalek was ironic but with it wanting to destroy the other Dalek you can understand why he changed his mind and you just knew fixing it would turn out bad once repaired
Author: bala    Time: 9-8-2014 10:04     Subject: The Robots of Sherwood

Clara wanting to meet Robin hood was interesting but doctor refusing to believe he was robin hood was amusing
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-8-2014 10:50     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

I agree.  That was amusing.  While I really like Peter Capaldi in the role, I'm still in adjustment mode with the new Doctor, I am enjoying the bit of surliness in his nature. lol  I am very curious about the running theme re: the Promised Land and wonder what it really is.   

Also, the promo for next week looks like one that will have me creeped out for days.   I was most definitely a child who was afraid of something being under the bed at night, and any time I had to get up, I'd either try to leap from my bed to the door, or I'd climb on the other bedroom furniture so as not to touch the floor until I was as close to the door as possible.  I know it's silly, but children's fears are frequently irrational.

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-8-2014 11:38     Subject: 8x03 Robot of Sherwood

Robin and the Doctor both ending up in the water was amusing and the three of them shooting the golden arrow was nice team work
Author: bala    Time: 9-14-2014 06:45     Subject: 8x04 Listen

How many times has Clara  messed around in time and trying figure out what point of this episode was because it really left puzzled for filler episode no enemy to fight just shadow of your imagination?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-14-2014 10:59     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

Clara's date not going well was a little predictable but the episode revolving around Danny Pink time line was a little surprising
Author: bala    Time: 9-16-2014 12:48     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Considering he's joining the cast this season i wasn't . It's a way to introduce him into the series as regular .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2014 09:52     Subject: 8x05 Time Heist

I expected a bigger explosion when blowing a hole in the floor and no wonder they had their memories wiped after what happened to the other guys brain but the bank robbery turning into a rescue mission was nice
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2014 10:05     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

That was nice but the fact doctor was behind it was priceless .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2014 10:14     Subject: Special Earth Conquest

Another good BBC America special with them promoting this season by travelling the world
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2014 10:15

DOCTOR WHO's Peter Capaldi & Jenna Coleman Rock Fans at U.S. Premiere Screening in NYC, World Tour
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2014 08:22     Subject: The Caretaker

The only purpose of this episode was introduce the doctor to Cara boyfriend who we knew wouldn't get on with the doctor.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-29-2014 14:53     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

I thought it was funny that the Doctor thought that Clara's boyfriend was the fella who looked kind of like Matt Smith.   I also got a kick out of him calling Danny a P.E. teacher.  

Any ideas on what you think the Promised Land is, or who Missy is yet?  This time the attendant talking to the newest arrival referred to her as God, and the "romised Land" as heaven (though he said it has many names), but I'd be very surprised if the storyline was truly religious in tone.  

Author: loribod    Time: 9-29-2014 18:34

Has anyone noticed the audio is sorely out of synch with the video on The Caretaker (8x06)?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-30-2014 14:44     Subject: Reply 21#21 loribod's post

I just checked, and the audio is completely in sync with the video, unless it go out at some specific point in the program.  See post #1 in our Error Reporting thread for some guidelines on what information to provide when reporting an error.  Also, if you report any errors you find in that thread, they are much more likely to be noticed, since the moderators don't necessarily check every single new post in all the threads.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-4-2014 09:34     Subject: 8x06 The Caretaker

You can understand why Clara was distracted when the Doctor went undercover at her School but Danny and the Doctor not seeing eye to eye was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-5-2014 13:53     Subject: 8x07 Kill the Moon

Finding themselves on a space shuttle about to take part in a suicide mission on the moon was interesting as they took a school girl with them and leaving Clara to make the decision whether to kill the moon or not was surprising
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2014 10:01     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

She was very angry at the end i wonder how she will forgive him since she said she doesn't want to him again ?
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2014 08:42     Subject: Mummy on the Orient Express

I felt this was disappointing episode because all those victims had say i surrender than they wouldn't be killed and i can't believe she decided to stay with him after her frustration in previous episode
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-12-2014 19:18     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

I liked that this episode was more like ones we're used to.  I'm getting used to the new Doctor, but Clara's change of heart seemed to come too easily after the way she acted in the previous episode.  I think she does enjoy the adventures and the travel, but she seems oblivious to the fact that the Doctor has always been a bit reckless.  The new Doctor is kind of grumpier, so it's like she's putting any negative characteristics down to his new regeneration, when those are the things that haven't changed.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-17-2014 04:55     Subject: 8x08 Mummy on the Orient Express

The victims only having 60 seconds to live after seeing the mummy would be frightening and I know the Orient Express is a classic but I would of preferred with it being in space it should of been a more futuristic event so the period costume was out of place and cell phone reception was pushing it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2014 02:59     Subject: 8x09 Flatline

I know they have always said it's smaller on the outside but that's taking it to far and Danny timing for his phone calls is amusing
Author: bala    Time: 10-19-2014 07:53     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Clara did a fantastic job rescuing the doctor when Tardis run out of power that was smart thinking
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2014 05:04     Subject: 8x10 In the Forest of the Night

Waking up to find whole of the Earth is covering with trees was interesting and realise it was save the Earth was great revelation. Still have no clue who that women is and they keep dragging that along for 10 episode my patience is getting annoying. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2014 12:27     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Maebh asking the Doctor for help was amusing but wondering off again could of been worse with the wild animals on the loose and the tree's being there to protect the earth from a solar flare was a nice idea
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2014 12:31     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Maebh was interesting young character normally kids are awful actors but she was rather good and very adorable in her role. She really look like she was having fun without trying to hard she certainly has future in acting if she decides to persue it.

Pink finding out Clara was lying was sad as it does look like end of their relationship .
Author: bala    Time: 11-3-2014 08:51     Subject: 8x11 Dark Water

I am so glad we finally found out who she was .

That was a surprise but danny getting killed as she declared her feeling for him was sad and than thinking of blackmailing doctor into saving him but turning the dream patch on her was quick thinking and than telling her he will still help her was great but you knew something bad will happen and the fact that they somehow found Danny was great .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-6-2014 11:21     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

Danny getting run over was sad and the fact Clara had just told him she loved him made it a a double tragedy but you would of expected her to hear something considering the phone call was still going, trying to blackmail the doctor into bringing him back was understandable
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-6-2014 11:59     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

Missy being the Master was one of the things I had considered, but when she initially said she was an android, and the letters spelled Missy, it threw me off.  

I was actually surprised that Clara didn't just ask the Doctor for help rather than try and blackmail him.  I think I'll be ready for a new companion because she doesn't seem to gel with the new Doctor very well.  It's like she's forgotten that he's still the same man.  Yes, he has some different personality quirks, and he looks different, but the core of him is the same.  

I'm hoping they save Danny, and that Clara decides to stop travelling with the Doctor.  I'd hate it if Danny was really dead.  That would just be a downer.  Plus, since we've seen one of his progeny in the future, his dying would change the timeline, so I'm thinking that wherever the Master is, is some alternate timeline or something like that.  

Did anyone else notice that when they went outside, it looked like they were outside of Westminster Abbey, but the clock was on the opposite side that it should have been?  That's one of the reasons I think it's a different timeline.  I've not had a chance to check out any other sites that I usually do for things others picked up, so I'm curious if others had the same thought.

edit: From the season finale, I see it was St. Paul's Cathedral, not Westminster Abbey.  Not sure why I was mixing them up.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 11-8-2014 22:33 ]
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2014 09:34     Subject: 8x12 Death in Heaven

I needed some time to process this episode because it was most ridclous situation i have seen in a tv series that saying a lot from a person who has seen over 20 years worth of tv shows.

So let me just understand this the master decided to give the doctor an army of cybermen for him to control, as her master plan to defeat the doctor in the hopes he will become some sort evil mastermind .I don't know what to say because it was rather a stupid plan as it didn't work.

Don't get me wrong even through this sounds stupid it was very long term plan which would of worked in time but danny being able to have free will helped. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-13-2014 00:34     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

Clara trying to convince the Cybermen that she's the Doctor was interesting and having a woman doctor would make a change but giving Danny control of the Cybermen was sneaky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-27-2014 09:42     Subject: 8x13 Special: Last Christmas

You would think Santa Claus had been drinking to crash landing on Clara's roof but the fact it was all a vivid dream was a interesting explanation
Author: loribod    Time: 12-31-2014 19:38     Subject: 8x13 Special: Last Christmas

Where can we view this season's Christmas Special?  Thanks!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-31-2014 22:38     Subject: Reply 40#40 loribod's post

Unfortunately, the site does not carry the Doctor Who Christmas Specials.  Sorry.
Author: bala    Time: 1-1-2015 07:10     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

Most of the episode did seem like a dream
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-18-2015 15:31     Subject: Doctor Who: Earth Conquest – The World Tour

This was a nice special going around the world in twelve days and the welcome they got everywhere was awesome

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0