Board logo

Subject: Taxi Brooklyn Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-19-2014 06:12     Subject: Taxi Brooklyn Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Taxi Brooklyn Premiered on TF1 on April 14, 2014

Taxi: Brooklyn South, a 12-episode TF1 drama series set and filming in the U.S., has assembled a cast of familiar American TV names. Grey’s Anatomy alumna Chyler Leigh and Jacky Ido (Inglorious Basterds) are set as the leads in the project, based on Luc Besson’s Taxi feature franchise. Former Blue Bloods co-star Jennifer Esposito, Ally Walker (Profiler), James Colby (Body Of Proof), Bill Heck (Person Of Interest), Jose Zuniga and Raul Casso round out the cast of the series, written by Gary Scott Thompson (The Fast And The Furious) who serves as showrunner. Shooting started in New York last week without U.S. distribution locked in yet, something the producers from EuropaCorp and TF1 plan to pursue when they have a finished product in hand. Taxi: Brooklyn South centers on Caitlyn Sullivan (Leigh), a brilliant investigator at the Brooklyn Police Station whose stubborn character and her recklessness behind the wheel have made her an outcast within the NYPD. She teams with Marseille-born Leo Romba, a happy New York Taxi driver full of energy and care for his clients, to form the most improbable and efficient partnership to solve crimes and mysteries around Brooklyn. The first two episodes of the series are being directed by Olivier Megaton (Taken 2).

Source
Homepage
NBC

Discuss Anything About Taxi Brooklyn Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-19-2014 06:13

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-3-2014 16:43 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-26-2014 01:56     Subject: Interviews

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-26-2014 01:59

Taxi Brooklyn - Wild Ride (Episode Highlight)

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-11-2014 09:08 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-26-2014 08:58     Subject: 1x01 The Price for the Course

That was some impressive driving by the cabbie but handcuffing him while she chased the passenger was amusing but flirting with Cat was painful, Monica's joke about people dying to meet her was funny and Cat's mother hiding Leo in her bed was priceless

PS Chyler Leigh new look looked so different to her role as Lexie Grey

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-11-2014 10:44 ]
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2014 09:45     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Yes it was but we knew with his driving he must have done it before but she really has trust issues they could make a good team but he wouldn't make any money unless the police department pays him ?.

How can he be taxi driver when she will need him during the day ?
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-26-2014 11:40     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

I thought this was a fairly okay pilot especially for the summer.  I enjoyed the banter between the cabbie and det Sullivan.  Her mom was great too.  Hiding him in her bed was great!

I'm not sure either bala how the cabbie will make a stitch of money.  Unless he picks up with her in car.  Maybe the dept will part-time him or something. I look forward to figuring out.  

I really enjoyed the movie.  Hope this isn't too lame.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2014 11:51     Subject: Reply 7#7 arksongbird80's post

I assume she will pay him out her pocket
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-27-2014 01:36     Subject: Reply 7#7 arksongbird80's post

I just checked out the film this morning with Queen Latifah supped up taxi which was awesome but the robbers gave her a run for her money and the officers face while frisking Lt. Marta was priceless, using her old cycle crew to follow them was a nice touch
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-2-2014 21:39

Taxi Brooklyn - Undercover Blunder (Episode Highlight)  

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-11-2014 09:11 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-3-2014 00:47

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: bala    Time: 7-3-2014 06:38     Subject: 1x02 The Legacy

Well another average episode but Leo getting deported was a sad ending .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-3-2014 08:42

Taxi Brooklyn - Scene of the Crime (Preview)

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-11-2014 09:12 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2014 03:14     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

Cat's mother being in the back of the taxi when she called Leo was amusing and Leo being able to identify where the butt dialled phone call came from was impressive but Cat hallucinating was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2014 03:20

Taxi Brooklyn - Cracking the Culprit (Episode Highlight)
Taxi Brooklyn - Reluctant Witness (Preview)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2014 04:03     Subject: 1x03 Match women

Cat becoming Leo's sponsor to help his case with immigration was amusing especially as it could be five years and Leo being unable to save his holocaust friend from being abducted and murdered
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-17-2014 00:27

Taxi Brooklyn - Hello, Handsome! (Preview)
Taxi Brooklyn - The Missing Piece (Preview)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-23-2014 11:18

Taxi Brooklyn - Mystery Woman (Preview)
Taxi Brooklyn - Prisoner Breakout (Preview)
Author: bala    Time: 7-24-2014 07:15     Subject: 1x05 Ambush

What are the chances that they would literally see a daylight prison break when leo giving her a ride to her workplace
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2014 01:28

Taxi Brooklyn - Wanted Woman (Episode Highlight)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2014 05:46     Subject: 1x04 Precious Cargo

The 10 year old kid giving Cat a hard time was amusing but climbing out the toilet window did make it look like he was hiding something and Leo using the taxi's as their eye's and ears to find him was great as there are a lot more of them than the police, finding out what sort of foster family the kids were left with was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2014 05:51

Taxi Brooklyn - Being Watched (Preview)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2014 06:53     Subject: 1x05 Ambush

Of all the streets in Brooklyn to ambush a prison-transport van they had to do it in-front of Cat but one of the escapees being linked to the murder of Cat's father was pushing it a little to far and setting her mother up on a date with the Captain was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-31-2014 05:59

Taxi Brooklyn - We Meet Again (Episode Highlight)
Taxi Brooklyn - Undercover Lover (Preview)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-31-2014 09:03     Subject: 1x06 Love Hurts

Leo having to turn down a booty call to meet Cat was unfortunate timing but at leased this time he is being paid and the stalker's wife being murdered when she was suing Cat could make things awkward but Leo getting stabbed trying to rescue Cat from her stalker was a close call
Author: bala    Time: 7-31-2014 09:31     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

i did find refreshing it was women stalker instead of man normally have same gender stalker is very uncommon?,
Author: bala    Time: 8-14-2014 05:32     Subject: Deadline Brooklyn

I have to say this was one of the best episode so far this season , a actual episode which kept my focus usually i have this show playing in the background while i play some on-line games but this was first time where start of the episode really hooked me . Seriously you are telling your son all about this would certainly make him very worried .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-15-2014 02:25

Taxi Brooklyn - "Watch" and Learn (Episode Highlight)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-15-2014 02:50     Subject: 1x07 Black Widow

You just knew Cat was hinting at using Leo for the on-line profile and him going undercover as bait was amusing especially during breakfast with all the other guys in the house
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-15-2014 02:52

Taxi Brooklyn - Nice Catch (Episode Highlight)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-15-2014 07:16     Subject: 1x08 Deadline Brooklyn

Cat's reaction to the guy getting out of the dumpster was amusing as she thought he was dead and Leo believing that there's a zombie outbreak was priceless but in all fairness catching the egg was awesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-15-2014 07:17

Taxi Brooklyn - To Catch a Killer (Preview)
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2014 06:06     Subject: Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

I really liked that the episode showed ending first and than showed us what really happend to get to that situation but it was certainly a good catch.
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2014 06:08     Subject: 1x09 The Longest Night

Every time  Leo drops someone in cat family off he always seem find danger no matter where he is but what a complicated case of kidnapping of child and murder of his family .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-23-2014 06:14

Taxi Brooklyn - Waiting Game (Episode Highlight)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-25-2014 08:40     Subject: 1x09 Double Identity

Fernanda was lucky that Frankie cuts her trip short to walk the rest of the way through the park and a professional hit on the maid was surprising but the hit-man getting away from the hospital was crazy considering the police were watching her room
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-27-2014 22:09

Taxi Brooklyn - Looking for Revenge (Preview)
Taxi Brooklyn - Exit Strategy (Episode Highlight)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-30-2014 08:26     Subject: 1x10 The Longest Night

I thought the attempted rape outside the station was a little suspicious but what happened inside was a surprise as it looked like Cat searched him properly and discovering it was somebody in the station gave him the gun was sickening
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-7-2014 13:27

Taxi Brooklyn - Winning Combination (Episode Highlight)
Author: bala    Time: 9-18-2014 04:14     Subject: Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

This was one of the better episode so far in this series and figuring it out was great especially with blackout happening.
Author: bala    Time: 9-18-2014 04:15     Subject: 1x11 Frenchmen Can't Jump

The basketball game was a nice distraction but Cat getting closer to find out what her dad was up to.
Author: bala    Time: 9-18-2014 04:16     Subject: 1x12 Revenge

That was one hell of set up making it look cat killed him but if that wasn't bad enough cat dealing with her ex husband situation was ridclous
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-18-2014 06:51     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Poor Cat having her new car damaged over and over again but you just knew something was going to happen as Leo wouldn't be around as much and the fact only the last one was her fault was unbelievable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-18-2014 06:57

Taxi Brooklyn - Killer Confrontation (Episode Highlight)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-18-2014 08:41     Subject: Reply 42#42 bala's post

Gregg waking up next to the dead girl was surprising and you can understand with his scratches why they suspected him but while Cat was helping him she was being framed for murder which was a little predictable as his wife seen her following him

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0