Board logo

Subject: When Calls the Heart (Hallmark Channel) General Discussion (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2014 08:08     Subject: When Calls the Heart (Hallmark Channel) General Discussion (Spoilers)

When Calls the Heart Premieres on Hallmark Channel on January 11, 2014

When Calls the Heart tells the captivating story of Elizabeth Thatcher (Erin Krakow), a young teacher accustomed to her high society life, who receives her first classroom assignment in Coal Valley, a small coalmining town where life is simple, but often fraught with challenges. Lori Loughlin plays Abigail Stanton, a wife and mother whose husband, the foreman of the mine, along with a dozen other miners, has just been killed in an explosion. The newly widowed women find their faith is tested when they must go to work in the mines to keep a roof over their heads. Elizabeth charms most everyone in Coal Valley, except Constable Jack Thornton (Daniel Lissing) who believes Thatcher’s wealthy father has doomed the lawman’s career by insisting he be assigned in town to protect the shipping magnate’s daughter. Living in a 19th century coal town, Elizabeth will have to learn the ways of the frontier if she wishes to thrive in the rural west on her own.

The series is inspired by Janette Oke’s bestselling book series about the Canadian West, and reunites Oke with Executive Producer and Director, Michael Landon, Jr.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About When Calls the Heart Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-2-2014 17:45 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2014 08:08

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2014 03:58     Subject: 1x01 Lost And Found

Elizabeth screaming at the sight of the mouse was amusing as she was about to say she isn't afraid but offering a week trial was understandable, it's a good job Abigail had a sense of humour after the fire and Rachel explaining why they all ran at the sound of the horn was nice but finding out who the plank belonged to was great and the banter with Jack is priceless
Author: bala    Time: 1-14-2014 12:43     Subject: Hallmark Channel - When Calls the Heart 1002 Promo

Author: bala    Time: 1-18-2014 06:59     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well they did makes some changes from the film which is slightly annoying but this was nice first episode and getting punched in the face when trying break up a fight was amusing.
Author: bala    Time: 1-19-2014 07:20     Subject: 1x02

Wow widows going into coal mines so they could live was crazy and you just knew something bad was going to happen but false alarm with the gas was lucky but than having work undone by another collapse was sad . I really can't believe Elizabeth decided to join leading to all women going into mines help get the mines clear was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-20-2014 01:16     Subject: 1x02 Cease and Desist

The widows having no choice but to work in the mines where their husbands died was sad and Jack standing up for them about the mine safety was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-21-2014 12:33

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2014 22:30

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-27-2014 16:07

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2014 01:34

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2014 11:57     Subject: 1x03 A Telling Silence

The mute girl who's grieving for the loss of her dad was sad and going missing just as the horse and carriage went past did look suspicious but being scared of him she must of run away instead and the little girl getting her voice back was great
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2014 12:00     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yes it was a nice episode but i really hope that women wasn't responsible for burning down the church
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2014 12:14     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

With what was found in the shed it looks like she might be involved but she also looks so innocent so maybe she's being framed or even an accident by one of the children
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-4-2014 20:09

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-9-2014 15:45

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-11-2014 10:13     Subject: 1x04 Secrets and Lies

Cat becoming the suspect in the arson case was understandable after Jack discovered the cans of whale oil but Gabe warning him off was great and what a stroke of luck Jack could confirm her alibi and get back to save Elizabeth
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-11-2014 10:51     Subject: 1x05 The Dance

The women being pleased when the new miners come to town was interesting as they are eligible bachelors but looks like there is a thief amongst them
Author: bala    Time: 2-13-2014 04:03     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yes at first i thought one of her kids was responsible for the fire but glad it all got sorted
Author: bala    Time: 2-13-2014 04:04     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Well the fact there were single was great but obviously it takes time to get over their husband but getting snake to scare off the man was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-16-2014 10:49

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-21-2014 14:39     Subject: 1x06 These Games

It's obvious Jack has feelings for Elizabeth but bidding on her cake was going a little too far as it looked awful but at leased the money was for a good cause and Jack asking for help to trap the thief was interesting as it wasn't who he expected
Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2014 05:37     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

I have to say Jack was right he was up to something but trying trick him by saying she wasn't rich was smart because he waited until night to ride off but at least she knows now
Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2014 06:22     Subject: 1x07 Second Chances

Using Jack as a geniua pig for IQ test was amusing. and i had a feeling that the boy had dyslexia but i am not surprised his father had doubts that she could do anything. . Opening a cafe was good idea but it took a lot work to get it up running.
Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2014 12:57     Subject: Hallmark Channel - When Calls The Heart 1008 Promo

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-25-2014 12:37     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

Elizabeth choosing to clean out her closest rather than go to dinner with Jack was amusing and Abigail thinking about reopening the town's cafe was a big risk as she had to give up her home and live above, Jack giving Elizabeth her own test after she gave him one was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 3-2-2014 01:25     Subject: 1x08 Perils of the Soloists

Well Elizabeth panicking about doing a play was understandable but what Jack did in the painting was very amusing .
Nice storyline about kids father who lost a leg coming back wasn't easy but i can understand why he would want to runaway when he can't keep a job in his new condition
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-2-2014 23:46

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-8-2014 15:10     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

Considering nobody told Elizabeth about the annual Coal Valley's founder's day play I'm not surprised she was nervous as she only had a week to arrange and Jack's hidden talent's in sewing and painting made a nice surprise especially with the hidden image
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-9-2014 10:48

Author: bala    Time: 3-16-2014 11:50     Subject: 1x09 "Change of Heart"

What rotten timing for Jack to finally get his transfer just as he was about start a romance with Elizabeth. Her sister running stranger and falling to him consider he was hurt and had gun shot wound should made her suspicious but believe his story was sad.
Author: bala    Time: 3-16-2014 11:51     Subject: 1x10 "Love Comes First"

Well good conclusion to previous episode when the sister finally see the guys true colours and trust jack to save them using fake coats .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-16-2014 11:54

Author: mountie    Time: 3-17-2014 15:53     Subject: the suspense is killing me

what the hey is the upcoming episode preview insinuating? I thought they were trying to paint Jacks character as straight and ethical...he warned elizabeth against billy because he was a player, he told her he never had time for romance and courting, and he was thinking of her when he was off on his own so why the heck is their suddenly an actress who claims she is his fiance..is this a mistake? is she a crazy person? is this gonna be a cliff hanger? what if they don't renew the show? then we will never get to see them united akkk someone reassure me please
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-17-2014 18:14     Subject: Reply 34#34 mountie's post

I don't watch the show, but it's nice to see someone new excited about a show and posting.  Welcome to the forum.
Author: bala    Time: 3-18-2014 00:00     Subject: Reply 34#34 mountie's post

From what i understand he left her and decided to becoming a Mountie and she found him.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-23-2014 22:39

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-25-2014 11:00     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

About time Jack formally asked Elizabeth for a dinner date and Julie making a surprise visit was a nice but with Jack getting his transfer orders the timing was bad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-25-2014 11:31     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

Julie getting closer to Nathaniel when he's one of the Tolliver gang was bound to get complicated and Abigail doing some detective work was risky and at least she learnt more about Gowen's dangerous conduct but making her think her husband was involved was evil
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-25-2014 12:14     Subject: 1x11 Rules of Engagement

Jack's ex girlfriend turning up was interesting as she was going to try and win him back
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2014 08:46     Subject: Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

Well i trying figure why that actress look so familiar but what a way ruin jack and  Elizabeth and having a investigator look into mine disaster was a nice surprise to find out who is responsible.
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2014 09:38     Subject: Final Adieu

I have to say Rosemary is one hell of a stubborn women talk about a sore loser Jack picked Elisabeth over her she still decides stay in town just to make both of their lives hell . Just when i thought it was happy ending that pull this   
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2014 13:23     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Rosemary / Pascale Hutton plays Krista in Arctic Air
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2014 13:41     Subject: 1x12 Prelude To A Kiss

Gowen shifting the blame to Abigail's husband was predictable but also believable and Elizabeth staying because of the kids was amusing as they knew it was Jack she was staying for
Author: bala    Time: 4-6-2014 10:12     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

Thank you it was really annoying me why i couldn't place her face
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-7-2015 04:47

When Calls the Heart - Season 2 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-19-2015 13:45

WCTH Season 2 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-9-2015 13:25

When Calls the Heart - Season 2 Premieres Saturday, April 25th at 8/7c
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-11-2015 05:01

When Calls the Heart - Season 2 - Elizabeth Return Home
Author: bala    Time: 4-19-2015 00:36

When Calls the Heart Season 2 - Preview - One Final Confrontation
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2015 12:30

When Calls the Heart: Season 2 Preview - Heart and Soul
Author: bala    Time: 5-3-2015 05:01     Subject: 2x01 Trials Of the Heart

I am so glad they won the case and the town being renamed Hope valley was nice . Meeting Jack's brother was interesting as he seem to be a troublemaker and i have feeling that's not the last we see of him
Author: bala    Time: 5-3-2015 05:03     Subject: 2x02 Heart & Soul

A con man pretending priest was sad due to mistaken identity but real pastor came at the end it was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-19-2015 01:22

When Calls the Heart Season 2 Preview: Awakenings & Revelations
Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2015 06:52     Subject: 2x03 Heart’s Desire

This was extended episode which was a surprise as it felt like 2 episodes but it was about time she came back hope valley.
Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2015 06:53     Subject: 2x04 Awakenings & Revelations

Jack getting involved in finding out who been circulating fake money lead undercover operation which save other cop life. I am so awful with names .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-26-2015 07:45

When Calls the Heart Season 2 Preview: Heart & Home
Author: bala    Time: 5-31-2015 04:25     Subject: 2x05 Heart & Home

Going back to sort out Julie mess create a bit tension between Jack Elizabeth since we know Julie was responsible for accident and not Tom but letting him take the blame is unfortunate but introduce a love interest for Jack was amusing since she does seem to better connection than Elizabeth and i don't think they have nurses at hope valley so there some potential here.
Author: bala    Time: 5-31-2015 04:26

When Calls the Heart Season 2 Preview: Coming Together, Coming Apart
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-1-2015 03:58     Subject: Reply 58#58 bala's post

I can't quite figure out why Viola wants to stir the pot. Shes trying to separate Elizabeth and jack.  If she let it run it's course, it might fizzle out on it's own.  I'm glad the nurse is here.  She bring a different element to the story.  It's a shame the investigator in Hope Valley is crooked?!  I wanted him and Abigail to work out....Now I'm rooting for Abigail and the Preacher!
Author: bala    Time: 6-1-2015 04:07     Subject: Reply 60#60 arksongbird80's post

it worked it Elizabeth doubt his intention but seriously they are right she needs make a decision between them two
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-3-2015 16:46     Subject: Reply 61#61 bala's post

Is she is so easily swayed I wouldn't want her.  Jack has given her NO reason to not trust him and she get's her back up at the first opportunity.  Not kewl.
Author: bala    Time: 6-13-2015 10:15

This has been added to VIPTV SITE
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-14-2015 04:30     Subject: Reply 63#63 bala's post

I know I'm so happy!!!  great show.
Author: bala    Time: 6-14-2015 04:33     Subject: Reply 64#64 arksongbird80's post

They added quite a lot
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-14-2015 04:34     Subject: Finale

As much as I've loved the show the finale was boring and slow.  Loved that Rip ran to the mines so jack and Elizabeth had to run after.  Rosemarie was easily prodded into jealously by Lee and his faux girl.  Loved it!   

Seriously what else was Julie going to do.  They certainly weren't listening to her and Viola is a nosy busy body.  Get out of Elizabeths business.  Especially convincing Charles he should act. Lame.  Go home Charles!
Author: bala    Time: 6-27-2015 10:42     Subject: Reply 66#66 arksongbird80's post

This show has always been slow so i wasn't surprised but for such extended episode nothing much happens which was a shame but i agree just as Jack was getting courage to ask  Elizabeth TO MARRY her Charles get there before him ? - How the hell was that possible since it's almost a day's journey to hope valley?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 02:52     Subject: 2x01 Trials Of the Heart

Samantha was fighting an up hill battle being the prosecutor with the judge being friends with the defendant but what a turnaround after the surprise witness and the bribe, Elizabeth's family meeting, Jack was disappointing with them trying to set her up with the family friend
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 03:16     Subject: 2x02 Heart and Soul

The stranger being mistaken for the paster was an easy mistake after dropping the bibles and Bill Avery's wife turning up was a surprise but Elizabeth's sister and Jack's brother seeing each-other was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 04:12     Subject: 2x03 Hearts Desire

Abigail staying with Elizabeth's family was nice but Bill being their to help was unfortunate and Rosemary was lucky Jack came after her, Henry Gowen becoming Mayor after what happened at the mine was unbelievable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 05:09     Subject: 2x04 Awakenings and Revelations

I'm confused about what Bill's up-to as he looked like he handed over the counterfeit plates in the first place and Clara struggling with Luke flirting with her was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 05:33     Subject: 2x05 Heart and Home

The class discussing Elizabeth's love life was amusing and sods law Julie's first driving lesson with Tom would end up with them crashing, you just knew Viola would stir it after seeing Jack with the nurse
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 06:19     Subject: 2x06 Coming Together, Coming Apart

After Gowen lost the card game I was hopping he would disappear but sods law he would have something else up his sleeve
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 09:52     Subject: 2x07 With All My Heart

Abigail friendship with the new Pastor seems to be developing and Gowen playing dirty was predictable but Elizabeth and Jack in the coal mine was frustrating as the dog kept interrupting them, Rosemary getting jealous over Leland was amusing as it was his plan from the start and I can't believe he proposed just before Jack
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 11:19

When Calls the Heart - A New Year's Wish

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-6-2016 19:24 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 11:24     Subject: Special: New Year’s Wish

What a stroke of luck the kid stole from Abigail with his sister being sick but running away rather than go into care was understandable and the truth about Bill coming out was nice as he discovered who was behind the counterfeit money
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 11:27

When Calls the Heart - Season 3 Premiere
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2016 11:37     Subject: Reply 77#77 codebreaker's post

i am impressed you managed to catch up

You are slowly catch up on 1 show at a time
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 11:47     Subject: Reply 78#78 bala's post

It's turning out nice watching the episodes back to back
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 11:56     Subject: 3x01 Troubled Hearts

Elizabeth wanting to rent her own home was understandably but Jack wanting to build his own was surprising and you have to feel sorry for Abigail with Gowen trying to sell his half of the dinner but I hope Bill being her new partner don't ruin the business and looks like the pastors past is about to catch up with him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 11:58

A Time to Speak – When Calls the Heart
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2016 12:39     Subject: Reply 80#80 codebreaker's post

Look like they got work cut out with that kid Abigail is taking care off since she kind of let him do whatever he wants and Elizabeth think she needs set boundaries.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 12:40     Subject: 3x02 A Time to Speak

Finding out the truth about Frank was nice as he served his time and the wanted poster was an old one but the townsfolk turn on him was disappointing, Elizabeth taking the girls camping was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2016 12:42     Subject: 3x02 A Time to Speak

i am glad Abigail made him come back convince the town to give him another chance .

How did i know Elizabeth would tag along with Jack on the camping trip as soon as that girl asked why they couldn't go.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2016 12:42

Heart of a Hero - When Calls the Heart
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-7-2016 08:40     Subject: 3x03 Heart of a Hero

I know Rosemary was only trying to help but you have to feel sorry for Leland and nice to see the nurse who treated Tom again, you have to feel for Cody living with Abigail while his sister gets better
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2016 05:55

A Gentle Heart - When Calls the Heart
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2016 11:11     Subject: 3x04 A Gentle Heart

The new girl was a little mean to the whole class but finding out why was sad and looks like the nurse was going to have problems with her fiancée not wanting her to stay but I guessed she would stay
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2016 11:12

Forever in My Heart - When Calls the Heart
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-22-2016 13:01     Subject: 3x05 Forever in My Heart

Cody's sister coming back in a wheelchair was surprising and Abigail wanting to adopt the pair of them was nice but Rosemary getting her knickers in a twist over the film was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-29-2016 07:03     Subject: 3x06 Heartbreak

The children's aunt turning up out the blue was suspicious and you can understand why Abigail was worried for the children but doing what was best for them both was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-29-2016 07:04

Hearts in Question - When Calls the Heart
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2016 07:35     Subject: 3x07 Hearts in Question

Jack's mother and Elizabeth in the kitchen was amusing but you just knew her visit would make life difficult for Elizabeth and Rosemary planing her dream wedding was never going to be easy especially as they don't see eye to eye about children
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2016 07:36

Prayers From the Heart - When Calls the Heart
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2016 11:03     Subject: 3x08 Prayers from the Heart

I like how the whole town came together to help the landslide victims but Jack almost dying trying to save the little girl was surprising and finishing of the season with Rosemary wedding was nice
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-11-2016 11:29     Subject: Reply 95#95 codebreaker's post

I enjoyed that episode.  It was great and nice to see a town ban together.  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-26-2016 01:40

Preview - When Calls the Heart Christmas

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0