Board logo

Subject: BEWARE buying F$- money TAKEN from account with no points [Print This Page]

Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 12-21-2013 02:43     Subject: BEWARE buying F$- money TAKEN from account with no points

I tried twice (stupidly) to buy F$ through friend vista yesterday - my card was declined twice so I gave up. No F$ were added to my account. Today I log on to my internet banking and see that two payments of £6.30 ($10) have been taken from my account from a company in Beijing,  company INT'L 0071040682 - safe to say I do not normally purchase things from China apart from here.

Have been using this site for years and will no longer be. Can't see myself getting that money back!

You've been warned.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2013 03:20     Subject: Reply 1#1 sineadnoonan's post

There has been some changes to buying credit have you read this post from admin and if you still haven't received your credit in 24 hours send him a PM

SUPER Big Special Offer
Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 12-21-2013 06:32

I'll give that a go, thanks.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-21-2013 16:14     Subject: Reply 1#1 sineadnoonan's post

I deleted your other post with the same heading. It is not necessary to post the same thing more than once. I see Jim, aka codebreaker, has provided some useful information already. Be assured, you will receive any points you have paid for. The methods for purchasing F$ have changed, but our Administrator is the same, and does take care of any customer complaints.
Author: trulee    Time: 12-22-2013 05:30     Subject: Reply 1#1 sineadnoonan's post

Could you also make us aware when it has been resolved so that other members can be assured there has been nothing untoward happening. Thank you.
Author: lbjedward    Time: 12-26-2013 06:31

I am sorry for the issue and please send your order number (I-P-XXXXXX) to me by prviate message, I will check out for you.
Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 12-28-2013 05:27

I will update when it has been resolved.. Presumably the link to 'get F$' shouldn't still be on the site if the payment methods have changed. I'm not a seasoned forum user...!
Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 12-28-2013 05:30

Oh and no order number as card was 'declined'. I only have the reference number as per my initial thread. I have PMd lbjedward so will update on reply.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-28-2013 06:01     Subject: Reply 7#7 sineadnoonan's post

The link on the viptv site to the credit card gateway provider is still valid. It's just not quite as convenient as when Paypal was able to be used that way.
Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 12-28-2013 09:07

Ok, well it hasn't worked for me, my card was declined, so no order number other than the payment reference on my statement- payment was still taken and a week later I am still out of pocket. To me that isn't a 'valid' payment method, but I suppose it is possible I am the exception, not the rule. It's only $10 but still very annoying and it still hasn't been sorted. I keep checking as I want to watch something!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-28-2013 10:00     Subject: Reply 10#10 sineadnoonan's post

I'm a little confused because if your card was declined then how has the money been taken shouldn't that be an issue with the bank
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-28-2013 11:44     Subject: Reply 10#10 sineadnoonan's post

Have you sent a PM to our Administrator, lbjedward, as requested? He's the only one on our site who can assist you. Moderators can point you in the right direction, but we do not have access to your account on the viptv site.
Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 12-29-2013 09:40

Yeah I have emailed lbjedward as requested but no reply. Rang bank- they said the Chinese company has taken the money from my account and the 'declined' message must have been fraudulent/ a mistake.
Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 12-29-2013 09:43

Happy to screenshot bank statement although that shouldn't be necessary as I have posted the number as above. As I said, it's only about £6 so not a big deal- just very annoying as I have used this site fairly frequently since 2007/8ish with no problems ever, and I'm not happy to send more money to get more points. I would like to continue using the site, but again, not prepared to throw away any more money over it. I'll give it a few days for a reply from lbjedward. End of weekend now so won't be watching shows during the week but will try and check back in the week if I get a sec.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-29-2013 12:45     Subject: Reply 14#14 sineadnoonan's post

I'll send a PM to LBJ on your behalf to see if that will help expedite matters.
Author: bastien    Time: 12-29-2013 18:59

How do I contact administration. I think there is a problem with the new way you take cash. I liked it beytter the way it was before. I tried to contact the email address (service@PtsExchange.net) and it came back. 

Not impressed! 

Author: bastien    Time: 12-29-2013 19:10

Quote:
Originally posted by bastien at 12-30-2013 02:59 How do I contact administration. I think there is a problem with the new way you take cash. I liked it beytter the way it was before. I tried to contact the email address (service@PtsExchange.net) and ...

I went back and this was the order number. 

Order number:I-P-138837294397.02
Payment Amount:30 USD
You Get:

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-29-2013 21:32     Subject: Reply 17#17 bastien's post

You need to send a PM to lbjedward, our site administrator, with that information. The email you indicated your post was not one that belongs to this site, but rather the payment gateway, ptsexchange. In future, you may want to use the manner explained here to purchase F$. For now, please send a private message, from the link I provided, to lbjedward so he can look into the matter for you.
Author: bastien    Time: 12-30-2013 19:09

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 12-30-2013 05:32 You need to send a PM to lbjedward, our site administrator, with that information. The email you indicated your post was not one that belongs to this site, but rather the payment gateway, ptsexchange ...

After being a member for about 4-5 years I have never had issues, I did send a PM, with no response. Obviously this won't be dealt with. I have contacted my credit card company and cancelled any payment. 

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-30-2013 21:52     Subject: Reply 19#19 bastien's post

Quote:
Originally posted by bastien at 12-30-2013 22:09

After being a member for about 4-5 years I have never had issues, I did send a PM, with no response. Obviously this won't be dealt with. I have contacted my credit card company and cancelled any payment.

What do you mean, "obviously this won't be dealt with"? Of course it will. You are wise to cancel any payment you are not comfortable with, and I am very sorry you've had so much difficulty this time. As you say, you've been a member for a long time, so I'd think by now you'd know that our site admin takes such matters seriously. I've checked the tracking on the PM I sent him about your situation, and he's not opened it yet. The last time there was a delay like this, it was because he had been in an accident and unable to get to things in as timely a manner as usual. I'm not trying to make excuses, as there should be someone who can step in when LBJ isn't available for such things, but I hope this experience doesn't sour your whole opinion of the site. He is aware that some members have had issues with the payment gateway, which is why the "Special Offer" was put in place.
Author: misheck    Time: 1-1-2014 04:22     Subject: Payment issues

hi i have just made a purchase via the friendvista site and my F$ have not been credited to my account. The message came through that payment had gone but i am still to be credited or receive e-mail confirmation of transaction, although cash has been debited. I am not impressed and having read the threads above, i think you are becoming a bit complacent due to an increase in customer base, but if members start feeling that the payment method is becaming "dodgy" then you will have flight...Please resolve the query i sent and i can enjoy my show. regards
Author: lbjedward    Time: 1-1-2014 23:48     Subject: Reply 10#10 sineadnoonan's post

Hello, I am sorry for the issue and your 10F$ have been credited to your account. Please check out.
Author: lbjedward    Time: 1-1-2014 23:49     Subject: Reply 17#17 bastien's post

Hello, I am sorry that this payment was failed to get through, please check out your CC payment history.
Author: sineadnoonan    Time: 1-2-2014 04:12

All sorted for me now - thank you.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2014 04:26     Subject: Reply 24#24 sineadnoonan's post

That's good to hear
Author: misheck    Time: 1-2-2014 13:49     Subject: Payment Issues

i am still waiting to get my issue resolved. I am not getting any feedback either from the Live Customer support.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-2-2014 21:34     Subject: Reply 26#26 misheck's post

The Live Customer support doesn't work very well, which is why we instruct members to send a PM to lbjedward.
Author: lbjedward    Time: 1-2-2014 23:28     Subject: Reply 26#26 misheck's post

Hello, I am sorry for the issue, could you plese send a PM to me with your order number?
Author: jwebb    Time: 1-6-2014 09:00     Subject: can't pay..no paypal?

I have tried to pay via credit card.  I am from the USA and have had the bank unlock the card. Is there a way to pay via paypal as I have done that before?
Thanks

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2014 09:01     Subject: Reply 29#29 jwebb's post

SUPER Big Special Offer

http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 6191&extra=page%3D1
Author: Kenny5357    Time: 1-18-2014 15:15     Subject: Payment for F$

Hi I have been charged for 30F$ via my CC but still have no F$ on my account, the payment has been taken as it is showing on my statement. could you please advise

thanks

Kenny5357

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-18-2014 16:19     Subject: Reply 31#31 Kenny5357's post

You will need to send a PM to lbjedward. He is the only one able to look into it for you.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-19-2014 12:21     Subject: NOTICE

For anyone who has not seen the post, please follow the instructions here.
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-8-2014 21:15     Subject: F$ not yet in

Please explain why and how my F$ not yet in?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-8-2014 22:23     Subject: Reply 34#34 aldynool's post

If you had paid attention to where you made your other post (you can find that by clicking on your name, then on "my replies"), you would see I posted a reply earlier today here.
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-9-2014 00:55

Barb pay attention please, I asked when I will have my F$. Cas my money has been deducted by u
Thanks

Author: aldynool    Time: 2-9-2014 07:26

Will we get points in the end or it's all a fraud?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-9-2014 07:34     Subject: Reply 37#37 aldynool's post

You will get your credit at some time it's just the new payment method has had some teething problems and with lbjedward being absent has made it take longer than usual
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-9-2014 13:13     Subject: Reply 36#36 aldynool's post

If you actually read my reply in the other thread, you will have seen that it's a matter of waiting for Admin to check in and credit your account. I provided an explanation as to why things might be delayed. I see you've been a member since 2011, so I'd think you'd know by now that there is nothing fraudulent about the site.
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-9-2014 22:43

Yes, but I have never experienced it before. My only concern is, how long and will it happened again. We all like previous payment arrangements. Anyway I decided to just wait. As I have no other choices. Just wait.
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-12-2014 21:37

And by the way barb no matter what u say. It's not normal to take people's money and let them wait for weeks. So please do take care of what u say. Cas till now no F's. By the way Chinese New Year is over and it's time to work. Talk and write so much as if we asking for free F'$. Please make sure that this annoying type of situation will not happen anymore. !!! I am expecting F$ ASAP. I hope i made myself clear! [ Last edited by aldynool at 2-13-2014 08:32 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 2-13-2014 11:09     Subject: Reply 41#41 aldynool's post

I understand your frustration but there is no point in venting at Barb. All of the Moderators on the Forum (FriendVista) are volunteers. We have ZERO input the workings of VIPtv. That is soley managed by the owner of the site. We can merely help you as much as we can, but we having limitations. Barb was just trying to advise you why the owner/administrator of the site might not yet have replied. That's as much as we can do.

So whilst we do understand your frustration please understand that we are volunteering our time to try and answer all range of questions on this forum.

Thank you.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-13-2014 13:57     Subject: Reply 41#41 aldynool's post

Have you followed lbjedward's directions to send an email to: lbjedward@gmail.com? Also, are you sure you provided the information requested here? LBJ has said that some are providing their actual names or just their emails, rather than their usernames for the site. He needs the username in order to credit the account/s. If you haven't yet sent an email, I suggest you do so.

As for your rude comments to me - as Sinéad said, and as I already told you, neither I nor any other moderator have ANY authority re: the viptv site. I understand your frustration, but if you continue to violate site rules by being disrespectful to me, or any other member of the site, it could affect your ability to use the forum. For future reference, here is a link to the forum rules.

Author: aldynool    Time: 2-13-2014 21:52

Thank u for those who actually gave an actual info. Thanks  [ Last edited by aldynool at 2-14-2014 08:15 ]
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-13-2014 21:53

So far u asked me to wait,  [ Last edited by aldynool at 2-14-2014 08:12 ]
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-13-2014 21:56     Subject: Thank u to Shinny

Clear now, it makes more clear when u reply. Thanks [ Last edited by aldynool at 2-14-2014 08:13 ]
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-13-2014 21:58

Please credit points to my account thanks, I've send the info to bjed [ Last edited by aldynool at 2-14-2014 08:13 ]
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-13-2014 22:20     Subject: Reply 43#43 waterlilybarb's post

I send email with info and now just wait again.  [ Last edited by aldynool at 2-14-2014 08:14 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 2-14-2014 11:34

I've also sent a PM to lbjedward to ask him to resolve this asap. Not much else myself and Barb can do at this point but I've told him that you are extremely frustrated.
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-14-2014 18:28     Subject: Shinny thanks

Hi hi, please help. I have been waiting for a long time. And viptv is my fave. I hope I will have the points ASAP Thanks a lot
Author: aldynool    Time: 2-15-2014 18:48     Subject: Still no F$

I wrote a mail to lbjed till now no response and no points. It has been two weeks. So now I ask what's going on? I see money has been deducted and I can be ignored, how is that not a appropriation?
Author: shinny    Time: 2-16-2014 00:50     Subject: Reply 51#51 aldynool's post

He hasn't opened my PM yet so I'm guessing he hasn't been online since I sent it. I don't know what else to tell you in regards as to why it is taking so long, but know that it will be sorted. This is not usual, but we'll have to wait for lbjedward as he is the only one who can resolve this.
Author: lbjedward    Time: 2-17-2014 00:18     Subject: Reply 51#51 aldynool's post

Hello, I am sorry for the issue and your one payment went through and your F$ have been credited to your account, please check out.
Author: litchick    Time: 4-3-2014 10:07     Subject: No points credited to my account!

Same thing happened to me, except it was twenty dollars worth.

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-3-2014 10:12     Subject: Reply 54#54 litchick's post

As lbjedward hasn't been on the forum since the 24th March you need to send him a email to his gmail account

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0