Board logo

Subject: Paypal! not ptsExchange [Print This Page]

Author: Noverman    Time: 10-9-2013 09:45     Subject: Paypal! not ptsExchange

Hi, i logged in today to buy my F$ and it won't let me pay with paypal... Instead it takes me to some other site called ptsExchange and then on to a payment site called payworks. I don't want to pay via these sites and want to continue using paypal instead. Can anyone help please ? thanks.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2013 10:02     Subject: Reply 1#1 Noverman's post

Have you not thought about using Amazon Gift Card as payment, check out this link http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 6191&extra=page%3D1 [ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-1-2015 23:18 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-9-2013 12:43     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Thanks for posting that link Jim.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-9-2013 12:47     Subject: Reply 1#1 Noverman's post

I know how convenient Paypal is, but believe there was some kind of issue there with the way it used to be set up. See post #1 on the link codebreaker posted for instructions on how to pay using Paypal now. The Amazon gift card offer is really the best value since you get 50% more $F for your money. Amazon doesn't take Paypal, but you can use a prepaid credit card there. [ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 10-16-2013 15:16 ]
Author: mssweet    Time: 10-10-2013 18:46

ok - found the resend option and sent it to the correct address so please credit my account $F Sent E-mail gift card to: service@friendvista.com - To: - From: lisa sweet - Message: username mssweet - please convert points - Resend Request Date: October 10, 2013 Amount $30.00
Author: wohbomber1    Time: 10-16-2013 10:42     Subject: i purchased a amazon gift card

Hello got a quiestion to you , i have bought a giftcard on amoazones at what time do i get my F$ points here the text from my order: Sent E-mail gift card to: service@friendvista.com - To: - From: wohbomber1 UID: 283026 - Message: username wohbomber1 - please convert points - Resend Request Date: October 16, 2013 Amount $25.00 I hope it works .........! thank you ! yours wohbomber1
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-16-2013 11:56     Subject: Reply 6#6 wohbomber1's post

I think you need to post that in (Mod snip - removed url) this thread. I will make a post directing LBJ to your post here. edit: It appears that that link is dead, and the post has been replaced with this one. ~ Barb [ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 10-23-2013 16:33 ]
Author: hurricane9101    Time: 10-23-2013 12:57     Subject: i purchased amazon gift card: $12.00

Email sent to: service@friendvista.com; Time sent: 3:33 P.M. Central standard time; United states. please credit my account. Username: hurricane9101 Thanks! [ Last edited by hurricane9101 at 10-23-2013 21:01 ]
Author: banlron    Time: 10-28-2013 12:06

strange i normaly get my fs within 12 hours...*normaly a hell of a lot quicker*
Author: megscih    Time: 10-28-2013 23:38     Subject: F$

My amazon account was hacked after I bought the giftcard. Is this a scam?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2013 23:55     Subject: Reply 10#10 megscih's post

That's terrible but as you are the first and only one to report this and the site has been going for over six years it must just be a coincidence
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-29-2013 11:14     Subject: Reply 10#10 megscih's post

Quote:
Originally posted by megscih at 10-29-2013 02:38 My amazon account was hacked after I bought the giftcard. Is this a scam?
No, it's not a scam. As codebreaker said, you are the 1st person to report such an issue. When you give someone a giftcard, they do not have access to your log in information. I use Amazon all the time, and give & receive giftcards frequently, and have never had an issue. If you haven't already, change your Amazon account password to a stronger one.
Author: ladama    Time: 10-30-2013 04:03

I found Paypal very convienant as well but i have don't a first payment with my card and i wanted to find out how it would show on bank statement because i have something like this which i don't recognise if not i would it show coming out of my bank statement so i am aware PWK*WACTR SOFTWARE BEIJING
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-30-2013 14:21     Subject: Reply 13#13 ladama's post

Quote:
Originally posted by ladama at 10-30-2013 07:03 I found Paypal very convienant as well but i have don't a first payment with my card and i wanted to find out how it would show on bank statement because i have something like this which i don't recog ...
Please forgive me, but I want to make sure I understand your question. Have you already made a payment or are you wondering what it would look like on your bank statement if you make one in future? You do still have the option of using Paypal. The only difference is that rather than it being credited to your account right away, our Admin will do it manually. If you haven't made a payment yet, you may want to check out this thread for more information.
Author: ladama    Time: 10-31-2013 10:45

Yes I have already made a payment so i wanted to know what it would look like paying by card
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-31-2013 11:42     Subject: Reply 15#15 ladama's post

I can't say for certain, as I've never had any payments from the site made using ptsexchange.net, but I imagine it will be similar to what you posted above. You know the date and amount you paid, so look for that on your statement if it's not plainly stated. I would still either use Paypal or the Amazon gift card option for purchasing any points because they offer a better value.
Author: brandee    Time: 11-8-2013 12:02     Subject: once again......

on oct 30th I went to get f$ via paypal and was redirected to ptsexchange , inputted my info,and hit continue, then my pc said "you are about to send encripted information over an unsecure site, where 3rd partys may be able to access your information, would you like to continue?" (paraphrased) i declined, so as my credit card number could not fall into whoevers hands, then ptsexchange went back to the home screen. Figuring id go another route,and left it alone for now. Not only was my credit card charged,PWK*WACTR SOFTWARE INFORMBEIJING, i never recieved the f$. Not thats unusual as every month for the last 3, my f$ were never added until i opened a paypal dispute days after the money was taken off of my visa.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-8-2013 13:21     Subject: Reply 17#17 brandee's post

I am sorry you have had so much difficulty. You need to send a PM to lbjedward, our site Administrator to help deal with this issue. You do still have the option of using Paypal, but you won't get the automatic credit of the F$ into your account. Please see HERE for information about the new method of using Paypal. Amazon gift cards are another option, and are the best deal for members.[/url]
Author: jstoner6    Time: 12-27-2013 13:07     Subject: Credit my account

Hello, I have sent an Amazon gift card for $10.00 to service@friendvista.com. Please credit my account: jstoner6. Thank you!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-27-2013 13:28     Subject: Reply 19#19 jstoner6's post

I posted a quote of your post in this thread, just to make sure Admin sees it.
Author: jstoner6    Time: 12-29-2013 12:55     Subject: Amazon Gift Card Redeemed but no Points!

Hello, I sent an Amazon gift card and points were appropriately added to my account. Then, I received a note from FriendVista that the gift card was not valid and all my points were removed. I checked my Amazon account and the gift card was sent and redeemed by FriendVista. There must be a mistake as I have paid for this and had my points removed! I replied to your note with a copy/paste of the redeemed Amazon gift card. Please reinstate my points! jstoner6
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-29-2013 14:12     Subject: Reply 21#21 jstoner6's post

Please send a PM to lbjedward with your information & proof of purchase. He should be able to sort it out for you.
Author: jstoner6    Time: 12-29-2013 15:55     Subject: Note sent for VIPNET points

Hello -- I sent a note as you requested. Please note that I have sent also two notes from my mail box with proof of purchase as well. This is really frustrating as am a long-time customer and am disappointed with the customer service. I hope this is not a scam but feel am running in circles! I much preferred it when PayPal was an option. Account = jstoner6
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-29-2013 16:50     Subject: Reply 23#23 jstoner6's post

It is definitely not a scam. Paypal is still an option, it's just done differently now. THIS is the thread that explains how to use PP to purchase points now. As for contacting Admin, you are much more likely to get a quicker response by sending a PM to his inbox in the forum. He's located in China, so there will usually be a time delay, but LBJ makes a great deal of effort to assist customers.
Author: Narff    Time: 1-12-2014 10:18     Subject: Credit my Account

Hey just send a $20 Amazon gift card to service@friendvista.com at 7:17 pm (Danish time) Please credit my account: Narff Thank you!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-12-2014 10:27     Subject: Reply 25#25 Narff's post

According to admin's post you should have a confirmation message in 8 hours http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 6191&extra=page%3D1
Author: inro    Time: 1-14-2014 04:24     Subject: Which thread do we use for payment problems?

Payment Sent Payment sent over 24 hours ago. I would appreciate knowing what's causing the delay. Also good to know in future how long to expect to wait so can buy ahead allowing time for delay. I understood I should allow 8 hours, I've seen some moderators mention 12hours. Should I contact Amazon and find out if there are any problems? I have already PM'd LBJ Edward but no response. [ Last edited by inro at 1-14-2014 12:10 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2014 04:34     Subject: Reply 27#27 inro's post

lbjedward is the only one who can deal with payment problems so PM is the best way to get your problem to him and as he is normally on at leased once a day but you can use your PM tracking to see if he has opened your PM because if it's Bold it hasn't been opened
Author: inro    Time: 1-14-2014 04:43     Subject: Payment issues

Thanks Codebreaker. I did PM LBJ Edward, over 24 hours ago. The PM is still in bold under tracking, so my experience is noone is responding in over 24 hours except you. I've PM'd, posted in various forums because it's really not clear where you should post and have emailed customer 'live support' twice.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2014 04:49     Subject: Reply 29#29 inro's post

I've not seen him on this morning and his last post as far as I can tell was yesterday morning
Author: inro    Time: 1-14-2014 05:05     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Yes I checked that too. I'd like to suggest there is one place to post payment issues as really not sure where ... there are about 5 different threads on the topic. I'd also like to request clarity on processing time - if there is only one person who can process and he is not always able to access the website for whatever reason - either get a deputy or extend the delivery time from 8 hours to 48 hours. Or at least post to explain there may be an additional delay. I'll PM this to LBJ Edward and WaterLily Barb as forum moderator. [ Last edited by inro at 1-15-2014 11:22 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2014 05:10     Subject: Reply 31#31 inro's post

lbjedward post about the new payment offers is were I would think he would check first but I'm sure the moderators would also send him a link to problem posts
Author: inro    Time: 1-14-2014 05:32     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I've sent another Pm to lbjedward with some suggestions about the threads and managing member's expectations around pts processing times. In the meantime I'll wait for a response and for some pts! 48 hours later and no response or credit [ Last edited by inro at 1-15-2014 11:23 ]
Author: nicolead    Time: 1-15-2014 13:53     Subject: credit

Hello, I have sent an Amazon gift card for $20.00 to service@friendvista.com. Please credit my account: nicolead Thank you!
Author: maiteland    Time: 7-9-2014 09:18     Subject: Amazon Gift Card Sent

Hello, I just sent a 10 USD gift card to service@friendvista.com. Username is Maiteland Can you please credit my account! many thanks Maiteland
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-9-2014 09:27     Subject: Reply 35#35 maiteland's post

Why are you sending the gift card to service@friendvista.com instead of lbjedward@gmail.com like it says in his post below http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 6191&extra=page%3D1
Author: illintent14    Time: 10-23-2014 19:52     Subject: F$ Please convert points

Sent E-mail gift card to: service@friendvista.com - To: - From: Chris Smith - Message: username illintent14 - please convert points - Request Date: 11/23/2014 Amount $50.00
Author: illintent14    Time: 10-23-2014 19:58     Subject: F$ Please Convert Points

Okay I'm trying this again, this is becoming a real hassle.... Sent E-mail gift card to: lbjedward@gmail.com - To: - From: Chris Smith - Message: username illintent14 - please convert points - Request Date: 10/23/2014 Amount $50.00
Author: illintent14    Time: 10-23-2014 20:11     Subject: Got my F$ Already!!

Thank you! That was fast!!
Author: turiel    Time: 11-10-2014 11:25

Email gift card sent to lbjedward@gmail.com - username turiel
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-10-2014 11:31     Subject: Reply 40#40 turiel's post

I quoted your post in this thread, as that is the relevant thread for such information. I am closing this thread, as it is no longer relevant, seeing as our credit card gateway has been changed.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0