Board logo

Subject: Mako Mermaids (Netflix) General Discussion [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 8-7-2013 12:06     Subject: Mako Mermaids (Netflix) General Discussion

Mako: Island of Secrets, internationally released as Mako Mermaids, is an Australian television programme for children, pre-teens and teenagers. The show is a spin-off of H2O: Just Add Water.

Zac is a teenage boy who decides to camp on Mako Island, unaware that three mermaids, Sirena, Nixie and Lyla, who are guardians of the island, are watching him. That night, when the full moon rises, the boy comes into contact with the magic water of the Moon Pool. The following morning, Zac discovers that he has the ability to control and manipulate water. Later, after accidentally falling into the water, he finds that he has also become a merman with a fish-like tail. His new-found merman abilities will cause problems for the mermaids.

The three mermaids, curious about living on land and motivated to remove Zac's merman powers, venture onto the land and learn to live among humans.

Source

[ Last edited by bala at 8-7-2013 20:08 ]
Author: bala    Time: 8-7-2013 12:07     Subject: Mako Mermaids Full Trailer - Netflix - July 26

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-7-2013 15:49     Subject: 1x01 Outcasts

Trust the two boys deciding to camp out on Mako Island especially as it was the night of the full moon but the girls messing with their fishing lines was amusing and being a part-time merman after he accidentally fell into the Moon Pool was a novel twist
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-7-2013 16:05     Subject: 1x02 Getting Legs

Using Sirena's Moon Ring to gain legs was understandable but watching them walk for the first time was amusing and how predictable when Zac looses his tail he's clothed but the girls getting legs are naked
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-7-2013 16:28     Subject: 1x03 Meeting Rita

I'm not surprised the school's principle, Rita, became suspicious since the girls are not registered at the school but confiscating Sirena's moon ring without warning was surprising until they found out she's also a mermaid
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-7-2013 16:45     Subject: 1x04 Lyla Alone

Lyla attempting to turn Zac into merman was never going to be easy but getting trapped in the café's freezer as a mermaid did make changing back awkward
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-7-2013 17:01     Subject: 1x05 Blizzard

Snowing indoors after trying to change the weather using moon ring was a little predictable as every time they try it backfires but that rash after the snow did look nasty and the end was priceless when Rita got caught in the snow
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 01:29     Subject: 1x06 Dolphin Tale

The girls having no idea how to talk to the guys was amusing but David and his brother's new boat having a fish finder was unfortunate for Nixie after she went for a swim and nice work messing with the boat
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 01:44     Subject: 1x07 Zac's Pool Party

Evie deciding to throw Zac a surprise pool party was a bad idea and I'm not surprised Evie was starting to believes Zac's strange behaviour was the result of him seeing another girl
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 02:02     Subject: 1x08 Zac's Return to Mako

The girls believing that complete isolation from the moon will cure Zac of his powers was an interesting idea but the more time he spends with the girls Evie is going to get more suspicious and now the Zac has confided in the girls they should confide in him about them being mermaids
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 02:06

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 02:21     Subject: 1x09 The Siren

Sirena's enchanting voice backfiring was amusing as David fell for Nixie and not what they wanted but Zac using his powers to sneak into Rita's office and find the test answers was bound to have consequence
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 02:36     Subject: 1x10 Zac Returns to Mako

Lyla stealing Rita's Moon Ring could of had disastrous consequences
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 02:56     Subject: 1x11 I Don't Believe in Mermaids

Nixie giving Ben some bad advice when he refused to go sailing to the South Pacific with his parents was unfortunate as she was trying to do the right thing and showing him the truth was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 03:17     Subject: 1x12 Close Call

Sirena using shells and pearls she finds in the ocean in order to earn money was a great idea until she was almost spotted Zac
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 03:31     Subject: 1x13 Betrayal

Lyla being the only one who was desperate to prevent Zac from grabbing the trident was interesting as nobody knows what will happen and Evie has every right to think something is going on with Lyla and Zac but what a way for him to find out about them
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 04:55     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well it certainly makes this unique situation since i don't think there's has been  a merman in the H20 i am guessing this was only unexplored storyline i was thinking he was going turn into Neptune.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 05:26     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well it's really amazing what we human take for granted like crossing the road and girl being naked was amusing but consider they never had clothes apart from tops. In H20 girl always had clothes when transform back into human form. This is kids show so they have to be clothed.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 06:04     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well i knew she had to be a mermaid it gave away in trailer so i wasn't surprised but it's clear those girl need a mentor and i think whether she like it or not she will be theirs.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 06:29     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Not really a great plan but using Rita's coins to buy clothes was amusing .
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 07:04     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well they learnt what would happen when snow touched their skins
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:37     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yes i am not surprised they had no idea how to talk to boys because they are no boys from where they come from.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:39     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes she really has right to be suspicious but she is rather attractive but she look way older than a teenager she look like 22 year old women not a teenager. The pool party was just bad timing but i wonder if she she will ever find out his secret?. Why do i think she would turn into mermaid if this get a second season?.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:40     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yes they really should told him but i am guessing they don't want to freak him out about it. He just been introduced into this world a week ago.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:42     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yes but siren song was recycled storyline from the original series so i wasn't impressed how they used same idea but presented it differently.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:43

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-8-2013 10:36  
Lyla stealing Rita's Moon Ring could of had disastrous consequences
Yes it could of but they are still learning.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:44     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

This really was just a filler episode for next episode
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:44     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Good idea but glad they used her powers to hide themselves
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2013 11:46

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-8-2013 11:31  
Lyla being the only one who was desperate to prevent Zac from grabbing the trident was interesting as nobody knows what will happen and Evie has every right to think something is going on with Lyla an ...
This was mid-season finale and about time he found out about them but the look on girl's faces when he found out and tells them he going after the triad . Only 1 more month until next 13 episodes.
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 03:42     Subject: 1x14 Battlelines

Well Zack finding out his principle is a mermaid and trying blackmail her into giving him good grades but girl giving him a taste of his own medicine was priceless but i don't know why she didn't use her own powers to prevent water from coming near her ?. She's clearly more powerful than he is ?.
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 04:27     Subject: 1x15 Selena secret

Well ruin her audition because she was falling for a land boy but glad she got a second chance
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 04:50     Subject: 1x16 Truce

What a stupid thing allow him to film him in mermaid state but getting phone back was very challenging and Nixie damaging the phone was amusing. . What he said afterwards was rather sweet.
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 05:22     Subject: 1x 17 moon ring 2

Zac finding a moon ring and giving it to Eve created a problem because he had no idea what it was but carrying Rita into the sea was amusing.
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 05:48     Subject: 1x18 The Trident Job

Well he finally managed to get it but he really outsmart the girls
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 06:11     Subject: 1x19 Where on button

Well now Zac has to figure how turn it on but you just knew he would find a way thanks to the girls.
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 06:36     Subject: 1x20 Nowhere to hide

Zac is becoming power hungry and has no idea how dangerous that trident is i have feeling he is going to find out.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 08:29     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

Trust Zac after discovering Rita is also a mermaid and wants to use that to his advantage with his school grades but nice work with the girls showing him he has as much to loose if his secret comes out
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 08:51     Subject: 1x 21 Aquata Returns"

Well having choose between returning to the Pod or trying stop Zac with thhe trident but so glad she caught zac off guard and they finally found a good place to hide it but i have feeling that he will go searching for it again.
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 08:52     Subject: 1x22 "Evie Times Two

This was a nice filler episode but very amusing acting by Evie as the cat
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 08:53     Subject: 1x23 "Zac's Choice

Finally Zac see power of Tridant but glad he actually had conscience and help Lyla who was technically dead
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 08:55     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Nixie manipulating Sirena's voice during her singing audition was terrible as she was humiliated in public and Zac using the same powers on Carly was interesting but having to be there every time she sings would of been awkward
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 08:58     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Rita teaching them that trick for a different purpose was good but if she had too much power her windpipe would be crushed so they were extremely lucky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 09:04     Subject: Reply 42#42 bala's post

He was lucky considering he had no idea what he was doing because he only saw Nixie doing the same thing to Sirena's voice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 09:12     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

Zac only has himself to blame for allowing Cam to film him and all of them manoeuvring the phone across the floor was amusing but at leased the argument would take the heat of them being found in the toilet together
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 09:29     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

Zac giving the Moon Ring to Evie as a gift was nice but the fact he had no idea what it was could of been dangerous and in was obvious she was going to notice it was missing but nobody noticing them carrying Rita to the sea was ridiculous
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 09:39     Subject: Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

i love that scene with them carry her out
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 09:47     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

Zac using Cam as a decoy was clever but the fact he was running the wrong was should of been obvious
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 10:05     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

Trust Zac to see the cat come through the cat flap in the bookcase And I hope he destroys his house trying to figure out how it works
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 10:25     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

The trident coming to life every time the girls get close is going to make it hard for them to get close without being spotted
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 10:42     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

It was obvious Sirena would find it hard to leave the girls to go back with her sister, Aquata to the pod but at leased the trident is safe again for now
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 11:00     Subject: Reply 39#39 bala's post

Rita's cat Poseidon turning into a duplicate of Evie was amusing especially acting like a cat
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 11:18     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

It didn't take Zac long to find the trident again thanks to Cam's help and Lyla being knocked unconscious after the fight was unfortunate but at leased he did the right thing in the end
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 11:43     Subject: 1x24 Trust

Rita inviting Zac to join the magic lessons after saving Lyla was nice and the way Cam is behaving I can see him going after the trident instead but Cam earning Nixie's trust by keeping her secret safe was nice but has he got an ulterior motive
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 11:46     Subject: Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

Damn right he got ulterior motive but it shows he want the power .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 12:00     Subject: 1x25 Betrayed

Evie learning about Zac, the trident, and the girls is going to make things interesting
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 12:02     Subject: Reply 55#55 codebreaker's post

With one episode left not much can happen but about time she found out it been enough time for her to find out but seriously i couldn't believe how Nexie showed her the power.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-21-2013 12:18     Subject: 1x26 Decision Time

It was obvious Cam was going to betray Nixie but planning to become a merman himself was a novel twist as his his suppose to be helping them turn Zac back but the girls and Zac saving the day was a nice way to end the season
Author: bala    Time: 9-21-2013 12:59     Subject: Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

Well i liked that there was no clifhanger but disappointed Zac is still merman but at one point i actually thought Evie would turn into mermaid . That was i thought cliffhanger was going to be for first season glad to see i was mistaken.

We know season 2 has been commissioned  
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2014 23:56     Subject: MAKO MERMAIDS Season 2 Official Trailer

Of course there were going make her one
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2015 09:54

Mako Mermaids - Season 2 - Official Trailer
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-11-2015 18:02

its so weird this new series doesn't follow any of the old series cannon? Even the Island is different. If mermen are enemies of mermaids where do mermaids come from?
Author: bala    Time: 2-11-2015 23:35     Subject: Reply 61#61 gabsimom's post

it's a spin off
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 08:32     Subject: 2x01 The Seventh Cycle

The two new mermaids falling off their feet at the sight of the cat was amusing and so much for trying to not stand out with the exploding drink but Evie getting caught in the pool trying to save Zac was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 08:45     Subject: 2x02 Sticky Situation

Mimmi and Ondina were bound to try and turn Evie back from being a mermaid but they should of checked where she was first and Evie finding out she has powers so soon was surprising
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 08:53     Subject: Reply 63#63 codebreaker's post

Look like expanded cast added more characters and i am glad  Evie going to mermaid
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 09:03     Subject: 2x03 Discovery

Cam trying to look out for Evie was a little over the top and that was a close call for Ondina after that spell and with Erik going to the island
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 09:19     Subject: 2x04 A New Tail

I thought Erik's curiosity about what he seen was going to become a problem but Ondina changing in front of him was surprising and the fact he shown his tail was a bigger surprise
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 09:50     Subject: Reply 64#64 codebreaker's post

i thought it was funny when she took a shower not realising what would happen . That spell was bound cause problem and it does seem the show love putting mermaid  character in awkward situation
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 10:21     Subject: Reply 66#66 codebreaker's post

Look like there more Merman artefact lying around meko island but why do i suspect Erik will become a second merman ?
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 11:22     Subject: Reply 67#67 codebreaker's post

look like i was right about Erik but i suppose the intro ruin that surprised glad he was original not created
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 11:29     Subject: 2x05 Bad for Business

It's a good job Mimmi could talk to the whale and get them to show off for Evie's dad but Erik having a crush on Ondina was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 11:43     Subject: 2x06 Stormy Seas

Ondina trying to prove who's the better teacher with Sirena was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 11:57     Subject: 2x07 Awakening

Evie behaving strange because of the full moon was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 11:57     Subject: Reply 71#71 codebreaker's post

Yes him having a crush is predictable but i am glad we meet Evie's dad because we never seen her parent last season.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 12:11     Subject: 2x08 Land School

Mimmi getting stuck in the classroom was awkward as they had to pretend she was home schooled by the principle and I think Zac is right about not trusting Erik
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 12:22     Subject: Reply 72#72 codebreaker's post

Shame my version cut off first half of the episode so i had find another source . Cam lifeguard job became a bit difficult because Erik show him his merman tail .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 12:32     Subject: 2x09 Stowaway

Ondina being followed by the young mermaid was predictable and you just knew she would be a hand full but the boat thing was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 12:49     Subject: 2x10 Keeping the Secret

It was obvious Evie would go looking for her dads watch in the water and trying to convince David he didn't see a mermaid was bizarre as nobody believed him anyway but after the cameras they had to stop him
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 12:50     Subject: Reply 73#73 codebreaker's post

Seeing the moon effect on evie was great   

great acting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 13:03     Subject: 2x11 Only as Young as You Feel

Ondina tampering with Mimmi's body lotion had amusing side affects and with Rita also being affected was just bad timing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 13:18     Subject: 2x12 Supersized

Mimmi loosing her moon ring after using in to make the fish bigger was unfortunate but Zac having a vision was lucky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2015 13:53     Subject: 2x13 Reunion

Zac and Mimmi being related was a surprising twist but explaned them both having the same visions
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2015 02:55     Subject: Reply 75#75 codebreaker's post

Mimmi really can get into trouble when she by herself no wonder Ondina keep a close watch on her . Evie and teacher being stuck at school and Zac and Evie trying lift them up while invisible was amusing to watch
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2015 02:56     Subject: Reply 77#77 codebreaker's post

i knew she would follow her it was kind of obvious most of plot are so predictable
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2015 02:58     Subject: Reply 78#78 codebreaker's post

It was a close call i wasn't sure if he was going find out or not but seriously the amount of people who know is becoming quite a lot if you think about it
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2015 02:59     Subject: Reply 80#80 codebreaker's post

It great to see actor actually do some acting you really couldn't fake that
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2015 03:00     Subject: Reply 81#81 codebreaker's post

Look like there's some sort connection between them two i hope we find out what it is.
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2015 03:04     Subject: Reply 82#82 codebreaker's post

So we have to wait until July for next set of episodes but what a cliffhanger Zac being real merman but i am little disappointed that Erik has been underused so far he seem more of support character than evil character which is odd. I really thought they had a better purpose for him since he suppose experienced merman ?. Surely he would better powers?.

Zac treating her sister awful after find out when she was so excited and predictable girl banned from the pod
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 01:11     Subject: 2x14 A New Man

Zac becoming a brat after finding out he was real merman and the way he treated everyone was horrible but i am glad he finally found out how his parents found him on the beach . He really should be a nicer to his sister since she's going through the same thing.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 01:13     Subject: 2x15 Careful What You Wish For

When Cam comes into contact with water from the Moon Pool, he absorbs the water into his body and gains the ability to control water. The water also enhances Cam's swimming and earns him a shot in the school swim team trials but i glad it was just power the tail thing would been too much and when is he going realise that girl in the bar like him?.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 01:40     Subject: 2x16 First Date

Turning Eric into a cat on your first date was amusing but keep it a secret from Rita was amusing.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 02:10     Subject: 2x17 "The Merman Code

Cam figuring how to merman cave worked was great but Erik becoming trapped was predictable and Ondina telling Mimmi what Eric and her are a couple didn't go well when she found out he was missing but telling her right order was nice
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 03:01     Subject: 2x18 "The Siren

It wouldn't be a season without siren storyline but it was nice to see Sirena affected by it and not humans but she almost exposed being mermaids to David
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 03:30     Subject: 2x19 Surprise

This was a very amusing episode just when you think they couldn't come up with something crazy they do this Evie being stuck in fish tank was rather ridclous but it gave her a chance to see how much Zac loves her.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 03:56     Subject: 2x20 The Job

Nice to see other girls trying hand having a job but it certainly came with some challenges
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 04:25     Subject: 2x21 New Orders

They need the trident to activate the chamber but since it was destroyed in previous season the threat is over and girls are unbanished
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 05:05     Subject: 2x22 The Last Dance

So much for a happy ending Ondina is eager to return to the pod. Her excitement is short-lived, however, when Erik brings up the possibility that returning to the pod will mean she may never be able to see him again. So she decides to not come back to the Pod which seem stupid since you choosing a guy over you family ?. I would understand if they were married but she's only known him for a couple of months she's taking a big risk.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 05:28     Subject: 2x23 Stay or Go

Ordina is trying to make mimi ok with her decision stay on land rather than go to Pod but getting caught in difficult situation at sea park was unfortunately but you just knew they would make up with each other by the end of the episode.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 05:55     Subject: 2x24 "The Truth About Evie

I have never thought about what would happen if mermaid got a cold but that was some crazy sneezing but Carle finding out about mermaids as a result was bound to happen i just hope they don't make her one next season because every girl that finds out about mermaids get turned into one next season.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2015 06:23     Subject: 2x25 The Trident Stone

I have never really like Eric and again i  knew his obsession with marman cave would be his downfall . Like i said at start of the season he is trouble i was right.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0