Board logo

Subject: Orange is the New Black Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2013 00:27     Subject: Orange is the New Black Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Orange is the New Black Premiered on Netflix on July 11, 2013

Based on the memoir by Piper Kerman entitled "Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison," this Original Comedy from Jenji Kohan centers on a woman convicted of money laundering and drug trafficking. Starring Taylor Schilling, Kate Mulgrew, Jason Biggs.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Orange is the New Black Here

[ Last edited by shinny at 6-24-2016 17:57 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2013 00:27

Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2013 04:31     Subject: Episode 1

A very adult show it such a shame Piper actually trusted her girlfriend when she suggested she should come with her and all the flashback about her life before prison and her experience in prison were interesting.
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2013 05:56     Subject: Episode 2: Punch

Pissing off Red making piper stave was interesting punishment but who thought a back cream would solve her problem. I first thought Piper was reasonable for fridge but now i am not sure and look like Piper has a girlfriend whether she like it or not but she crazy
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2013 07:11     Subject: Episode 3: Lesb*** Request Denied

I can't believe she peed on the floor

So much for trying let her down gently

Nice back story on prisoner who had sex-change operation that was surprising and his wife was very understand i don't think many women would of stayed with their husband if they had operation
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2013 08:18     Subject: 1x01 I Wasn’t Ready

Piper surrendering herself to prison has to be a first but spread your cheeks and cough I thought was amusing but I'm surprised she managed to get a phone call and shampoo and you would think they would close the cubical door while having sex
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2013 08:43     Subject: Episode 4: Imaginary Enemies

So we find out Claudete backstory that guy deserves it for abuse one of her maid.

What that other women did with screwdriver was amusing

Piper being responsible was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2013 09:10     Subject: 1x02 Tit Punch

Not letting Piper eat was cruel but after the used tampon I'm surprised she would eat the cafeteria food and sods law they fixed the vending machine so it was out of order, trust Red to burst the breast implant and Alex not getting any food was fare as she was the who passed Piper cake
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2013 10:21     Subject: 1x03 Lesbian Request Denied

Piper's new love interest chasing away Alex was amusing as she has a hell of a temper but Piper was lucky that the lesbian request was denied
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2013 11:16     Subject: 1x04 Imaginary Enemies

I'm surprised they don't have a female officer for the frisk searches as its a woman's prison but having a grope was predictable and finding the screwdriver in her jacket was a surprise but I would suspect it was planted and using the screwdriver as a sex toy was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2013 06:06     Subject: 1x05 The Chickening

All that effort for a chicken but ending was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 06:09     Subject: 1x05 The Chickening

The girls making out in the chapel has to be wrong in so many ways but the cross bringing the roof down I found amusing and who would of thought Piper seeing the chicken was so significant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 07:01     Subject: 1x06 WAC Pack

Trying to identify the rude picture was interesting and the rapping was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 07:32

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 07:32     Subject: 1x07 Blood Donut

Coffee and doughnut's to keep the girls in-line was cheap and Piper having to turn in the phone to get the running track re-opened was interesting but I didn't think she would even consider it and him changing the deal because she wouldn't give up the name was disgusting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 07:34

Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2013 07:35     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Yes but she should of known better when he said she had no choice she didn't figure out he would just nominate her and now she made red angry even through she wasn't responsible .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 07:36

Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2013 08:36     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Are you getting feeling that warden has a crush on piper way he looked at her at end of the episode.
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 01:32     Subject: Moscow Mule

Well having all prisoner coming down with the flu was amusing but the fact one of them is pregnant and other one went into labour was interesting. Piper ex getting stuck in a dryer was amusing but there certainly worked out their issues that way but warden thinking it was some sort of arousal kinky thing was great.

So now he found out how Red get the drugs in thanks Red making Nicky mad causing her reveal red secret
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2013 04:42     Subject: 1x08 Moscow Mule

Using a statuary towels as a face-mask was a little creepy but impersonating Michael Jackson was amusing and locking Alex in the dryer while Piper went for batteries was priceless, I cant believe Alex said she was a dishwasher girl
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 05:10     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

She's very witty but i am glad they finally had a conversation with each other

I really hope Piper doesn't fall back in love with her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2013 05:19     Subject: 1x09 F*cksgiving

Who would of thought Piper's sexy dance moves would land her in solitary just when Larry was visiting for Thanksgiving and Alex kissing the snitch was great but you just knew they would get revenge and the guard pissing in the food was disgusting
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 05:58     Subject: Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

Well like i said he has a crush on her .

I bet she was glad he only did that when he was unzip his zipper
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2013 06:01     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

Yes it looked like he was going to rape her
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 06:32     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

That was one hell of an ending when Piper came back
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2013 06:35     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

And you was hopping they wouldn't get back together
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 06:46     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Yeah i was expecting it but at the same time i thought she would never forgive her consider it's her that got her in prison.

I am still trying to figure out whether that voice was real or just her imagination when she was in solitary.  i am guessing the latter.
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 10:23     Subject: Bora Bora Bora

What an episode, Piper giving Dana some advice about being in prison but to top it off with fake healer was priceless and what a great way for Alex to payback for what she did to her was amusing . The guard making it look like suicide was awful but Red asking Niki to take him out should be interesting. I am sure those teenager will never forget this experience.

In the flashback we saw how Piper meet Larry.

I can't believe Piper is still trying provoke Healy by hugging Alex . Seriously he's in charge she could use that to her advantage but instead making it harder on her. I do feel like Piper has really changed during this series.

Can't believe i had type comment twice stupid tab accidental closing while i typed this
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 10:26     Subject: Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix Before Season 1 Premieres

Netflix obviously has faith in (Orange Is the New Black,) having renewed the dramedy for a second season before Season 1 has even premiered.
Netflix confirms that (Orange) has been picked up for (another 13 episodes),
joining previous Netflix successes (Hemlock Grove,), (House of Cards) and (Lilyhammer,)
which have all been given ((second seasons.))

Netflix has also reportedly been exploring the possibility of more (Arrested Development,) despite previously downplaying the idea.

Source

[ Last edited by bala at 7-14-2013 18:28 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2013 10:39     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

tvrage had season 2 listed when I started this thread
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2013 10:54     Subject: Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

Well i can't believe they released all the episode at once no one has 13 hours to watch it in one day so glad we got watch 3 episode per day. Hopefully we will have last 3 tomorrow night.

I am glad all the episode are avaliable but it's just a way for them  people to sign up to their service if only people were as resourceful as us,

Next month this will be added to VIPTV net.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2013 11:00     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

Netflix for some reason release their shows in one go and as it's internet based you don't have to watch it in one night
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-15-2013 00:15     Subject: 1x10 Bora Bora Bora

The wizard of God was amusing and the inmates trying to scare the kids was interesting but the girl in the wheelchair was a handful, what a shame for Tricia and all thank to the guard
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-15-2013 14:17     Subject: 1x11 Tall Men with Feelings

I was hoping the girls watching Mendez pack Tricia's things away were going to teach him a lesson but setting him up for rape will do and Larry's interview was bound to ruffle a few feathers
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-16-2013 04:26     Subject: 1x12 Fool Me Once

Piper having to apologise for Larry's interview was predictable as Larry had to get the information from her and the girls coming together to set Mendez up was impressive but going to blame him for the pregnancy is bound to backfire and the story about mistaking the eight year old for a Dear because she was high was tragic
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-16-2013 05:32     Subject: 1x13 Can’t Fix Crazy

Piper negotiating with the convener to get approval to marry Larry was interesting but with the death threats and Larry visit to Alex's I'm not surprised her plans started to unravel but by God she can defend herself against the Angel of God, the Christmas pageant turned out OK after the horrendous auditions
Author: bala    Time: 7-17-2013 07:27     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Yes Larry interview certainly made Piper prison more challenging but setting up for rape certainly didn't work but you would think they figure out a way to film it ?. That prison must have over a dozen cameras.

Finally found some time finish off this series.
Author: bala    Time: 7-17-2013 08:44     Subject: Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

Well i am glad Larry actually came and talked to piper that was interesting choice he asked her .
Author: bala    Time: 7-17-2013 09:56     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Well now Piper going be in jail for more 1 year for murder on top of the drug charge so she just screwed so much for trying to forget her experience she really had no choice as it was self-defence?. No idea when season 2 will be done but it might be another year.

Larry made a mistake seeing Alex but he was right he shouldn't get married out of fear.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 00:17

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2014 10:39     Subject: Orange Is The New Black - Season 2 - Teaser

Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2014 08:28     Subject: Orange Is The New Black - Jungle Trailer - US

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-18-2014 16:16

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-4-2014 16:33 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-4-2014 19:37

Author: bala    Time: 6-6-2014 10:53     Subject: 2x01 Thirsty Bird”

Well this was interesting start to the season with Piper get transferred but bumping into Alex and taking her advice about lying backfired on her now she screwed . Piper childhood seeing her dad cheat on her mother and telling mother made her get grounded you can see the dilemma for her as a adult   .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-6-2014 21:38

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-6-2014 21:40

Author: bala    Time: 6-6-2014 23:01     Subject: 2x02 Looks Blue, Tastes Red

Well look like this season will focus background stories of the characters and Tasty background story was sad because she was such a smart little girl but being ignored by the system leading to her become friends with drug dealer was sad.
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 00:02     Subject: 2x03 Hugs Can Be Deceiving

V is certainly make herself at home but how she got that cake by trading for one pack of cigarettes was impressive and Piper is back with her friends but finding out Crazy eyes made it look like self defence saved her life   . I am not sure if we saw that in season 1 finale or not but flashback was a nice reminder.
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 01:09     Subject: 2x04 A Whole Other Hole

I really wish i didn't know what they were talking about but as a guy i don't think we need to know that much about female anatomy and it look Red discover another way to smuggle things into prison through the greenhouse
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 02:08     Subject: 2x05 Low Self Esteem City

Well having showers back up created a power struggle between the women and the warden having second thoughts about making sure he's doing his job was nice for a change. The bang bet is getting interesting but that long shot with female guard but her knowing Spanish was nice surprise .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 03:35     Subject: Reply 46#46 bala's post

I'm glad I re-watched the last episode first as I forgot how Piper defended herself at the end, Piper having an audience while having a pee on the plane was disturbing and training the cockroaches was crazy but Piper's flashback of the day she seen her father with another woman was interesting as her mother used the movie as an excuse to ground her
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 03:38     Subject: Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

I should of done that but i was checking every hour on internet for the first episode had wait 5pm to see the episode . i was tempted register netflix to watch the episode but i thought what was the hurry.

I am trying split the series up during the weekend

7 today
6 tomorrow

Nothing to watch this weekend
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 05:09     Subject: 2x06 You Also Have a Pizza

V and red going in direct competition with each other isn't going end well but it shows you things are going get interesting Piper thinking fast on her feet with newspaper story was impressive.

Not much of a valentines day but old lady escape prison was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 06:03     Subject: 2x07 Comic Sans

Well not much happened in this episode which is normal but old lady getting compasionate relase was sad since she had no one look after her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 06:17     Subject: Reply 49#49 bala's post

Taystee's having a foul mouth as a child was nasty but considering the company she kept growing she still turned out smart and her mock job interview was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 06:20     Subject: Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

Yes but than finding out prize wasn't a job after she left prison was sad . Now we know why they introduce V into the storyline she plays one hell of impact in her life .
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 07:36     Subject: 2x08 Appropriately Sized Pots

Well Piper getting  Furlough did look like special treatment consider no one else got it ever and it making her a target was predictable but finding out her grandmother died was sad because now she's got no reason but is forced to have 2 days out in real world
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 07:48     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

Suzanne hitting Piper after her fight was a surprising flashback but was a blessing in disguise as it made it look like a fair fight but her trying to get the packet of cigarettes was amusing and the way Vee was making herself at home was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 09:24     Subject: 2x09 40 OZ of Furlough

Well Piper having 2 days off prison was nice and see everyone at funeral and them all judging her was awful but her brother using funeral as a wedding day was unbelievable and some what shocking.

Will piper tell Red her shop is on sale ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 12:12     Subject: Reply 51#51 bala's post

I'm surprised Sophia needed to gives the women a lesson in the female anatomy and Morello being left in-charge of the minibus during the hospital visit was asking for trouble but she was lucky she got away with her detour, Nicky getting the new girl to go down on her just to shut her up was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 12:54     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

Gloria's boyfriend setting himself on fire was karma for the way he treated her but the fact he left the keys when he found the money was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 13:25     Subject: Reply 62#62 codebreaker's post

I can't believe she got away but that was a close call
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2014 13:26     Subject: Reply 63#63 codebreaker's post

Yes it was Karma
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 13:33     Subject: Reply 55#55 bala's post

I had a feeling when he asked her to see him sing there was a ulterior motive but I did feel sorry for him when she came with friends as he had reserved her a seat and Piper's so called news letter was a good cover story
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 14:04     Subject: Reply 56#56 bala's post

If stealing an ipad for the girls present wasn't bad enough you would of thought she would of deleted the owners personal photos
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 14:36     Subject: Reply 59#59 bala's post

Piper was bound to face a backlash over her special privilege to visit her grandmother but her passing away before she got chance to see her was tragic and Susan getting fired was a surprise, trying to rob a bank solo was a bad idea
Author: bala    Time: 6-8-2014 05:45     Subject: 2x10 Little Mustachioed Shit

Finding out what Piper did on her Furlough continued through flashback but the fact that she keep coming back Alex is starting to get annoying.
Author: bala    Time: 6-8-2014 05:46     Subject: 2x11 Take a Break from Your Values

This was the Sister's background story but Piper going be transferred was bad news because she hates it in the first episode being in that prison so it will be interesting to see what happens.
Author: bala    Time: 6-8-2014 05:47     Subject: 2x12 It Was the Change

We learn a little bit about Vee but i can't believe after Truce with Red had with Vee, she decided take Red out was a great cliffhanger.

[ Last edited by bala at 6-8-2014 13:57 ]
Author: bala    Time: 6-8-2014 05:56     Subject: 2x13 We Have Manners. We're Polite.

Well this was an extended episode (90 minutes) which was great because i was very happy at end so much happens i don't ruin it but Vee got what she deserved i thought it was going look like an accident but the fact she got run over  was priceless it couldn't happened to a better person.

Piper making deal to stop her transfer was great and Caputo getting a blow job from  Figueroa was amusing it ain't often when you tell someone suck your d**k they would actually do it . The fact he already gave documents to warden was damn funny.

Now i am sad because no more episode of this show to watch

[ Last edited by bala at 6-8-2014 13:58 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-8-2014 09:01     Subject: Reply 72#72 bala's post

This season has been popular as it's had over a 1,000 views in two days
Author: bala    Time: 6-8-2014 09:11     Subject: Reply 73#73 codebreaker's post

Not everyone has Netflix subscription
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-8-2014 23:35     Subject: Reply 61#61 bala's post

Piper having a body search before leaving prison was uncalled for and what bad timing for Larry to tell Piper he slept with someone else but turning the funeral into a wedding was inappropriate
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 00:18     Subject: Reply 69#69 bala's post

The guards suddenly backing off from the contraband haul was amusing as they thought it was smuggled internally and Piper stamping on the poo in the bag was amusing, I cant wait for someone to take Vee down and Pornstache getting arrested was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 01:14     Subject: Reply 70#70 bala's post

Piper being told about her transfer was a surprise and the old lady doing the stabbing was shocking but should be interesting to see what Vee does next
Author: bala    Time: 6-9-2014 01:19     Subject: Reply 77#77 codebreaker's post

Well Red won't be happy with that but it shows you never underestimate old prisoners wait till you see what they did with kitchen staff to get Red stuff back from the kitchen that was funny.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 02:00     Subject: Reply 71#71 bala's post

I had a felling Red not killing Vee when she had the chance would regret it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 02:56     Subject: Reply 72#72 bala's post

If Natalie catching her husband kissing a guy wasn't bad enough and then giving Joe a blow job was unbelievable but the fact he joked about sucking it was funny, Vee letting Crazy Eyes take the fall for Red's attack was evil but God working in mysterious ways was karma with one escaped convict killing the other in the hit and run
Author: bala    Time: 6-9-2014 03:23     Subject: Reply 80#80 codebreaker's post

She purposely hit her it wasn't an accident
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 03:27     Subject: Reply 81#81 bala's post

Who said it was a accident
Author: bala    Time: 6-9-2014 04:04     Subject: Reply 82#82 codebreaker's post

you said  God working in mysterious ways was karma i took that as meaning you thought it was an accident
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 07:07     Subject: Reply 83#83 bala's post

I always look at it as if someone evil dies then God is taking out the weeds which unfortunately doesn't happen very often as he seems to prefer taking the flowers as in good people first
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-16-2014 10:57

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-20-2014 04:08 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-25-2014 01:51

Orange Is The New Black – Holidays At Litchfield – Netflix
Orange Is The New Black – Holidays At Litchfield: The Extended Version – Netflix
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-14-2015 03:06

Orange is the New Black - Stop Don't Talk To Me - Netflix
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2015 08:08

Orange Is The New Black - Season 3 - Official Trailer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-15-2015 09:39

Orange is the New Black - Season 3 - First Look
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-19-2015 01:29

Orange Is the New Black - Series Trailer
Orange is the New Black - Two Lies and a Truth - Alex
Orange is the New Black - Two Lies and a Truth - Red
Author: bala    Time: 6-9-2015 07:32

Orange Is The New Black - Season 3
Author: bala    Time: 6-12-2015 08:34     Subject: 3x01 Mother's Day

Nice returning episode the inmate get to see their children for mothers day which was nice but it lead to some unpleasant memories for some of the inmate and Piper finding out Alex is back was nice. I just hope piper learnt from her mistake with Alex last time.
Author: bala    Time: 6-12-2015 09:47     Subject: 3x02 Bed Bugs and Beyond

As you tell from title they got bedbug but finding out the prison will closed in 2 month was sad as he had no idea and i don't know how they solve this by the end if all of them will be moving other prisons?.
Author: bala    Time: 6-12-2015 11:05     Subject: 3x03 Empathy Is a Boner Killer

Look like chapman and Alex managed to work out their difference in an amusing way which ruin there romance.

Red helping the warden with his wife was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 6-12-2015 12:20     Subject: 3X04 Finger in the Dyke

Look like he solved the shut down problem who would thought it would work considering all the problem they pointed about about women which were rather offensive if you are a women.
Author: bala    Time: 6-13-2015 01:23     Subject: 3x05 Fake It Till You Fake It Some More

Let me understand this selling fake drugs leading someone to think they are hi who jumps off a building cause her to go jail is surprising. Just because they thought there were on drugs and did stupid you can be arrested for it. i admit it was bad judgement but jail time seem a bit harsh .

Finding out test was random selecting people just make them feel better about themselves is sad.
Author: bala    Time: 6-13-2015 02:29     Subject: 3x06 Ching Chong Chang

I really hope viptv version will have subtitle because early version didn't

Red is back in kitchen should be interesting
Author: bala    Time: 6-13-2015 03:33     Subject: 3x07 Tongue- Tied

Red get in charge of kitchen but than finds new system ready made food is being made instead of fresh made products.
Author: bala    Time: 6-13-2015 04:37     Subject: 3x08 Fear, and Other Smells

Piper enterprise is almost up and running and it look like Alex was right to be concerned about that inmate she keeping track of her. The new guards are hopeless allowing inmate to tell them how to do their job is ridclous. New management team look lie only interested bottom-line and not care much about inmates.
Author: bala    Time: 6-13-2015 05:35     Subject: 3x09 Where My Dreidel At

I am slowing losing interest in characters back story last couple have been rather boring since there were minor characters.

Alex spying on her suspions of  that inmate were right she know she's watching her and know when she will attack her  

Piper share a kiss with new inmate certainly cause few problems.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0