Board logo

Subject: The Blacklist Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-4-2013 00:24     Subject: The Blacklist Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Blacklist Premieres on NBC on September 23, 2013

The Blacklist follows Raymond "Red" Reddington (James Spader), one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives, as he joins with the FBI, claiming that they can work with one another. When he agrees to cooperate in bringing down dangerous criminals and terrorists, he tells them that he will only speak with Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone), a rookie FBI profiler.

As they work together, Keen questions Reddington's motives and Reddington simply feels she is very special. When one terrorist is taken down, Reddington informs them that it is only the beginning. Reddington gives the FBI access to "The Blacklist", a list with known terrorists and criminals the world doesn't know about. With Reddington's help, they work together to eradicate the list.

Created by Jon Bokenkamp, the series also stars: Harry Lennix as FBI Assistant Director Harold Cooper, Diego Klattenhoff as Donald Ressler, Ryan Eggold as Tom Keen, Ilfenesh Hadera as Jennifer Palmer

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Blacklist Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 9-4-2015 20:02 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-4-2013 00:24

Author: bala    Time: 7-18-2013 22:54     Subject: The Blacklist panel SDCC 2013

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-26-2013 12:44

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-7-2013 03:53 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-18-2013 01:42

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2013 20:40

Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2013 03:47     Subject: Pilot

This could of been an excellent pilot but instead it was just a good pilot.

What a way to start your first day as FBI profiler and she really was quite good at handling the situation. We have no idea why he is interested in her but the fact they keep repeating in the episode that her father was criminal would make you question whether he is in fact her father ?.

So what didn't i like about this pilot well   Elizabeth finding out her boyfriend isn't who she think he is was what i didn't like about this episode i feel the show has enough twist with Reddington do they really have to put a twist on her love life ?. Seriously what really annoyed me about this show. For me the purpose of his character is provide a look at   Elizabeth life when she isn't working. He is suppose to provide background to her character development and now they just made him into bad guy just to make the series interesting .
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-24-2013 08:01     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

maybe I misunderstood, but I actually thought it was confirmed somewhere in the episode, while he was still in the box and she was sitting close to him.
Especially since he afterwards says 'you may find it easier then you think' when refering to thinking as a criminal.
The husband being a spy or a crook, I didn't see it coming, but it does explain why Reddington had the other guy go after him and I guess he actually meant for it to happen this way as he seems to have planned everything in advance. I think they'll use this to show how she tries to deal with it as he is still her husband and on a ventilator so she can't ask him about it. I don't think he's out of the picture yet, they just made it more interesting.
Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2013 08:19     Subject: Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

No it was not confirmed think about it why would she stab him in neck if she think he's her father ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2013 11:46     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

Elizabeth starting her first day as a FBI profiler was different but getting a lift to work was amusing as she was late and you would of thought if that was a real chemical spillage on the bridge they should of been told so being fooled by it was a little disappointing
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-25-2013 14:31     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

Well, cause he walked out on her and her mom a long time ago and he was never around and she blames him for that. But I agree after watching the promo for the next episode that it wasn't confirmed. But I'm still pretty sure he is.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-27-2013 00:50

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-30-2013 20:34

Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2013 08:06     Subject: No. 216: The Freelancer

Well this wasn't a great episode after such a strong first episode i was left rather disappointed with this episode mainly because i saw twist coming as soon as she said her shipment was missing i realise she was the bad guy and Raymond wanted to expose her but you got admit his form of justice rather great.

So we know there are at at least 216 people on his list which means 8 season worth of bad guys however i have feeling we wont get that far.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-1-2013 15:45     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

The figurine on the box, does it look like her burn to you? I keep wondering if it is a 'present' from him to her with her burn as some kind of key, but maybe I watched to many movies..
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-3-2013 10:21     Subject: 1x02 The Freelancer

Who would of thought Floriana was so evil and hitting the so called Freelancer with the taxi was a one in a million chance
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2013 00:36     Subject: NBC Orders a Full Season of The Blacklist

Get ready for nine more episodes of James Spader... hanging... onto... pauses... for dramatic effect! NBC has ordered a full season of The Blacklist, which means the FBI thriller is guaranteed at least a 22-episode run. The FBI thriller has emerged as NBC's big hit of the young fall season.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2013 21:45

Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2013 08:52     Subject: 1x03 Wujing

After two fantastic episode this one was rather average but i like the way she did home-version of ballistic test
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2013 06:56     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

Talk about a close call bugging their home and Liz posing as an FBI cryptographer was one hell of a risk as she had no idea what to do without outside help but having to watch an innocent man get beaten and killed to save themselves was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-14-2013 20:34

Author: bala    Time: 10-15-2013 09:10     Subject: The Stewmaker

Well another ok episode but getting killed the same way he got rid 1000's bodies was amusing but kidnapping a live victim certain posed a challenge .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-16-2013 02:17     Subject: 1x04 The Stewmaker

Liz being warned she was going to have a bad day in court should of given her a head start but still loosing the witness was careless and Liz getting kidnapped with so much armed protection was a surprise, the Stew-maker dying in his own chemical was karma
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-21-2013 20:40

Author: bala    Time: 10-22-2013 07:37     Subject: The Courier

Well i am not surprise she having nightmares about her boyfriend but i can't wait to see next episode so he's a soviet spy ?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-23-2013 02:19     Subject: 1x05 The Courier

Liz must be sleeping with one eye open after having nightmares about her husband and the Courier hiding a razor blade and knife under his skin was creepy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2013 21:53

Author: bala    Time: 10-29-2013 08:04     Subject: Gina Zanetakos

What a red herring with the boyfriend after all that built up we find out it was all a set up .

Wow Gina was one hell of a fighter the way she took down an FBI agent in the lift and than escape was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-29-2013 08:21     Subject: 1x06 Gina Zanetakos

Tom confronting Liz about the box was a surprising twist as it turned out to be one hell of a frame job and Donald getting jumped in the lift by Gina must of been embarrassing and why didn't they just drop the car in the water from the crane
Author: bala    Time: 10-29-2013 08:36     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

It was expensive car  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-29-2013 08:42     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

What's that got to do with it, the plan was to put the bomb in the water so why put in on the dock to drive into the water when they could of craned it straight into the water
Author: bala    Time: 10-29-2013 08:49     Subject: Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

Wasn't car already on the docks they didn't know how much time until it was going to explodes so drive it off seem to be most obvious thing to do.

It would take time to put all crane wires on the car to dump ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-29-2013 08:53     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

The car was on the ship but there wasn't enough time to defuse so they decided the fallout would be less in the water so they craned it off the ship
Author: bala    Time: 11-5-2013 08:47     Subject: Frederick Barnes

I have to say having dr wilson from house playing the bad guy was certainly interesting and that poor teenager talking to him than than getting killed by his suitcase. All because he wanted to find a cure for his son   . Blow up a house was odd way to end the episode i actually thought he was going move in next door to Elizabeth neighbour hood was the reason why he bought the house
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-6-2013 10:45     Subject: 1x07 Frederick Barnes

As soon as Frederick Barnes put the case on the floor I knew something was suspicious but I was expecting a bomb and his polite conversation with the girl on the train made him look normal not a cold blooded killer and to make thing's worse he was willing to kill all those people just to find a cure for his son
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-11-2013 20:46

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-11-2013 20:46

Author: bala    Time: 11-12-2013 06:15     Subject: General Ludd

Another reasonable episode i wish i could say more it was an average episode but to repeat similar explosion from a previous episode was amusing . I have to say Red killing her father was either kindness or being bad.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-15-2013 08:08     Subject: 1x08 General Ludd

Sam must of known what was coming as Red allowed him one last call and the fact he didn't want him to tell Elizabeth the truth made it inevitable, bring that plane down just for an elaborate hoist was unbelievable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 23:18

Author: bala    Time: 12-4-2013 10:49     Subject: Anslo Garrick

This is 2 episode review and i have say this was great mid-season breaking episode as it set up second part more nicely and so many questions and now FBI knows Reddington has alternative motivation and they need him to find out who been spying on them .

Anslo Garrick was one hell of an expert breaking into a black site and take it over in matter of minutes was priceless but damn Red was smart to get into his cage but damn Elizabeth making him surrender.

She is a huge liability for Red and it will be his downfall but warning about her husband suggest they more to him   . It's clear he working with other team who have been spying on FBI . He mission seem to get close to Elizabeth and he passed black site interview was impressive. So he must be really good
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-9-2013 04:19     Subject: 1x09 Anslo Garrick (1)

Anslo made it look too easy to break in the secure site and Liz getting caught in the elevator made thing interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-9-2013 05:36     Subject: 1x10 Anslo Garrick (2)

Red coming out the box to save Elizabeth was predictable but you also knew it would make her a target, the mystery assault team was impressive and Red taking out Anslo after all that torture was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2013 09:38

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-12-2014 01:32 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2014 20:37

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2014 14:43     Subject: 1x11 The Good Samaritan Killer

What was Karen thinking when she took the drink off a stranger but finding out all his victims were abusers was an interesting twist but Elizabeth warning the last victim was great
Author: bala    Time: 1-15-2014 04:15     Subject: Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

Yes but making his mother watch while he does it was understandable considering what she did to him but i don't think she ever thought he would turn out like that
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-20-2014 21:10

Author: bala    Time: 1-21-2014 09:44     Subject: The Alchemist

Great episode that was last person i suspected to be the mole and look like Elizabeth boyfriend has an eye on someone else i don't blame him she really can't expect him wait all the time while she cancel dates with him .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2014 04:35     Subject: 1x12 The Alchemist

Eric / The Alchemist altering DNA was impressive but cleaning up his mess after the plane crash was understandable and walking into the station to kill was a bold move but what a sick idiot bargaining with his daughters life for immunity
Author: bala    Time: 1-28-2014 10:12     Subject: The Cyprus Agency

Poor  Elizabeth  Red ruins her adoption plan with this case .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2014 13:04     Subject: 1x13 The Cyprus Agency

What a way to run an illegal adoption agency by kidnapping the women to run a baby breading clinic
Author: bala    Time: 1-29-2014 13:09     Subject: Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

Well i have to say it was very profitable business but how unlucky one of them escaped because she was killed.

You kind of have to feel sorry boss because he got rejected as foster kids so he decided to make perfect kids for adoption .

This could of easily become legal adoption by simply getting their consent  instead of kidnapping them .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2014 13:15     Subject: Reply 53#53 bala's post

So because he was rejected as a kid it's OK for him to kidnapped women to bread his offspring's and the one escaping was unlucky but at-leased with her dying they were able to save over twenty pregnant ladies
Author: bala    Time: 1-29-2014 13:36     Subject: Reply 54#54 codebreaker's post

That was good thing they could save them

No it's not ok but you can understand it from his POV even through i don't agree with it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-24-2014 23:36

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-24-2014 23:36

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-1-2014 12:12     Subject: 1x14 Madeline Pratt

As soon as Madeline turned up at the Syrian Embassy they should of known Elizabeth was walking into a trap but trust Red to have a backup plan
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-3-2014 22:31

Author: bala    Time: 3-4-2014 09:33     Subject: The Judge

Well i have to say branding your sense of justice was horrible keep a person prisoner for 8 years but Red helping to capture the judge was great . Look like they more to him than we thought i never suspect her to be the contact
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-12-2014 02:28     Subject: 1x15 The Judge

Turning up after being missing for 12 years must of been a surprise for his wife and the underground judge Ruth Kipling getting justice for the so called innocent was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-17-2014 23:19

Author: bala    Time: 3-18-2014 12:42     Subject: Mako Tanida

It was great to see Jobs from banshee guest star in this episode but his accent was rather impressive doing foreign accent . Look like Tom is one hell of a fighter and killer i mean get rid both of those people was impressive . Even bad guy warned her he was going to kill her and she still left that message was ridiculous.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-24-2014 22:24

Author: bala    Time: 3-27-2014 07:52     Subject: Ivan

Well finding out someone was pretending to be Ivan was interesting and what a cliffhanger seeing that toy her husband bought her in that place.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 02:57     Subject: 1x16 Mako Tanida

After Mako killed Audrey I'm not surprised Donald wanted revenge and Tom is one cold blooded killer but Jolene ignoring the warning had it coming
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 03:20     Subject: 1x17 Ivan

Donald played a good shot victim to fool Ivan into trusting Red but someone using Ivan's name made an interesting twist and that was a close call for Tom after Elizabeth found their storage place, all because Abby had a stalker was unbelievable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 04:09     Subject: 1x18 Milton Bobbit

Liz trying to work with Red to uncover Tom's secrets was understandable after he wants to renew their vows but the so called brother in-law jumping to his death was surprising and the life insurance adjuster convincing ordinary people to become contract killers was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-15-2014 22:53

Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2014 09:05     Subject: The Pavlovich Brothers

Well having these guy return was intresting way to remember what they did first time around with the kidnapping but Reddington using them to capture Liz husband was rather amusing . . At least she knows now
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2014 13:00     Subject: 1x19 The Pavlovich Brothers

What was Liz thinking following Tom when Red had it covered and with him wanting extraction I thought she may never know what he was up to but trust her to break his thumb as torture
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2014 21:48

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-3-2014 07:15     Subject: 1x20 The Kingmaker

Patrick risking his families life for his political career was diabolical and loosing his with was karma and Elizabeth was lucky Donald came back in to kill the Kingmaker before he killed her
Author: bala    Time: 5-3-2014 07:58     Subject: Reply 73#73 codebreaker's post

Yes but her finding out Red killed her father is bound make this very complicated if she walks out on him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-3-2014 08:03

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-5-2014 23:06

Author: bala    Time: 5-6-2014 07:22     Subject: Berlin

It took Kegan 20 episode to figure out there was more to the blacklist when we all knew he had a reason but putting together was predictable i just can't believe it took her too long consider what she had to deal with was great distraction but in the end trying help Red when he didn't want it was a surprise whoever this guy is he really must be number 1 on his list.
Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2014 08:26     Subject: Berlin: Conclusion

Well another good episode but it left us with one real question is Berlin Kegan biological father ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-22-2014 03:53     Subject: 1x21 Berlin

Liz refusing to work with Red after finding out the truth about her father was understandable and turning the virus on the maker in the hope of getting him to talk was karma
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-22-2014 04:19     Subject: 1x22 Berlin: Conclusion

Meera loosing her life was a surprise and shooting down the prisoner transport plane over a populated area was reckless but some of the prisoners surviving were lucky and with Berlin on the loose should give a good start to season two
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-17-2014 22:11

The Blacklist 2x01 Sneak Peek "Lord Baltimore"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2014 23:37

The Blacklist 2x02 Promo "Monarch Douglas Bank" (HD)
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2014 09:53     Subject: Lord Baltimore

I was pleasantly surprise Krysten Ritter can act don't get me wrong most of time we seen her do comedy and she was an average actress but her performance as Lord Baltimore was impressive . Playing a split personality Villian was great .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-28-2014 03:23     Subject: 2x01 Lord Baltimore

It was obvious the money didn't belong to Red but setting fire to it was amusing and Rowan's altered ego being a killer was an interesting twist but someone getting the better of Red by taking his ex should be interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2014 22:13

The Blacklist 2x03 Promo "Dr. James Covington"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2014 00:22

The Blacklist 2x04 Promo [HD) "Dr. Linus Creel"
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2014 08:50     Subject: Monarch Douglas Bank

A bank for criminals who want keep money private getting robbed was unexpected but trust Red to use that opportunity to get Berlin attention.

[ Last edited by bala at 10-7-2014 16:53 ]
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2014 08:53     Subject: Dr. James Covington"

Renting out organ is one hell of way to get money for keeping sick children that need transplant going.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-14-2014 01:02

The Blacklist 2x05 Promo "The Front"
Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2014 06:41     Subject: Dr. Linus Creel

Another doctor and conducting mind control sounds like science fiction but find people with the warrior gene and trying trigger it by ruining their life was awful . Does Liz have him locked up ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2014 23:43

The Blacklist 2x06 Promo "The Mombasa Cartel"
Author: bala    Time: 10-21-2014 10:28     Subject: 2x05 The Front

A eco terrorist finding original black death in painting was really odd how did he discover it or who told him?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2014 00:32

The Blacklist 2x07 Promo "The Scimitar"
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2014 08:08     Subject: Mombasa Cartel

The flashback at start of this episode had me confused but finding out who that boy grew up to be was a surprise . This is why you should have a partner when investigating suspects .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-4-2014 01:37

The Blacklist 2x08 Promo "The Decembrist"
Author: bala    Time: 11-4-2014 08:19     Subject: 2x07 The Scimitar

That was a good twist at the end i love how they keep twisting every revelation into something unexpected so that not red's daughter but it's Berlin which means his feud with Red was all a misunderstanding  
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 11-4-2014 15:12     Subject: Reply 96#96 bala's post

I appreciated the twist.  I think Lizzy is red's daughter and she won't kill tom...
Author: bala    Time: 11-4-2014 23:30     Subject: Reply 97#97 arksongbird80's post

it's too obvious plus he said he's not
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2014 08:34     Subject: 2x08 The Decembrist

So this was mid-season finale and Red shooting Berlin was predictable but finding out who set them up was a surprise but he got his head blown quite literally . Letting Tom go was a surprise but his connection to Red still odd could he be his son?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-19-2014 11:54     Subject: 2x02 Monarch Douglas Bank

The corrupt bank being robbed was bound to happen sooner or later as it was being used by crooks and you can't blame Red for using the opportunity to get his wife back

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0