Board logo

Subject: Reign Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-3-2013 14:41     Subject: Reign Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reign Premieres on The CW on October 10, 2013

Hidden between the lines of the history books is the story of Mary Stuart, the young woman the world would come to know as Mary, Queen of Scots. Queen of Scotland since she was six days old, the teenage Mary is already a headstrong monarch - beautiful, passionate, and poised at the very beginning of her tumultuous rise to power. Arriving in France with four close friends as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king's dashing son, Prince Francis. But the match isn't signed and sealed: it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot, but like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage, especially when he has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited. Further complicating things is Bash, Francis' roguish half-brother, who has a history of his own - despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father's favorite. And now that Bash has caught Mary's eye, a royal triangle may be forming. While at French Court, fierce foes and dark forces conspire to sabotage Mary’s marriage to Francis and even threaten her life, until a mysterious shrouded guide becomes her ally. With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Reign Here

Author: bala    Time: 8-25-2013 09:10     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I have to say when i first saw this i thought it was awful but once they released extended preview i thought actually it's not as bad as i think it was going to be. I might give this a shot i realise this will be no The Borgias but just PG-13 version with stupid love triangle but conspiracy behind the plot is the only reason why i am watching this.
Author: bala    Time: 10-19-2013 04:55     Subject: Pilot

I have to say i was pleasantly surprised by this episode when i first heard of this i really wasn't interested in this series but i am so glad i watched the pilot because so much is going on that actually make this series more than this stupid love triangle that common in CW shows.

It really has some good writing and i am curious who the person who warned her . I think i know who it is

Mary find out her future husband has no intention on marry her and it was just an arrangement but you would of thought that after she found out he has a girl on the side she would asked her friends to find out who she was?. Most teenage girl would done that if someone was after their man?. That was only problem i had with the episode.

[ Last edited by bala at 10-19-2013 12:57 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2013 08:45     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

Mary almost catching Francis with another woman was a little predictable and thing would of turned out so different if she had drank the wine
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-19-2013 10:18     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

As a rule of thumb, yes most girls would have found out who the other girl was.  In this time frame though it was so common I actually would have been surprised if she did.  They were to be married, have a heir and spare and move on.  The fact they like each other is cudos!  

Liked:  clothes-scenery-girl/person behind screen-dog (Scottish wolfhound)

Disliked:  Dog just showing up.  Didn't have it at the convent- where are Mary's parents?- little more accurate history+theatrics.  Teach and entertain at the same time CW.  I know not likely to happen but still.    LOTs of characters and kinda confusing.  

FOUR EPISODE ARC TEST
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-22-2013 06:20

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2013 08:19     Subject: Snakes in the Garden

Another great episode but whoever the girl is in dungeon she knows everyone's secret but the English solider try scare Mary was a good attempt. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2013 14:37     Subject: 1x02 Snakes in the Garden

Clarissa roaming the secret tunnels without being seen was interesting and the woman pretending to be poisoned was a strange way to scare Mary
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-1-2013 16:22     Subject: 1x03 Kissed

What a shame for Greer having her eye on Tomas when he has his eye on Mary and as he can help with the troubles in Scotland she has a tough choice
Author: bala    Time: 11-2-2013 08:33     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes she has tough choice but i think it would be a mistake to go to Spain because it's clear what he has another agenda from promo of next weeks episodes.
Author: bala    Time: 11-8-2013 10:38     Subject: Hearts and Minds

Another good episode but Mary almost making biggest mistake with Spain king but her whipping boy was interesting concept i mean that one way of get around hitting a women . If this thing actually existed back than i feel sorry for them can you imagine the amount of abuse they would of got.

I am so glad they got bottom of spanish conspiracy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-8-2013 14:27     Subject: 1x04 Hearts and Minds

Mary agreeing to sign the whores statement for King Henry to let her out of her engagement to Prince Francis was a risky move but Tomas getting her a wiping boy just show what sort of a monster he is and he wont be missed
Author: bala    Time: 11-15-2013 12:09     Subject: A Chill in the Air

Well you just knew it wouldn't be easy but love triangles are getting a bit ridiculous in this series .

They just couldn't one normal episode where everyone's happy
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 11-15-2013 16:47     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

It wouldn't make for drama if they were happy.  
Author: bala    Time: 11-17-2013 02:16     Subject: Reply 25#25 arksongbird80's post

True but you know what i mean an episode there no impending situation just for one episode and than getting back to drama. I just feel we don't get to see other side of the royal family
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-20-2013 12:13     Subject: 1x05 A Chill in the Air

Sending the coach through the woods was obviously a trap but the fact he was tipped for the information about the kings road was flooded I found amusing and Aylee being forced to spy on Mary should be interesting as Mary knows
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-30-2013 12:07     Subject: 1x06 Chosen

How on earth did they get the stags head passed everyone to hang it above Mary's bed, drugging Mary and her guard I understand but finding out it was one of the guards made sense and Kenna coming clean with the girls about her affair with the King I thought would backfire
Author: bala    Time: 12-12-2013 09:58     Subject: 1X07 Left Behind

Well the castle being taken over by Spanish king while French king was away was some great timing holding everyone hostage was predictable but Francis going back to rescue Mary proved he loves her
Author: bala    Time: 12-12-2013 10:00     Subject: 1x08 Fated

Well look Francis and Mary have consummated there love before the wedding but you jut know by end of this episode it wouldn't a happy ending with Mary riding off to protect him with his brother was good way to leave the episode off.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2013 07:35     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Waiting for the king to leave to take over the castle and hold everyone hostage was a surprising move but trust Olivia to spoil the girls escape and Catherine's back up plan was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2013 08:03     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

Kenna being mistaken for Diane was lucky as she figured out what her plan but telling Catherine was a mistake and Nostradamus telling Mary of his prophecy did make things interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2014 10:18     Subject: 1x09 For King and Country

Henry threatening to kill Bash if she don't go through with the marriage was bizarre but going with Mary's third option was a surprise and Catherine being held prisoner was karma for all her evil doings
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-31-2014 07:57     Subject: 1x10 Sacrifice

I thought right from the start that Isobel looked like she had a tie to Bash but Mary trying to help free her after she was wrongly imprisoned was predictable but tragic she died after giving birth, Catherine's imprisonment was amusing as Mary was determined to make her suffer but Lola blackmailing Catherine was incredible
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-7-2014 10:19     Subject: 1x11 Inquisition

Catherine using the baby to try and save her head was predictable but the way she unwrapped the bandage it looked like she already knew and Henry almost cutting the guards head off was a surprise, Catherine being overcome by the poison meant to kill Mary was careless
Author: spratt89    Time: 2-13-2014 14:41

Renewed For A 2nd Season
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-4-2014 05:08     Subject: 1x12 Royal Blood

Clarissa kidnapping Henry and Catherine's children as a way to punish Catherine was a surprise as Bash was trying to get them out the country and who would of thought Mary would kill her to save the boys
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2014 09:50     Subject: Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Yes but that fact soilder was lazy and didn't bury her means she alive
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2014 10:00     Subject: The Consummation

OMG this was ridiculously amusing episode all because of stupid prophecy which as we all know is open to interpretation and i am not ruin it but up and down were completely amusing in this episode and poor Mary being happy her mother came but find out she forced her get married by faking news about English queen was sad.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 3-7-2014 08:46     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

I rather loved this episode.  Nostredomas needing to get a prophecy by denying his brain OXYGEN!  Ummm yeah that's gonna work out great!

I went online to see the consummation that was "cut" from TV....uhhh  not much there.   Kinda disappointing.   

LOOOOOOVED the ep.  I want to see more of Mary De Guise.  She was great.
Author: bala    Time: 3-7-2014 08:57     Subject: Reply 52#52 arksongbird80's post

I didn't know they cut out that part when they aired that episode talk about having an audience
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 3-7-2014 14:09     Subject: Reply 53#53 bala's post

That was the way of it.  I thought it was just the bishops though.   Her ladies seemed a bit much.  Also, they already "consummated" their relationship.  How do they prove she's a virgin or is that even a thing?  I always know her virginity was the reason for an audience.  Prove she's pure and produce the right heir.
Author: bala    Time: 3-7-2014 23:50     Subject: Reply 54#54 arksongbird80's post

Quote:
  How do they prove she's a virgin or is that even a thing?
They is a way but i can't mention it on a public forum let just say if it's not tight she nots a virgin   i saw this on another tv series where nurse check
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-16-2014 13:46     Subject: 1x13 The Consummation

Catherine organising her own beheading was bizarre and could Nostradamus life be in danger for being responsible for Mary going against her mother, Marie de Guise wishes but the was she got her own way was sneaky, Catherine's blank piece of paper was a surprising way for Mary to make her own mind of who to marry
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-16-2014 14:16     Subject: 1x14 Dirty Laundry

King Henry's latest conquest falling out the window was surprising but being forced to ask for Catherine's help was ironic but using the dead priest as her lover was quick thinking
Author: bala    Time: 3-16-2014 23:50     Subject: Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

It did look like an accident but when he tried do the same thing to Kenna i got a bit suspicious  .
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2014 09:37     Subject: The Darkness

The French king has become murderous king and Catherine need to keep that under wraps while he remains king but the fact women pushed him into become like this was amusing .
Author: bala    Time: 3-28-2014 10:00     Subject: Monsters

Catherine thinking she could manipulate that girl into drugging the king backfired but the way she play both of them was amusing . Things are getting rather tricky for some of the characters in this series
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2014 12:42     Subject: 1x15 The Darkness

Another of King Henry's latest conquest dying is startling so soon after the last one fell from the window and Francis confiding in Mary about sleeping with Lola put her in an awkward position as she knows she pregnant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2014 13:06     Subject: 1x16 Monsters

Penelope taking control of the king was amusing and Bash saving Francis's life was a stroke of luck as the king would of killed him
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2014 09:32     Subject: 1x17 Liege Lord

Mary discovering a secret claus in her marriage contract was surprising but find out her mother knew about it worse but what Catherine did was really crazy but what a lesson to teach Mary about people she rules under.
Author: bala    Time: 4-24-2014 04:10     Subject: Toy Soldiers

When did CW decides to actually make a serious teen drama i was expecting is to typical love triangle fluff and this episode shows complex nature of being king and queen of different countries and the choice they have to make and as always Catherine is full of tricks but even her trick couldn't predict kings actions.

The way this series heading i concerned that it going both of them being in war with each other countries .
Author: bala    Time: 5-1-2014 07:10     Subject: Higher Ground

Another great episode and Francis actually showing what sort of leader he was , was fantastic he not just a pretty face the guy has a good mind taking out cannon was smart move but how he did it was brilliant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 11:53     Subject: Reply 67#67 bala's post

Mary was lucky she was told about the secret clause in her marriage contract and Mary getting her first taste of power as the Queen of Scots was short lived thanks to Catherine but at leased the contract was burnt
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 12:21     Subject: 1x18 No Exit

I thought Lola was lucky Julien still agreed to marry her after telling him about being pregnant but there does seem to be a ulterior motive behind his marriage proposal and James convincing Mary to return to Scotland was interesting as someone wants her dead so James can be king
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 12:52     Subject: 1x19 Toy Soldiers

Penelope using anyone to try and get pregnant so she could say it's the Kings was devious but Catherine using the situation to her own advantage was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 13:22     Subject: 1x20 Higher Ground

Catherine in chains was amusing but she was spot on with who she thought was behind it and Mary having to find a scapegoat for Catherine's kidnapping was made easy after being threatened and Francis's plan to take out the canon was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 5-15-2014 10:31     Subject: Slaughter of Innocence

Well Francis killing the king was impressive but he really had no choice but what a cliffhanger about black plague
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 10:42     Subject: 1x21 Long Live the King

Mary and Catherine deciding how to deal with King Henry was an unlikely alliance but Lord Julien not being who he said he was putting Lola and her unborn child in jeopardy was bound to come out sooner or later
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2014 11:21     Subject: 1x22 Slaughter of Innocence

Somebody had to take action over the King's madness as he is starting to kill indiscriminately especially after destroying a ship but using the jousting was a great way to make it look like an accident
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-14-2014 03:40

Reign - Season 2 NEW Extended Promo [HD]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-15-2014 13:11

Reign 2x01 Canadian Promo [HD) "The Plague"
Author: bala    Time: 10-2-2014 12:21     Subject: 2x01 The Plague

It was great to see Mary stand up to Catherine but making her look like she got black plague so that she could deal with the situation without her interference was amusing . Girl learning to be a queen. . What a great punishment for trying kill her subject .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-2-2014 12:22     Subject: Reply 85#85 bala's post

Another one VIP has forgot to add
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-2-2014 23:41

Reign 2x02 Promo {HD} "Drawn and Quartered"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2014 01:18

Reign 2x03 Canadian Promo [HD) "Coronation"
Reign 2x03 Promo [HD) "Coronation"

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-10-2014 09:28 ]
Author: bala    Time: 10-11-2014 08:54     Subject: 2x02 Drawn and Quartered

A person surviving the plague telling that person what really happened to his son was just bad luck but making it look he control her was amusing acting to get him to back off
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-15-2014 22:35

Reign 2x04 Canadian Promo [HD] "The Lamb And The Slaughter"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-22-2014 23:41

Reign 2x05 Canadian Promo [HD] "Blood For Blood"
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2014 09:29     Subject: The Lamb and The Slaughter

This season is becoming more stranger by the season which i am not sure if this is a good thing or bad but the ghost thing is getting a bit ridclous i missed politics from season 1
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2014 00:20

Reign 2x06 Promo "Three Queens"
Author: bala    Time: 10-31-2014 09:48     Subject: Blood for Blood

This used to be such an interesting tv show but last couple of episode have been bad and boring . The whole ghost storyline was boring and ridclous.
Author: bala    Time: 11-6-2014 09:29     Subject: Three Queens

This was a fun episode Mary and Catherine road trip was very eventful but coming across imposter was amusing but you know it turn out bad for them .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-6-2014 23:48

Reign 2x07 Promo "The Prince of the Blood"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-12-2014 23:45

Reign 2x08 Canadian Promo [HD] "Terror of the Faithful"
Reign 2x08 Promo "Terror of the Faithful"

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 11-14-2014 09:04 ]
Author: bala    Time: 11-14-2014 12:34     Subject: The Prince of the Blood

Francis being forced to sign a treaty making protestant register their faith was awful but he had no choice but he such a coward not telling Mary about the situation
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-21-2014 01:50

Reign 2x09 Promo "Acts of War"
Reign 2x09 Extended Promo "Acts of War"
Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2014 10:54     Subject: Terror of the Faithful

Things are seriously getting out of control with church interrogators who are disfiguring people for their belief
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-5-2014 02:38

Reign 2x10 Promo "Mercy" (HD) Mid-Season Finale
Reign 2x10 Extended Promo "Mercy"
Author: bala    Time: 12-6-2014 01:17     Subject: 2x09 Acts of War

Just when i thought this show couldn't go further they decided introduce a rape storyline and it was so unexpected because after all that has happened this will make things even worse this will change both Mary and Francis   
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-12-2014 02:45

Reign 2x11 Promo (HD)
Reign 2x11 Extended Promo (HD)
Author: bala    Time: 12-14-2014 12:56     Subject: 2x10 Mercy

The fact that Mary found the man who raped her and burnt him alive was impressive she has certainly grown up but telling Francis they should lead separate lives was a good cliffhanger because it does look like no way they both can get back to their innocence both of them have made decision they can't take back.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2015 01:24

Reign 2x12 Promo "Banished"
Reign 2x12 Extended Promo "Banished"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2015 00:52

Reign 2x13 Promo "Sins of the Past"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2015 00:53

Reign 2x14 Promo "The End of Mourning"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-13-2015 03:46

Reign 2x15 Promo "Forbidden"
Reign 2x15 Extended Promo "Forbidden"
Author: bala    Time: 2-17-2015 11:51     Subject: 2x11 Getaway

Mary thinking a getaway trip from castle would do her good but using it help a louis escape was tricky because Francis find out
Author: bala    Time: 2-17-2015 11:52     Subject: 2x12 Banished

Mary making Lola to marry Louis to prevent francis from getting jealous was a short sighted but who know what will happen.
Author: bala    Time: 2-17-2015 11:55     Subject: 2x13 Sins of the past

So we finally find out what been causing Catherine illusion it's STD contacted from her late husband book that made him mad   . This explain what happened to him and why he went mad in first season
Author: bala    Time: 2-17-2015 11:57     Subject: 2x14 The End of Mourning

I really didn't expect Catherine to have suiter now that respectable time has passed since her husband died and she has two men who are trying to whoo her
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-20-2015 00:28

Reign 2x16 Promo "Tasting Revenge"
Reign 2x16 Extended Promo "Tasting Revenge"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-13-2015 04:59

Reign 2x17 Promo "Tempting Fate"
Reign 2x17 Extended Promo "Tempting Fate"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-20-2015 00:49

Reign 2x18 Promo "Reversal of Fortune"
Reign 2x18 Extended Promo "Reversal of Fortune"
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2015 09:24     Subject: 2x17 Tempting Fate

I can't be bothered to comment on every episode but i think it better comment on past 3 episode in one comment as arc almost coming to an end. Mary and Francis are still on the rock and him allow her to pursue her heart was nice thing but finding out he was consider english queen proposal got her upset realised there more to this than simply following her heart and now cliffhanger Francis is sick
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2015 09:57

Reign - Reversal of Fortune Extended Trailer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-16-2015 23:59

Reign 2x19 Promo "Abandoned"
Reign 2x19 Extended Promo "Abandoned"
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2015 12:22     Subject: 2x18 Reversal of Fortune

What Bash had to do to save Francis was sad
Author: bala    Time: 4-24-2015 11:18     Subject: 2x19 Abandoned

Things are getting rather complicated for Mary and you can see he will be her downfall
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2015 11:55

Reign 2x20 Promo "Fugitive"
Reign 2x20 Extended Promo "Fugitive"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-2-2015 13:53

Reign 2x21 Promo "The Siege"
Reign 2x21 Extended Promo "The Siege"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-12-2015 00:17

Reign 2x22 Promo "Burn"
Reign 2x22 Extended Promo "Burn" (HD) Season Finale
Author: bala    Time: 5-15-2015 11:42     Subject: 2x22 Burn

I AM LOSTED FOR WORDS AFTER I WATCH THIS EPISODE.

After almost half season of pointless situation they finally wrap everything up in one episode and i still can't believe how they clean up such messy season in just one episode it beyond brief that they did this. I understand this slow moving drama but to do complete 360 of where they left previous episode and do what they did was an insult to viewers.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-19-2015 00:50

Reign Season 3 Tease
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2015 12:10

Reign Season 3 Promo (HD)
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 11-15-2015 10:23     Subject: 3X05 In a Clearing

****SPOILERS****

Once they healed Francis I wasn't sure where the show would go.  Historically he died.  I expected him to die.

THEN HE ACTUALLY DIED...... I cried like a baby.  

Now it's ON between Mary and Elizabeth.  May the best queen win.     (historically that's Elizabeth)
Author: bala    Time: 8-19-2016 11:57     Subject: Season 3 Review

I finally got to bringe watch this season .

I had forgotten how interesting this show is. Last season was a mess but this season was so much better structured since we were introduced to many new characters which almost made this look a new show.

Mary getting over Francis death was always going to be challenging but marriage proposals just to get political support got very messy and even after all of that i still can't believe she fell in love with the English spy who was hired by Elizabeth TO SPY ON HER. Even i am amazed how she was able turn him to her side . Showing kindness to his daughter was his weak point and Mary used that to her advantage.

I have  to give credit for them introduced bondage onto CW show but it was used to very amusing effect with Spain king almost getting killed but how Mary tricked revealing he wasn't as impaired as she thought after that accident  was brilliant.

Killing off Mary best friend by Elizabeth should make next season interesting but at least Mary getting revenge for Francis killer which was amazing . . Talk about entrance

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0