Board logo

Subject: Masters of Sex Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-10-2013 02:19     Subject: Masters of Sex Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Masters of Sex Premieres on Showtime on September 29, 2013

MASTERS OF SEX is a one-hour drama starring Emmy® and BAFTA Award nominee Michael Sheen and acclaimed actress Lizzy Caplan, who will portray the real-life pioneers of the science of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson. The series chronicles the unusual lives, romance, and pop culture trajectory of Masters and Johnson. Their research touched off the sexual revolution and took them from a midwestern teaching hospital in St. Louis to the cover of Time magazine and nearly a dozen appearances on Johnny Carson's couch.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Masters of Sex Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-10-2013 02:19

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-3-2013 20:42 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-10-2013 02:20

Author: bala    Time: 6-10-2013 02:26

I am probably not going to watch this because it does sound like pervert show ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-16-2013 22:07

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-21-2013 06:01

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2013 12:08

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-1-2013 14:08

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2013 08:11     Subject: Masters of Sex Official Trailer

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-12-2013 09:49

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-19-2013 17:59 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-16-2013 09:52

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-16-2013 22:39

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-17-2013 01:57

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-23-2013 19:02 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-17-2013 02:47     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

I didn't realise this is based in the 60's which makes what he was doing a lot more adventurous and Ethan having to examine the bosses wife could be embarrassing but Virginia laid back relationship with Ethan isn't what you expect for this era but him falling for her and then the fight was a surprise and how can you get aroused with all those wires getting in the way, Masters wanting to sleep with Virginia for the sake of science should make things interesting
Author: bala    Time: 9-17-2013 06:40     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

I wasn't planning on watching this but when this got added and it's free at the moment how could i not at least watch the first episode. Now i agree that Virginia attitude is rather surprising but i think that something happen to her to make her the way she is but i have to say the way she inserted herself into Master trial was impressive but the offer at end i am not surprised she had to think about it but i am surprised she didn't ask him 'whether the only reason she got hired was because he wanted to sleep with her ?' i was expecting some sort feedback so i was left rather disappointed.

I am surprised Virgina didn't tell his wife that the reason she can't get pregnant is because of Master infertility? - That was implied from what i gather ? even through she has no evidence.

[ Last edited by bala at 9-17-2013 14:42 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-19-2013 06:18     Subject: Race to Space

This episode was leaked on internet so Spoilers are included in this commentary

Well so much to discuss not sure where to start. Virgina going through all the scenario in her head regarding what she was going to say to Master and than finding out the study was over and she was fired but than able to get back in thanks to Betty was good. I also found it amusing when Master got caught in police raid but trying to explain it to his wife meant telling her what study was and what she willing to do was surprising.

The women thinking she had a terminal disease when it turned out she only needed Glasses was priceless.

I have to say using a comic for the ending monologue was interesting.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-19-2013 12:48     Subject: 1x02 Race to Space

Having the police raid the brothel was amusing and if it wasn't Ethan who sabotaged the hospital sex trial could it be the hooker so she could get her own way and how long is Masters going to put Libby through all those pointless tests when he's the one with the low sperm count
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-15-2013 01:25

Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-15-2013 02:45     Subject: 1x03 Standard Deviation

Gina liking her ass slapped while she orgasmed was amusing and the other one still wanted to be paid after faking hers was priceless, the gay sex study was a surprise and about time Libby found out the truth about William's sperm count but getting pregnant was a shock, the quadruplets all surviving was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-15-2013 02:47

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-21-2013 08:43 ]
Author: bala    Time: 10-15-2013 03:42     Subject: Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Well yes that was risky but it's good they survived
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-21-2013 03:46     Subject: 1x04 Thank You For Coming

Virginia's ex joining the study I thought would make things awkward for her but Masters using it to his advantage to find out what turns Virginia on was sneaky and the appropriate episode tile was amusing as it worked for both meaning
Author: bala    Time: 10-21-2013 08:09     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

Yes but what Master did to that women so she couldn't have any more children was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-21-2013 08:52     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

The other doctor was getting suspicious in the operating theatre
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2013 03:03     Subject: 1x05 Catherine

The religious couple not being able to conceive after six months of trying was amusing as they thought she would get pregnant by just sleeping together and taking the chiefs daughter virginity is going to make his life awkward, how embarrassing for Austin not being able to get an erection and Ethan making sure Henry was safe was great, what a tragedy Libby lost the baby after it took so long to get pregnant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2013 03:42     Subject: 1x06 Brave New World

God help the chief if his sexual activities becomes commons knowledge and you can understand Libby lying about the reason for their vacation but the old couple in the next room having a marathon sex session was amusing and who would of thought Austin would cure his erection problem with the chiefs wife but her having her first orgasm was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2013 06:06

i didn't realise they updated two episode today

so i had accidently watched episode 6 before 5

[ Last edited by bala at 10-28-2013 14:07 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2013 06:08     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

That why I always post the episode number along with title
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2013 11:49     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

This was much better episode storylines than next episodes and lot to comment on. Firstly taking the chiefs daughter virginity created a situation because she wants a relationship and he has no choice but to allow her to call the shot because of her father which means she has power in that relationship i didn't even know she was his daugher until this episode.

Austin situation shows what happens when something happend unexpected but thinking it was women fault and not his was rather naive since it didn't work with his usual person.

Virginia finding it difficult juggle her responsibilities as a single parent and her job was  always be a problem but i am glad trying to get a balance but ending with master crying was sad because his wife has no idea how much he wanted the baby.
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2013 11:53     Subject: Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

Wow this was a lot more fast paced episode with getting more information about Chief's wife and the fact she has no idea her husband is gay but trying to get into study was rather amusing and the end with Virginia  put herself as a subject was crazy. It's clear there are going to have strong relationship with each other and the fact his wife has no clue about it is sad.
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2013 11:54

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-28-2013 14:08  
That why I always post the episode number along with title
That's a good habit it rarely happens two episode added back to back it very rare but i always find this site seem to have wrong episode titles on some of the episodes which confuse me sometimes when i see your titles are diffrent.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2013 12:04     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

I also use one of the TV guide to double check the title is right and along with the number you can't go wrong
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2013 12:09     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I love the due diligence you do before you post because i just  want to express my opinion and move on  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-6-2013 06:39

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-11-2013 13:04

Author: bala    Time: 11-12-2013 07:31     Subject: All Together Now

Well a lot of things happened in this episodes and Master and Vigina seem to be getting very close in their research but his wife asking her to talk to him was rather amusing if she had any clue about what they were doing but making him sleep with his wife so they can continue was unique and amusing moment .

I don't think most men would reacted the same way if they caught their wife cheating but considering his problem you would thought this would been a good time to come clean with your wife your gay.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-14-2013 04:21     Subject: 1x07 All Together Now

The secretary being fired because she filed alphabetically and couldn't spell anaesthesia was a little cruel as he was having a bad day and Barton being the victim of gay bashing is going to be awkward to explain to his wife but Margaret about to cum when he came home was amusing, it was a good thing it was pointed out to William that neglecting his wife while he goes through the Kama Sutra with Virginia could of made things awkward
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-19-2013 01:32

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 15:00     Subject: 1x08 Love and Marriage

Margaret running into Dale after breaking her date with Austin was unfortunate but the look on all their faces when Barton walked in was priceless and Lester face when about to film inside the vagina was amusing especially when Virginia said they don't bite
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 15:02

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 16:21     Subject: 1x09 Involuntary

Ethan fainting after running over the priest was amusing but what a time to tell Vivian how he really fells about marriage and you just knew Virginia would take over from Jane
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2013 09:18     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Well i can't believe Master offered Virgina cash at the end but i have to say Mster's mother really went above anything to find out what was really going on with her son which was surprising. .
Author: bala    Time: 12-2-2013 10:11     Subject: Fallout

Wow what an episode Master had every right to punch that doctor for helping his wife get pregnant. Speaking of pregnancy i am not surprised that one participate got pregnant as result of the experiment because diaphragm failed but Vigina tell the male subject he was a father would panic any man but he should of at least talked to her rather than runaway.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-2-2013 13:51

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-9-2013 12:28

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-12-2013 12:36     Subject: 1x10 Fallout

Bill and Virginia being divided after a former study participant came forward with news of her pregnancy was interesting as her study partner just happened to be Austin and Margaret seeking advice on how to please Barton was amusing as she had no idea he is gay but the way she laughed I assume she thought she was joking
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-12-2013 13:12     Subject: 1x11 Phallic Victories

Ethan babysitting Virginia children was interesting as he had a run in with her ex-husband and Libby volunteering to help Masters at the office could make things awkward if she figures out who the returning couple really are, Dr. DePaul revelation to Virginia about her illness was sad
Author: bala    Time: 12-12-2013 13:31     Subject: Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

A lot revelation in this episode but Master hulliation of Virgina were certainly interesting
Author: bala    Time: 12-18-2013 06:58     Subject: Manhigh

Wow what season finale and what a cliffhanger with master out of a job and going to  Virgina but his wife giving birth and not telling Masters was sad .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-25-2013 13:23     Subject: 1x12 Manhigh

It should of been obvious that Masters presentation would raise a few eyebrows but Masters throwing himself under the bus to save Barton's job was nice and Margaret had every right to be angry considering he knew he was gay before they married
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2014 20:48

Masters of Sex Season 2: Official Trailer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2014 20:51

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 1
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 1 Clip - There Were No Wires
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2014 20:53

Masters of Sex Season 2: Behind the Scenes - Dressing the Part
Masters of Sex Season 2: Behind the Scenes - The Times
Masters of Sex Season 2: Look Ahead
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2014 20:55

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 2
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 2 Clip - End the Charade
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 2 Clip - My Name Is On That Study
Author: bala    Time: 7-14-2014 08:15     Subject: Parallax

Well seeing the situation both charcters POV added different meaning but the other doctor wife announce what her husband did over loudspeaker was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-21-2014 05:17

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 3
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 3 Clip - How Was Your Day
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 3 Clip - Something More Imaginative
Author: bala    Time: 7-21-2014 09:10     Subject: Kyrie Eleison

Well i can't believe a mother would suggest Sterliation for her daughter just because she is sex addict . I like master solution to the problem much less invasive   .
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2014 08:14     Subject: Fight

This was one most well acted episode i seen it was ridclous how the whole episode focus in the hotel room and conversation was so long and insightful i was actually glued to the screen just in case i didn't miss any points. I can't believe father would do that to their baby just because the baby was born with both parts .
Author: bala    Time: 8-4-2014 11:48     Subject: Dirty Jobs

Finding out Virginia is seeing master hiding it from her cause her punish her by give away her paper to another doctor.

Making your babysitter take lice shower was ridclous and way she been talking to her is really rude

Master punching his new boss and getting fired was sad but his next hospital was a drastic change
Author: bala    Time: 8-11-2014 08:06     Subject: Giants

Viginia trying get back control in her relationship with masters was nice but it's certainly put her in difficult situation with her job .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-11-2014 10:47

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 4
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 4 Clip - How To Do Right
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 4 Clip - I Saw You
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-11-2014 10:55

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 5
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 5 Clip - A Slippery Slope
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 5 Clip - The Terms
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-11-2014 11:17

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 6
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 6 Clip - Peeping Tom
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 6 Clip - Not Your Mistress
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-18-2014 02:28

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 7
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 7 Clip - I Provide the Roof
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 7 Clip - Fellow Sufferers
Author: bala    Time: 8-25-2014 08:34     Subject: Asterion

This episode fast forwarded 5 years in one episode and things are still the same . Nothing major happens
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-31-2014 23:36

Masters of Sex Season 2: Next on Episode 8
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 8 Clip - Sexual Dissatisfaction
Masters of Sex Season 2: Episode 8 Clip - A Complicated Relationship
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2014 06:15     Subject: A Better Shape

What an way to remember that your first time was with your brother she block that memory for so long but Vigina asking more questions trigger her repressed memory and now they moving onto treating sexual dysfunction
Author: bala    Time: 9-18-2014 03:40     Subject: 2x09 Story of My Life

Telling Vigina the real reason for his experiment came as a surprise to her
Author: bala    Time: 9-18-2014 03:43     Subject: 2x10 Who's on First

Bill's relationship to his brother is certainly difficult because they both have issues but realise they are both like their father was sad. Trying to fix bill's problem might take so time. Vigina telling the therapist the real reason for her visit opened up dialogue where she realise Libby might be getting hurt by what they are doing in the hotel room.
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2014 07:41     Subject: 2x11 One for the Money, Two for the Show

So CBS wants to segment on Bill & Vigina study and they both excited about it but it could be bad timing for Vigina because ex-husband want take the kids away because long hours she spending on study. Libby cheating on Bill came as no surprise since he been cheating on her for number of years.
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2014 07:43     Subject: 2x12 The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

What bad timing for Vigina giving her ex husband custody of her kids because she believed in the work but Bill sabotage the study meant she has lost her kids for good. .
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2015 06:00     Subject: 3x01 Parliament of Owls

We pick up years later and  Vigina kids are now teenagers and things seem to going normal look like everyone gets on with each other and nice cliffhanger Virgina pregnant but we don't know who father is.
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2015 06:00     Subject: 3x02 Three's a Crowd

She tell him the father is ex husband not quite sure i believe that.
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2015 06:03     Subject: 3x03 The Excitement of Release

Bill wants his study to be taught in university but of course there are objection . Look like vigina's daughter is having tough time in high school because everyone knows what her mother does but boy being nice to her so that he can have sex with her was awful and that did look like rape to me and fact she washed it off is sad.
Author: bala    Time: 8-18-2015 04:35     Subject: 3x06 Two Scents

We are now half way through the season and it still interesting to see the relationship between Virginia and Master develop and with Libby knowing her marriage is over but the fact that Virginia's mother is encouraging her relationship with master is very amusing but her daughter hating it was sad.
Author: bala    Time: 9-4-2016 12:03     Subject: 4x01

This was an interesting start to the season with both Masters and  Virginia trying to go separately but thanks to Hugh Hefner are forced to work together with them both trying to build back their lives .

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0