Board logo

Subject: Slow buffering issue [Print This Page]

Author: lbjedward    Time: 5-6-2013 01:33     Subject: Slow buffering issue

Dear Customer, Due that our mobile VIPTV.net is geting more and more traffic. VIPTV.NET buffering is geting longer, especially in peak hours(GMT 19:00-24:00). We are sorry about this issue and please give us some time to rent more streaming servers. Before that, please try to avoid watch TV shows at peak hours(GMT 19:00-24:00).
Author: bala    Time: 5-6-2013 01:53

Thank you for the notice so glad most of my viewing is in daytime
Author: Zarate    Time: 5-6-2013 18:24     Subject: steaming...

Thanks for the info lbj. I was wondering what was going on...
Author: gaelwhiz    Time: 6-18-2013 14:56     Subject: SLOW STREAMING

I hope you are able to resolve this soon as it is impossible to watch anything at all - a waste of points to even try
Author: bala    Time: 6-18-2013 23:34

Right now i am experience slow bluffing but this is the first time
Author: lucy.nobo    Time: 6-24-2013 12:33

Any idea when this will be fixed?
Author: spratt89    Time: 6-24-2013 13:33     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

I have had this problem the last few weeks
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-24-2013 14:08

Quote:
Originally posted by lucy.nobo at 6-24-2013 15:33 Any idea when this will be fixed?
No, we have not been given a time frame as to when this will be fixed. Admin is working to find servers that will serve the needs of the site, as stated in post #1. The issue will be sorted as soon as possible.
Author: spygirlfive    Time: 7-8-2013 19:21

Thanks for letting us know! I thought something funky was going on with my mac. Congrats on the new users, sorry that comes with growing pains.
Author: kikin    Time: 7-15-2013 16:10

Member - since I discovered VIP years ago Forum - newbie

As far as I am concerned, this is the best site in this venue.

Despite expected glitches, your problem management team has made them more than tolerable so much so that I came believe this site was invulnerable and destined to survive on top.

This was true to the point that every single one of my friends, family and possibly even acquaintances, has become a member.

Ditto on the congratulations for your expanding success, this site certainly deserves it, but this buffering issue is a real disappointment. I seem to have been fortunate since the problem only became noticeable about a week ago or so, but it has rapidly deteriorated to the point of being unusable. I remain a die hard supporter but hope this issue does not reflect a permanent change in leadership financial vs performance objectives regarding member satisfaction. Good luck.
Author: sundevall    Time: 7-29-2013 00:16

Hi, thanks for the info. The last two weeks I've lost lots of points due to endless "stream not found" and buffering that makes it impossible to watch the episodes. I hope this will be fixed really soon cause I love this page so much and would hate not to be ableto use it any more. Kind regards
Author: shinny    Time: 7-29-2013 00:32     Subject: Reply 11#11 sundevall's post

You can click on a show 30 times within a 24 hour period without it taking extra points. If you still believe it did take extra points then send a copy of your viewing history to lbjedward, by PM....PM lbjedward
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2013 03:22

Slow buffering is still an issue wait 1 hour for episode to buff is awful when before the whole episode would buff in 20 minutes.
Author: bala    Time: 7-30-2013 05:27

ok it does like yesterday episode were slow buffering but today ones were good speed and normal Test was i am currently watch an episode on yesterday list it slow but today 6 episode i watch all loaded fast
Author: nikkibaby85    Time: 8-2-2013 06:58     Subject: slow buffering issue

Having problems with 2 shows taking a long time to load. It was the same yesterday. It is making it impossible to watch any episodes
Author: sundevall    Time: 8-5-2013 06:37     Subject: Reply 12#12 shinny's post

Thanks for your reply. Problem isnt that its taking extra points but that I'm loosing points by beeing charge for a show I cant watch due to stream not found or buffering. I really hope the poroblem will be solved soon. Thanks again for all the work!
Author: shinny    Time: 8-5-2013 06:43     Subject: Reply 16#16 sundevall's post

Hi there, sure I know what you mean. It can be frustrating at times. Especially during peak times. Hopefully they will have a resolution soon.
Author: lolotte    Time: 8-6-2013 12:55     Subject: Slower than slow

Hi. I'm trying to watch an episode now and it's been buffering for 2 hours (yes, 2 hours!). Problem is: i'm only half through! It used to take a mere 10 seconds before the whole "slow buffering" issue came up.Any news on when it will be fixed? It's already been going on for a couple of months.

I've been using Viptv for over 6 years now and this is the worst i've seen, by far,

To be honest, I live in Europe but i've hardly ever used the European server as i've always found the US one to be much much faster. And i'm sure i'm not the only one in that position, so i can understand a US server overload. I try to watch the episodes outside peak-time as recommended (even though it's still slow, but bearable), but when work or family gets in the way you sometimes don't have a choice. Thank you
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 8-6-2013 13:20     Subject: Reply 18#18 lolotte's post

I think the EU server is offline right now, which means all the traffic is on the US one, which would explain the extremely slow loading. I'm sorry for the trouble.
Author: lolotte    Time: 8-6-2013 14:07     Subject: Reply 19#19 waterlilybarb's post

It does makes sense. Hope it gets sorted out soon. Thank you for the quick reply
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 8-6-2013 14:09     Subject: Reply 20#20 lolotte's post

Happy to reply, but sorry I haven't got more definite answers. I hope it gets sorted soon too.
Author: ItsNell    Time: 10-21-2013 10:37     Subject: update?

any news on this? its been 4-5 months since the first post and i am still having these problems.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-21-2013 11:31     Subject: Reply 22#22 ItsNell's post

[coloGreen]The issue has pretty much been resolved with a server upgrade. It's possible your location or ISP is the issue.
Author: baskew    Time: 12-1-2013 00:31     Subject: slow buffering

Hi team, I am experiencing really really slow buffering .. making it impossible to stream I am trying to watch Grimm 3x05, and was also watching another show (not in the recent list), both had very very slow buffering. Even when I pause the show to buffer in the background, it is taking more than 1 hour, it it even starts at all. Note: I am not having problems with other sites when streaming. Please advise when this will be fixed? i am a long term customer of VIPTV and really want this fixed so I can watch shows when I like, not having to wait forever... Belinda
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-1-2013 01:24     Subject: Reply 24#24 baskew's post

Have you tried rebooting your rooter as I've just watched a show that loaded in half the time of the show
Author: baskew    Time: 12-1-2013 01:27     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

Hi Jim, ill try that, thanks! bte - love your Veronica Mars bit... wish that show was ongoing still Belinda
Author: baskew    Time: 12-1-2013 01:41     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

hi again, The issue still remains... im in Australia, what can I do? are they still migrating data on the servers? Belinda
Author: baskew    Time: 12-1-2013 02:21     Subject: Reply 27#27 baskew's post

just want to add I can stream on other sites... just not this one?
Author: woothdye    Time: 12-5-2013 04:34

I find the site slower to buffer than other sites UPDATE:Still slower but somewhat fixed [ Last edited by woothdye at 12-6-2013 05:07 ]
Author: woothdye    Time: 12-5-2013 08:30     Subject: Reply 28#28 baskew's post

Ok I have somewhat fixed my problem. I'm still slower than other sites but I can actually load a show. Try clearing all your browser cookies/ cache as well as the flash cache. I used ccleaner to do this and there was a decent improvement
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-5-2013 15:09     Subject: Reply 30#30 woothdye's post

Thanks for providing some suggestions for baskew. I haven't found the site to be slow, but I clear my cache and history at least daily. I don't generally clear all my cookies, but sometimes do. We are not still changing servers, but I know sometimes a person's location can be part of the problem. Odd thing is, it can be an issue for one person, but if they go next door and use their neighbour's internet, there isn't an issue. I can't explain that, but I have heard members say they've had that experience. Might be an issue with their ISP or some other thing that is particular to them. I know I used to find that if I was using my wifi, my connection was slower. I don't have that issue now, but it's worth checking out. When that was the case, I would use a direct connection to watch an episode.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0