Board logo

Subject: Bates Motel Seasons 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2013 01:51     Subject: Bates Motel Seasons 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bates Motel Premieres on A&E on March 18, 2013

Bates Motel, serves as a contemporary prequel to the genre-defining film, “Psycho,” and promises to give viewers an intimate portrayal of how Norman Bates’ psyche unravels through his teenage years.
Fans will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first hand just how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma, truly is and how she helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all.
“Bates Motel” is produced by Universal Television for A&E Network. Carlton Cuse ("Lost") and Kerry Ehrin ("Friday Night Lights") serve as executive producers for Carlton Cuse Productions.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Bates Motel Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-16-2017 13:53 ]
Author: bala    Time: 3-18-2013 09:12     Subject: Pilot

Well i hadn't realise this was based Norman bates Early childhood but it does look like mother made him person he became but having cop visit the motel with dead body was a close call and those teenage girl really were very friendly and what bad timing sneaking out while mother was getting raped glad he got to her in time but what a resourceful women teaching her son how to get rid of a body so we are assuming she also killed the father ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-24-2013 13:36     Subject: 1x01 First You Dream, Then You Die

The previous owner giving Norma a hard time because he's a drunk and lost the motel to the bank was interesting but that was a close call the second visit and Norman being a hit with the girls was amusing as we know what the future holds for him
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2013 00:30     Subject: Nice Town You Picked, Norma

Well Norman getting his first kiss was interesting but who would thought that journal he was hiding actually was real but accidentally find a Poppy field while looking for the dead girls was interesting. Look like town has few deep dark secret not just the motel but Norma face when she saw what happens with town justice actually got her scared.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2013 07:18     Subject: 1x02 Nice Town You Picked, Norma

With Bradley father dying after the car accident it looks like the town has it's own secrets and Norma giving Emma the third degree was predictable but asking her life expectancy was cold
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2013 07:49     Subject: 1x03 What's Wrong With Norman

It looked like Bradley returned the same plant he brought her after her father accident and the police returning with a search warrant was bound to happen but Norman keeping Keith's belt is going to lead to more trouble but what was in the cops basement was a surprise, I'm surprised the pot growers didn't go looking for their orange VW
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-15-2013 08:17     Subject: 1x04 Trust Me

Dylan knocking Deputy Zack's door so Norman could get out was great but with him now knowing who he is I thought might make things awkward and moving the girl was predictable as he has put two and two together and so much for looking after them with Norma getting arrested
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2013 10:00     Subject: 1x05 Ocean View

Norma kicking Norman out of the car ten miles from home was cruel and when she looses her temper she can be a bitch but Zack tacking the evidence to clear Norma was a surprise, now Norma knows the truth about the girl from the basement what she does next should be interesting
Author: bala    Time: 4-19-2013 10:04     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

I am surprised that Norman and that girl found him
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2013 08:10     Subject: The Truth

I actually thought we had this on viptv site but guess not. So we found out Norma has been protecting Norman since he killed his father and not him but seeing every time he get angry he loses control and blackout what happen is sad. . She really should get Norman some help
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-25-2013 00:33     Subject: 1x06 The Truth

I'm glad they found the belt but not reporting the sex slave was bound to have consequences and I kind of felt sorry for Norma having to sleep with Zack to try and stop him from getting suspicious, Norma hugging Emma and Dylan made a nice change
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-1-2013 03:40     Subject: 1x07 The Man in Number 9

Sheriff Romero taking the credit for Zack's death does seem suspicious but Dylan being pissed after getting shot was understandable and I'm not surprised there are no bookings after the Deputy's death, it was obvious Bradley didn't feel the same way as Norman did about her
Author: bala    Time: 5-1-2013 07:53     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

It a bit strange town they live in so many secrets
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2013 13:44     Subject: 1x08 A Boy and His Dog

Bradley getting annoyed with the rumours was ironic but I can understand why Emma did it considering what her friends were saying about Norman
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-14-2013 13:49     Subject: 1x09 Underwater

Norma asking Emma to control the weed smokers was a little unfair as she couldn't control them her self but at leased she got a weed cupcake which was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-14-2013 23:38

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-21-2013 01:31     Subject: 1x10 Midnight

Norman taking Emma to a dance would of been nice if he had kept his eyes of Bradley and killing Miss Watson was a bizarre way to end the season
Author: bala    Time: 3-4-2014 12:30     Subject: 2x01 Gone But Not Forgotten

Well no recap at start was annoying because it been a while since last season ended and look Norman killed the teacher and feeling guilty but going to the cops was a bad move .
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2014 13:32     Subject: Shadow of a Doubt

Well she still knows how to control Norman by emotionally blackmail him no wonder he is so messed up but she really need to be careful because he's about to snap
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-11-2014 14:11     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

I had to re-watch last season final as a reminder first because We knew Miss Watson was dead but didn't see if Norman killed her before running home in the rain, you would of expected to see some blood Norman if he killed her, Bradley searching for her father's killer is understandable but she is asking for trouble going to those extreme measures
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-11-2014 15:27     Subject: 2x02 Shadow of a Doubt

Norman falling for his mothers tears was predictable but a clever way to distract him from his obsession with Miss Watson and I wasn't sure if Dylan was going to help Bradley get away
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2014 23:23     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Wow i missed that point it was a way distract him  his obsession with Miss Watson  i just thought she was trying keep Norman close to her because of his blackouts.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2014 09:00     Subject: Bates Motel After Hours 1x01 Episode 1

The creators sharing some behind-the-scenes and exclusive content was interesting but typically not giving too much away
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2014 10:58     Subject: 2x03 Caleb

Caleb turning up just after Norma told Norman what he did to her was a strange coincidence but it's hard to believe anything she says about her past as he has a different version of events but him being Dylan's father was a bomb shell
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2014 11:28     Subject: 2x04 Check-Out

Norman filling his new girlfriend Cody in about Caleb when he wouldn't tell Emma was surprising but I can't believe she tried to get him to get rid of Caleb with a wheel wrench
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2014 12:19     Subject: Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

That was certainly a bombshell considering we assumed his dad was one who they killed before moving to bates motel.
Author: bala    Time: 4-6-2014 07:12     Subject: 2x05 The Escape Artist

Cody is certainly very close to Norman but tree-house was amazing place to make out and the fact the Norma doesn't like her is pushing Norman away but i have to say i am liking Cody influence over Norman i just hope he doesn't kill her .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2014 10:16     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

Emma having to ask Norma about having sex for the first time was a little sad as she hasn't anyone else to ask and Cody saying Norma was a piece of work was risky as Norman don't like anyone talking bad about her, Dylan could of been fighting for his life after that hit and run gun fight
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 02:08     Subject: 2x06 Plunge

Cody still bringing the alcohol after being warned by Norma about Norman's medical condition especially after what happened in the closest was crazy but telling Emma about the blackouts backfired big time

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-25-2014 18:00 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2014 07:38     Subject: Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Yes but it was good cliffhanger and Cody was worried but Emma really should of talked to Norman about it before tell Norma about the blackouts. . Well i don't know how Norman will explain the accident let hope he's not dead
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2014 07:46     Subject: Presumed Innocent

Well so glad that was ruled as an accident but that deputy logging in Norman DNA result in match to another crime
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-25-2014 10:27     Subject: 2x07 Presumed Innocent

Norma asking Cody to keep quiet about the blackouts just made it look more suspicious and the fact Norman is asking awkward questions is only going to make things worse especially with the DNA match
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-25-2014 11:25     Subject: 2x08 Meltdown

Norman is doing himself no favours getting annoyed at the Sheriff over his questions about his teacher and lying about sleeping with her when they have his DNA from inside her isn't going to help, Dylan being given the go ahead to do something about Zane should make things easier
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2014 14:00     Subject: 2x09 The Box

Dylan taking out Nick was great considering he was holding the gun but he should of found out where he was holding Norman first
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2014 14:35     Subject: 2x10 The Immutable Truth

I'm glad Norman confided in Emma about what happened to his mother as she was felling a little left out and what a shame Jodi got shot trying to help them stop Zane but Norman passing the polygraph test was lucky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2014 15:16     Subject: After Hours – The Finale

Seeing Olivia without the oxygen tank made a nice change and I was surprised she is from Manchester, England but the bloopers were amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-25-2014 23:38     Subject: Comic Con 2014

Bates Motel - Nestor Carbonell and Olivia Cooke Season 3
Vera Farmiga of Bates Motel Talks Serial Killers

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-26-2014 07:40 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2014 13:39

Bates Motel Season 3 Teaser "Peep Hole"
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2015 13:13     Subject: 3x01 A Death in the Family

Did Norman kill that call girl ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-12-2015 02:26

Bates Motel - 3x02 | Promo "The Arcanum Club" | A&E [HD]
Author: bala    Time: 3-17-2015 11:04     Subject: 3x02 The Arcanum Club

Damn why does she have to be dead i actually believed him
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2015 09:24     Subject: 3x03 Persuasion

At least we know norman didn't kill her and the fact it was another women was nice but norma finding her was short-lived because she given her a flash drive
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2015 09:25     Subject: 3x04 Unbreakable

Norman trying to get his mother jealous by making out with Emma was amusing but she was right he really shouldn't be using Emma and what a way to ruin their first time .
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2015 09:10     Subject: 3x05 The Deal

Norman stealing Norma dress suggest his blackout getting worse but Norma moving out was an interesting cliffhanger
Author: bala    Time: 4-14-2015 12:04     Subject: 3x06 Norma Louise

Norman throwing a tantrum after Norma left was predictable but of course he would have blackout but norma night out almost cost her as she revealed Norman's secret to her friend but the ending was nice as it looked like she forgave her brother
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 10:07     Subject: 3x01 A Death in the Family

Norman is a little old to be sleeping in his mother bed and Norma not being interested in her mothers estate did seem strange but Norma dragging Norman out her car for school was amusing, you would of thought party girl Annika would of stayed in a posher place and about time Norman and Emma are dating
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 11:21     Subject: 3x02 The Arcanum Club

Norman should of left Annika's car at the place she was going to especially with Emma seeing them leave together but his story was bound to be plausible with his blackouts and Norma getting caught gatecrashing the party Annika was invited too was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 12:06     Subject: 3x03 Persuasion

Norma sitting in the teachers chair was amusing and Romero was bound to ask Norman some tough questions after Norma told him he was the last one to see her, every one trusting Emma with their secrets is nice but the drugs in the car was amusing and Annika dying in Norma's arms proves her son wasn't responsible
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 12:53     Subject: 3x04 Unbreak-Able

Romero was bound to dig into two mysterious deaths as Annika was driving the other dead girls car and Bob made it obvious he knows more than he's letting on but Norma's reaction to her son's picnic was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 13:55     Subject: 3x05 The Deal

Norma must of known she was going to be run off the road as she just happened to be wearing boots but Bob's arrogance to get back his property is frustrating as it looks like he's above the law and Dylan's right about handing over the flash drive but Norma using it as leverage is a dangerous game
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 14:48     Subject: 3x06 Norma Louise

Bob's guy that he sent to kill Romero stuffed up but glad Romero took care of the so called new sheriff and Norma must of been drunk to reveal her sons secret but the ending made a nice change with her seeing Caleb and lets hope this job doesn't get him killed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 15:39     Subject: 3x07 The Last Supper

Dylan wanting to help after the shocking news about Emma's health was nice and looks like the gun run is the solution but who would of though the diner would go off without a hitch
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 16:30     Subject: 3x08 The Pit

What a shame the gun run was a bust but they were lucky Caleb hid the gun and who's body is going in the swimming pool pit
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2016 17:18     Subject: 3x09 Crazy

Caleb helping Dylan follow through on his good deed for Emma's father was awesome and you have to feel sorry for Bradley after seeing what her mother did to her room
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 03:42     Subject: 3x10 Unconscious

You can understand why Emma was suspicious about some lungs suddenly becoming available and what she said to Dylan made a lot of sense but Romero giving Bob the heads up about the DEA was surprising until he killed him to protect Norman
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 03:58

Bates Motel: Season 4 Official Teaser
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 04:30     Subject: 4x01 A Danger to Himself and Others

Norman killing Bradley at the end of last season was a little predictable and about time Norman got some proper diagnosis for his blackouts but Norma asking Romero to marry her for his insurance was amusing, Emma's mother going up to the house after Norma left was asking for trouble as she had been warned
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 04:32

Bates Motel 4x02 - Promo "Goodnight, Mother"

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-8-2016 13:33 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 05:27     Subject: 4x02 Goodnight, Mother

I'm guessing after Norman disposed of Bradley's body he has also disposed of the others and the fact Norma told Emma's mother to leave nobody will miss her but him thinking it's his mother does make it more confusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 05:30

Bates Motel: Season 4 Episode 3 Sneak Peek
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 10:56     Subject: 4x03 'Til Death Do You Part

Norma and Romero actually getting married just didn't look right but her face when he said he has to move in was amusing and Chick showing his ugly mug at Dylan's place was bound to happen sooner of later after that beating, Norman thinking it's his mother who should be locked up for the killing is going to make all their lives awkward
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2016 10:57

Bates Motel: Norman Tries to Warn Dylan (S4, E4) | A&E
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2016 04:08     Subject: 4x04 Lights of Winter

Rebecca some how knows Romero has killed Bob and the fact he has three million in a safety deposit box you can understand why he looked for his key but with Rebecca being investigated he could be walking into a trap, I can't believe Norman walked into the strip club with a screw driver in his pocket
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2016 04:09

Bates Motel: Season 4 Episode 5 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2016 03:48     Subject: 4x05 Refraction

Chick Hogan being in the same store as Norma was handy and I had a feeling he would be hired to fix the window but Dylan being honest about his last job made a nice change and comparing scares with Emma was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2016 03:49

Bates Motel: Season 4 Episode 6 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2016 11:37     Subject: 4x06 The Vault

Chick certainly knows how to make Norma worried when he talks about her brother and Romero putting his career at risk to help Rebecca was surprising as he didn't want the money
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2016 11:38

Bates Motel: Season 4 Episode 7 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-28-2016 02:01     Subject: 4x07 There’s No Place Like Home

Trust Norman to find the article about his mother getting married to Alex in all that scrap paper and Dylan searching for Emma's mother could make things awkward for Norman but Norman manipulating both his mother and doctor was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-28-2016 02:02

Bates Motel: Season 4 Episode 8 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-5-2016 10:59     Subject: 4x08 Unfaithful

Norman noticing how much everyone has changed in his absence was understandable and you just knew he would try and make things awkward for Romero but with Rebecca in custody Norman might not have to worry about Romero for long
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-11-2016 12:00

Bates Motel: Season 4 Episode 9 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-12-2016 23:18     Subject: 4x09 Forever

You can't blame Alex for being worried with Norman back home and at leased he don't need to sleep with one eye open and his gun under the pillow now they have broke up but Rebecca trying to trap Alex was amusing as he knew she was wired and what a cliffhanger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-12-2016 23:19

Bates Motel: Season 4 Episode 10 Preview
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-17-2016 11:12     Subject: 4x10 Norman

Norma not surviving Norman's suicide attempt was tragic and a little surprising but Romero was going to be the main suspect after Norman spoke to the police, Norman grave robbing his mothers body was disturbing and I hope they haven't brought her back as a ghost
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2017 05:55     Subject: The Final Season

Bates Motel Season 5 Promo
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:15     Subject: 5x01 Dark Paradise

Norman trying to keep up appearances was understandable and I hope they don't keep Norma alive in Norman's imagination for too long but I had a feeling she would be stuffed in the basement, Madeleine looking like Norma should make things interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:17

Bates Motel 5x02 Promo "The Convergence of the Twain"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:17     Subject: 5x02 The Convergence of the Twain

Norman visiting Romero was predictable after the phone call and Sam AKA David being Madeleine's husband was a nice twist but what Caleb and Chick seen in the basement is going to be hard to explain
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:18

Bates Motel 5x03 Promo "Bad Blood"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:18     Subject: 5x03 Bad Blood

Norman as Norma was putting a lot of faith in trusting Chick not to talk but no surprise Norman himself didn't trust him and Madeleine reaching out to Norman was a little surprising as they hardly know each other but Norman keeping quiet about Sam's affair was probable for the best
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:19

Bates Motel 5x04 Promo "Hidden"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:19     Subject: 5x04 Hidden

Norman giving Madeleine his mothers clothes was creepy on a whole new level and nice to see Romero having such a hard time since his escape but looks like the new sheriff will be paying Norman a lot more visits after that slip up
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:20

Bates Motel 5x05 Promo "Dreams Die First"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:20     Subject: 5x05 Dreams Die First

Norman trying to piece together his Mother's movements was amusing as it was obvious the barman recognised him when he came for the car keys and Norman chose a bad time to tell Madeleine about Sam cheating on her, you knew Sam's girlfriend, Marion was going to do something stupid with that case of money
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:21

Bates Motel 5x06 Promo "Marion"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:21     Subject: 5x06 Marion

Marion stopping at the Bates Motel was a little predictable after her last visit with Sam but I was expecting him to kill her in the shower rather than Sam
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:22

Bates Motel 5x07 Promo "Inseparable"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:22     Subject: 5x07 Inseparable

Norma helping Norman get rid of Sam's body was just bizarre as we know she's only in his head and Norman always looking guilty when the Sheriff is around isn't doing him any favours but good job he moved Norma's body before Dylan came home and confessing to Sam's murder was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:22

Bates Motel 5x08 Promo "The Body"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:23     Subject: 5x08 The Body

Norman trying to shift the blame for Sam's murder to Madeleine was cruel and you just knew he would use not taking his medicine to change his story but the fact it looks like they have found his body where her said it was isn't going to help, Alex killing Chick was understandable and at leased with Norman in jail he's safe from him for now
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:24

Bates Motel 5x09 Promo "Visiting Hours"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:24     Subject: 5x09 Visiting Hours

You have to feel sorry for Emma finding out Norman probable killed her mother but at leased she has closure and Madeleine probable would of been next, Romero being unable to get Norman was karma after killing Chick but going armed into the police station is going to make the finale episode great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:25

Bates Motel 5x10 Promo "The Cord" Series Finale
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:25     Subject: 5x10 The Cord

Norman going home after killing Romero was predictable but that should of also been the first place the policed looked and you just knew it would have to end with Norman's death but I didn't think it would be Dylan who killed him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2017 16:26     Subject: Bates Motel: The Checkout

This was a nice way to wrap the show up with the cast, producers and super-fans discussing the show and the fan-art was impressive

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0