Board logo

Subject: Hemlock Grove Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2013 13:18     Subject: Hemlock Grove Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hemlock Grove Premieres on NetFlix on April 19, 2013

Hemlock Grove, is a gripping tale of murder, mystery and monsters set in a ravaged Pennsylvania steel town, starring Famke Janssen and Bill Skarsgard and produced by Gaumont International Television, will be available for Netflix members to watch instantly, beginning early in 2013. "Hemlock Grove" starts with the body of a young girl, mangled and murdered in the shadow of the former Godfrey steel mill. Some suspect an escapee from the White Tower, a biotech facility owned by the former steel magnates. Others believe the killer could be Peter, a 17-year-old Gypsy kid from the wrong side of the tracks, who tells his classmates he's a werewolf. Or it could be Roman (Skarsgard), the arrogant Godfrey scion, whose sister Shelley is disturbingly deformed and whose mother, Olivia (Janssen), the otherworldly beautiful and controlling grand dame of Hemlock Grove. As the crime goes unsolved and outlandish rumors mount, Peter and Roman decide to find the killer themselves, confronting unspeakable truths about themselves and Hemlock Grove as the mystery unfolds.

Source

Discuss Anything About Hemlock Grove Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-17-2013 07:12 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2013 13:18

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-22-2013 18:25 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 10:22     Subject: 1x01 Jellyfish in the Sky

Being able to move the car like that must it must of been big or strong and the teenager didn't stand a chance but Peter, the newly arrived gypsy being the prime suspect was a little predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 10:29

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 11:14     Subject: 1x02 The Angel

Letha reveals she's pregnant from an angel was a little bizarre but I do remember her dream and watching Peter change was incredible
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 11:15

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 12:01     Subject: 1x03 The Order of the Dragon

Christina discovering another victim was interesting as she thought it was a practical joke until she seen the maggots and it looks like Dr. Chasseur also suspects Peter
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 12:02

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 12:38     Subject: 1x04 In Poor Taste

Letha's day dream about Peter while on the bus was amusing and I'm not surprised Christina is having nightmares, Roman and Peter were lucky staying one step ahead of the police but what they did to the body was sick
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 12:39

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 13:15     Subject: 1x05 Hello Handsome

Clementine drinking on the job was interesting as the priest on the phone thought the same and what a freaky way to talk to the dead girl to find out who killed her but needing to brush her teeth was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2013 12:37

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2013 13:39     Subject: 1x06 The Crucible

What a shame for Shelley that the boy wet himself because of her looks and if it wasn't for her deformed eye she would be pretty and tall but Christina's date goes poorly after her vision was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2013 13:40

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 00:07     Subject: 1x07 Measure of Disorder

Olivia's reaction to Shelley catching the bus by herself and buying earrings was a little cruel but Roman standing up for her was great and why that girl would lie for Roman after what he did to her
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 00:08

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 00:48     Subject: 1x08 Catabasis

Roman being a coma was very informative as his subconscious journey revealed some shocking truths and some interesting revelations
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 02:12     Subject: 1x09 What Peter Can Live Without

It was only a matter of time before Letha's parents would discover her relationship with Peter and as everyone thinks he's a werewolf I'm not surprise they are worried and after Peter's attack I wouldn't blame him for getting revenge when he changes
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 03:38     Subject: 1x10 What God Wants

It was lucky Clementine tranquillised Peter while being a wolf as it's his alibi but the sheriff loosing his two daughter while he was outside chasing shadows was tragic and Clementine shooting at Olivia was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 04:18     Subject: 1x11 The Price

I had a feeling Olivia would survive being shot by Clementine but what's happened to her and I'm glad Peter's mom got away before the vigilantes attacked their home, Roman using his ability to save Peter was great and amusing at the same time
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 04:48     Subject: 1x12 Children of the Night

Clementine being held in a cage was ironic as that's what she did to Peter but her face off with Olivia at the Mill was interesting as Olivia got the better of her, Peter and Roman discovering the killer's identity was great but Peter sacrificing himself to save Letha from Christina was a great cliffhanger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2013 06:37     Subject: 1x13 Birth

Shelley coming to the rescue was a surprise and the way she broke the wolf's neck was impressive but the sheriff shooting her because he thought she killed his girls was sad and what on earth did Letha give birth too before bleeding out, discovering Roman was a vampire was a little predictable but ripping Olivia's tongue out was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-25-2013 22:16

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: bala    Time: 4-26-2013 08:49

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-22-2013 18:22  
Being able to move the car like that must it must of been big or strong and the teenager didn't stand a chance but Peter, the newly arrived gypsy being the prime suspect was a little predictable
The audience knew appear in town after the murder which means we know he didn't do it but his visions are certainly interesting. It does look like supernatural being.
Author: bala    Time: 4-26-2013 09:44

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-22-2013 19:14  
Letha reveals she's pregnant from an angel was a little bizarre but I do remember her dream and watching Peter change was incredible
Peter transformation was amazing and the fact he didn't freak out was surprising most people would of freak out but i did find it amusing after the transformation he eat his own skin.
Author: bala    Time: 4-26-2013 10:54

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-22-2013 20:01  
Christina discovering another victim was interesting as she thought it was a practical joke until she seen the maggots and it looks like Dr. Chasseur also suspects Peter
Just as he was about to leave he is forced to figure out who the killer is and forced to join Roman who seem really excited until he realise what there were going to do.
Author: bala    Time: 4-26-2013 12:20

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-22-2013 20:38  
Letha's day dream about Peter while on the bus was amusing and I'm not surprised Christina is having nightmares, Roman and Peter were lucky staying one step ahead of the police but what they did to th ...
Well given the amount of TV shows we watch and adult type of show we seem to prefer we used graphic show but this one certainly takes a bit further than we would like and credit to actors who had to do that. .
Author: bala    Time: 4-27-2013 01:31

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-22-2013 21:15  
Clementine drinking on the job was interesting as the priest on the phone thought the same and what a freaky way to talk to the dead girl to find out who killed her but needing to brush her teeth was  ...
This series gets more stranger the more episodes i watch. Roman cutting himself after what he heard in bathroom was stupid.
Author: bala    Time: 4-27-2013 03:07

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-23-2013 21:39  
What a shame for Shelley that the boy wet himself because of her looks and if it wasn't for her deformed eye she would be pretty and tall but Christina's date goes poorly after her vision was sad
I really feel bad for her but we still don't know how she lost her eye ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-27-2013 04:30     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

I was fascinated how tall she is so I goggled her and she is the worlds tallest model @ 6ft - 8in
Author: bala    Time: 4-27-2013 05:06     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

I feel like some of these episode were time waster i mean how much can stretch the storyline Episode 7-9 were completely pointless hence why i haven't comment on them. The pointless sex scenes are ridiculous to the series even lesbian quickie was strange. Do they think this what people want see?.
Author: bala    Time: 4-27-2013 10:06

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-24-2013 11:38  
It was lucky Clementine tranquillised Peter while being a wolf as it's his alibi but the sheriff loosing his two daughter while he was outside chasing shadows was tragic and Clementine shooting at Oli ...
Yes but i actually thought Clementine got killed off but consider she knew what she was you would thought she would run away.
Author: bala    Time: 4-27-2013 10:08

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-24-2013 12:18  
I had a feeling Olivia would survive being shot by Clementine but what's happened to her and I'm glad Peter's mom got away before the vigilantes attacked their home, Roman using his ability to save Pe ...
Yes consider we know she's a vampire i knew she would survive but what happen to Clementine was a surprise because i thought she was already dead but find her alive and in a cage was rather amusing .
Author: bala    Time: 4-27-2013 10:13

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-24-2013 12:48  
Clementine being held in a cage was ironic as that's what she did to Peter but her face off with Olivia at the Mill was interesting as Olivia got the better of her, Peter and Roman discovering the kil ...
Yes this was the episode i wanted to watch it certainly made watching episode 7-10 worth it but i was left with one question which is How did Olivia know peter was a werewolf i mean she had no concrete evidence and the first victim Peter wasn't in town didn't he arrive a day after the first murder?. I was left rather confused by that. Have i got my time frame off?.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-27-2013 18:15 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-27-2013 10:25

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-24-2013 14:37  
Shelley coming to the rescue was a surprise and the way she broke the wolf's neck was impressive but the sheriff shooting her because he thought she killed his girls was sad and what on earth did Leth ...
I was thinking this was going to be a one-off series but could they be a second season consider the cliffhanger they used to end the episode. I can't believe he shoot Shelly i mean she rescued them and he shot her and everyone thinking she's killer while real killer had funeral was so wrong but than cover whole thing up. I like it when show make you annoyed at the outcome because you just didn't expect that ending. Peter cutting his hair was rather amusing considering that his hair was his signature look.

What i liked about this series how much thought was put into background of all the characters where other series tend gloss over character this series really gave all character some sort of back story which certainly help the episodes move along.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-18-2014 16:11

Hemlock Grove - Season 2 - Date Announcement - US

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-12-2014 07:24 ]
Author: bala    Time: 6-8-2014 12:14     Subject: Hemlock Grove - Official Trailer - Season 2

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-25-2014 22:53

Hemlock Grove - Season 2 - Behind the Scenes

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-12-2014 07:25 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-2-2014 22:57

Hemlock Grove - Season 1 Recap - Narrated by Eli Roth [HD]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-12-2014 07:26 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2014 23:28

Hemlock Grove - Wolf Transformation Behind The Scenes [HD]
Hemlock Grove Season 2 - TV Spot - UK & Ireland
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2014 01:22     Subject: 2x01

an interesting start to the season but the fact i didn't watch recap certainly confused me and it look another mystery for peter to solve without his mother who somehow get arrested by FBI.  Godfery looking after the baby was creepy cliffhanger
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2014 01:23     Subject: 2x02

Peter having continuous vision and getting his cousin to help gave her a scare since she want him to avoid this but we know that he isn't going listen.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 09:28     Subject: 2x01 Blood Pressure

Closing the window in the kids room before lighting the candle to blow the house up was diabolical and that was a strange wake with the deceased sitting in a chair, Peter swallowing his pride by asking Roman for $20,000 to help his mother was surprising and the girl in the red dress might of been pissed Roman kicked her out the car but at leased she is still alive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 10:03     Subject: 2x02 Gone Sis

Miranda was lucky to survive the car crash and then staying with Roman while Peter tries to fix her car was risky but as she didn't know them it wasn't a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 10:28     Subject: 2x03 Luna Rea

Not knowing why Miranda was run off the road is frustrating as they went out their way to force her off the road and the way the Shelley ripped the wolf apart was incredible

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-12-2014 21:41 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 11:30     Subject: 2x04 Bodily Fluids

I had a feeling the girl was going to get attack when she went for a piss in the bush but after that sight I'm surprised she didn't mess herself and it was only a matter of time before the woman's disappearance came to light and Miranda suddenly leaking breast milk was bizarre but seeing a smile on the babies face was nice

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-12-2014 21:40 ]
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2014 11:47     Subject: Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

The ending was really odd with her breast feeding a stranger baby
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 11:58     Subject: 2x05 Hemlock Diego’s Policy Player’s Dream Book

It was obvious Roman was hallucinating when the blood squirted out of Miranda's neck after he bit her and the way Peter and Destiny helped Lynda escape the prison van was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 13:47     Subject: 2x06 Such Dire Stuff

Roman being treated by Dr. Pryce looked freaky and Shelley saving the boy at the risk of her own safety was great but tragic as he also lost his family and Miranda wanting Roman and Peter is asking for double trouble
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 14:39     Subject: 2x07 Lost Generation

The guys feeling awkward while Miranda was on top of the world was amusing and Olivia being identified from her photo was great but the fact it was a long time ago does make it awkward and Frankenstein has come a long was with Shelley's new body but killing it was a surprise as it was his life's work
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 15:08     Subject: 2x08 Unicorn

Miranda taking the baby after what she seen in the woods was asking for trouble and killing Shelley's new body so he could transfer her mind was interesting, the almost drowning was a great way to find out what the people in the masks are up to
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 15:36     Subject: 2x09 Tintypes

Peter going alone was asking for trouble but that escape was priceless especially his torturer saying your dead as he got the wrong and opening the door knowing they were after the baby was crazy, Roman saving Peter from being a wolf permanently was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2014 16:06     Subject: 2x10 Demons and the Dogstar

What a stroke of luck Norman was able to bring Shelley back to life as Olivia had killed her new body but you had to feel sorry for Shelley as she was looking forward to her new look, the doctor being the one who run Miranda of the road was surprising and what an ending after Miranda took the baby to the roof
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2014 23:55     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Yes that was obvious but who would thought she would stay and do it with him was a surprise and that's what i call an instant family.
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2014 01:14     Subject: Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Yep but i did like Peter cousin warn her to leave   i was really worried she was going to kidnap the baby
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2014 02:21     Subject: Reply 50#50 codebreaker's post

Well it not exactly an ideal situation but her thinking of vision was nightmare was intresting and destiny reading her suggest she the serpent in dream.
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2014 04:26     Subject: Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

Well i have to say i knew they would connection to the baby but Destiny vision was great that's why we watch it mid-point where we get a clue what's going on.
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2014 04:53     Subject: Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

Well whether like to admit it or not they really are good friends but the fact they were able to find them so quickly suggest it set up to follow him back to the baby. Nadia killing the guy was priceless .She will grow up to be a powerful child. Roman was lucky he check his text message before his operation.
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2014 06:04     Subject: Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

This just better and better but i can't believe how it's all got set up to get Miranda to Hemlock grove .
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2015 12:05

Hemlock Grove - The Final Chapter
Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2015 11:55

Hemlock Grove - The Final Chapter - Official Trailer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-8-2016 11:22     Subject: 3x01 A Place to Fall

The truck driver was lucky they didn't kill him before taking his truck but what he was doing before was disturbing and they should of taught the protester with the blood a lesson
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-8-2016 12:18     Subject: 3x02 Souls on Ice

Who would of thought getting fired from the mortuary would save his life and I thought it was only the baby saved at the end of last season so seeing Miranda alive was nice, the branch snapping on Shelley was lucky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 02:07     Subject: 3x03 The House in the Woods

That was a gruesome autopsy and about time we found out about the creature that saved Miranda and the baby but the touch stopping the attack was lucky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 03:40     Subject: 3x04 Every Beast

I liked the way Shelley stood up for herself as what the guy said was uncalled for and Roman didn't have much choice killing the guard with him shooting at them
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 04:44     Subject: 3x05 Boy in the Box

Shelley standing up for the other was great as he had been warned and glad she refused to go home with Olivia, what a way to ruin the wedding dress with an over the top nose bleed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 06:36     Subject: 3x06 Pendant

Peter struggling to hide the truth about Andreas from Destiny was understandable but Destiny opening him up to see how he died is going to cause problems and Shelley being a you-tube hit after fainting on stage was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 07:07     Subject: 3x07 Todo Santos

Pryce was lucky to be alive after what Olivia did to Isaac but Isaac ghost tormenting Olivia was amusing and Roman sending Shelley a care package was nice as he was feeling guilty, you cant blame Destiny for being suspicious about what happened to Andreas and Pryce keeping the killer alive long enough to read his memory was disturbing but Roman killing Destiny was sad as she was only trying to find the truth
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 09:08     Subject: 3x08 Dire Night on the Worm Moon

Olivia choosing a guys body for her new one was surprising and the fact he's rich should help but putting his / her memory to the test was amusing and playing with his tackle was priceless, Roman being worried after finding out Destiny was being followed was understandable after what he done but manipulating Peter into turning on Milan was sneaky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 10:14     Subject: 3x09 Damascus

Olivia targeting her family with her time running out was understandable after her failed attempt at Shelley and I thought Roman's days were numbered with Peter knowing the truth about Destiny but shame he failed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2016 10:56     Subject: 3x10 Brian’s Song

Peter still being alive was surprising considering Roman stabbed and buried him but Annie confronting Olivia about her father's death was a bad move as she figured she could use her body as a replaced but what Annie did was a drastic way to stop her

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0