Board logo

Subject: Jericho Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: janenjab    Time: 7-19-2007 19:55     Subject: Jericho Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Jericho Season 1 Here

The storyline revolves about the residents of Jericho, a small, rural Kansas town, in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on twenty-three major cities in the contiguous United States. The series begins with a visible nuclear detonation of unknown origin over nearby Denver, Colorado, and a loss of power and modern communications, effectively isolating Jericho. Later, power is restored to Jericho by what is alluded to as the efforts of the U.S. government, but soon after, an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) disables all electronics. Several themes regularly addressed in the show are gathering of information, community identity, public order, limited resources, the value of family, and internal and external threats. The show also features several mysteries involving the backgrounds of major characters, the perpetrators of the attack, and the extent of damage to the United States and its government.

Click Here For The Jericho About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Jericho on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 00:05 ]
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-19-2007 20:06     Subject: Reply #1 janenjab's post

Im about half way through the season and this show just keeps pulling me in! I couldn't believe that CBS wasn't going to renew it so I decided to find out what changed their mind. What I found was so funny and interesting, I have to commend the fans that took the effort to get this show back on air! The move they made sending nuts to CBS, the symbolism had me giggling they really did drive them NUTS!   I'm so happy they decided to renew the show for at least another 7 episodes and to give it another shot to get a larger fan base. I can't wait I'll surely be tuning in!

You can find out more at  HTTP://JERICHOSAVED.COM
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-19-2007 20:24     Subject: Hmm...

One thing I'm wondering is why is this show in a Sci-Fi category, I've yet to seen anything that would label it so, but I'm only halfway through the season. It seems more Action Adventure/Drama. For those of you that have seen it, tell me is there something Sci-Fi to this show, I don't want to know anything specific just a yes or no LOL No spoilers please!   So is it Sci-Fi or did we put it in the wrong category?
Author: bala    Time: 7-19-2007 23:27

that's an intresting point but surely you admit slightly science fiction in sense that this only town that survived
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-20-2007 00:22

Janie I would have to say its a drama, the fact that only the town survived is hardly enough to justify sci-fi.

Also the way it gets so involved later with family, relationships, and blah blah blah, it lost me during the season, I was one of the few that watched every episode and was not surprised to see it canceled. What surprised me is the brought it back.

There is a bit of action at times, but it is nothing on the ranks of that of 24 or PB. The scenes of any real violence are often tame in comparison to todays tv standards.

I say move it to drama.
Author: roca    Time: 7-20-2007 05:24     Subject: Reply #3 janenjab's post

It's definitely not a Sci-fi show! There's nothing Sci-fi about it. It's more of a action drama, sort of like Prison Break.

I actually like the series. They haven't really finished the story. So I'm glad they renewed the series even though it wasn't for a full season. I'd love to get to know more about Jake's and Hawkins' past. Also, trying not to get into too much details or giving anything away, I want to know more about what happens "now"

It's definitely a show everyone should check out. This show it's kinda like a worst-case scenario to what could happen to any countries in the wake of terrorism. It deals with corruption and everyone's darkest fear. I think the show got canceled probably because everyone's too scared to see what could really happen. I think people should watch it to better prepared themselves for any kind of disasters.

p/s I think it was categorized as a Sci-fi show... because it was aired on the Sci-fi channel?!
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-20-2007 10:10

Reply  #5 dognxtdoor's post and  Reply  #6 roca's post

Good to know I wasn't missing something sci-fi-ish having it go completely over my head . I agree with Dan in that I don't see how Jericho surviving makes it Sci-Fi and also i don't think Jericho is the only town that survived. We know of others that did as well and got over run with corrupt people. But the shows is about Jericho and the people there so of course they would focus on that.

I think your right Roca they might have categorized it as such because it aired on the Sci-Fi channel lol  it's funny some of the shows that are making it on there like the daytime soap Passions   

I for one also have to agree with Roca on liking this show and I'm so excited they brought it back I think the move that the fans made was brilliant very well thought out and executed with class. Not many shows have been brought back because of fans making a strong stand for it.

Roca, you have me itching to find out what you meant by "now" I was bumbed episode 11 on the site is actually the sepcial Return to Jericho as I didn't want to move on without seeing the episode BUT lucky me CBS has all the episodes online so I watched it there!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-20-2007 10:20     Subject: Reply #6 roca's post

The reason I didn't watch it was because it was on at the same time as something else, can't remember what right now.  I've seen parts of episodes, but haven't really had a chance to sit down and watch a whole one.  It sounds interesting, and I remember thinking last fall, when it first came out, that I'd like to check it out.  When I have a bit of time, I will give it a go.
Author: roca    Time: 7-20-2007 21:19     Subject: Reply #7 janenjab's post

LOL maybe Sci-fi ran out of shows to air?! But it's a Sci-fi channel... shouldn't they only air shows that it's actually Sci-fi in nature?

"Now"... I think after you finished watching season 1, you would know what I meant by "Now"... with all the new issues... I'd love to say more but you said No Spoilers... So I'm trying not to type too much!

Ya, I was gonna say you could watch the episode on Inner Tube. But I see you already knew that
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-20-2007 22:03     Subject: Reply #9 roca's post

I totally agree about the Sci-Fi channel lol I think they aired Passions because of all the quirky stuff that's been going on in there with witches, the devil, mermaids and people coming back from the dead, etc Don't ask how I know what's in the show...

As for Jericho I'm still wondering why? The only thing I can think of and thats' because I don't know if they tell you why or what in the further episodes was when Emily's fiance Roger came back and was telling her about seeing the most beautiful thing he's ever seen and described some circular light in the sky that made him keep moving on instead of giving up... Haha now if it was a UFO or something lol or was it the light people see "at the end of the tunnel" when they are dying or a guiding light from the heavens above or just a light from the refugee camp LOL... I still haven't figured out which so maybe that's what they are hinting at but don't quote me on that lol cause I've no clue lol

Even more intrigued to find out your "Now" lol I want to find out more NOW! I just got done with the Semper Fidelis episode (SEMPER FI!) and I can't wait to see the next! Jericho here I come!
Author: roca    Time: 7-20-2007 22:07     Subject: Reply #8 waterlilybarb's post

Wednesday night do have a lot of great shows like Lost... I can see why you weren't able to check it out earlier

I have to say my views might be a bit skewed due to the fact that the show stars Skeet Ulrich... it's hard to resist his shows
Author: roca    Time: 7-20-2007 22:18     Subject: Reply #10 janenjab's post

LOL I wouldn't read so much into the "light" Rogers was referring to...

In my opinion, he was not exactly conscious when he saw that light... you know like when someone's having a near death experience... they tend to "see" things...

If this is a Sci-fi show... I would categorize Lost as a Sci-fi show as well... seeing they are on an island that no one knows exist... seeing that they were reportedly dead... yet they are still alive... and what's his name... Richard - he still looks so young! The only reason I could think of is that they got abducted by the aliens LOL
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-20-2007 22:28     Subject: Reply #12 roca's post

LOL   Yes, I can imagine he was quite out of it after all he'd been through and walking so long, it could even be delusional. LOL but it was the only thing I could think of trying to justify the SCI-FI issue LOL That alien theory of yours is just as sound as my light one hahaha we might be on to something... or NOT... I think Lost is more Sci-Fi than Jericho with the whole black smoke monster thing and people having what seems to be powers like the Walt issue but that show is so ... CONFUSING MYSTIFYING INTRIGUING ... that we never know what the explanations can be. For all we know they are all back in the loony bin and this is all in Hurley's mind   (tho the producers denied that )

OKAY I'll stop speculating and get to watching more epis!
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-24-2007 22:44     Subject: Reply #12 roca's post

.... ...   ...

So I've finally caught up and I got to say I don't know what the network was thinking when they were going to leave the show off like that! "NUTS" to them indeed! LOL I've finally got your "now" reference roca and I've got to say that I'm itching for the next season to start! I hope they pull in enough viewers to have it go past the 7 or so episodes they've signed on for so far! I think this is a wonderful show and I like the storyline I can only imagine what's going to happen next season!

I really can't wait to find out more about these characters. Hawkins and Jake have some really interesting back stories. I was totally bummed to see Johnston die I'll miss his character. I still can't believe how the viewers must have felt with that cliffhanger and thinking the show was gone for good! I think the made a vailiant effort and I'm happy the show is coming back for at least a few more episodes!
Author: roca    Time: 7-25-2007 07:38     Subject: Reply #14 janenjab's post

I'm glad you like the show.

I really hope they could do another full season instead of just 7 episodes. Really there are too many interesting stories to tell, too many loose ends to tie... they can't fit everything into just 7 45mins shows! If they did, that's just NUTS!

The sad part is now we gotta wait another few more months before we find out what happens next...

Frankly, I think one of the reasons they are canceling the show is because this show touches on some sensitive issues... issues that people aren't ready to see or hear on TV, issues that TV networks are trying to avoid in case it turns into reality... I don't think most American are ready to watch such shows just yet. That's why the show is having such bad ratings.
Author: bala    Time: 7-25-2007 08:10     Subject: Reply #15 roca's post

wow i hadn't thought of that that sounds really deep by blame them in the environment we live in people don't want to think about this. i've no problem watching it because i know it's fiction but if people who watch 24 can enjoy that show-why can't they enjoy this show-both similar concepts but different perspectives. 24 focus on before the attack and jerico focus on aftermath.
Author: roca    Time: 7-25-2007 08:57     Subject: Reply #16 bala's post

The nuclear attack happened in the first episode... 23 cities were destroyed and tons of people died from all the explosions... so I think this part would trigger some fear and painful memories for 9/11 victim's family... and possibly deter them from continuing to watch the show.

I just think it would be hard for many Americans to see such devastation happen to their own country even though it's just fiction...
Author: bala    Time: 7-25-2007 09:10     Subject: Reply #17 roca's post

suppose your right. from UK it's much easier to watch i don't know what it's like americans-i saw attacks on tv live-i will never forget that day because i was watching one of my show than breaking news went live to show aftermath-at first you just couldn't believe it but i was so glad they didn't show any graphics stuff that was shown late night news.
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-25-2007 22:49     Subject: Reply #15 roca's post

You might just be on to something there. With all that has been happening it might just be a bit too close to home for them. I for one just find the show really intriguing you are so right there are so many loose ends and so much of this story they can get into. I'm definitely going to try and rally up some support and recommend some friends and family to tune in!

I wonder if the people at the network ate all those nuts LOL
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-6-2008 19:24     Subject: Query

I finally watched episode 1 and it seems a little bleak.  I haven't read the above posts, because I don't want any spoilers.

I just want to know if the whole show is as depressing as the first episode.  I'm hoping it isn't, and will watch a couple more to give it a chance, but if you've already watched season 1 can you just give me an idea of the overall feeling of the season.  Thanks.

Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2008 02:59     Subject: Jericho-Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Jericho Season 2 Here

So this starts this week are people excited.

i have to watch it after all efforts fans put into making this show get uncancelled-it's so rare for company to actually listen to fans-it shame he doesn't work all the time.

Click Here For The Jericho About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Jericho on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 00:06 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-12-2008 10:20     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

Thanks for remembering to add the new discussion thread.  I was just going to do it, as the show premieres tonight.   Unfortunately for me I still have to finish watching season 1, but I'm taping the show tonight because I'll be caught up before next week's episode.  I'll be back when I've seen it.
Author: bala    Time: 2-13-2008 10:41     Subject: Episode 1

Well a lot has happened within the first few minutes after the clif-hanger from season 1, So peace has now been restored but New Burn might be the problem . Thing did look like it was becoming normal but i had feeling thing are just going get interesting with Hawkins and his new friend.

i really do think Jake needs to let his anger go otherwise it will consume   

i guess i don't ruin the ending so i stop here wait for rest of you to watch it.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-13-2008 22:27

Well, I finished season 1 today.  I'm extremely happy it was renewed because that would have been a terrible way to leave us hanging.  The premiere aired yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Interestingly, I finally read this whole thread and was wondering exactly the same thing that Jane did.  Why is this show in the Scifi category?

I'm so glad that the entire season wasn't as bleak as the 1st few episodes.  It's an interesting take on how people would react in such an extreme situation.  The season finale was sad, but also left me wanting more.  I can't wait until I can watch the new episode to see what happens next.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-14-2008 22:36

Finally got to watch it.  I'm glad the battle has ended but it looks like there's a real war brewing.  

I got annoyed by Eric, saying that he lost more with the death of their father than Jake did.  Just because Jake had been away for 5 years doesn't take away the love he had for his father, nor does it diminish his loss.  I understand that Eric is still coming to terms with the death of April and his unborn child, but he needs to grow up emotionally.

I love Mimi & Stanley.  They are a great couple, even though they are so different.  It was so sweet to see the loyalty she has built for "her family" and how she made sure that Stanley didn't get taken advantage of by the new government.  I also loved when Stanley gave her his mother's ring.  I was puzzled to see no evidence of Bonnie though.  I'm hoping she still lives at home, as I enjoy the interaction between her and Stanley, as well as that between her and Mimi.

I think Jake will make a great sheriff, and I am also interested to see what happen with Hawkins and his new friend.

Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 2-14-2008 23:31

Anyone catch the subtle use of peanuts in this episode? It was fast if you missed it, but makes me wonder if they will work that into every episode this season. It would be funny if they did.
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-15-2008 19:05

I forgot about Bonnie.  I hope they keep her character.   

I didn't notice the peanuts, I'll have to watch for it next time.
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2008 05:17

i can reveal that Bonnie will be in the next episode
Author: bala    Time: 2-20-2008 10:33     Subject: Episode 2 comment

The second episode was interesting i can't believe he would help hawkin betray his boss, he 's give jake a chance to be police he's helping hawkins who has a bomb and he going have his loyalty tested in next episode because ravenwood has taken over the army guy job at the end of the episode.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-21-2008 12:27     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I can.  This new government is not one that has been chosen by the people.  Jake knows the bigger picture and the real story about the bombings.  The town's people are NOT going to be happy that Ravenwood is taking over in town.

I was happy to see Bonnie, but am missing Gail.

I didn't notice the peanuts in last week's episode either.  Were they in this episode too?

Author: bala    Time: 2-21-2008 12:31     Subject: Reply 9#9 waterlilybarb's post

i didn't miss Gail at all in fact i didn't even notice she wasn't in the episode
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-26-2008 10:55

Since her husband is dead, I also didn't notice that Gail wasn't around.  I wonder if her role is going to be cut back.  Also, Dale, the kid that owns the local store hasn't been seen, yet, and I am curious to see how he's handling all the new business and supplies that he might be getting.
Author: bala    Time: 2-26-2008 11:11     Subject: Reply 11#11 desertdarlene's post

maybe the next episode we will find out
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-26-2008 11:14     Subject: Reply 11#11 desertdarlene's post

Me too.  Dale was an interesting character.  And if the town was ever in need of a mother figure, now is the time.  Gail hasn't been seen at all since her husband's death, and now they say she's visiting relatives in another town.  I hope she returns before the season ends.  Maybe after the show originally got cancelled the actress obligated herself to something else, like a play.
Author: bala    Time: 2-27-2008 10:54     Subject: episode 3

wow we finally found what Jake secret was and i suspected it was similar to what i think it was. so it look like Dale back and as been up to trick to help Jericho and jake just can't stay out of trouble can he?
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-27-2008 10:58

Yeah, it looks like Dale is going to take a lot of risks and I did like that I know more about Jake, but I also suspected something similar.
Author: bala    Time: 2-28-2008 09:23     Subject: Reply 15#15 desertdarlene's post

look like they have a friend on the inside
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-29-2008 22:38     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

Well, since I just finished watching season 1 a few weeks ago, I can say that Jake told his father that he had killed a little girl while he was working overseas.  Plus, the episode that showed what they were doing before he arrived back in Jericho indicated the work he did wasn't on the up and up, so none of that surprised me.

I did like that Dale was back, and that he returned with supplies that weren't just for the benefit of his pocket.  The fact that he genuinely wanted to help the town reminded me of the kid we 1st met, just more mature...and willing to get his hands a little dirty if it means helping the townspeople.

I really don't like the character D.B. Sweeney is playing...the head guy for Ravenwood.  He's such a weasel. I DO like that Esai Morales' character (Beck, I think) is realizing this new government isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Trish, the one who has befriended Bonnie, and works for the company is turning into a good character.  I hope she doesn't get caught...at least not right away.  I also hope that nothing happens to Bonnie when (and if) she goes to visit Cheyenne with Trish.  That would be terrible for Stanley.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-4-2008 20:02     Subject: Episode 2x4

OMGoodness!  The ending was awful!  I won't say what happened since many of you won't get to see it until tomorrow, but I'm gobsmacked!
Author: bala    Time: 3-5-2008 00:09     Subject: Reply 18#18 waterlilybarb's post

you got me interested i can't wait to find out
Author: bala    Time: 3-5-2008 03:12     Subject: Reply 18#18 waterlilybarb's post

But she went went out with a bang

She deserved a good death-i'm going make a video on that.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-5-2008 09:40     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

She certainly did, but I really liked her.  Poor Stanley!  On another note, I'm very happy to see that Captain (?) Beck is beginning to put the pieces together.  Who do you think the mystery voice is that's been calling Hawkins?  Do you think it's someone we've met (briefly) or someone completely new?
Author: bala    Time: 3-5-2008 10:38     Subject: Reply 21#21 waterlilybarb's post

i think it's completely new person add to mystery
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 3-7-2008 19:52

Yeah, I didn't like that ending at all!  I didn't see it coming, either.  At least she went out fighting.
Author: silver1978    Time: 3-8-2008 06:46     Subject: Reply 23#23 desertdarlene's post

I actually teared up a bit there. Wow that was crazy. Stanley has been trying so hard to just stay out of it all but now the motivation is there for him.
Author: bala    Time: 3-8-2008 13:22

i really going miss her-she never last long on tv shows?
Author: bala    Time: 3-12-2008 03:27     Subject: Episode 5

Ok, another great episode i can't believe it and i honestly thought you couldn't beat last week episode but i was wrong-still i can understand Stanley shooting him.
Author: bala    Time: 3-19-2008 10:28     Subject: Episode 6

Well this is Beck on the warpath i thought giving him Stanley would been better but i suppose Stanley deserved community support i liked dream jake had was interesting, i feel bad for Stanley what he said about guy he shot was sad i really feel bad about it but the question is whether he did the right thing?.
Author: goaliesbear    Time: 3-19-2008 12:14

I don't know if I want to see the last episode for this season!  They're gonna leave us hanging again, I just know it! ugg lol
Author: bala    Time: 3-19-2008 12:17     Subject: Reply 28#28 goaliesbear's post

Oh-they do but it gets more interesting-we finally find out who was mastermind behind the attack.
Author: goaliesbear    Time: 3-20-2008 18:00

I imagine they'll make us wait til next season to learn for sure who it was...I'll be surprised if they tell us in the next episode.  That guy's pretty tricky and I don't know if Robert can be just as tricky to find out who he is...I guess we'll have to wait and seeeeeeeee
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2008 23:41     Subject: Reply 30#30 goaliesbear's post

this season writer have really push up the standard.
Author: goaliesbear    Time: 3-23-2008 14:55

Guess we don't have to worry now...they just better end the series right
Author: bala    Time: 3-24-2008 01:19     Subject: Reply 32#32 goaliesbear's post

they won't end right-too many story-line in the air
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2008 10:10

i thought the ending was ok for final episode
Author: roca    Time: 4-13-2008 20:03

Okay I have to say I didn't realize the final episode I watched was the final episode till now... I was so looking forward to the next episode!

The ending wasn't much of an ending for me.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0