Board logo

Subject: Perception Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 05:51     Subject: Perception Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Perception Premiered on TNT on July 09, 2012

In Perception, Eric McCormack plays Dr. Daniel Pierce, an eccentric neuroscience professor with paranoid schizophrenia who is recruited by the FBI to help solve complex cases. Pierce has an intimate knowledge of human behavior and a masterful understanding of the way the mind works. He also has an uncanny ability to see patterns and look past people's conscious emotions to see what lies beneath. Pierce's mind may be brilliant, but it's also damaged. He struggles with hallucinations and paranoid delusions brought on by his schizophrenia. Oddly, Daniel considers some of his hallucinations to be a gift. They occasionally allow him to make connections that his conscious mind can’t yet process. At other times, the hallucinations become Daniel's greatest curse, leading him to behave in irrational, potentially dangerous ways. Daniel's mental condition and offbeat manner make it difficult for him to achieve the close friendships and intimate relationships he craves. He’s in his element when solving an intricate puzzle or a coded message. But in unfamiliar situations, he can quickly become overwhelmed, and only his favorite music and a crossword puzzle have the power to make things right again. Rachael Leigh Cook co-stars as FBI agent Kate Moretti, Pierce’s former student who asks him to consult on certain cases. Unlike her colleagues, Kate is willing to look past Daniel's peculiarities. Also in Daniel's life is Max Lewicki (Arjay Smith), who serves as his teaching assistant. His primary job is to keep Pierce in line and on task, whether that means grading midterms or laying out Pierce's wardrobe for the day. And Natalie Vincent (Kelly Rowan) is Daniel's best friend and every bit his intellectual equal. In addition, award-winning actor LeVar Burton (Roots, Star Trek: The Next Generation) will play a recurring role as Paul Haley, a dean at the university and Pierce’s friend.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Perception Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-25-2013 19:47 ]
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-10-2012 05:37     Subject: Pilot

I was plesantly surprised with this show!  I didn't figure out who done it withint the first 20 mins.  Eric the professor's "problem" was an added drama I am going to look forward to him working through.
Author: bala    Time: 7-10-2012 06:07     Subject: Reply 5#5 arksongbird80's post

I really enjoyed this episode also but did you figure who was real or not i knew that women he was seeing wasn't real and that guy at the door wasn't real but the girl got me since i wasn't sure but laugh when he asked his assistant to go see if she was real.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2012 10:05     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

Kate jumping off the fire escape was a little crazy and the human lie detector was a nice touch but the girl flirting and getting undressed had to be real because he was told off about the way he spoke to her outside
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2012 10:13     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I like this show it has potential
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2012 10:26     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

Lets hope it does better than Endgame
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2012 11:15     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

It's on TNT they very good chance it will last few season
Author: bala    Time: 7-17-2012 06:20     Subject: Faces

Face blindness was interesting condition but the fact he got confused between his wife and her best friend was sad and how they planned to bleed him dry but they could of escaped quite easily all they had replace her with a doll he couldn't tell the difference .
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-18-2012 07:12     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

This episode had such potential but I was bored.  . No reason.  The face guy was interesting.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-19-2012 04:19     Subject: 1x02 Faces

Moretti's face when Daniel asked about the shoes was amusing and what a brilliant scam for the wife and her friend to pull on her  husband to bleed him dry
Author: bala    Time: 7-24-2012 07:06     Subject: 86’d

Well a cold case from 1986 was nice twist to this series but figure out who it was tricky but i was impressed at women acting like a teenager it was rather convincing as a viewers most of the acting was average on this show but when you given such an difficult acting role for a grown women. I really enjoyed her performance as a teenager .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-27-2012 12:43     Subject: 1x03 - 86’d

Moretti’s dad letting slip about her crush on Pierce was amusing and it's a good job Lacey's mother kept her room like a time capsule but what a great result after 26 years, it's a shame Lacey will have to live life like ground hog day
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-30-2012 00:16

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-30-2012 16:30     Subject: 1x01

If they can keep it up, this could be a fairly decent show, not real originally, but what is today?  Like the main characters, both real and unreal
Author: bala    Time: 7-31-2012 08:15     Subject: Cipher

Well who would thought he figured out the message in random newspaper but trying to befriend him almost cost him his life with the package.
Author: bala    Time: 8-7-2012 06:57     Subject: The Messenger

Well imagine Joan of Arc as his guide was interesting but i had feeling it was her all along since she always plays bad guy on tv shows.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2012 12:53     Subject: 1x04 Cipher

The brain communication was impressive and having to protect Dafoe was ironic considering what he had done but stopping the kid killing Dafoe's parents and the cops from killing him was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2012 14:00     Subject: 1x05 The Messenger

The message he wanted Joan of Arc to send God was great but the way he made it look like he was brain dead to get her to make a move was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 8-16-2012 07:32     Subject: Lovesick

I don't know why this episode hasn't been updated but what an episode trying cure gayness was ridclous but kill him so that he and his wife could be together was ridiculous.   .
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-16-2012 07:38     Subject: Reply 25#25 bala's post

It doesn't air until August 20th because when it should of aired they showed Major Crimes instead.
Author: bala    Time: 8-16-2012 07:40     Subject: Reply 26#26 spratt89's post

ok didn't know that it was in daily update on another site
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-17-2012 12:34

Renewed For A 2nd Season
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-21-2012 01:42     Subject: 1x06 Lovesick

Pierce thinking the tail was in his head was interesting but the way Kate slammed on the brakes was great and what a scam with the magic pill to cure gayness
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-28-2012 05:13

I liked the schizophrenics episode. Seeing how Daniel goes to the edge to find out the truth and almost going crazy doing so.
It's good to see him not stable all the time. I know that he also sees people and stuff, but this was different and I liked it.
Author: bala    Time: 8-29-2012 09:43     Subject: Nemesis

Well what a way to prove his innocent but it was great mystery because he was only one to not give up on him
Author: bala    Time: 9-4-2012 12:04     Subject: Kilimanjaro

So sad that study aid drug caused a murder but him not reconise a younger version of himself was interesting.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-10-2012 11:03     Subject: 1x07 Nemesis

It's a good job Moretti stopped at nothing to impress her new boss by proving Brady was innocent but what a twist that David was responsible for his wife, Karen's murder
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-10-2012 11:41     Subject: 1x08 Kilimanjaro

D. J. being a younger version of Daniel was amusing and the way Moretti got the suspect back from Mexico was impressive but Annie being the killer because of the drugs was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 9-11-2012 10:43     Subject: Shadow

Wow this was rather confusing episode more so than we ever imagine
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-11-2012 11:47     Subject: Reply 39#39 bala's post

I agree, confusing, but great!! I can't wait to see the next episode to see how much will turn out to be real or connected to reality.
Author: bala    Time: 9-11-2012 11:54     Subject: Reply 40#40 kellemanske's post

This really is an underestimate show
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-11-2012 13:47     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

I love it it's something completely insane but at the same time very addicting and facinating and I love the lectures.
So much fun to guess who is real and who is imaginated.
And there are great storylines!
Author: bala    Time: 9-20-2012 08:07     Subject: Light

So we found out where she came from but that really put a twist to the show
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-25-2012 12:59     Subject: 1x09 Shadow

I had a feeling Wesley would die after he gave Daniel the evidence but laughing afterwards was bizarre but what looked like a conspiracy to cover up the murder of the U.S. Senator all being in his head would of been disappointing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-25-2012 13:49     Subject: 1x10 Light

Wesley having himself killed to uncover the conspiracy was incredible and the new doctor forcing Daniel to face the truth about Natalie was interesting but Victoria Ryland going to all that trouble to become a Senator was fascinating but confronting her to get her to come after him was great
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2013 12:24     Subject: 2x01 ch-Ch-Changes

Another good returning episode but again another twist as who shot the guy but he was very convincing that he was innocent in trial.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-27-2013 03:02     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

Kate having to work with her soon-to-be-ex-husband Donnie must of been awkward and so what if Billy gave himself a lobotomy when he shot himself accidentally after killing his wife but getting shot after admitting it to Pierce was karma
Author: bala    Time: 6-27-2013 03:23     Subject: Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

That was hulliation which Kate confirmed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-3-2013 11:57     Subject: 2x02 Alienation

I had to laugh when the woman reported that aliens have abducted her husband as he was standing behind her but who would of thought that her friends husband was responsible because he was infatuated with her
Author: bala    Time: 7-3-2013 12:34     Subject: Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

Well he really went beyond what was necessary but i actually thought her husband and his publicist were having an affair so the fact that her best friend husband was nice surprise.
Author: bala    Time: 7-10-2013 08:54     Subject: Blindness

What a great experiment changing the student who asked direction to prove blindness but what a smart way to kill people
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2013 04:25     Subject: 2x03 Blindness

Daniel receiving a text while in class was amusing as he was condemning them first and Donnie being in court with the judge was unfortunate as he was an imposter because the real judge was dead in his chambers
Author: bala    Time: 7-17-2013 10:03     Subject: Toxic

Who would of thought guilt would cause all symptoms for the girls but finding out suicide girl was related to rich family was a surprise but the mother killing her did seem like an accident   .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-18-2013 08:24     Subject: 2x04 Toxic

Pierce accepting the case from the renowned environmental activist was interesting as he was only using it to avoid Kate but taking a shot at Rebecca was a surprise as it looks like she was behind it and the so called girls suicide being because she was sleeping with her half brother was tragic
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-19-2013 12:06     Subject: Reply 62#62 bala's post

I'm too tired to go back and read posts on the previous pages, but is anyone else kind of unimpressed with Scott Wolf's character?  I like him as an actor, but he seems kind of smarmy in this role, which is making it less believable (story-wise) that he and Kate were ever a good couple.  I don't know if it's that he's been mis-cast, or if it's the way they have written his character.  I find it a little distracting to the main story, and his petty, childish insinuations just add to the distraction.  I hope it improves because I like most of the other characters well enough.

On this week's episode, I thought the way the girl was killed was very sad.  I also thought that since she went to the same school as the son that the father should have said something before it ever got to that point.  Imagine finding out you were dating (not even going into specifics on that) your sibling?  That could mess someone up for a long time.  I'd think it would be worth revealing something you weren't proud of to your kid to prevent that kind of situation from happening in the first place.

Author: bala    Time: 7-25-2013 08:20     Subject: Caleidoscope

Well Pierce couldn't tell the difference between online world and reality was a shame i knew it would mistake when he started using Caleidoscope how sad the women in Caleidoscope was the suspect's mother
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-25-2013 15:19     Subject: 2x05 Caleidoscope

Pierce and Morretti's avatar characters were great and Pierce pretending to be ill to get back into Caleidoscope to see her was interesting as it was the kids mother
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-1-2013 05:00     Subject: 2x06 Defective

The brain device that control's tremors did seem defective as the violin player was the first to suffer malfunction but killing the doctor who was going to remove the device from his patents did seem too much of a coincidence but the implant waking the wife was surprising as it was the wife who killed her husband after her implant malfunctioned
Author: bala    Time: 8-1-2013 07:42     Subject: Reply 70#70 codebreaker's post

All because she was in love with the doctor
Author: bala    Time: 8-7-2013 09:35     Subject: Neuropositive

Daniel imagine his mother was very interesting because we had no idea she died. So i am not surprised she wouldn't listen to the guy who confessed but finding out it was doctor was a nice surprise.
Author: bala    Time: 8-14-2013 06:29     Subject: Asylum

Well this was tricky situation he got himself in but solve it when in metal institution was rather impressive consider how medicated he was at the end with that drug. Smart way to pretend to take drugs when getting admitted.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2013 08:35     Subject: 2x07 Neuropositive

What rotten luck for Kate that the doctor she was about to date turned out to be the killer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2013 09:03     Subject: 2x08 Asylum

Daniel investigating the stabbing at a psychiatric hospital was risky but he was lucky he was on the phone when they drugged him
Author: bala    Time: 8-21-2013 08:15     Subject: wounded

Well i think Kate really done it this time shoot the suspect in his own house but it was great clifhanger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-21-2013 09:17     Subject: 2x09 Wounded

If being raped by her commanding officer wasn't bad enough but his father giving him an alibi for the murder of the witness was frustrating and trying to get him for the STI would of been great if it had worked but is she going to get out of killing him as it looks like premeditated murder with her having a gun and vest on
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2013 07:54     Subject: Warrior

What a great conclusion to last week episode and i had feeling they would explain away what kate did but it was one hell of a elaborate set-up for Kate so glad Daniel could prove it but what he did to other vertern making her sing the answer was fantastic as it help solve the case to a certain extent.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-28-2013 11:53     Subject: Reply 84#84 bala's post

I'm hoping the singer can have some medical treatment.  Maybe she won't sing for the rest of her life.

Good conclusion...I like her ex-husband as an addition.  He's doing well
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2013 11:59     Subject: Reply 85#85 arksongbird80's post

So glad he didn't take the shot and told her to wait
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-29-2013 07:49     Subject: 2x10 Warrior

I'm not surprised Morretti was arrested after that impressive set-up and Donnie quitting his job to defend her was a risky move but getting Gabriel to sing when she couldn't talk was amazing
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 8-29-2013 10:57     Subject: Reply 85#85 arksongbird80's post

I initially didn't like the ex-husband, but have grown to like the character - even when he's a jerk. lol  I thought it was a good finale.  I wouldn't care if I had to sing for the rest of my life if it meant I could communicate vocally with people.  When he realized the area of her brain that was damaged, I was reminded of the House episode where an autistic (if I remember correctly) concert pianist had to have half his brain removed.  It never ceases to amaze me how the body can adapt to such severe trauma.
Author: bala    Time: 2-27-2014 13:32     Subject: Obsession

Well train ethicist preventing major rail crash was impressive but it was good thing he could figure out a simple solution to the problem  was great. That's one way to impress a parent
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-3-2014 11:36     Subject: 2x11 Curveball

What a shame the autistic teenager was suspected of murder when in fact he averted a railway disaster and Ely getting high under Max's watch was amusing but Paul sleeping with his mother was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 3-5-2014 11:54     Subject: Brotherhood

Well Max's brother getting arrested for murder and sticking up for him while all evidence was pointing to him made it difficult but finding out what really happened was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2014 09:15     Subject: 2x12 Brotherhood

What a blunder Max getting arrested for his brother Kenny and Kenny being wrongly identified because of the way he tied his shoe laces was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2014 09:58     Subject: 2x13 Cobra

Pierce receiving a tip that the CIA might be assassinating U.S. citizens was interesting as it was all a hoax to impress a girl and the fact they fell for it was surprising
Author: bala    Time: 3-15-2014 10:18     Subject: Reply 95#95 codebreaker's post

Well it was an elaborate hoax
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2014 10:07     Subject: Obsession

Pirece getting framed for stalking was interesting but losing his teaching position was sad and finding the stalker provides more of a challenge.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-18-2014 22:09

Perceiving | Perception | TNT
Paris | Perception | TNT
Paris - Lewicki Phone Call | Perception | TNT
Paris - Dr. Pierce and the Mime | Perception | TNT

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-16-2014 09:03 ]
Author: bala    Time: 6-19-2014 06:00     Subject: 3x01 Paris

Well Pierce trying escape his problem followed him but i have say figuring out that his girlfriend friend made it look like he's crazy was impressive because it really did look he was losing his mind
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-24-2014 21:05

Eric McCormack Directing | Perception | TNT

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-16-2014 08:56 ]
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2014 12:32     Subject: 3x02 Painless

Wow not realise she got shot and being dead was sad all because her sister tricked socially awkward person into killing bad guys.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2014 12:50     Subject: 2x14 Obsession

Moretti asking Daniel for his DNA was the easiest way to eliminate him as the stalker but Moretti working to find the real stalker with help from an inspector from Canada was interesting and asking Caroline to be bait after he killed her boyfriend was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2014 13:14     Subject: Reply 102#102 bala's post

Miranda seeing the FBI agent confirmed he was real but the fact he was an imposter did make her look like she was involved in making him look crazy and Serge taking Miranda's instrument looked suspicious
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2014 13:40     Subject: Reply 104#104 bala's post

Linda dropping dead in court was sad but trying to find out where she was when she was shot was going to be tough and who would of thought Linda's sister was responsible for getting her killed but killing the bad guy was was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 7-2-2014 10:21     Subject: 3x03 Shiver

A bank robber taking a kid hostage and leaving him on the bus was nice and having to deal with his father was interesting since he seem to be suffering memory problems .
Author: bala    Time: 7-9-2014 09:13     Subject: Possession

You really must be a monster if you kill your own daughter because she going expose money laundry her family are involved either way she goes jail so really no point in killing her
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-16-2014 01:09

Painless - Sticks & Stones | Perception | TNT
Painless - The Ghost | Perception | TNT
Possession - Pop Quiz | Perception | TNT
Possession - Chess Trash Talk | Perception | TNT
Author: bala    Time: 7-16-2014 09:24     Subject: Eternity

Well this was interesting case of suicide . It was very elaborate way to kill yourself
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-16-2014 11:56     Subject: Reply 108#108 bala's post

You can understand the boy thinking the bank robber was nice after dropping him at the bus with a bundle of money but being the bundle with the tracker was clever and discovering the case was about much more than money was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-17-2014 01:13     Subject: 3x04 Possession

I can't believe Donnie and Moretti's wedding plans hit a bump in the road because of her objection to the exorcism and how ironic that the father insisted they bring his daughters killer to justice when his wife was her killer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-17-2014 01:37     Subject: 3x05 Eternity

Poor Max having two Pierce's to look after when Daniel father James moves in with them and talking to Landon Jennings hologram after he is found dead was interesting as his suicide was planed over 200 days earlier for when his memory failed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-17-2014 23:27

Eternity - Hologram | Perception | TNT
Eternity - Life is a Story | Perception | TNT
Author: bala    Time: 7-23-2014 00:30     Subject: 3x06 Inconceivable

I am speechless at this episode in Daniel Pierce words you killed someone over a doll

i don't think i need to say anything else but this show really come up most interesting and unusual cases
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-24-2014 11:55     Subject: Reply 116#116 bala's post

Smashing the car window to steal the baby should of been a clue there was something not quite right and the fact it was a life like baby was lucky after being dropped in the road but the doll maker being the killer was disturbing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-24-2014 22:46

Inconceivable - Mommy Brain | Perception | TNT
Inconceivable - Pregnant Natalie | Perception | TNT
Author: bala    Time: 7-31-2014 09:44     Subject: Bolero

Being asked to let his support hullication go is going to be tricky and why does every women he meet ends up in some sort of trouble?.
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2014 12:39     Subject: Prologue

Sometimes you wonder how can they keep a show like this fresh but this episode showed that there a lot we don't know about pierce's past but having prime suspect being his doctor was nice surprise but no one can outsmart him good thing he had hidden camera otherwise it would of looked bad
Author: bala    Time: 8-13-2014 08:15     Subject: Silence

Use your wife getting shot to kill her boyfriend was a good plan but trust them to figure it out but what a lucky thing it had that coin to protect himself from getting killed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2014 09:50     Subject: 3x07 Bolero

What an elaborate art heist using a video to cause a seizure which was a distraction to steal the painting and being told to stop talking to Natalie should be interesting after all this time
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2014 10:15     Subject: 3x08 Prologue

The FBI agent turning up dead was an interesting was to look back at Pierce's life and having to face the one case he was never able to solve but his therapist being a serial killer was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2014 10:40     Subject: 3x09 Silence

Shelby trying to get Donnie to run for political office was interesting and what a stroke of luck hitting the coin in his pocket
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2014 06:16     Subject: 3x10 Dirty

That was a great frame job on donnie making it look like he cheated on Kate and killing her but Kate not believe him shows she still doesn't trust him and it's funny to think that Pierce was the only person he trusted .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2014 09:48     Subject: Reply 125#125 bala's post

Donnie finding himself in a compromising situation and calling Pierce for help was interesting as he did look like he could of been guilty but ironic that the victim paying with her life for trying to ruin Donnie's political career and what a mid season cliffhanger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2014 09:55

Dirty - Prison Mix-Up | Perception | TNT
Dirty - Closing Lecture | Perception | TNT
Author: bala    Time: 11-14-2014 06:01     Subject: TNT Cancels Perception After Three Seasons

Twitter post
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2015 10:32     Subject: 3x11 Coma

Nice returning episode after that cliffhanger but Pirece trying figure out what he saw through being in coma was amusing because his brain created a mystery for him to solve while in a coma
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2015 12:42     Subject: 3x13 Mirror

Interesting case of person who mimic anyone emotion was great way reveal the killer
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2015 12:37     Subject: 3x14 Romeo

I think it was quite obvious that Kate has been kidnapped by Donnie's stalker
Author: bala    Time: 3-18-2015 09:54     Subject: Reply 98#98 bala's post

So i was right about who kidnap her but what a cliffhanger as now they no choice but protect each other
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-10-2017 17:35

Season 1 was the best. Majority of the killers you saw coming a mile away.

Rachael Leigh Cook was miscast in the role. Kate and Donny's relationship was a drag on the show and cliché with Daniel.

They should've mixed it up more and had Max and Paul help out more with the investigations

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0