Board logo

Subject: How to Become a moderator on This Forum ? [Print This Page]

Author: stone    Time: 7-15-2007 22:33     Subject: How to Become a moderator on This Forum ?

A lot of our kind members here have sent PMs to me about the moderator thing , and here I want to make everything clear for you all . Application reqiurement : 1. Being responsible and helpful 2. Number of posts should be more than 150 3. Points on this forum should well be more than 20 4. Having a regular stay here , and monthly stay should be no less than 3 hours . Rewards: 1. All moderator could be rewarded with points (100-200points) 2. Good moderators could be rewarded with free watching for one-month on the VIP channel . 3 . more are coming ( if you want to be a moderator , just post here , and say a few things about our forum)
Author: mcleod    Time: 7-15-2007 22:45

hi i would like to show my intrestin becoming a moderator i just staed using this forum yesterday and will continue to visit the site as much as i can and to help anyone who needs it
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-15-2007 23:03     Subject: Reply #2 mcleod's post

Thank you for your interest, but as you stated you just started using our forum. Welcome to the forum, and showing interest in becoming a moderator is very much appreciated. It will be some time before you will be considered for this position. It is not just the number of posts as stone stated 150 min, It is the quality of those posts. I see in just over a day or so you are up to almost 30 posts. So do not by that rationale believe you should be ready to be a moderator in a week. Do me a favor and now that you have expressed this interest show us you mean it. Let us see you helping fellow users, and taking an active interest in at least one of the TV show forums. Start some ideas, and threads going. Make some valid comments. Review an episode you just watched. Compliment someone else and post in their thread. These are the traits we want to see from our fellow moderators. Not just someone who can win 2 contests and post 150 one line posts. You need to put in your time, let us know you for the quality you bring to our site, believe me, when you start making quality posts we moderators take notice. I want all of you who are applying to understand this before applying. Are you ready to represent this site? Please its nice that they offer you some VIP points for your work here as a moderator, but it is just that its work. Anyone who takes on the position of moderator we your co-moderators will hold you to the highest standard. Thank you, and best of luck to all and any of you who would like to join - We are the Few, The Proud, WE ARE THE MOD SQUAD!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-15-2007 23:10     Subject: Reply #3 dognxtdoor's post

Well said Dan! And people pay attention. This is a responsibility you accept when you take on the position of moderator. signed, a proud member of The Mod Squad
Author: bala    Time: 7-15-2007 23:22     Subject: yep, good advice

i had to learn all of this the hard way-you guys are lucky and stone this is brilliant thread. it's a lot of responsibility-i know what's it like when you join this place and want to become a mod but trust me level of responsibility is quite high. like advice above which is some good advice i never got as a member.only got this when i became a moderator
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 7-16-2007 08:27

I'd love to become a moderator on this site. I've been coming on the site everyday for a while now and I love it!
Author: LFC_Rules    Time: 7-16-2007 13:13

I would love to be a moderator i might not be ready yet, but I'm gonna shape up a bit and be more active and hopefully get myself into consideration. If I was to be chosen, I'd love to be the mod of naruto, ugly betty or naruto shippuden
Author: vietbeat    Time: 7-16-2007 14:07     Subject: stone

im interested in being a moderator i go on here daily.. i meet all the requirements...i try to help as much as i can..hopefully i be a mod and get all those free rewards lol
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-16-2007 14:30

I think Funny-girl101 should be a moderator. Because when I 1st arrived here I thought she was one until I noticed she was a member like me. Also I want to be a mod. Because I contribute daily and work to improve the site.
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 7-16-2007 15:48     Subject: Reply #9 gabsimom's post

Aw, thank you! You should definitely be a moderator too. I've seen some really great posts of yours.
Author: rgene    Time: 7-16-2007 19:25

I would love to be a mod on this site. I am already a mod on a sports board & feel I have good experience. i also really like action shows. I know it is a responsibility & know what it takes. I have been online here every day I have been @ home (mini vacation last week & next). I teach middle school as well.
Author: silver1978    Time: 7-21-2007 14:03

Hey all As most of you know, I am around the site a lot! I have quite a bit of free time particularly at night and tv-video has been a godsend for me! I tend to be on here a lot. I am most fond of the Sci-fi shows and am a self professed sci-fi junkie. Shows I currently watch and that I am caught up to the current episode on - would be quite happy to mod any or all : Heroes - Smallville - Supernatural - Battlestar Galactica - Stargate Atlantis - Doctor Who - Kyle XY - Eureka - 24 - Jericho - Painkiller Jane - The 4400 - Weeds- Ugly Betty - Entourage - Psych - Prison Break - Traveler - Lost - Grey's Anatomy - Veronica Mars - Dexter - The Sopranos - Rescue Me Wow that's a lot of shows...............and those are only the ones I am caught up on!!
Author: diddyP803    Time: 7-21-2007 21:16

i actually sent a pm to stone to ask him if i could b the moderator for entourage and weeds so he knows im interestd i am trieing to do more for the website and i will continue to try to help
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-22-2007 10:55     Subject: Reply #13 diddyP803's post

Just so you know, Stone lives in Chongqing, China. There was severe weather there this week, with flooding and power outages. I'm sure he'll post when he's able.
Author: mcleod    Time: 7-23-2007 11:02

are there any forums that desperately need a moderator because i would be happy to start anywhere to show i was able to do it, i know my post count is still below the 150 minimum but i think i meet the other requirements and would be able to put alot of time into the forums so other mods post your oppinions on if i should be a mod or not i dont mind constructive critisism just dont be 2 harsh lol
Author: mai_h_m_2006    Time: 7-23-2007 11:41

Thanks for this informations Iam so happy to know that Thanks again
Author: mai_h_m_2006    Time: 7-23-2007 11:42

thanks
Author: mai_h_m_2006    Time: 7-23-2007 11:44

Thank you so much
Author: mcleod    Time: 7-23-2007 11:52

??? what do u mean mai h m 2006 and i think its against the rules to tripple post which isnt a good idea to do on a post for people who want to be mods you could get points deducted lol
Author: Yuppy    Time: 7-25-2007 08:41

free movie watching for a month?! thats sick. ill have to start working on gittin sum points!
Author: stone    Time: 7-25-2007 19:54     Subject: Great Job

Thanks a lot for your kindness , my friends.
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 8-2-2007 14:43

do u get to pick where u would like to be a mod at or is it where ur most needed??? also do u need to be a mod to put up a quiz?
Author: vietbeat    Time: 8-2-2007 16:03     Subject: stone

so whos the new moderators? lol
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 8-2-2007 16:08

gabismom was promoted to moderator most recently.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 8-2-2007 21:10     Subject: Reply #22 mamaeyeore's post

The show you moderate would be one you enjoy but is also chosen on need. So the answer is both.
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 8-2-2007 21:20

tyvm for answering
Author: roca    Time: 8-3-2007 09:09     Subject: Reply #22 mamaeyeore's post

You don't need to be a mod to post a quizzes. However, if you are not a mod, you won't be able to reward points. To solve this, you can have a quiz that doesn't give out points, or you can ask us mods to help you reward your top scorer! Hope that helps
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 8-3-2007 21:00

tyvm n yes it does help
Author: Apollo    Time: 8-25-2007 22:08

I obviously do not have the forum experience to become a moderator, but I was stunned and amazed when I discovered this site earlier today, and I think a close look at my admittedly small number of posts so far will show that I hope to become a major member of these forums. I am not applying for a moderator position, but I hope someone will note me somewhere on a watch-list.
Author: magic4u    Time: 8-26-2007 23:53     Subject: Reply #29 Apollo's post

no problems apollo good hard work is all ways noted so is copy pasteing lmao have fun and enjoy thats all we ask magic4u
Author: themegababe    Time: 8-27-2007 07:50

I would love to be a moderator as well. Although I am still new here, so I undersdtand the hesitation on waiting (until 150 posts and regular hours online). My one hesistation is the amount of points to get. I found it really hard to get points. I try to make necessary and informative posts, but I do not get points. Oh well. I would like to be a moderator in a few weeks or so. Thanks. Also, once you are a moderator, is it for certain specific shows. Because I would love to be added for Men in Trees and Gilmore Girls.
Author: trulee    Time: 8-27-2007 08:11     Subject: Reply #31 themegababe's post

You will appreciate that being a moderator on this forum carries a responsibility and the posts/hours and points criteria is just one element of what is taken into consideration when choosing suitable candidates. I know due to the hackers, your registration date may not be an accurate one but my suggestion would be to play as active a role in the forum as you can for a while longer. If you make interesting or useful posts, we moderators will award points and you can soon reach the required minimum. Shows are given to moderators on a need basis but preferences are also considered too. I dont say you will achieve your ambition in a few weeks but one never knows. I look forward to reading your posts in the future. ps Gilmore Girls already has 2 moderators so you would not be eligible for that.
Author: themegababe    Time: 8-27-2007 09:18     Subject: Reply #5 bala's post

Bala, I thought you were a moderator, are you not? You are always talking to me about Men In Trees (I think) and have lots of comments.
Author: themegababe    Time: 8-27-2007 09:22     Subject: Reply #32 trulee's post

haha thanks! It is dissappointing that so much was deleted, because anything that I said is now gone. I joined about a week ago. I had a few new threads and posts, but yea. I had 6 points before, and am now done to none. But I look forward to more hours on here and having some good discussion. I believe we had some back and forth conversations as well, that are now gone. It is hard to remember all that I was dicussing, as some of the threads are now non-existant. And I do not want to take over the mods job of re-creating them
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 8-27-2007 09:37

Quote:
Originally posted by themegababe at:22 PM and I do not want to take over the mods job of recreating them.
Oh please don't let that stop you...POST POST POST!!! Start your own discussions, ideas, thoughts....feel free to create new threads in any of your favorite shows.
Author: themegababe    Time: 8-27-2007 09:42     Subject: Reply #35 dognxtdoor's post

haha my main worry was re-doing the episode recaps from Gilmore Girls. but since I am not a mod I had to split it in two, I think. Can mods make larger posts with more characters?
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 8-27-2007 09:45     Subject: Reply #36 themegababe's post

hmmm...honestly I guess so, I don't remember a ever making a post that was too big, even as a member. I would have to look into that for you.
Author: themegababe    Time: 8-31-2007 07:45

Just realized there is no mod for Grey's Anatomy. i love that show and would love to be a mod for that! Since GG is already full!
Author: vietbeat    Time: 8-31-2007 17:38

Quote:
Originally posted by dognxtdoor at 8-27-2007 17:37 Oh please don't let that stop you...POST POST POST!!! Start your own discussions, ideas, thoughts....feel free to create new threads in any of your favorite shows.
lol when i first join i post so many every thread had me in it..but ever since i havent find any good show to watch i just stop posting no point...been here for 3 month and still no show that i wanna watch yet..hopefully there be a new show that i can watch soon im just keep waitin..
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 8-31-2007 21:39     Subject: Reply #39 vietbeat's post

We have some of the most top rated shows over the last 10 years or so on this site. I really don't know what it is exactly your are looking for.
Author: vietbeat    Time: 8-31-2007 23:14

Quote:
Originally posted by dognxtdoor at 9-1-2007 05:39 We have some of the most top rated shows over the last 10 years or so on this site. I really don't know what it is exactly your are looking for.
a show that i never watch yet lol..mostly all the tv show that are on the site i pretty much watch them all already..so im lookin for something new..
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 9-6-2007 06:15     Subject: Reply #1 stone's post

I would love to become a moderator and I do qualify. I would have well over 200 posts if we hadn't been hit by the hacker and I'm here everyday participating and offering help. I don't know a lot about computer's, but I've gotten to know this site pretty well and will learn more everyday. The shows/boards I feel I would be great at moderating are Fall: The Unit, ER, NCIS Prison Break, Heroes, Grey's Winter: Traveler, The Shield 24 Summer: Army Wives, Rescue Me First Choice Already Being Mod (otherwise would be first choice) I'm sure there are a few more and that there will be new ones after the new season. I know that some of these are already being moderated, but if anyone needs help or if someone leaves or changes their mind down the road. Please, keep me in mind. Thank You
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 9-6-2007 09:17

Oh and a important one BIG LOVE Geeze, I completely forgot about EDIT.........
Author: penny3760    Time: 9-7-2007 17:48

I was thinking about being a moderator, but after the hacker attack and when the VIP web site went off line, I changed my mine. I give you guys and gals credit. You have to have a lot of patience to have this job. You all are doing a great job fixing problems as fast as you can. Keep up the good work. Penny
Author: vietbeat    Time: 9-14-2007 16:39

so whos gonna be mod? lol
Author: trulee    Time: 9-14-2007 17:00     Subject: Reply #45 vietbeat's post

There have been quite a few promotions while you've been offline. The most recent are funnygirl, gymcoach, silver1978 and gypsiegirl. Apologies to any I've missed out.
Author: 01torres    Time: 9-16-2007 02:38

I would love to be Torchwood moderator. On the torchwood board I done a quiz and a Summary of the show and a Epsiodes Guide with a character Guidde soon to come.I would like to think that I am helpful and friendly to other membes of this forum. I know I have not got the over 150 post just under half but I have only just had time to be active in this forum as shown being online this months for 10 hours so far. I have over 150 forums and I would give out my points to other members for useful respones and answering questions for my quizs. So please may I become a moderator on this forum and I hope this long post will not count against me.
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 9-16-2007 11:07     Subject: Reply #47 01torres's post

long posts are never counted against you....It was actually a very nice, and informative request. We will consider this your formal request, and please be patient. I am not sure when a new mod will be apointed, but you will have to be discussed when that happens. Thank you for your request.
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-17-2007 08:31

I would also like to be considered formally. I am most interested in Men in Trees, Grey's Anatomy, and the Office. I have made episodes guides for all of these shows as well as starting a few trivia games. I am at 13.5 hours, but i lost about 10 when the site crashed. I have 39 points and 118 posts, so I know I am under. But I would like to be considered for the next time you choose. also, great job appointing gymcoach to grey's, she has done great work there!
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 9-17-2007 11:03     Subject: Reply #49 themegababe's post

We will accept this as your request, but, I would point out you have not been a member for that long yet. Continue to contribute as we have seen you doing, and continue being active, and your request will be considered again. I hope you understand I am not saying your request is not valid, its just you have not shown your longevity to the site yet.
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-17-2007 11:30

Right, but I was a member for a week or so before the crash. So it is a bit longer than it says! But I do understand needing to see some real longevity! Thanks!
Author: bala    Time: 9-17-2007 11:55     Subject: ok fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by themegababe at 8-27-2007 17:18 Bala, I thought you were a moderator, are you not? You are always talking to me about Men In Trees (I think) and have lots of comments.
i got suspended after starting an argument with a member and never look back of course if they offer it to me again i would say yes but right now I'm happy being a regular member as i have other commitment right now which take priority over this. mainly waiting for job offers reply & study final accountancy exams. i have learnt from my mistakes i made as a moderator mainly try not take on too much responsibility and treat member with respect.the main thing try patient with members even ask same questions. last thing try not let your emotions get better than you. i'm example of member who was promoted to moderator too quickly and got punished because i didn't understand how this place worked . it was a good learning experience. i hope i get 2nd chance in future. ps: i could modertorship back if i had ask members to recommend me but i choose to stand by my actions rather than beg member re-instate me. i rather people nominate me because they like me not because i ask them. :)
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-17-2007 14:21

thanks for explaining. that must have been humbling. i appreciate that a lot!
Author: vietbeat    Time: 9-18-2007 20:28

Quote:
Originally posted by trulee at 9-15-2007 01:00 There have been quite a few promotions while you've been offline. The most recent are funnygirl, gymcoach, silver1978 and gypsiegirl. Apologies to any I've missed out.
oo i see..i havent been offline it just there isnt nothing on this site to watch..i check every day to see any new shows still havent find any..congratz to them!
Author: silver1978    Time: 9-18-2007 23:25     Subject: Reply #54 vietbeat's post

There hasn't been a post from you in quite a while in the New Show Suggestion thread. You requested Bleach and the SImpsons before and got them, why not suggest something else you would like to see?
Author: vietbeat    Time: 9-24-2007 23:17

Quote:
Originally posted by silver1978 at 9-19-2007 07:25 There hasn't been a post from you in quite a while in the New Show Suggestion thread. You requested Bleach and the SImpsons before and got them, why not suggest something else you would like to see?
i only request bleach and boys meet world i dont think i ask for the simpson tho lol..well the reason why i havent post here lately cause i cant watch a full episode on the site..for some reason after it goes to the middle it just goes timeout error lol..i will think of some good show to request...until that get fix i wont post as much as i used too..
Author: commando    Time: 9-25-2007 10:45

I would like to become a mod, I fit all the criteria except for number of posts (3 under). I try to be as helpful as possible when I can, as other members, mainly mods, normally get there first. I was inactive for a period, but from now on I will be able to get on here a lot more often. I would like to mod scrubs, but I'll take whatever I'm assigned to. I hope you will consider me.
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 9-25-2007 15:29

Ok Commando we will accept this as your request...and it will be discussed thank you for your submission. You are right, when your active, you always try to help out, you have been here for quite a while as well. In the mean time lets see you around more like you stated
Author: mcleod    Time: 9-30-2007 12:40

hi i know you have added alot of shows recently and are looking for mods well i could moderate something like family guy or another animation just to fill out some spaces and i think i would be a good mod becaue i am pretty good with technical thngs and could think up alot of quizes also i could be online quite frequently
Author: trulee    Time: 9-30-2007 13:08     Subject: Reply #59 mcleod's post

Looking at your figures, you just about qualify. I'm sure your request will be considered. As you can see there are quite a few people who would like the honour of being a mod on this forum and I do consider it an honour. Keep active and being helpful. This will all add to your request.
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-1-2007 13:46

Can I be brought back into selection for a mod now? I was told to wait for awhile., and it's been awhile! haha
Author: nmarkle    Time: 10-14-2007 18:34     Subject: moderator

I was just wondering what exactly a moderator is responsible for?
Author: trulee    Time: 10-15-2007 08:15     Subject: Reply #62 nmarkle's post

First and foremost, we are representatives of the site and do our best to promote it in a positive light. We assist members with their queries, steering them in the right direction and can act as a medium between the forum members and the administrators of the site. We make sure that members adhere to the rules of the forum and if necessary can ban repeat offenders. (Supermoderators or Admins only) All moderators have at least 1 show for which they are responsible. Their job is to monitor the threads for their shows and generate interest in it. Sometimes this is done by setting quizzes or games or by making interesting or thought provoking posts. Moderators are able to award forum points around the forum as well as for their own shows. Being a moderator of this site has for me been most rewarding. It is interesting to see the thoughts of people from all around the world posted on the site about the great shows we love to watch. I hope this makes things clearer for you. Edited by trulee Dec 5 07 In addition to what has been posted above, being a moderator of this forum is not just about creating games for the show(s) you run. Its about showing a commitment to the site and all it stands for. [ Last edited by trulee at 12-5-2007 19:49 ]
Author: Milks26    Time: 10-29-2007 17:15     Subject: Reply #20 Yuppy's post

I would love t be a MOD of some of my favorite shows here. Right now I don't have all the basic requirements needed to be a mod...but I just wanted to state my interest. I love tv-video...great site...great shows...friendly users and Mods/Administrators thanks [ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-30-2007 23:06 ]
Author: silver1978    Time: 10-29-2007 19:29     Subject: Reply #64 Milks26's post

What does loving tv.com have to do with modding at tv-video?
Author: Milks26    Time: 10-30-2007 15:06

Quote:
Originally posted by silver1978 at 10-30-2007 03:29 What does loving tv.com have to do with modding at tv-video?
Oh shi*! It was an error..... [ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-30-2007 23:20 ]
Author: trulee    Time: 10-30-2007 15:44     Subject: Reply #66 Milks26's post

I'll say, it makes us to think we have to share in your affections.
Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-31-2007 01:57     Subject: Mod-ship

Hi, I would like to be taking into consideration for a moderator position. Ever since I joined, I have been on here at least twice daily (I'm addicted, what can I say). I believe I would be a great addition to the team, seeing as I am an active member all over this site and recently started the Dear Gossip Girl game which has given a lot of positive feedback. I do believe I meet the requirements and I know you will not be dissapointed in picking me as a new moderator. I noticed that NUMB3RS is lacking a moderator so I can to this thread to see if I met the requirments of a mod. If I am granted this request, I would be more than happy to moderate the NUMB3RS thread. Thank you, Arielle
Author: kks    Time: 11-10-2007 10:24

I would also like to be a moderator one day. I still don't have some of the requirements, but when I do, I want in!!! One of my favorite things is playing the games, so I would love to be in charge of one of my favorite shows and make up the quizzes. Too much fun! I am also a big supporter of VIP, I think it is the best site out there, as far as quality, reliability and selection. And you really aren't asking for much.
Author: bala    Time: 11-10-2007 11:21     Subject: Reply #69 kks's post

well at least you got the right attitude
Author: kks    Time: 11-10-2007 18:56     Subject: Reply #70 bala's post

well, we all gotta start somewhere! it's hard to post when there are so many people who have all the answers! ;)
Author: bro1nagh    Time: 11-14-2007 13:09

I still new to the site and was wondering what the moderators didnt till i read what trulee said and i think that you all do a great job and maybe one when i have met the requiremst i will join you all. Thanks for all the information
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 11-18-2007 17:19

I just started a week ago even though I've been registered since June. I'm not sure if I post lengthy posts, but I do keep my eye on all of my favorite shows' boards. Them being Bones, Cold Case, Samantha Who? and Private Practice. In time, I would LOVE to be a moderator for something. All of the existing moderators do such a great job. If somebody doesn't post on a thread, they do. Edited: As I'm just remembering, I need to meet the requirements. But as I already stated, in time, I'd love to be a moderator. trulee, it is an honor to become a moderator. [ Last edited by redsoxpatriot30 at 11-22-2007 01:56 ]
Author: filgriff    Time: 12-5-2007 10:19     Subject: Moderators

I'm new to the whole forum thing and I'd like to know what a moderator does. I'm not trying to become one because i don't know what I'm doing yet, I'd just like to know. Any information would be appreciated.
Author: Milks26    Time: 12-5-2007 10:30

Quote:
Originally posted by filgriff at 12-5-2007 18:19 I'm new to the whole forum thing and I'd like to know what a moderator does. I'm not trying to become one because i don't know what I'm doing yet, I'd just like to know. Any information would be appre ...
Read the # 63 post (author Trulee) ....your question will be answered.
Author: bala    Time: 12-10-2007 11:32

i'm trying get a second chance as moderator but i wonder what are my chances-first time around i didn't understand my role but now after see what all new appointed mods are doing i understand what to do this places is called friendvista so i hope i can get a second chance.
Author: trulee    Time: 12-10-2007 13:25     Subject: Reply 76#76 bala's post

What do you think you would bring to the role this time around if you were re-instated as a mod? You can reply here or in a PM. Your request as they all are will be referred to the appropriate authorities
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 12-10-2007 15:14

So...in order to be a mod, you must show respect and contribute often to a show? How do you become a mod? Well, I know you must meet the requirements (not there yet!), but what else? I'm kind of confused...
Author: trulee    Time: 12-10-2007 15:45     Subject: Reply 78#78 redsoxpatriot30's post

The two things you mention dont only apply if you want to become a mod, I would hope that all members will show respect to eachother and contribute to the shows they love. Its a bit like applying for a job. You fill out your resume and its assessed and a descision is made. After the minimum requirements as set out in post #1, its difficult to say precisley what further elements are required, although personally I would say the quality of the posts made would be important. Some members are made mods because of their overall contribution and commitment to the site and others request it are considered and if deemed suitable, appointed. It also depends on whether there is a requirement for a mod at the time. Hope this clears things up even if only a little.
Author: Milks26    Time: 12-10-2007 15:48

Quote:
Originally posted by redsoxpatriot30 at 12-10-2007 23:14 So...in order to be a mod, you must show respect and contribute often to a show? How do you become a mod? Well, I know you must meet the requirements (not there yet!), but what else? I'm kind of confu ...
I think Trulee explains it well in # 63 post (author Trulee). Read through the entire (How to be a Mod section...I did, instead of repeating the same question over) Sometimes it's not about how much you post, but what you post. Make a valid contribution to a show, speak about the characters etc. You should show respect to everyone on the forums...not to become a Mod, but because it's courteous and always the right way to behave.
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 12-10-2007 16:49

Yes, I was raised well so I don't have to worry about not being respectful. So basically you need to post worthy posts, worthy being the key word, meet requirements and then apply? Then it's decided afterwards? Someday I will become a moderator... May it be centuries! (I'm not greedy or anything like that, just determined...)
Author: Milks26    Time: 12-10-2007 16:51     Subject: Reply 81#81 redsoxpatriot30's post

It's good to be determined in life....it gets u places I enjoyed your Cold Case quiz....great job.
Author: gyki98    Time: 12-19-2007 08:37

i would love to become mod.i have been here for 1 or 2 monhts(i hade to change my account cause with my old one i had some problems with login in.i wisit his forum many times a day.this is like the nicest forum i have been to.i would love to help peeps and make some fun quizes
Author: trulee    Time: 12-19-2007 08:43     Subject: Reply 84#84 gyki98's post

If you read post #1, it will tell you the minimum requirement needed for consideration. There are also some useful tips and insights in this thread.
Author: bala    Time: 12-20-2007 00:40

in case people wonder my application was reject because i seem to be enjoying being a member for than a mod
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 12-20-2007 00:49     Subject: Reply 86#86 bala's post

Bala please know that you are one of the highest respected members of this forum. Your contributions to this site are not in question here. You are a GREAT member. I am sorry that your request was denied, but it does not mean you are not respected. I hope you can see the difference....Not everyone is going to be a moderator that is active on this forum, that just could not work...I know that you know it as well. Some people are better members then they are moderators. As it is you pretty much do the job still anyhow, the only difference is, you do not "represent" the site at this time. When a moderator makes a post, new members read the post, and take it as the "word" of the site for the most part. That may not be true for the members who have been around long enough and know what a complete "goof" I am....but thats besides the point. You already have respect of the members, you have a lot of people that follow your posts, and respect your opinion. What more can you ask for. I apologize that you did not get accepted, I hope this has made you feel somewhat better, as that was my intent. You and I have had our differences, but all that aside, I hope you will continue to be the member you have been these past few months.
Author: bala    Time: 12-20-2007 05:17     Subject: Reply 87#87 dognxtdoor's post

thank you for your kind words, it's a shame they can't be new status for member-for mod they 2 type moderators and super-mod but member there just 1-it would be nice if status 'super-member'. . i would love to represent this site-i support this 500%-amount of time i spend on here. as to your points- i think being a moderator gives more respect than being average member. note those member who register never come back. it just feel being member logged in those 103507 normal member. nothing distinguish me from them. sometimes i question if i'm respected? guess i've got accept that-it nice of you say so and it means a lot. here me thinking one day i was going be one of you lot.
Author: trulee    Time: 12-20-2007 06:56     Subject: Reply 88#88 bala's post

Bala, I'm sorry you were unsuccessful on this occasion. As Dognxtdoor has already said, you are a valued member of this site, this community. I would like to point out to you how this is expressed by the site in the hopes that you do feel valued. You are one of the few members we have with the status of Lord. It is not a position which is arrived at easily hence the small number of members who have achieved it. It shows other members your commitment to the site and gives them something to aspire to. How many posts have you read and responded to where new members bemoan their "Newbie" status? You also have your Captains Medal which again seperates you from the "average" member. You were I believe the first member to receive a medal of any form after the moderators. I know you may be feeling a little hurt and disappointed by the decision but you have no need to feel unrespected. Your post regarding you birthday and the subsequent replies should dispell that. I hope you continue to be the valued member that you are. Your posts always cause me to have some kind of reaction and I look forward to that continuing. trulee
Author: bala    Time: 12-20-2007 10:39

thank you we all got medal together but your right those are few thing i have achieved coming to my 6 months. i appreciate advise both you and dan have given me.
Author: Milks26    Time: 12-20-2007 11:18     Subject: Reply 87#87 bala's post

No one on this site should feel disrespected because of their status. Although, being a Moderator carries a lot of respect, like Dan and Trulee said, your current status is difficult to attain and should not be taken likely or disrespected.
Author: casper27    Time: 1-12-2008 03:50

Hi all im sure you've seen me kicking around the site. I would like to formally put my name down for a moderators position when one becomes available. I love this site and am a total addict to the cause, I always try to help new comers to the site and feel I can be of even more help given a little more authority. My favorite genre of programme Sci-Fi although I do have a diverse taste from Action to Comedy. If a post is not available I will be here for the long haul anyways to help out where I can. Thanks in advance and keep up the great service.
Author: bala    Time: 1-12-2008 07:15     Subject: Reply 91#91 casper27's post

you don't enjoy being a member?
Author: casper27    Time: 1-12-2008 11:28     Subject: Reply 92#92 bala's post

I love been a member and will continue to be a good member and ambassador for the site whether I get to be a Mod or not. I just think I would be able to bring more to the site especially now I'm working from home and have a lot of spare time
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2008 03:01     Subject: Reply 93#93 casper27's post

that's good i think you would make a good mod but remember working from home that you don't spend too much time on here otherwise you would let work slip a bit. trust me i know how addictive internet forums are
Author: Milks26    Time: 1-13-2008 08:49

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 1-13-2008 11:01 that's good i think you would make a good mod but remember working from home that you don't spend too much time on here otherwise you would let work slip a bit. trust me i know how addictive internet ...
Take heed of Bala's advice. It's very good.
Author: casper27    Time: 1-13-2008 12:14     Subject: Reply 94#94 bala's post

Point noted thanks for the advice, I think Im at a happy medium now.
Author: bala    Time: 1-14-2008 03:13     Subject: Reply 96#96 casper27's post

it's the least i can do-i wouldn't want you be unemployed like me
Author: shinny    Time: 1-31-2008 17:03

Hi all, well I'd also like to put myself down formally to be considered as a moderator, when a place becomes available. I think you all know me well by now and have seen that I contribute regularly to the site. I enjoy answering the questions around problems and issues, it comes naturally to me to want to help out when I can. I'll go wherever the need arises, but shows I would be passionate about are Prison Break, Samantha Who?, Moonlight (you all know why!!), Medium, Brothers and Sisters, October Road, to name but a few. Thanks Shinny
Author: bala    Time: 1-31-2008 23:48     Subject: Reply 98#98 shinny's post

You do know that once you a moderator you can't enter quizes for other shows? i'm still in doghouse to become a moderator-i think i should give up accept my fate into becoming regular member-at least i can earn loads of points
Author: shinny    Time: 2-1-2008 01:25     Subject: Reply 99#99 bala's post

Hi Bala, I don't think that is true. I remember seeing quizzes open to other mods, but they don't get as many points. One of the mods can clarify that, but that's how I understood it. Besides, the points are just a bonus. The quizzes in themselves are fun.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0