Board logo

Subject: Missing Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-4-2012 14:22     Subject: Missing Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Missing (2012) Premiered on ABC on March 15, 2012

Becca Winstone (Ashley Judd) learns that her son, Michael, disappears while studying abroad, and it's a race against time when she travels to Europe to track him down. A surprising turn of events reveals just how far one mother will go to protect her family. Exotic locations and thrilling twists will keep you riveted in "Missing."

How far would you go to save the only thing you have left in the world? At 8 years old, Michael watched as his father, CIA Agent Paul Winstone, was murdered. Now 10 years later, Paul's wife, Becca, is faced with the reality of her son growing up. When Michael is afforded the opportunity to study abroad, his mother reluctantly agrees it's time to let him go. Just a few weeks into his trip Michael disappears, and Becca immediately suspects foul play. When she arrives in Rome, she begins piecing together the clues left behind. It isn't long before the kidnappers realize they've picked a fight with the wrong woman. Becca Winstone has a secret of her own -- before Paul's death, she was also a lethal CIA Agent. But if she wants to find her son alive, Becca will have to rely on old friends and reopen old wounds. Her resourcefulness, skill and determination will be put to the test – but a mother's love knows no limits.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Missing (2012) Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 07:01 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-4-2012 14:22

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-7-2012 20:10

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-16-2012 23:13 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-8-2012 21:29

Author: bala    Time: 3-9-2012 04:26

Will be watching because Ashley Judd is one of my favourite movie actress but i can't believe she want to risk doing a tv show because i don't think this will last past first season-we have too many similar shows like this that got cancelled.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-9-2012 09:32     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

I think this will be good and I hope that it will be and that it will survive.
Author: bala    Time: 3-9-2012 09:38     Subject: Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

Only time will tell
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2012 19:19

Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-16-2012 01:41

Wow!! I loved that pilot episode.
And they chose the right person to play the deputy chief. I love him!
Looks like they have been following her son for a long time.
I'm curious if her husband was a dubbel agent and he still is alive.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 3-16-2012 04:54     Subject: Reply 9#9 kellemanske's post

I couldn't agree more! loved the show.  Ashley did a great job and it will be just intereting enough with all the web of lies to keep going.  
Doubt he's still alive..... i don't think he would have left michael in a strange country.
Author: bala    Time: 3-16-2012 06:44     Subject: Reply 9#9 kellemanske's post

Well it's time for my opinion and let just say it felt more like a movie than a tv show, at least with 24 you could tell you were watching a tv show and this was very good pilot but so many questions come to mind. The first being why didn't she train her son in self defence?. You would think a person as good as her would at least train her son in some basic fighting technique in case he ever got into trouble?. I understand that she didn't want him to know she was CIA but for someone who is willing to do anything find her son she should of prepared him.

It's clear there more to this but i think son stubbing into the drug operation at the bar and was kidnapped as a result but thinking CIA is behind it was a little ridiculous based on fact they didn't want her. It's clear she is going to cause an international incident. The dad being alive is possible but like you said i don't think he would left his son alone but there is a possibility that he escaped and made sure his son was safe.

Despite all of this it was enjoyable episode to watch.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-16-2012 14:47 ]
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-16-2012 11:08     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

I agree about the drugs. It could be that he found out, but then why did they have pictures of when he was young and from before he left? I agree about the movie thing as well, but I don't mind that that much cause I love movies as well. But I'm happy that we'll get to see more off this and I can't wait to see the next episode.
I just think it will be difficult to keep this up and therefore I hope that they aren't going to fall still in the middle of the season and that it won't become boring.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-22-2012 22:05

Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2012 05:50     Subject: The Hard Drive

Well she so close shame they did get airplane quicker she really need some vehicle and gun to catch up but trying run after a plane was rather ridiculous.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-23-2012 06:03     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

I think she couldn't just let her son go, but the interpol guy came true and getting evidence against the French director was great. I love the story about Hard Drive.
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2012 06:29     Subject: Reply 15#15 kellemanske's post

Well i just hope they keep give her close call with her son or it could get annoying really fast.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 3-23-2012 08:24

Im really enjoying it so far. Bala ur right it will have to move forward tho or it will get tedious.   .
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-23-2012 23:45

But that's kind of the danger in every show, so for now I'm optimistic
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2012 11:32     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

Michael was lucky he forgot his ball but Becca having to listen to that explosion over the phone was terrible, i thought her killing the only lead was great but him being described as a ghost was amusing and ironic considering he is now dead, her beating the cops to the surveillance tape was impressive but the photos going back all those years was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2012 12:25     Subject: 1x02 The Hard Drive

Hard drive being a person was an interesting twist on what you would imagine but putting his family in danger for what turned out to be a trap was terrible and how close she was with the plane was sad
Author: bala    Time: 3-28-2012 09:07     Subject: Ice Queen

Well this certain was great episode having her friend come to rome and surprise her certainly put her in a difficult situation and look like we were right about Father car bomb that it was related to the kidnapping but that girl is one hell of a con-is she working for them or a hostage like him ?. I admit wanting him to touch her was rather amusing since he didn't exactly say no
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-28-2012 13:07     Subject: Reply 21#21 bala's post

I think she is a double, so part of the bad guys, but that she will fall in love with Michael and become a good guy
Or maybe that's just because I love a great love story.
Author: bala    Time: 3-29-2012 04:47     Subject: Reply 22#22 kellemanske's post

What a way keep him distracted
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-29-2012 19:08

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 3-30-2012 08:33

I am glad the friend Knows what's going on now.  It helps bring more stable tea curing characters in.   @kelle. I like a good love story too so hopefully they'll help each other escape and she'll go good.  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-3-2012 06:45     Subject: 1x03 Ice Queen

Becca trying to send Mary home was for her own good but turning up on the boat could of been dangerous and taking the diamonds was impressive, i had a feeling when they said take her out that they were talking about the other woman but Mary finding out the truth was good
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-4-2012 02:17

I have to say, I love to be right.
The son is a smart kid, knowing they wouldn't hurt him.
But it looks like the girl payed the price for it.
I think she really is a prisoner, but has to play a dubbel game to stay alive.
Michael being held by his father certainly explains why they don't want to hurt him.
I wonder how long it's going to take him to figure out that his parents were spies.
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2012 02:58     Subject: Reply 27#27 kellemanske's post

Yeah i had feeling as well but wasn't sure but why keep him as a prisoner ?.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-4-2012 09:44     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

Because the kid would turn against him and run away if he just came out and said he was alive.
And because they have something planned for him and/or his mother.
I think his father needs him to do something, I don't know.
What I wonder is mostly Why now. He has had 10 years the time to do this.
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2012 10:19     Subject: Reply 29#29 kellemanske's post

Those photos suggest he been keeping an eye on them
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2012 23:27

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-5-2012 21:00

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-6-2012 10:36     Subject: Tell me no lies

Hurting the girl because of his mistakes was a great way to make leverage against the boy.

Washington can't seem to make up their mind.  Help/dont' help.  Make a decision.

I called it!!!     The husband didn't die in the fire!!!   GO ME!
Author: bala    Time: 4-6-2012 10:39     Subject: Reply 33#33 arksongbird80's post

She going to be so mad at him wouldn't  want to be in his shoes
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-6-2012 14:19     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

I don't know, in the promo for next episode she looks pretty nice too him and he's the one that has a surprise for her.
Author: bala    Time: 4-11-2012 08:35     Subject: The Three Bears

Well her dream was interesting and even when he had a chance to escape he went back for her suggesting that she does have an effect on him shame he doesn't know she's part of the plan but robbing the bank was fun to see.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-12-2012 01:29     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

he does now she's part of the plan. She told him. But we also found out that she's a victim cause they keep her in check with the insulin. I thought this was a great episode and the cottage was a nice surprise.
The story about the three bears was great.
Author: bala    Time: 4-12-2012 01:34     Subject: Reply 37#37 kellemanske's post

Yes i forgot that she told him but i still think she's playing him but you know what this show is like it give one thing but it's completely different later on. i just don't like her
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-12-2012 08:32     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

I thInk she's aa Victim too.   The girl I don't like I the CIA chick sleeping with the boss. How cliche!   

The story and cottage were great.  Him going back shows his depth of character.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-12-2012 11:45     Subject: Reply 39#39 arksongbird80's post

I agree, the CIA guy lost a part of my respect because of that. Especially with his wife being in Londen waiting for him to come home.
Author: bala    Time: 4-12-2012 11:52     Subject: Reply 40#40 kellemanske's post

That actor always seems casted as a player in most of his roles. From looks of it it look like casual relationship rather than an affair because neither one said i love you to each other just you know what .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-12-2012 19:43

Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-13-2012 00:17     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Yeah, I know it's casual, but maybe that even makes it worse. If he loved her he would at least have a reason for cheating on his wife.
But I love the actor and I still sympathise with his character.
Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2012 00:20     Subject: Reply 43#43 kellemanske's post

thank you for proving my point you would sleep with him if you could ?
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-13-2012 04:15     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

if he was single and I happened to be enjoying his company, maybe
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-17-2012 08:31     Subject: 1x04 Tell Me No Lies

Paul killing his so called assassin and faking his death for over ten years does make him look guilty of being a traitor and I'm not convinced the girl was really hurt because i think she is apart of the kidnapping team who is trying to get close to him
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2012 08:59     Subject: Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

I agree about the girl she's playing him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-17-2012 13:29     Subject: 1x05 The Three Bears

The way they got the contents out the bank with the help of Dax and only time will tell if the girl goes with Michael on the next escape now they have her insulin
Author: bala    Time: 4-19-2012 05:50     Subject: A Busy Solitude

Again so close yet she misses him again can see this is going regular pattern. I mean come on let her find her son and than we can rest of the season focus on what her husband has been doing past 10 years?.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-19-2012 12:32     Subject: Reply 49#49 bala's post

I thought they would get captured together and that would have made a great 2-3 episode story arc.   Ehh I don't mind that she misses him at least for a few more episodes but her being captured by CIA was just *wrong!!!!!   

Anyone else have the feeling the father is being played to get his son back too!!  They are both being manipulated.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2012 20:51

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2012 20:09

Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2012 08:35     Subject: Measure of a Man

Well another good episode and nice recap of a past mission but boy killing his mother was really shocking . Nice frame job
Author: bala    Time: 5-2-2012 05:45     Subject: Answers

Well you just knew they had to have a mole but finding out who they are seem very interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-3-2012 17:26

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 5-5-2012 15:14     Subject: Reply 54#54 bala's post

It made me very mad to find out who person 0 was.     Michael went to willingly to him and then to see the promo and he is so cavalier makes me   mad. grrr  

I'm glad now though that mom and dad are going to be working together!  That's an added bonus.   We'll see how that works out.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2012 11:12     Subject: 1x06 A Busy Solitude

Why on earth did the agent go snooping when she knew the cabin was booby-trap and Paul getting stocks back was to easy and thinking Becca was in the first car would of been to easy, allowing Michael to escape by killing their own guy is obvious another trap of some sort
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2012 12:06     Subject: 1x07 Measure of a Man

What father would brain wash his son to kill his mother but I should of expected something with the van following after the gun chase and that was a hell of way to frame Becca for murder but explained why she set of the explosion in the cabin
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2012 13:20     Subject: 1x08 Answers

The kid who killed his mother growing up to eventually kill his father was great and Michael saving Oksana was nice but Martin being behind it was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2012 20:39

Author: spratt89    Time: 5-12-2012 00:45

Cancelled
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2012 00:55     Subject: Reply 61#61 spratt89's post

What a shame
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 5-12-2012 05:44

ARGGGGG    It was starting to get good!   

I hate that I've invested in these shows only to get Cancelled.    So ANNOYING!!!!!!!  
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2012 06:01     Subject: Reply 63#63 arksongbird80's post

This is normal it's all about budgeting think about how much money this show cost all those different countries location
Author: bala    Time: 5-18-2012 07:39     Subject: Rain on the Evil and on the Good

Well given this was cancellied i would suggest people not watch this episode good news they got the son bad news they leave it on a clifhanger. You would think the network knew they were cancelling this show so why didn't edit the ending to episode ended at moment they got the son?. Just saying it was easy edit they could done but having her go missing
Author: teejaay97    Time: 5-22-2012 05:55

Hey people i am completely hooked on this show , im from australia and i just finished watching the episode  where we find out martin is suspect 0 (soo mad) i think the next episode is ep 10 do you reckon they will finish it at ep 10 here in aus? and do they end up all back together as a family or not?
Author: bala    Time: 5-22-2012 06:02     Subject: Reply 66#66 teejaay97's post

Show has been cancellied
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-22-2012 06:03     Subject: Reply 66#66 teejaay97's post

As the show has been cancelled so late in the first season how ever it ends is going to be disappointing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-1-2012 11:31     Subject: 1x09 Promise

So I was right about the girl being a part of it, she may not of had a choice but she was there to keep him in line and will she do the right thing in telling him is uncle is also a part of the kidnapping team and about time they figured it was Violet who was the traitor
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-1-2012 12:21     Subject: 1x10 Rain on the Evil and on the Good

Paul's escape from prison was a little to easy along with Violet's escape from the van but Becca torturing Violet to find her son was awesome and they should of ended with the family hug because the last couple of minutes spoil it as a finale

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0