Board logo

Subject: Homeland Seasons 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-22-2011 02:41     Subject: Homeland Seasons 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Homeland Premieres on Showtime on October 02, 2011

A taut psychological thriller about a volatile CIA officer (Emmy® winner Claire Danes) who becomes convinced that a recently rescued American POW may be connected to an al Qaeda plot to be carried out on U.S. soil. Mandy Patinkin and Damian Lewis also star.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Homeland Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-23-2017 05:55 ]
Author: bala    Time: 8-22-2011 02:43     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

I am really looking forward to this
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-13-2011 10:12     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

What timing for Scott to ring his wife out of the blue and I'm not surprised she had moved on but Carrie suspicions about a soldier being turned and having his house wired for video and sound should be interesting
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2011 04:25     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I really like the first episode and you right the timing of the call was amusing but i liked that we don't know whether he's a good guy or a bad guy and i can't wait for the next episode.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-22-2011 06:09

I hope Carrie can keep control of herself. It looks like the meds aren't always helping.
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2011 11:24     Subject: Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

Well that the downside we don't know whether she crazy or not they could end the show by making look like a dream
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-10-2011 05:20

this episode was interesting with the new asset. And Brody starting to prey in arabic may support Carrie's theory, too bad she doesn't have any footage.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2011 11:03     Subject: Reply 10#10 kellemanske's post

The new assets was good sideline story-line but doing a naked women interview was rather odd too see i never really seen that on a tv show and i loved how she wasn't uncomfortable but that guy just standing must been difficult as an actor. I have feeling new assets new task is going get her killed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-13-2011 12:59     Subject: 1x02 Grace

That was a strange interview and needing a wax for the prince is taking the interview over the top and it looked like Carrie had forgot about the asset but what she discovered will probably get the asset killed
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2011 08:13     Subject: Clean Skin

Well i love how daughter told her mom off she was right and look on her face when she said it was great. I had feeling the female asset would get killed but not in way i expected it was killed for necklace so that guy could buy a house ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2011 15:08     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

It's a shame that Carrie lied to the asset about the protection but even if there was it was too quick for anyone to stop it but finding out she was killed for the necklace was tragic
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2011 10:22     Subject: Semper I

What was Carrie thinking go to the meeting where she accidently bump into him i thought better at keeping an eye on him without getting compromised but asking her partner to spy on her will be interesting.
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-26-2011 08:21

Breaking: Showtime Renews Homeland

The suspected terrorists have won — and we’re not complaining: Showtime has picked up critical fave Homeland for a second season.

“Homeland is just getting started,” said Showtime president David Nevins. “Clearly, the overall audience growth from week one to week four demonstrates that this show is hitting a nerve in the cultural zeitgeist. Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa have created a psychological thriller that holds special relevance in the post 9/11 world. I’m quite confident that its passionate audience will be riveted as the season unfolds and people discover where this story is going.”

Source
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2011 08:30     Subject: Reply 20#20 spratt89's post

Great news this show has a lot of potential
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-27-2011 07:57     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

Carrie talking to the monitors while Brody was getting dressed was amusing and bumping in to him at the meeting might just pay off but her supervisors will be annoyed if they find out
Author: bala    Time: 10-31-2011 12:58     Subject: Blind Spot

Well him getting revenge on one of the people who torture him was great payback
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-2-2011 14:14     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

You could see Carrie was worried if Brody would let slip about bumping in to him at the meeting and when Brody's was reunion with his captor did he slip him the blade
Author: bala    Time: 11-2-2011 23:11     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

Yeah that the assumption
Author: bala    Time: 11-7-2011 03:03     Subject: The Good Soldier

Seriously a lie dector test for brody he's a solders so obvious he can fool a test but carrie sleeping with him was a surprised she really willing to go above what is required
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-10-2011 07:14     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

It's a shame about the fight at the wake but Mike had to shut him up before Brody heard what he was saying but Brody passing the test about being unfaithful was impressive but them sleeping together i thought was predictable
Author: bala    Time: 11-10-2011 07:27     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Really i thought she was a professional -would she really sleep with someone who you think is a terrorist ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-10-2011 07:32     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

She was drunk but there was a spark between then but her not being able to tell about him being unfaithful without ruining her career must be frustrating
Author: bala    Time: 11-14-2011 07:30     Subject: The Weekend

Well look like she was wrong all along but she really crossed the line and i liked how honest he was with her at the end and she burnt that bridge he would made for a good Allie.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-20-2011 02:47     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

What Carrie said to the guy in the bar i thought was amusing and i wonder what the pills she is taking are for but the slip up about the tea he drinks was an easy mistake to make
Author: bala    Time: 11-20-2011 02:49     Subject: Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

I am liking that we were wrong about him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-20-2011 02:53     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

The next question is did Brody know that Tom was still alive considering he said he killed him
Author: bala    Time: 11-20-2011 02:56     Subject: Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

I think he thought he killed him or made to believe he killed him thank his captors
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-20-2011 02:59     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

That would make sense but when he find out it was Tom that was turned i bet he wishes he had done it for real
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-21-2011 05:49     Subject: 1x08 Achilles Heel

Jessica and Nicholas being groomed at the party was interesting but they suspected everyone was being too nice from the start which was amusing and how nice that they sat down and watched the end of the film with the kids, the team should of listened to Carrie when going after Walker and what did Brody mean it's over
Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2011 00:39     Subject: Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

Well it did look like Brody was part of the attack but now knowing that he's alive means he doesn't have to go through with it , remember he thought killing him made him feel guilty and now he's know he's alive guilt gone.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-22-2011 01:14     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Brody is bound to be the only one that will be able to get to Walker before the assassination but after what Carrie has done it will be hard to get his help
Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2011 01:17     Subject: Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

Well yeah it will be interesting to see what he does.

13 Episodes ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-22-2011 01:21     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

No only 12 finishing 18 December
Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2011 01:22     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Man time is flying by almost 2012
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2011 01:16

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-3-2011 13:31     Subject: 1x09 Crossfire

Brody taking the blame for the football accident while he was reliving his captivity was the turning point of their friendship but what happened to him was tragic and it was obvious the Walker wouldn't let that guy leave
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-8-2011 13:39     Subject: 1x10 Representative Brody

Brody asking Mike to help him talk Jessica around after being asked about running for the disgraced congressman's seat was ironic but at least he has come to terms with their affair thinking he was dead and Walker killing his Washington contact along with all the others was diabolical
Author: bala    Time: 12-12-2011 09:43     Subject: The Vest

Well look like Carrie has lost her mind and no one believe her even through she figured it all out and next week 90 minute episode i cannot wait for it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2011 14:03     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

That explosion did seem to make her hypo and if it's going to be anyone who believes her it will be Saul and Brody's history lesson when he took his family on a trip to Gettysburg was interesting but disappointed he used the trip to collect the vest, Dana getting nosy by looking to see what he hid in the car was unfortunate
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2011 04:39     Subject: 1x12 Marine One

That was obvious why Walker broke into that car but when the officer said something about working along made me think this was a team effort from the start but what a time for the vest to fail and I'm glad Dana got through to him, killing Walker to prove his loyalty and take away the loose link was great and poor Carrie with shock treatment
Author: bala    Time: 12-19-2011 05:35     Subject: Reply 54#54 codebreaker's post

Well this was an extended episode and yeah it's good thing vest failed but if there was going second season it would pointless to kill him off since he's the star of the show. I really feel bad for Carrie since she was right all long but people think she's crazy but it's good thing she convinced the daughter to contact Brody. If there's going to be a second season this really set it up nicely.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2011 05:40     Subject: Reply 55#55 bala's post

This was a brilliant was to setup for another season
Author: bala    Time: 12-20-2011 11:49     Subject: Homeland' finale logs record ratings for Showtime

Homeland finale pulled in highly impressive ratings for Showtime.

The dark drama series, starring Claire Danes and Damian Lewis, concluded with 1.7 million viewers in its 10pm timeslot, growing to over 2m across the night's other airings.

As well as being its highest-rated episode since premiering in the fall, Homeland has become Showtime's best freshman series.

Exec producers Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon have said that the show will change radically in next year's second season, which was commissioned in October.

Homeland's first season will premiere in the UK in the New Year on Channel 4.

Source
Author: shinny    Time: 1-27-2012 11:15

I just watched Season 1 back to back over the past few days and I loved it. Great show, really well written. Looking forward to Season 2 already.....long wait!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-4-2012 20:56     Subject: Homeland Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premieres September 30, 2012

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2012 07:38     Subject: The Smile

Well just when you think everything will go back to normal he gets another message from his leader and his daughter seem got bond with her father but admit that her father a Muslim and his wife finding out was priceless. .
Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2012 08:51     Subject: Beirut is Back

So close but Brody secret text message was rather risky consider who he was in the room with and look like carrie had some evidence in that bag she was carrying.
Author: bala    Time: 10-15-2012 09:41     Subject: State of Independence

Well talk about a bad time to get a flat tire but i am not surprised the tailor freaked out with him taking a phone call from his wife did made it sound like he was talking to someone else. That was one messy killing and with that SD video card hidden mean Carrie was right all along .
Author: bala    Time: 10-22-2012 11:18     Subject: New Car Smell

Well she really couldn't help herself could she now the whole operation is almost ruined
Author: bala    Time: 10-29-2012 09:37     Subject: Q&A

Quite a boring episode apart from hit and run but turning Brody should be interesting.
Author: bala    Time: 11-5-2012 12:02     Subject: A Gettysburg Address

Wow talk about a bloody ambush at the end it good think she faked being killed otherwise they be no witness
Author: bala    Time: 11-19-2012 10:21     Subject: I'll Fly Away

Well Carrie going beyond the call but look like Brody really is in trouble and she can't do anything about it
Author: bala    Time: 12-17-2012 04:26     Subject: The Choice

Well this was one hell of a frame up job and Brody is now on the run but the situation is a lot more complex you just knew something bad was going to happen but you had no idea how big it is.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-20-2012 11:08     Subject: 2x01 The Smile

Dana letting slip about her father religion was unfortunate and Carrie going back to her old life when the asset will only speak to her should be interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-20-2012 12:09     Subject: 2x02 Beirut is Back

I'm glad Carrie's assets information was good considering they wasn't sure but Brody's text message was risky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 00:48     Subject: 2x03 State of Independence

Saul hiding the dummy memory card in the lining of his suitcase was impressive and Brody having to kill the tailor to keep him quiet was a disaster considering he was moving him to keep him safe but you have to feel sorry for Carrie almost about to kill herself
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 01:27     Subject: 2x04 New Car Smell

Brody ringing Carrie while she was watching him was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 02:14     Subject: 2x05 Q&A

Stabbing Brody in the hand was a surprise but his actions make Carrie look normal and Dana asking him to drive faster was bound to have consequence but hitting that women was tragic
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 03:02     Subject: 2x06 A Gettysburg Address

Dana visiting the hospital was risky and I'm not surprised she looked shocked after she was told about calling for a priest and what a blood bath at the tailors just when he was about to find what was behind the wall
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 05:09     Subject: 2x07 The Clearing

I had a feeling Finn had no intention on telling his parents and them trying to cover it up once Dana confessed was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 05:50     Subject: 2x08 I'll Fly Away

Brody having a major meltdown could of ruined the whole operation but Carrie going against Quinn's orders was interesting as they listened to them having sex and Dana being told by the victims daughter to drop it was a surprise until we found out she was paid off
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 11:10     Subject: 2x09 Two Hats

Jessica sleeping with Mike while in the safe house was risky and Peter receiving a phone call after Saul went to see the cop was suspicious
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 11:48     Subject: 2x10 Broken Hearts

Who would of thought Carrie's hunt for Nazir would do a 360 turnaround now he has her held hostage but going back after being released was risky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 12:36     Subject: 2x11 The Motherf--ker with a Turban

Carrie being right again about Nazir still being in the tunnels was impressive considering it had been searched but at leased he is dead now and Saul's career being in jeopardy now he knows they want to kill Brody is going to make the season final interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2012 13:22     Subject: 2x12 The Choice

What Quinn said David when her refused to kill Brody was a surprise and using Brody's car to kill 200 is going to be hard for him to prove his innocents
Author: bala    Time: 8-9-2013 09:47     Subject: Homeland Season 3 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 3 Premieres September 29th, 2013

Discuss Anything About Season 3 HERE

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 8-9-2013 16:42     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

OK, I checked this because I've been having issues with my sound.  I cannot for the life of me get the sound to play on this video, either here or on Youtube.  I tried a couple others from Showtime, and some played with sound and others didn't.  I can't figure out why it works on some and not on others.  Highly frustrating!  I mainly was checking the Homeland ones out to see how Claire looked post-pregnancy on the show.  

My speakers were on, and as I said, worked for some videos and not others.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I use a laptop PC with Win7.

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-2-2013 00:23     Subject: 3x01 Tin Man is Down

Killing the guy hiding under the desk was impressive but shooting the kid with the torch was tragic as he aborted blowing up the car because there was a child inside and what was Dana thinking sending a topless photo of herself to the guy but Saul throwing Carrie under the bus was a surprise

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-8-2013 14:17 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2013 01:21     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Well i like misdirection at start of the episode i was thinking he framed brody with explosive device but later discover that he  built it for mission was nice touch. . Carrie really can't get a break but after newspaper article what could Sal do but sell out Carrie ?. I am surprised he didn't lie and said she was undercover and pretending to be in love with him would of been a better excuse.
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2013 12:20     Subject: Uh... Oo... Aw...

Well this is going get rather annoying how many times is Carrie going mental breakdown?  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-8-2013 06:34     Subject: 3x02 Uh... Oh... Ah...

Saul using Carrie's own problems to push her over the edge does seem to be working for now but she's bound to find away to let the cat out the bag sooner or later and threatening the banker to hand over the information was great
Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2013 11:11     Subject: 3x03 Tower of David

I am going save everyone 40 minutes by saying this Brody is now a heroine addict that's the whole episode.

now you don't have to watch the episode and Carrie trying convince her therapist she not crazy isn't exactly working.

No Brody family drama in this episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-14-2013 11:51     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

I thought she was only using the injection as pain relief after his injury and as he refused the second injection and looked like he stopped the third injection so I wouldn't call him an heroine addict and with him not able to escape perhaps he's hoping  for an overdose instead
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-21-2013 14:02     Subject: 3x04 Game On

I'm surprised Carrie was released so quickly after being denied and having all her money frozen made it even harder but the whole psychiatric thing being a scam organised by Saul was an interesting twist
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2013 06:44     Subject: 3x05 The Yoga Play

That was a very close call for Carrie when she slipped her tail at the yoga class and so much for the surveillance keeping her safe
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2013 12:05     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

To be honest they kidnap her at night it's good thing someone actually kept an eye on her or they wouldn't of known.
Author: bala    Time: 11-4-2013 09:25     Subject: Still Positive

Well Dana changing her name was interesting but her leaving was great way write her out of the show
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-4-2013 14:40     Subject: 3x06 Still Positive

That is some collection of used pregnancy tests Carrie had in her draw and I cant believe they took the murder weapon but left the baby behind just to protect the killer, Dana changing her surname made sense but leaving with only the cloths she was wearing was a little unbelievable
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2013 10:25     Subject: Gerontion

Sal locking his new boss in the Briefing room was rather amusing . I really liked the fact that they showed after effect of what happend in previous episode when cops investigate the murder of two women but getting caught on camera certainly made things a bit complicated and Sal is making use of his 10 days.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-12-2013 13:06     Subject: 3x07 Gerontion

Saul tricking him with a phone to ring the President and then locking him in was amusing and trying to contain the local police investigation was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 05:24     Subject: 3x08 A Red Wheelbarrow

Shooting Carrie to stop her blowing the mission was a drastic step especially known it was an assassination of the bomber
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 06:23     Subject: 3x09 Horse and Wagon

Saul making Brody go cold turkey for his own gain was cruel and Carrie taking him to see Dana working in the motel was a smart way to get him to do what she wants him to do but Dana's reaction must of hurt
Author: bala    Time: 11-25-2013 07:21     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Yes that was tough for Brody but what a way bring him back from nowhere into this series
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-12-2013 09:10     Subject: 3x10 Good Night

So much for pretending to have car trouble to keep them safe but at least the safe word worked and I'm not surprised Brody's fragile condition threatened the operation but nothing like driving over a mine
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-12-2013 09:49     Subject: 3x11 Big Man in Tehran

Moving Brody just as they had organised his extraction plan certainly made things more awkward but trying to kill Brody when the mission went pear shaped could of made thing that much worse
Author: bala    Time: 12-12-2013 10:15     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Yes this was certainly some spontaneous action by Brody in complete his mission i can't wait to see how he escape
Author: bala    Time: 12-15-2013 01:53     Subject: 3x12 The Star

Man this was disappointing how will this series continue without the main character but that was nice thing Carrie did with the star
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-22-2013 15:23     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Brody being thrown under the bus after completing the mission was disappointing and Carrie watching him die was sad but adding her own star on the wall was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-5-2014 02:20     Subject: Homeland Season 4 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 4 Premieres October 05, 2014

Discuss Anything About Season 4 Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-19-2014 09:15 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2014 20:45

Homeland Season 4: Tease
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-1-2014 07:10     Subject: Debrief

This was a good recap of the first three seasons and look at season 4
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-6-2014 02:02

Homeland Season 4: Trailer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-6-2014 02:05

Homeland Season 4: Next on Episode 1
Homeland Season 4: Next on Episode 2
Homeland Season 4: Next on Episode 3

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-12-2014 16:41 ]
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2014 09:46     Subject: 4x01 The Drone Queen

I was curious what this season is going to be guess they went Drone strike storyline which has really been done to death this show is a bit late with this and how the hell did she become section chief considering her bi-polar condition not really best person to put in charge of managing drone strike ?.
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2014 09:48     Subject: 4x02 Trylon and Perisphere

Carrie trying to drown her baby was a close call glad to see she hasn't completely lost her humanity but she has become a lot less emotional it like she flip the switch doesn't care much but getting to bottom of this situation look like it's right up her ally.
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2014 08:38     Subject: 4x03 Shalwar Kameez

Carrie asking Saul for help was nice but she didn't expect him hand delver her support and than asking for him help lift the ban was amusing as she finds out he was once engaged to her . That was one hell approach to get the boy her contact details.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2014 11:05

Homeland Season 4: Next on Episode 4
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2014 12:04     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Carrie making the decision on the drone strike had tragic results but she was only going on intelligence of a high value target and what bad timing to be out one the street with his face all over the news
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2014 13:48     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

The punk in the dinner having his head bounced off the table was great as he might think twice about insulting someone else and sad to think after only one day with her daughter Carrie couldn't wait to leave the country
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2014 00:56     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

The way Carrie got Sandy's job was bound to ruffle some feathers and then questioning why he was on the street when his face was on the news made sense as they had a leak but what Peter discovered was surprising

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0