Board logo

Subject: Against The Wall Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 7-26-2011 11:28     Subject: Against The Wall Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

"Against the Wall" follows the trials and tribulations of Abby Kowalski (Carpani), a single Chicago police officer who finally scores her dream job as a detective; but it turns out a nightmare for her close knit family of cops. As the newest hire in the department’s Internal Affairs division, Abby suddenly finds herself at odds with her fellow officers, including her father and three brothers. She must now figure out how she can pursue her dream of being a detective while keeping her family intact. Williams and Baker star as Abby’s parents Don and Sheila. Rounding out the cast as her brothers are Brandon Quinn ("Entourage") as Richie, Steve Byers ("Smallville") as Steve and James Thomas (Covert Affairs) as Donnie. Additionally, Marisa Ramirez ("Spartacus: Gods of the Arena") stars as Abby’s partner Lina Flores, Daniel Kash ("The Dresden Files") is her boss Lieutenant Papadol, Andrew Walker ("Maybe It’s Me") plays Richie’s partner Brody, Mayko Nguyen (Lifetime’s "Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy") is Abby’s neighbor Mackie Phan and Chris Johnson ("The Vampire Diaries") appears as Danny Mitchell, a lawyer and old friend of Abby’s.

Source
Author: bala    Time: 7-26-2011 11:29     Subject: Against the Wall - New Lifetime Series Preview

Author: bala    Time: 7-26-2011 11:37     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

I am really excited about this i can't wait for this the promo look great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2011 00:52     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

The first available banner

Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 01:17     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I am really excited about this show can you imagine being internal Affairs when all your family are cops
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2011 01:36     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

It does look good
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 01:49     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Found a better banner
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 01:54     Subject: Sneak peak

Author: bala    Time: 8-1-2011 00:34     Subject: Pilot

Well let see what happends now if her job wasn't difficult enough she know has investigate her brother shooting a person. I had a feeling this would happen eventually but end with that clif hanger was great because it makes you want to watch the next episode. It wasn't bad episode and her clumsiness would certainly has it's amusing moments. Her booty call to her brother cop partner was amusing   .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-5-2011 04:54     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

I can understand why she took the only detective position going but not telling the family and the way they found out was amusing and the booty call was priceless but he must of started to feel used
Author: bala    Time: 8-5-2011 04:56     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

i can't wait until brother finds out
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2011 01:40     Subject: Rain drop keep falling

Well the second episode was good but it was rather stupid to go IA when you are the mole and ask them investigate it. i had a feeling it was her but i couldn't believe i was right. Her brother look like reacted ok but his partner look like he planted the gun.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-8-2011 08:22     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

she had to go to IA because of the superintendant. I'm really starting to like this show!!
I agree about the partner. He looked like he planted the gun and saying he had his partners back to the sis was also suspicious. But I think her brother was right to shoot and I really hope he'll get cleared. Not taking his union rep with him when he had his interrogation was stupid, especially with the guys reputation. And the father defending his daughter was nice. She really needs to learn how to let people in. The lawyer looks like a decent guy. I love the way Shaun thanked her and that's at least one cop who doesn't think bad about IA.
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2011 08:40     Subject: Reply 13#13 kellemanske's post

Yeah it starting to grow on me as well . i like the fact she's very independent and throw the beer bottle at guy was funny. Well she proved he wasn't a mole so of course he was thankful. Was it just me or wasn't her IA  partner pregnant in the first episode.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-9-2011 07:29     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

she was, she still had 3 months to go. I didn't pay attention to it, was there something wrong?
Author: bala    Time: 8-15-2011 07:34     Subject: We Have a Cop in Trouble Here

Well another good episode sad to think that wife hired someone kill him but he got what he deserved but the father trying to get back on him with traffic tickets was ok and now he's forced be a single parent .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-16-2011 10:53     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

Abby's father hitting that cop in the locker room was great but trying to frame her boyfriend was cold hearted
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-16-2011 11:36     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

The brother making fun of Abby over her birth control pills and Abby hiding under the bed was amusing but Sheila visiting the mother of the boy Richie shot and giving money for the funeral could of made thing awkward for her son
Author: bala    Time: 8-16-2011 11:37     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

i have a feeling it will backfire on her and she might sue them
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-16-2011 11:43     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

I don't see how when he was trying to steel money for his mother to pay the rent
Author: bala    Time: 8-16-2011 11:47     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Yes i agree but you know lawyers they will twist the facts to make it look like she thought her son was responsible and money she gave her was hush money to make sure her son didn't get in trouble. .
Author: bala    Time: 8-22-2011 03:00     Subject: The Fifth Body

Well finding the body was challenge but they got it but joining the fire team for the football match was amusing when it turned into massive fight
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-22-2011 03:52     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

I liked the firefighter saying that she sure has an effect on people
Author: bala    Time: 8-22-2011 03:53     Subject: Reply 23#23 kellemanske's post

I have say she really is a determined person
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-28-2011 11:51     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

That was a twisted Internet video with the missing body but Abby and Lina searching for the body to ensure that the murderer doesn't go free was interesting and the game turning into a fight was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2011 12:08     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

Well i loved his reaction when she told him how many view the video got
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-28-2011 12:10     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

Its surprising that a video like that would be so popular
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2011 12:14     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

You know it's teenagers who would watch that video
Author: bala    Time: 8-29-2011 02:56     Subject: Baby, Did a Bad Thing

Well it was about time her brother found out his partner was doing his sister but that chase was amusing.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-29-2011 06:47     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

I thought the conversation between Abby and her mother at the end of the episode was great. And I love Abby's friend!!
Carlos being a part of this episode was also a nice touch. but treatening the dirty cop is going to come back at her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-5-2011 11:43     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

Abby strong arming Lina's husband was great and Richie chasing Brody down the street was amusing but Abby's mother saying she glad she's having a sex life was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-5-2011 12:22     Subject: 1x06 Obsessed and Unwanted

Richie being partnered with an old family friend was amusing but he suspects she is playing fast and loose with the law and who shot the female police psychiatrist was a surprise
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-5-2011 12:35

I loved the sidestory with Richie and this wife having a baby.
Author: bala    Time: 9-10-2011 23:45     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was a surprise but that problem with jealously .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-19-2011 10:33     Subject: 1x07 Countdown to Meltdown

The double standards of Abby's family is amusing considering they are mad at her for joining I.A. but then they want her help because she is the brainy one and nice result after investigating 911 scam but the adoption was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 9-25-2011 12:07     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Trust Abby to find that secret
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-26-2011 08:12     Subject: 1x08 Memories We Fear

Saint Michael did a great job at protecting Abby and she did a good job in protecting the photographer
Author: bala    Time: 10-2-2011 02:25     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was another good episode but i like Abby's relationship with her father is improving.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-6-2011 02:36     Subject: 1x09 Lead on Me or Die

Fair play to Brody in getting advice from Abby's mother on how to woo Abby but i must admit his date was impressive and interesting case with the undercover Internal Affairs officer posing as a stripper
Author: bala    Time: 10-9-2011 07:15     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

yeah it was great go back to side-line story about undercover stripper but she really saved Abby life at the end
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2011 11:06     Subject: Boys are Back

Well that was one hell of a wedding bawl but that bride caused that but seriously on the day of the wedding you decided do that in the toilets. Finding out who was responsible was rather tricky and it's good thing they video footage otherwise they would figure it out.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-13-2011 11:41     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Don sending Steve to pull over Mackie's new man was a disaster and them spoiling the cops game of cards was amusing but what Rob did to the bride and then Vicky was diabolical and he got what he deserved but it's a shame it was only a broken leg
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2011 08:10     Subject: Wonder What God’s Up To

Well Abby's surprise birthday was interesting but having both her boyfriends turn up at party was priceless. So she shot the wrong man and i am glad it wasn't the priest
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-21-2011 01:37     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

John's mother killing the priest was sad considering it was her husband who abused him and Abby's surprise birthday was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2011 10:17     Subject: Second Chances

This was good episode and what a good thing she had a gun to protect herself. That what one awful haze just because you resented the recruit's father was awful she didn't deserve to be put in the hospital.
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2011 10:19     Subject: We Protect Our Own

What a great season finale and it will be interesting to see who Abby chooses . It's a good thing the wife woke up otherwise they would arrested her husband
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-27-2011 02:51     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

The so called hazing at a the police-recruitment academy was diabolical but going after his daughter because of her father was sad and it was a good job Sheila had the gun but what a woos Gus was being scared to take one more step
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-27-2011 03:35     Subject: Reply 46#46 bala's post

I liked what Danny said about getting back in the game but Abby must love have two men competing for her attention and the Kowalski's catching the killer was great but Abby going in the lift and delivering the baby was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2011 01:09

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-14-2011 13:29     Subject: Lifetime cancels 'Against the Wall'

Lifetime has canceled first-year drama series "Against the Wall."
With only 1.6 million viewers tuning in weekly for the 13-episode run, the femme-skewing cabler believed the show didn't have much of a future going forward.

Skein, from creator Annie Brunner and Universal Cable Prods., starred Rachael Carpani as a Chicago cop who joins the department's internal affairs division. Co-stars included Treat Williams, Kathy Baker and Andrew Walker.

"Against the Wall" drew only 1.8 million for its premiere episode July 31, with "Drop Dead Divas" as a lead-in.

Lifetime, under the helm of Nancy Dubuc, has ordered a handful of pilots recently, including the Renee Zellweger-produced "Cinnamon Girl," Eric Stoltz and Ally Sheedy in "Modern Love," and Neve Campbell in "Sworn to Silence," which will run as a telepic.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047322?refCatId=4154
Author: kellemanske    Time: 12-14-2011 16:16

nooooo, who did she choose?

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0