Board logo

Subject: The Voice General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-1-2011 23:41     Subject: The Voice General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About The Voice Here

The show will feature four celebrity artists who will put together teams of singers who they’ll coach and mentor throughout the competition. Week by week, individuals will be eliminated until each celebrity has only one person on their team left to compete for the title of “The Voice of America,” in a live finale.

Unlike American Idols’ lengthy audition process, the celebrity mentors will select their team members via a blind audition, so they’ll only be able to hear their voices.

The show will have three stages of competition–the blind audition, a battle phase, and the live performance shows. Viewers will take part in the show by casting votes to help determine the finalists, who are competing for the grand prize–a recording contract.

Click Here For The Voice About

Click Here To Watch The Voice on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 16:19 ]
Author: kellemanske    Time: 7-2-2011 02:12

I've watched all the episodes. And although I sometimes didn't agree with the choises of the coaches, I think that Javier Colon deserved to win.
But when the live shows started: two hour episodes + one hour result show was a bit to much for me. I would have rather had an hour less.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-2-2011 03:37     Subject: Reply 2#2 kellemanske's post

I watched them all as well and i must admit the blind auditions was a great idea but i then started to watch them in the background while i was doing something else
Author: kellemanske    Time: 7-2-2011 13:07     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I think that because of the blind auditions, you get some other great singers then you get with shows like Idol. Now it really was about the voice (or at least in the beginning) and that way they couldn't be prejudiced against the singers that don't fit the beauty picture. Cause (at least her in belgium) the ones in idol are usually cute or pretty and there voice isn't always great.
Author: shinny    Time: 7-13-2011 04:12

I just got done watching all the episodes. I much preferred this to the likes of Idol or X-factor.

The blind auditions were great, but I liked how the coaches sang with their teams etc. Just a much better set up.

Xfactor US is going to have problems because of the The Voice. Pretty much the same premise (for those of you who have seen the original Xfactor) and for me, The Voice is better at doing it.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-30-2011 20:37     Subject: Reply 5#5 shinny's post

I watched it on TV and loved it.  I really enjoyed the entire premise, and the fact that they didn't set an age limit on talent.  It was fun and entertaining, and even the artists that didn't win got to make a lot of connections and be exposed to a whole new batch of fans.  I like AI alright - though this was the 1st season I'd watched fully in a few years, but this was more fun.
Author: erickalkhurst    Time: 10-5-2011 01:05     Subject: Forbidden

I am trying to download the finals and it will bring on the real time window but will not load. then it says "Forbidden". Got any ideas why? a friend of mine can down load it at her house , but not here
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-8-2012 14:18     Subject: 2x01 The Blind Auditions, Part 1

RaeLynn picking Blake was obvious considering she sang one of his wife's songs and what a decision Jesse had with all four judges turning around, Adam pushing Cee Lo's button for Tony was amusing but it was amazing Christina eventually recognised him from the Mickey Mouse Club
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-8-2012 15:53     Subject: 2x02 The Blind Auditions, Part 2

I'm glad Cee-Lo turned around for Jamar considering how big a fan he was of him and being on his team was obvious, Kim being Adam's first team member was great, Lindsey going with Christina's team was great and Jermaine being a back-up singer for Alicia Keys with a personal message from her was great but i expected him to join Cee-Lo's team instead of Blake
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-8-2012 20:33     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

I liked that Jermaine went with the unexpected choice.  I also like that Blake isn't just interested in country artists, but good ones.  I'm enjoying this season so far, which is nice, as 2nd seasons aren't always as good since you kind of know what to expect.  With this show though, I like to listen rather than watch, so I can gauge the voices too, and I love that the talent pool is so rich.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2012 12:49     Subject: 2x03 The Blind Auditions, Part 3

The way the kept the identity of the first artist, Sarah secret until Cee Lo pushed his button was great and Erin had a interesting voice but Chris Cauley asking the boys to arm wrestle was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-21-2012 15:56     Subject: 2x04 The Blind Auditions, Part 4

Charlotte has an unusual surname but getting all four to turn around was impressive and Nicolle being a country singing who was a classically trained pianist and successful songwriter was interestingly different, Mathai had a nice voice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-8-2012 12:03     Subject: 2x05 The Blind Auditions, Part 5

Cheesa was lucky that Adam talked Cee-Lo in to pushing his button with only seconds to go and Lee Koch was also lucky Christina liked the harmonica
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-8-2012 13:54     Subject: 2x06 The Battles Begin

Kelly Clarkson and Miranda Lambert for Team Blake were what the girls needed and RaeLynn paired up against Adley was a tough call but RaeLynn winning was a surprise, Christina choosing Chris and Monique to perform Celine Dion's "The Power of Love." was interesting considering how different their singing styles are
Author: fo_ogun1    Time: 3-11-2012 11:53     Subject: 2x06 The Battles Begin

Rae Lynn winning was not a surprise, it was a travesty. But like the food industry, it seems you can feed anything to the public and they swallow!! Adley should have won, if the contest as it is named 'the voice' stayed true to it's precepts.....but this is the real world and reality can be warped! They kept the best sing off till last....Jesse and Andrew.....now that was something....I loved that pairing and boy did they tear up that Alesha Keys song.....and I don't even like Alesha Keys!! And just look at the judges reactions....no words needed!!
Author: fo_ogun1    Time: 3-14-2012 02:35     Subject: 2x07 The next Battle?

Shouldn't the next battle have been posted?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-22-2012 14:42     Subject: 2x07 The Battles, Week 2

Another good episode and Cee-Lo comment about Lee looking like Jesus was amusing but a shame he never made it through to the live round
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-23-2012 03:13     Subject: 2x08 The Battles, Week 3

ALyX had a tough pairing with Jermaine but then again i think anyone against him would have a hard time and what a brave decision for Erin to stay with her father being so ill but it was the right decision
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2012 14:28     Subject: 2x09 The Final Battles

James getting a unanimous vote with his face off with WADE was nice and well deserved. Nicolle loosing the piano was probably the right decision but put her out of her comfort zone so Mathai winning was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2012 22:08     Subject: 2x10 Live Performance, Week 1

As the first live performance goes it was pretty good and Betty White promoting her new show from the audience was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2012 09:42     Subject: 2x11 Live Eliminations

Jermaine Paul, RaeLynn, and Erin Willett from team Blake's and Jesse Campbell, Chris Mann and Lindsey Pavao from team Christinaare all safeall safe until the next round was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2012 11:40     Subject: 2x12 Live Performances, Week 2

I do like the unique voices of Erin Martin, Mathai  and Juliet Simms and for Adam to say Juliet has the best voice so far was great but Jamar Rogers being out shone by his backing guitarists on stilts was unfortunate but the were impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2012 12:26     Subject: 2x13 Live Eliminations

Jessie J opening the show with her version of " Domino." was great considering she is on the UK version of this show, Mathai, Tony Lucca, Pip, Jamar Rogers, Juliet Simms, and James Massone being saved was great and disappointed Erin was one of the four sent home
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2012 14:06     Subject: 2x14 Live Quarter-Final Performances (1)

All the singing with their coaches was great and what a way for one of them to celebrate her 18th birthday but the two live eliminations was different and put the coaches on the spot
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2012 14:54     Subject: 2x15 Quarterfinals Live Eliminations

America saving the two guy and leaving the four girls to sing for a place was a surprise and emotional Christina saving Lindsey was nice but i was surprised RaeLynn was sent home
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2012 11:24     Subject: 2x16 Live Quarter-Final Performances (2)

Juliet Simms costume with the big wing was a little distracting but dropping the feathers while she was still singing was crazy because it looked like she knelt down so not to get them in her mouth and Pip not being so lucky this time was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2012 12:09     Subject: 2x17 Live Eliminations (4)

I am disappointed that America saving the two guy again for a second time and leaving the four girls to sing for the available places, I had a feeling that Adam would save Katrina after their last performances but CeeLo saving Juliet was expected after Cheesa's performance
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2012 13:35     Subject: 2x18 Live Semi-Final Performances

Carson explaining the format that all eight artists will perform tonight, after which the polls will open and America will vote makes for an interesting show but Juliet Simms singing James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World." was great and the applause was incredible
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2012 14:30     Subject: 2x19 Live Semi-Final Eliminations

Juliet Simms being the only girl going to the final was a nice surprise as America love the guys this season
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2012 15:58     Subject: 2x20 Final Performances

Each of them singing three songs tonight: a solo performance, a duet with their coach's and a thank you solo song sung in tribute to their coaches was a great formate for the penultimate season finale but disappointed the season finale is not up yet as it aired almost a week ago
Author: shinny    Time: 5-14-2012 04:08     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Me too. I just sent a PM to lbjedward about it. Hopefully it'll be up soon.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-15-2012 07:08     Subject: Reply 31#31 shinny's post

Thanks for reminding lbjedward about the missing season finale
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 02:12     Subject: 2x21 Live Finale: WINNER is announced!

Congratulations to Jermaine Paul when they reveal that he is the new champion but it was predictable a guy would win for a while, Juliet coming second was a pleasant surprise, all the singing compilations made for a great finale but The Parks and Recreation cast doing a special scene with CeeLo and the special Voice chairs with Ron Swanson was amusing
Author: shinny    Time: 5-16-2012 03:43     Subject: Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

Delighted for Jermaine. He deserved it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 08:07     Subject: Reply 34#34 shinny's post

It was a great result but him being a back-up singer for Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige he had a good start
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2012 09:42     Subject: 3x01 The Blind Auditions, Part 1

Garrett's personal story was sad and also being the first to not get a response didn't help, Devyn chosing one of Christina's song knowing full well that it's a huge risk was brave and choosing Christina as her coach was nice, Daniel being picked second time around was great and Anita singing a Bob Marley's classic was different as she sang a second time after the judges failed to turn around, Jessica Sharpe not getting a response from the judges was sad as it was the first time she left her home town
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2012 10:19     Subject: 3x02 The Blind Auditions, Part 2

I'm glad Adriana got a chance after the terrible tragedy where her family was held hostage in a prolonged extortion attempt and Ryan Fogerty failing to get a response after a recommendation from LeAnn Rimes was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2012 10:56     Subject: 3x03 The Blind Auditions, Part 3

What a surprising voice Samuel has and the former boy band member Chris Trousdale not being able to get a response was unfortunate but Blake getting on stage was amusing, Alison and her daughter Crystal was great for the first double and I thought Domo was a little to forward for my liking
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2012 12:16     Subject: 3x04 The Blind Auditions, Part 4

Melanie Martinez, the 17-year-old photographer and singer was a great start to this episode and after Cupid had them dancing backstage but not getting a response from the judges was unfortunate considering CeeLo knew him and Blake trying to convince Brian to join his team was amusing, Carson inviting Tyler Lillestol to the audition from the Dodger Stadium was nice but I'm not surprised nobody turned around, JR having five million hits on youtube was impressive, Agina not making it was a surprised considering she had a recording contract at age 10 and Avery finishing Part 4 was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2012 12:51     Subject: 3x05 The Blind Auditions, Part 5

Trevanne Howell being the first from part 5 to fail was unfortunate and I'm glad Collin quitting school was the right move, Mycle Wastman telling the tragic tale of losing both his parents at a young age was sad but being the last one to be picked in this episode was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2012 07:00     Subject: 3x06 The Blind Auditions, Part 6

Michelle was a great start to this episode and choosing Adam was great but why Christina waiting till the last note was interesting and Lauren Brooke performance being the first not to get a response from the coaches was unfortunate, not showing the 16-year-old Michaela Paige auditions was disappointing considering Blake was impressed and Blake saying that Dez reminds him of a young Elvis was interesting but VJ not getting a response after singing CeeLo's song was disappointing but getting up on stage with him was nice, Alexis Marceaux being picked after her sad back-story was nice and Terisa Griffin finishing off the episode was nice and her asking the questions was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2012 07:34     Subject: 3x07 The Blind Auditions, Part 7

Sylvia choosing Christina as her coach was a nice start to this episode and IJ Quinn being the first to fail was unfortunate, Carson surprising Charlie Rey at his job was nice and Amanda Brown joining  CeeLo's team should be interesting but Yolanda not getting picked was disappointing because I thought she had a nice voice and Cassadee's performance was great and having the choice of all coaches was a good end to the episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2012 09:48     Subject: 3x08 The Blind Auditions, Part 8

15-year-old Nathalie Hernandez was a great start for this episode and glad she joined Christina's team but Adam and Blake fighting over Caitlin was amusing, Chevonne having a choice between CeeLo and Blake was nice and Kayla's background story was sad but Kayla deciding to go with Team Adam was a surprise and Celica choosing Christina after what Blake said was a surprise, Jessica Cayne's back ground story was sad but as this is the last blind audition the coaches are more choosy and Cody Belew being the final artist of the night was lucky to get CeeLo's last spot but he was overjoyed which was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2012 10:29     Subject: 3x09 The Best of The Blind Auditions

Nice recap of the best auditions and looking forward to the steal option in the battle rounds
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2012 11:37     Subject: 3x10 The Battles Premiere, Part 1

Terry and Casey being the first in the battle round was a great start but CeeLo and Blake stealing Collin after Adam picked Terry was interesting as he could choose between the two for his new coach, Gracia winning over the duo 2 Steel Girls was a surprise to her but she was great and CeeLo had a tough choice with Trevin and Amanda knowing the other three coaches were ready to steal the one he didn't pick
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2012 04:56     Subject: 3x11 The Battles Premiere, Part 2

I'm not surprised Cody was worried going up against DOMO with her sexy moves and outfit but Cody winning was a nice surprise, Nathalie not making it was unfortunate, Melanie and Caitlin both having an off day before their performance was interesting considering the other coaches were reluctant to pick a winner but Melanie winning and Caitlin having the choice with two hitting the steal button was a nice end to this episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2012 06:01     Subject: 3x12 The Battles Continues, Part 3

Terisa being stolen after Julio won was a nice start and Paulina not being stolen was sad but the battle between Benji and Sam was amusing, Nicholas being called saint Nick when he won was amusing considering his look and what tough decision between Lelia and Suzanna but with the coaches being limited with their steal nobody picking up Lelia after Suzanna won was unfortunate and Sylvia winning after a tough decision from Christina but Lelia having another chance after being stolen was a nice end to this episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2012 06:45     Subject: 3x13 The Battles Continues, Part 4

Nicole in tears after loosing was sad but tough choice as the girls sang Blake's wife's song and the two 17-year-olds Kayla and Alessandra was another good pairing but Christina slaming on her button to save Alessandra was a great decision after Kayla was picked as the winner, CeeLo pitting Emily against Mackenzie was an interesting choice but Mackenzie's father being loud and proud was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2012 07:19     Subject: 3x14 The Battles Continues, Part 5

Alexis being worried because Daniel have been here before was interesting as she was right when Daniel was picked and Adam making the call  to allow Nicole's to move forward was great, MarissaAnn being the youngest having to make  her farewell speech to her coaches was sad but Blake stealing her away and keep her in the competition was a nice end to the episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2012 08:04     Subject: 3x15 The Final Battles

Christina teaming up former waitress Adriana and former Disney star Jordan was a great way to start the episode and Christina giving the nod to Adriana when Adam and Blake think Jordan had the edge was interesting but with Christina having the only steal left, Jordan went home, Kelly and Michaela stage performance was amusing with the dirty looks but Christina wastes no time in stealing Chevonne with her last steal was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2012 10:09     Subject: 3x16 The Knockouts, Part 1

Adam choosing Joselyn, Bryan, Amanda, Loren and Melanie to move ahead was a nice start to the episode and along with CeeLo choosing Cody, MacKenzie, Trevin, Nichola and Diego to move ahead was an interesting end to part 1
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2012 11:44     Subject: 3x17 The Knockouts, Part 2

Christina choosing Devyn, Adriana, Dez, De'Borah and Sylvia to move ahead was great and Blake choosing Liz, Terry, Michaela, Julio and Cassadee to move ahead was great way to finish the knock-out rounds
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-31-2012 14:08     Subject: Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

I think Blake should have picked MarissaAnn over Julio.  She really nailed it, and I thought she did a better performance than Julio.  I think even Julio was surprised that Blake picked him.  Other than that, I agree with most of the choices the judges made.  Some were so tight that they could have gone either way, so it was just a matter of personal preference.  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-7-2012 14:51     Subject: 3x18 Live Playoffs, Part 1

Having Adam and Blake's teams joining forces for the opening number was nice and every time I see Melanie's unique look the more I like her, Liz singing Independence Day was an interesting choice considering what's happening in the US  and Michaela being the judges favourite so far was nice, Amanda closing the night was great but how you pick your favourite would be tough
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2012 05:20     Subject: 3x19 Live Playoffs, Part 2

Cody Belew being Blake's wife's favourite was nice and Blake saying Nicholas shouldn't sound like that with his looks was amusing, Dez getting all the screams from the audience was great and Trevin finishing the episode makes picking the best hard
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2012 06:43     Subject: 3x20 Live Playoffs, Results

Blake blowing his own trumpet about his team was amusing and Amanda and Bryan being save by America made a tough decision for Adam to chose Melanie, Terry McDermott and Cassadee Pope also  being save by America made a tough decision for Blake to chose Michaela. Sylvia and Dez being save by America on Christina's team made it hard for her to chose Adriana, Trevin and Nicholas  being save by America on CeeLo's team made it hard for him to chose Cody
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2012 12:24     Subject: 3x21 Live TOP 12 Performances

Michaela starting the night off was great and Dez singing "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." was amusing, Bryan getting all the praises from the coaches was great and Melanie emotional performance was great, Nicholas singing "The Power of Love." was great and Terry closing out the night with the crowd cheering its approval was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2012 13:40     Subject: 3x22 Live Results Show

Nicholas having a fan wanting a photo while in the bathroom was amusing and America having voted to have Sylvia and Bryan move on to next week's shows was great, Dez and Bryan performing with Jason Aldean was interesting and this time it's Nicholas and Dez who have been saved was good and Trevin and Cassadee also being saved by America plus Terry and Amanda who are also safe for next week was great but Adriana and Michaela being the ones to go home was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2012 16:22     Subject: 3x23 Live Top 10 Performances

Sylvia was on fire with her performance as the first artist followed by Terry singing "Summer of '69." on his tip toes was amusing and Cody's performance was awesome and Nicholas being so different is still impressive, Cassadee did a gret job at singing "Over You" which was co-written by Blake and Miranda as a tribute to Blake's older brother who was killed in a car wreck and Dez performing a Broadway classic, "Feeling Good." was a great end to the night
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2012 17:01     Subject: 3x24 Live Results Show

Dez and Sylvia taking to the stage to sing yet another hit from Christina’s new album, “Lotus.” was nice start to the episode and what a tribute that Cassadee singing Blake and Miranda's poignant hit, "Over You." got to number one on itunes, Nicholas and Cassadee being the first two artists saved tonight was great followed by America’s next two saves, Cody and Dez which was nice. The next artist saved is Melanie followed by Terry and then the final two saved artist are Trevin and Amanda so we say goodbye to Bryan and Sylvia.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 08:49     Subject: 3x25 The Top 8 vocalists perform

Adam Levine opening collaboration was great and the group performances were awesome, Melanie looked uncomfortable with Adam's comments about her personal life but Terry's wife and son surprise visit was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 09:45     Subject: 3x26 Live Results Show

Cassadee being the first saved followed by Amanda was nice and the performance with the Muppet's was amusing, another good group performances and Melanie being the next saved followed by Nicholas was great but sad to see Cody and Dez going home
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 10:50     Subject: 3x27 Top 6 Perform Live

The remanding six performing twice made an interesting change
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 11:24     Subject: 3x28 Live Results Show

Terry being the first saved followed by Trevin was interesting and the duets while we what to find who goes home were great especially Melanie and Nicholas but sad to see Melanie and Amanda going home
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 11:59     Subject: 3x29 Live Semi-Final

Finding out only one will be going home tomorrow was predictable as there is only one more week to go, Them all going home going home to see family and friends before their performance was nice and Blake's performance with team Blake was awesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 12:39     Subject: 3x30 Semi-Final Results

As usual some great singing but from past contestants was great and I liked Cassadee and Terry duet and also glad Cassadee made it to the final being the only girl left but Trevin going home was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 13:21     Subject: 3x31 Live Final Performances

Cassadee, Nicholas and Terry being the three finalist was impressive and all their performances were great but mini Cee Lo was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2013 14:23     Subject: 3x32 Live Finale Winner Revealed

Another great finale with all kinds of music from all kinds of great artists and a new car for the three finalists was nice but they were all worthy winners but Cassadee winning being the last girl was awesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2013 13:42     Subject: 4x01 The Blind Auditions Premiere

The coaches kicking off the season with a group performance was nice as it's becoming a tradition and the identical twin sisters being the first act was a great start, Jess Kellner taking the stage next was impressive as she had two judges turn around in seconds and the final act of the night being Judith Hill was great as she had all four coaches want her, badly
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2013 14:04     Subject: 4x02 The Blind Auditions, Part 2

Josiah Hawley singing Sunday Morning was great but picking Usher as his coach was a surprise and I was gob-smacked Ryan Hayes and Jon Lewis had all four coaches turned around, Cathia singing the first Spanish number was a nice surprise and the final artist of the night Sarah having the choice of all four coaches was a great way to end the night
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2013 15:07     Subject: 4x03 The Blind Auditions (3)

Both Shakira and Usher turning around for Taylor Beckham was great and what a change form the U.S. Olympic gymnastics team, Garrett from last season being picked by Shakira made it all worth while and what a shame Blake didn't turn around for Julie as he knew her and she was singing one of his songs, Monique was great and revealing that she met Shakira as a child it was obvious she would pick her
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2013 15:30     Subject: 4x04 The Blind Auditions (4)

Audrey a former model had a great voice and was a nice opening act but joining team Usher wasn't what I expected and what a shame for Betsy with none of them turning around but Adam giving her a hug was nice, Orlando Dixon was lucky his idol Usher turned around at the last second and Savannah the final performer of the night who is just 17 was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2013 16:14     Subject: 4x05 The Blind Auditions (5)

Shawna inspiring Shakira and then Blake was interesting and what a nice voice Caroline Glaser, the 18-year-old has, what a shame for Cameron as he had some great moves on stage and Sasha having all four coaches fighting for her was amusing, Mary picking Shakira to be her coach was nice as she was the first to turn around and Shakira and Blake make their appeals for Grace was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2013 16:36     Subject: 4x06 The Blind Auditions (6)

This being the final night of the blind auditions was great and Jacqui Sandell filling Blake's final spot on the team was nice, Amber being Adams final team member was impressive and the remanding singers only having two coaches to pick them was unfortunate
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-20-2013 06:42     Subject: 4x07 The Battles Premiere

Amber Carrington and Sasha Allen being the night's first battle was surprising as Amber seemed the under dog but with a powerful performance I'm not surprised Amber was picked, Blake pairing Holly Tucker and Michelle Raitzin was great and what a tough choice but picking Holly for her county style made sense and stealing Taylor Beckham after she wasn't picked by Usher was nice as she looked emotional
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-20-2013 07:06     Subject: 4x08 The Battles (2)

Blake's showdown between Danielle Bradbery and Caroline Glaser was impressive as they're both fairly inexperienced and Adam stealing Caroline after was great as Usher also wanted her
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-27-2013 12:55     Subject: 4x09 The Battles (3)

Jessica Childress versus Vedo was great for Usher's first pairing and Vedo's back story about loosing his mother after the blind auditions was sad but getting through to the next round was great, Shakira choosing Monique over Luke was surprising but her reasoning was spot on as Luke was stolen
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-27-2013 13:30     Subject: 4x10 The Battles (4)

Shakira's first battle was interesting and choosing Shawna P after the battle was a surprise and matching Mary Miranda and Cathia with one of her own songs was great as Mary got picked by Shakira and Usher dramatically punching his button to save Cathia
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-30-2013 11:43     Subject: 4x11 The Knockouts, Part 1

Amber winning her knock-out round was great but Midas Whale was impressive and Garrett Gardner and Tawnya Reynolds in Shakira's first knock-out fight was interesting but Shakira choosing Garret to move on to the live rounds was a surprise, Caroline's reaction to moving on to the next round wasn't what you would expect
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-2-2013 00:49     Subject: 4x12 The Knockouts, Part 2

Blake's first knock-out pairing with Savannah Berry and Justin Rivers was great as they have both survived the battle match-up before but taking Justin forward to the live rounds was a surprise, Usher pairing Jess Kellner and Josiah Hawley was another interesting pairing, Blake choosing Holly after the controversy by the coaches was nice and Usher ultimately choosing Cathia to round up the night was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-2-2013 01:34     Subject: Special -- The Road to the Live Shows

Nice recap of how the top sixteen got this far and some amusing behind the scene footage
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2013 11:15     Subject: 4x14 The Live Playoffs, Part 1

Usher's team kicking off the first live performances with "Black and Gold" just for fun was great and Amber Carrington being the first for Adam's team was impressive, Sarah Simmons singing "Angel." was emotional as she lost a friend suddenly and another great performance from Caroline Glaser
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2013 12:23     Subject: 4x15 The Live Playoffs, Part 2

Garrett Gardner singing the John Lennon classic "Imagine." was impressive and nice performance from Blake and Shakira and another incredible performance from the 16-year-old Danielle Bradbery
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2013 12:53     Subject: 4x16 The Live Playoffs, Results

The opening performance was amusing and Rod Stewart and CeeLo Green performing live was great but loosing Justin Rivers, Karina Iglesias, Cathia and Caroline Glaser was unfortunate
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-10-2013 13:34     Subject: Reply 84#84 codebreaker's post

I agree.  They have some amazing talent this season.  It was hard to lose any.  

I'm finding the coaching styles of Usher & Shakira interesting.  I hope the others will pick up some new tricks as they see what they're doing.  I especially like the physical aspect of performing that Usher is focusing on, and the need to be fit to be able to have good breath control when singing.  

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2013 13:44     Subject: Reply 85#85 waterlilybarb's post

Doing push-ups with Usher was an interesting exercise
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-10-2013 13:47     Subject: Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

Yes it was.   
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2013 12:05     Subject: 4x17 Live Top 12 Performances

Vedo singing first with Michael Jackson's "Rock with You." was a nice start and being followed with Holly Tucker singing Martina McBride's "A Broken Wing." was great, sixteen-year-old Danielle Bradbery stepping on the stage and singing her version of "Wasted." was awesome and the last artist being Amber Carrington performing "I'm Gonna Love You Through It," was a great end to the night
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2013 12:43     Subject: 4x18 Live Eliminations

Pharrell Williams, T.I. and Robin Thicke take the stage with a special performance was an amusing start to the night, Blake and his team on stage next, performing "Play Something Country" was great and having to wait till the end for Holly Tucker and Sasha Allen to find out they are saved must of been hard
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-22-2013 13:13     Subject: 4x19 Live Top 10 Performances

Maroon 5 starts off the performances was great and with all their performances getting better it's hard to imagine who will next be eliminated
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-22-2013 13:41     Subject: 4x20 Live Eliminations

Blake and his wife Miranda Lambert taking to the stage to help raise relief funds for the aftermath of the Oklahoma tornado was great, Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez being in the audience was interesting as Vin invited everyone to the premier of his latest film, the first two who were saved being Danielle Bradbery and Judith Hill was great and Michelle Chamuel and Sasha Allen being saved next was also great but Josiah Hawley and Kris Thomas having reached the end of the line was unfortunate
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-31-2013 02:04     Subject: 4x21 Live Top 8 Performances

I didn't realise Shakira and Usher only have one member in their teams while the others still have three, Judith being first to perform after Blake was great and Holly having the next slot was impressive but the girls collaboration singing Rihanna's "Diamonds." was awesome, The Swon Brothers being next in line was interesting as they are the only double act to get this far and Sasha singing David Guetta and Usher's "Without You." was a brave choice, the stage set for Danielle was nice and Amber closing the night with Adele's "Skyfall." was a great challenge
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-31-2013 03:01     Subject: 4x22 Live Eliminations

Sheryl Crow kicking off the night with the Danielle, Holly and Swon Brothers was great, Michelle, Danielle and Sasha being the first three saved was nice as that kept Shakira and Usher teams going but saying goodbye to Judith and Sarah was unfortunate
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-4-2013 08:52     Subject: 4x23 Live Top 6 Performances

Getting right into it from the start with Holly Tucker was great as we are getting to the nitty gritty and Taylor Swift giving Michelle Chamuel her seal of approval for singing her song was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-5-2013 08:19     Subject: 4x24 Live Eliminations

Cassadee Pope from last year was a great way to start and Michelle Chamuel being the first to be saved was awesome but seeing the aftermath of the Oklahoma tornados was sad and what Blake's team members did to help raise awareness and funds was great, Holly Tucker being the one who is heading home was unfortunate but all four couches still having at leased one of their team still in was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2013 03:28     Subject: 4x25 Live Semi-Final Performances

Usher singing his latest single, "Twisted." was a nice start the the episode and some of his dance moves were impressive but the girls with Christina Milian getting a special message from the artists who's songs they chose to sing was great and the response from all their home towns was awesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2013 04:12     Subject: 4x26 Live Semi-Final Results

Michelle Chamuel being the first to reach the final was great and the top five singing together was a nice treat, I had a feeling that Danielle Bradbery would also reach the final and who would of thought Blake would have two in the final but The Swons made it being the only guys left
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-12-2013 11:00     Subject: Reply 97#97 codebreaker's post

I really loved when all 5 sang together.  I am SO happy Michelle made it to the finals, but personally think Sasha did better performances than The Swon Brothers this week.  I think all are very talented though, and because country music is still very popular in the US, it didn't surprise me that they made the finals.  Danielle was pretty much a given - the kid has an amazing gift.

I was also thrilled to hear both Nicholas' and Terry's new songs.  I'll probably buy Nick's EP, and also some of the songs from Terry's album, when it's complete.  I really love both of their voices, and the style of music each sings, but my taste in music is quite varied.

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-18-2013 13:57     Subject: 4x27 Live Final Performances

The coaches taking the stage to get the night started with "a Little Help from My Friends," was awesome and The Swon Brothers being the first duo to get to the final has got to be something to be proud of, Blake and Usher taking the time to visit the three finalists families was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-19-2013 11:16     Subject: 4x28 Live Finale

I had a felling at the half way stage who was going to win but never the less they all deserved to be there and what a great finale but The Swon Brothers having to share a car when it's obvious Danielle doesn't drive at the moment I found amusing

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0