Board logo

Subject: Combat Hospital Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-21-2011 21:39     Subject: Combat Hospital Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Combat Hospital Premiered on ABC on June 21, 2011

Follow the frantic lives of a military hospital's resident doctors and nurses as they navigate the relentless life-and-death battles on the operating table, and the never-ending conflicts that arise from working in a war zone of Southern Afghanistan.

Modelled after the real Canadian-lead NATO Role 3 Hospital, the set is a meticulous re-creation of a portion of the hospital compound and the vast Kandahar Airfield, including the helicopter landing zone, boardwalk area and barracks, which housed over 15,000 military and civilian personnel.

A Role 3 Medical Unit is the highest level of care available in Kandahar, with facilities for emergency surgery and intensive care. The Role 3 hospital is improvised quarters: a jumble of tents, temporary buildings made of plywood and duct tape, even repurposed shipping containers that line the unit as its protective outer walls. Within these walls an international team of doctors, nurses and medics deliver the best battlefield surgical care anywhere to wounded soldiers, civilians caught in the crossfire, even the enemy.

Helming the hospital on behalf of the Canadian Forces is Colonel Xavier Marks (Elias Koteas), a career military surgeon and Head of the Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit. New Role 3 recruits include Major Rebecca Gordon (Michelle Borth), a top-of-her-class trauma surgeon who is eager to impress, along with Captain Bobby Trang (Terry Chen), who is thrown into the deep end as a Trauma Team Leader upon his arrival to the unit. The only non-military medical staffer is the brilliant British neurosurgeon Dr. Simon Hill (Luke Mably), leaving the others to wonder why he volunteered to work in a war zone. Overseeing the mental well being of the troops on their tour of duty is the Australian psychiatrist Major Grace Pederson (Deborah Kara Unger). And as every doctor knows - they are nothing without their nurses: Chief of Nursing, Commander Will Royal (Arnold Pinnock), a registered nurse serving with the Canadian Forces, won't let them forget this universal truth.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Combat Hospital Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 6-22-2011 22:59 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-21-2011 21:40

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-21-2011 21:42

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2011 00:11     Subject: 1x01 Welcome to Kandahar

What a difference between Rebecca and Bobby first assignment with Bobby struggling and Rebecca crossing the line but the turnaround for Bobby on his second case was impressive and the snake was amusing
Author: kellemanske    Time: 6-22-2011 01:42     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

The difference between the two is that she has experience in trauma and he hasn't. But I think he did well for his first time especially seeing the circumstances. And that second case was great. But wow, what a way to begin a new job. And when they showed the guy's injury during the bombing, you just knew he had internal bleeding and wasn't going to make it. But the snake was funny and I actually like the boss. But the girl is a bit cocky trying to tell everyone how good she is. Still, I like her and I think it will approve when she's there for a while.
Author: bala    Time: 6-22-2011 10:11     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well which do you like better off the map or this but i have say this seems more action packed than off the map and i can understand why they choose this over renewing off the map let hope it last and it's a good thing she not pregnant and the maintenance guy laughing at snake in the operating but loved the line 'bring the snake'. . That one way to start your first day .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2011 10:23     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

This reminds me of M*A*S*H if you remember with Hawkeye and Radar
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068098/
Author: bala    Time: 6-22-2011 10:25     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

a bit before my time
Author: kellemanske    Time: 6-22-2011 10:32     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

If they don't go to melodrama, I think this is better then off the map. This is going to bit more action, more bloody wounds and hopefully very good :-). And it looks like we are going to get a great groupsdynamic. + I love the civilian doc, looking at the female doc while talking to the male one, prescribing sex to get to sleep, ... I love his spontinality.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2011 03:02     Subject: 1x02 Enemy Within

Another good episode, that was a bad infection they got in the hospital and the American Special Forces guy was amusing and being forced to do surgery in the dining hall was their only option
Author: kellemanske    Time: 6-29-2011 03:19

I love that guy and I think he fits very well with Rebecca but she also has a lot of chemistry with Simon, and although he's a bit cocky and he sleeps around, I do like him. He has something about  him.
Author: bala    Time: 7-3-2011 07:53     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

I like how they were able find out what it was by getting a guy smell the infection that first time i seen someone diagnose an infection by smelling it .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-6-2011 11:15

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-8-2011 06:00     Subject: 1x03 It's My Party

Amusing start with the spider and the guard asking if it was armed was funny and surgery on the laptop was amusing and tragic that Rebecca was told to stop because it would drain their blood bank
Author: bala    Time: 7-8-2011 06:04     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

The stone soup analogy was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-8-2011 08:45     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

Yes that was a nice story and it was nice of her to ask the guy to leave when the tears were in her eyes

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-8-2011 18:53 ]
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2011 10:26     Subject: Wrong Place at Wrong Time

What a bad time to go away from the hospital but i love how his boss punished him with his expensive vodka bottles
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-15-2011 00:47     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

What a time for Simon to hitch a ride to the farm he bought but the punishment was amusing and the sleep deprived lieutenant looked wired from the start but nice work in getting the Com's link to the sat phone was great
Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2011 07:24     Subject: Hells Bells

Well that was one hell of romantic couple getting married before the surgery but guy willing marry that women regardless of whether she can have children was fantastic and what a great gift giving away her old wedding ring as a wedding present.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-22-2011 00:35     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

I had a feeling that something would happen to the soldier with the mole after striking a deal to be with his boys and what they did to find the bride and get her back with the groom was great, Rebecca giving her so called cursed ring was a great gesture
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-1-2011 06:08     Subject: 1x06 Inner Truth

After what happened to the seven soldiers brought into the Trauma Bays when their lucky charm Private Henry arrived was surprising but not so lucky for himself and I'm glad the had the clerical miscommunication but what they tried to do for the lady with the goat was nice
Author: bala    Time: 8-1-2011 06:10     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

I liked it when she asked doctor why he was nice to her and he said he wanted to be liked and she started laughing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-1-2011 06:11     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

That was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 8-4-2011 03:42     Subject: Reckless

Well the base all having food poisoning was amusing but we got see who she was married to which was a bit of a surprise. It's sad the pilot died because he was tired but trying blame her for not giving GO pills was awful but i am glad she stuck to her opinion and said she would do the same thing again.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-9-2011 15:15     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

To be honest i would hate the thought that the person at the flight controls was on stimulant drugs so they could keep flying and the guy's face when they pretended to get the tapeworm was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 8-10-2011 07:10     Subject: On the Brink

Good episode and tough call shame after all they done she died and that solider who couldn't keep his hands from playing with himself was amusing story-line but she managed to cure him was great.
Author: bala    Time: 8-17-2011 04:09     Subject: Shifting Sands

Well this was another good episode where the translator boy learnt important lesson about his friends and now he saw the consequence. The general eye operation was rather amusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-20-2011 11:28     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

The Private who couldn't keep his hands of his privates was an amusing story line but his hands in bandages was a little corny and it's a shame the burn victim didn't survive but it's better to of tried and failed than to not try at all
Author: bala    Time: 8-20-2011 11:45     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

I am surprised he could do that you would think he might a little too preoccupied to actually get be able do that since he's in war zone i assume he would too tired to try?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-20-2011 12:10     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

Getting the eye drops into the general eyes was amusing but the paperclip was priceless and Vans friend being injured after the explosion was interesting but finding out it was another friend that shot him was a surprise but Vans being detained after the escape was tragic
Author: bala    Time: 8-25-2011 11:47     Subject: Reason to Believe

Well look simon brother is a nutcase and i am glad he finally find someone to talk to but ungrateful must you be after simon saved the guy life saying he wanted to die
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-25-2011 13:20     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

I don't think he's ungreatfull. It's just that he still needs to come to terms with what happened to him. A lot of people don't accept immediatly that they can never walk again. This is a pretty common reaction. But later he would realise that he is lucky that simon operated.
As for Simon's brother, I think it is strange that he was just let go out of the hospital and that they didn't know that he had next of kin. But this gave inside into Simon and I wonder why this is the first time that we saw the chaplin. Cause there were a few other case where they could have really used her help. Simon confiding in her was good. I suppose that that's the reason why they brought her in this episode.
Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2011 09:20     Subject: Triage

Well tough episode where she had tough choice as which patient to save
Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2011 12:09

I can't believe i missed an episode two episode were added together i was wondering what i was missing with the episode
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-3-2011 12:52     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

I had the same thing. I started watching the last episode and I missed something so I checked and there were two episodes added. but I liked the episode because she had to tell the chief his own rules and she made the right choice.
I like the character development with the neurosurgeon, but they don't have to become to cheesy.
Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2011 12:58     Subject: Reply 35#35 kellemanske's post

planning to watch it tomorrow i have only 4 more shows to watch than i am caught up
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-3-2011 23:08     Subject: 1x10 Reason to Believe

That was an impressive surgery from Simon but sad times for his brother and I'm not surprised the chaplain (Camille Sullivan) had a lapse of faith but the actress is doing the round in the shows i watch which is great
Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2011 23:34     Subject: Brother in Arms

This was episode 11 and one i missed watching yesterday this good episode certainly help explain Episode 12 situation with some of the characters.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-3-2011 23:53     Subject: 1x11 Brothers in Arms

Some of the pranks before the hockey game were amusing and Bobby loses his composure during was interesting but the way the Major lost her cool integrating the kids was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 9-4-2011 00:20     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

She didn't lose her cool she was trying other boy to talk realise if she became tough with the girl he would crack and it worked. It was tough for her but she got results
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-4-2011 00:47     Subject: 1x12 Triage

Rebecca had a tough judgment call to make but what a tragic price Fritz payed for saving Col. Marks
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-4-2011 00:50     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

I think she lost her cool, if she wanted the boy to talk she shouldn't of attached the girl even low the got what she wanted
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-4-2011 02:59     Subject: Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

how do you mean? I agree with Bala, she needed to talk that way to the girl so that the boy would talk, but she hated doing that. Because she had to hurt them while she promised them that she wouldn't let anyone hurt them. But at least now they are going to a good trauma program. Before she started talking to the girl, she asked when the boy had last been sedated to make sure he would be able to hear them.
And rebecca did a great job.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-9-2011 13:40     Subject: 1x13 Do No Harm

What happened to Suzy was tragic but Rebecca shooting him and then attempting to save him didn't go down well with Bobby
Author: bala    Time: 9-10-2011 10:20     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Well it was a good season finale

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0