Board logo

Subject: The Nine Lives of Chloe King Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-28-2011 06:27     Subject: The Nine Lives of Chloe King Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Nine Lives of Chloe King Premiered on ABC Family on June 14, 2011

In the one-hour scripted drama The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Chloe King is looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her friends and single mother, just like every other year…that is until she starts developing heightened abilities and discovers she's being pursued by a mysterious figure. Chloe soon learns she's part of an ancient race which has been hunted by human assassins for millennia —and that she may be their only hope for ultimate survival. The Nine Lives of Chloe King will be executive produced by Dan Berendsen (Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Hannah Montana: The Movie) and John Ziffren (Melissa & Joey, Make It or Break It) with Alloy Entertainment's Leslie Morgenstein (Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries) and Gina Girolamo. The drama is based on the book series The Nine Lives of Chloe King by Liz Braswell. The series will star Skyler Samuels (The Gates) as Chloe King; Amy Pietz (The Office, Caroline in the City) as Meredith King; Grey Damon (True Blood, Friday Night Lights) as Brian; newcomer Grace Phipps as Amy; Benjamin Stone (10 Things I Hate About You) as Alek; Alyssa Diaz (Southland) as Jasmine; and Ki Hong Lee (The Secret Life as the American Teenager) as Paul.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Nine Lives of Chloe King Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:20 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-28-2011 06:28

Author: bala    Time: 5-28-2011 08:16     Subject: Nine Lives of Chloe King - Promo

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-14-2011 23:35     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

Good first episode with some strange birthday powers but what a way to find out about her deadly kiss and only eight lives left it should be interesting to see what happens next
Author: bala    Time: 6-15-2011 10:02     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well I have to say this was a bit of a disappointment because i had higher expectation for the first episode it start of fantastic but to actually go back 2 days was a mistake they should of continue from the moment she feel from the building. There so much they could do with the first episode and fighting sequence was good remind me of early buffy but they really explore background to myth about mina.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-15-2011 10:18     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

The sixteenth birthday powers reminded me of Sabrina The Teenage Witch
Author: bala    Time: 6-15-2011 10:39     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yeah the only difference is that this look much better
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-15-2011 14:26     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

I actually liked it.  The whole thing remind me of Kyle XY in that ABC fam has figured out there are other people watching their channel than teenage girls.

The problem I had with the episode, was the two Mia teenagers.  What they don't have adults?  There wasn't a single adult around to help transition Chloe or be her protector or anything.  :/  unkewl.  I don't want this to be one of those episodes where the teenagers only talk to adults who are their parents or because they have too.  Show me some depth.
Author: bala    Time: 6-22-2011 11:08     Subject: Episode 2

So she didn't kill him after all it was looked like she can kiss a boy but she doesn't know and i hope they ain't going to do innocent person needing help chole has rescue them would get a bit old fast
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-22-2011 15:47     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

It was great she didn't kill him, but not knowing she didn't do it and having this guilt around her neck is annoying.  Her not feeling as though she can kiss the new guy is also annoying.  They are going to have to pick this up or the show will fail miserably.  Kinda a boring episode...

The innocent being rescued was fine and Liked how her friend stood up to the other Mya boy.  

SOOOO Bala:  Do we keep watching and hope it perks up, or give up?   How many episodes until the give up epi?
Author: bala    Time: 6-22-2011 22:02     Subject: Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

I usually watch show until they end or get cancelled
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2011 02:17     Subject: 1x02 Redemption

That's good news she wasn't responsible for his death but this episode was a little slow but it's a good job her friends ignored her about staying in the car and was able to turn the lights out
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2011 06:19     Subject: 1x03 Green Star

Chloe's mother was lucky it was only her phone he wanted but ringing her was a good way to scare her and how stupid going to meet him on her own but thanks to Jasmine and her mother she survives to live another day
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2011 10:20     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Yeah but she really is naive she has all these people wanting protect her she doesn't use them to her advantage?
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-2-2011 17:56     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

She doesn't need to take advantage of these people in some way.  Take fighting lessons, or learn weapons.  Plus she should tell her mom.  That would help alot.  Oh and it was presumptuous for the leader to assume chloe would give up her life yadda yadda yadda.  She's a teenager and they barely see outside the inner bubble.  Not going to happen.
Author: bala    Time: 7-2-2011 22:57     Subject: Reply 15#15 arksongbird80's post

She has no formal training and she just recently discovered all of this. Yes that not going happen but she needs realise action have consequences it's not alright to put other people lives in danger.
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2011 07:03     Subject: All Apologies

Good episode still bits of the character annoys me but she really need better at her skill ,that jump at end was impressive but predictable it wasn't like she going to fall like at the start. They really need to speed bad guy story-line keep us interested.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-6-2011 09:36     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

I liked Chloe's sarcasm while she was fighting her bosses ex
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2011 09:38     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yeah that's getting old with female leads how many show do we watch where that happens ? . once in a while it's ok
Author: abcfamily    Time: 7-6-2011 11:09     Subject: The Nine Lives of Chloe King

Hey guys – I’m so glad you’re keeping with the show! I actually work with ABC Family and I’d love to hear what you thought of last night’s episode! If you missed it, make sure to catch up online now.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-6-2011 11:13

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: bala    Time: 7-7-2011 11:30     Subject: Reply 20#20 abcfamily's post

Well you should check out your other shows on here -this site has most of your other shows.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-7-2011 12:42

I liked that she finally stood up to her friend who being a B-word.  I'm just saying.  Have some liency when your BFF get's super powers.

Over all, good show.
Author: abcfamily    Time: 7-8-2011 11:23

Awesome Bala, I’m glad you guys are fans of ABC Family! Ark, I totally agree – it was great to see Chloe assert herself! Have you seen the previews for next week?
Author: bala    Time: 7-8-2011 11:38     Subject: Reply 24#24 abcfamily's post

Well we are little concern on whether you might end secret life of american teenager as you seem to run out of ideas for that show?.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-8-2011 13:54

I never did get into that one Bala, but I will say this ABC FAM:  I can never forgive you for axeing Kyle XY.  That show had great potential and airing it against the major networks was rather silly on ya'lls part.  Just saying....
Author: bala    Time: 7-9-2011 00:20     Subject: Reply 26#26 arksongbird80's post

Well you can't blame network people didn't watch that show because they thought it was a sci-fi show
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2011 10:25     Subject: Girls Night Out

i knew those girls were trouble but disappointed the fight was short it would much better if they had a proper fight
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2011 10:24     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

One of the girls breaking a nail was amusing and it was nice that Chloe got to apologise to Brian before he doesn't leave which was funny
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-15-2011 19:06

I find it interesting there are rival prides but no one added that into the script/history lesson until now.  I didn't realize the Mye were so big...  Too have Prides around the world...
Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2011 07:18     Subject: Nothing Compares 2 U

Seriously another average episode where Chloe has save her friends how stupid must that girl be to go underground poker game with a boy who's cheating. I hate to say this but if this continues i think they should cancel this show. This show potential yet waste the talent of keep viewers interested.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-21-2011 13:59     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Chloe looked great in her mothers dress and she was lucky to get home with the dress in one piece but Amy and all her talk about his system probably got them caught
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-21-2011 16:28     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Amy was a moron and should know better than to go into situations where there are guns!  Duhh sister.

I think Chloe will be able to kiss Brian without any problems, that would be part of the uniters abilities.  I think he's going to just take it and then see what happens.    I wish she would tell her mom but I guess we have to stay in suspense.  hummm

The other boy shouldn't have been so distracted on the roof.     

@bala, You may be right, but teenage girls probably think this show is great and since that's the demographic, I'm not sure they will cancel it.  The story needs to be better though!  It has such potential.
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2011 06:04     Subject: Dogs of War

Well chole putting her life in danger trust that person had massive consequence for her.She really needs to listen
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-28-2011 12:45     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

I really enjoyed that Chloe stood up for herself as the uniter.  It's nice that she's trusting her instincts more.  Even if they may or may not be spot on.

Her hair is sooo cute.   The Kiss was great. I'm glad he finally did it.  As much as she likes brian, she still needs that experiance with a guy.  yum yum what a guy.

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 7-28-2011 13:03 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-1-2011 10:19     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

Chloe's Mai senses have let her down again but i think it was a great learning curve and the kiss has been coming for a while
Author: bala    Time: 8-1-2011 10:22     Subject: Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

I think it's not sense she very trusted person it has nothing to do with her senses.
Author: bala    Time: 8-3-2011 05:20     Subject: Heartbreaker

The episodes are a bit boring i mean look like Chole has a knack for getting into trouble and this time it almost backfired on her with the bad guys breaking into her house.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-3-2011 06:33     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

I think she needs to tell her mom.
Author: bala    Time: 8-3-2011 06:37     Subject: Reply 39#39 arksongbird80's post

Yeah but it will be amusing to see how she reacts
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-3-2011 07:37     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Slow and calm, or raging infirno of anger.

accepting or scared......hMMmmmmmmMHMMMMMMM
Author: bala    Time: 8-3-2011 07:49     Subject: Reply 41#41 arksongbird80's post

She can't protect her that would probably freak her out
Author: bala    Time: 8-10-2011 05:30     Subject: Responsible

Well look like this show is going to be chole saving people like super hero and they still haven't expand on any of mythology behind the series we don't know anything about mime
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-10-2011 06:23     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

There was alot going on in this episode.  Too many story lines and not enough foundation.  I agree Bala, they need to expand on the Mie, and what's with the guy from the NY pride helping the enemy!  

Brian is kinda needy....I get it, but really he needs to calm down...  Do some searches about the Valley before you go driving...

I love how KIA is sponsoring this show and they figure out ways to add their brand in.  FUNNY>
Author: bala    Time: 8-10-2011 06:28     Subject: Reply 44#44 arksongbird80's post

Well yeah KIA brand is amusing at least it not a Prius
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-10-2011 06:31     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

LOL!!!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-11-2011 02:35     Subject: 1x08 Heartbreaker

Chloe's mom was lucky with the car and her checking the Internet for the signs of drug taking was interesting and shows she has noticed the changes which is great but Alek saving them just before she was about to tell her mother was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-11-2011 03:18     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

I cant believe Paul asked Alek about the toilet or litter tray and Brian over stepped the mark attacking Alek but the choreographed fight at the container yard was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 8-11-2011 03:41     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Yeah that got to be the most ridiculous question he asked but very amusing
Author: bala    Time: 8-17-2011 04:07     Subject: Beautiful Day

Well this summer final and what a final it was- i had a feeling everything good would happen in this episode and it really didn't disappoint so it get more complex chloe now has 7 more lives before she's dead. Why would Alex's brother want kill them?.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-17-2011 13:01     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

I think the Brother is on a revenge track.  Remember Alek's parents were killed and i bet the Brother thinks they were killed by someone different than the truth.

How is it that Brian DIED!  What....I thought because she was the uniter, she would be able to go between Mye and Human.  That guy at the beginning didn't die until the assassin came in and finished him.

Her mom and Brians father are an intersting combo.  I bet they stay together for the next season.

Alek coming in her room and then listening to the converstaions is not kewl.   I would have given him a piece of my mind and it wouldn't have been in his favor.

Valentina and her Daughter??  Do they stand a chance???

Any idea when Season 2 hits/????  Great show!!!  
Author: bala    Time: 8-17-2011 22:13     Subject: Reply 51#51 arksongbird80's post

We have to assume the kiss was what killed him but it could be something else.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-23-2011 04:33     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

Good season finale with only two lives lost and to balance thing out with two fatal kisses but unfortunately Brian's death was poetic justice for what his family are trying to do
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2011 04:50     Subject: Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

Wow i hadn't thought like that but your right but sins of the father is unfair put on son?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-23-2011 05:43     Subject: Reply 54#54 bala's post

OK father might be unfair but that grandmother has a lot to answer for
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2011 05:58     Subject: Reply 55#55 codebreaker's post

Yeah she does at least we have few more bad guys
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-16-2011 14:13     Subject: ABC Family kills the Nine Lives of Chloe King

More like The Ten Episodes of Chloe King. ABC Family put the cat out for good when it canceled The Nine Lives of Chloe King yesterday due to low ratings. The series was based on the young adult novels written by Liz Braswell, about a teen girl who discovers she has feline powers and is a warrior in the battle between an ancient race and human beings. Phew, that's sounds like a lot for a young chick to handle. The series started off well thanks to the popularity of the books, drawing more than two million viewers for its debut. But come finale time in mid-August, that number had dwindled to just above one million viewers. That might have been the cat's meow at the old ABC Family, but the Disney off-shoot is becoming more than just ABC's little sister, with top series like Switched at Birth reportedly drawing around three million viewers on average.
But though Chloe King has been put down, The Lying Game—which is also based on a young adult book series—has been granted a back-12 order to extend its first-season episode count to 22. The show tackles the hot TV trend of identical twins, but is still suffering in the ratings department, with its most recent episode drawing 1.3 million total viewers. So why did Chloe King get axed while The Lying Game got renewed? I'd guess budget or a network exec's unreasonable hatred of cats. Cats rule, dudes.

Source
This is such crap!  This show was so much better than the lying game and it's a shame that ONCE AGAIN abc family fails to see the potential.

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 9-16-2011 14:15 ]

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0