Board logo

Subject: Happy Endings Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-13-2011 00:35     Subject: Happy Endings Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Happy Endings Premiere's on ABC on April 13, 2011

Forget who gets to keep the ring -- when a couple splits, the real question is, who gets to keep the friends? In this modern comedy, a couple's break-up will complicate all of their friends' lives and make everyone question their choices. When life throws you for a curve, hold on tight to the people you love. Every circle of friends has someone who's the gravitational center. For years, perfect couple Dave and Alex drew their friends in and held them together. Now that they've split, does this group have the stuff to stay together? Or do Max, Brad, Jane and Penny have to choose sides? Suddenly every event is a negotiation... like, who gets to go on the annual ski trip? There are a lot of big questions to be answered, but this group has been together so long, somehow, little by little, they'll figure out how to hold on, even though their center is split up. It helps that Dave and Alex have agreed to stay friends. But there will definitely be other complications down the road. This show isn't afraid to ask the embarrassing personal questions that inevitably arise in every long-term, close-knit group of friends.

Happy Endings stars Eliza Coupe (Scrubs) as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert (24) as Alex, Zachary Knighton (FlashForward) as Dave, Adam Pally as Max, Damon Wayans, Jr. (The Underground) as Brad and Casey Wilson (Saturday Night Live) as Penny. The series is from executive producers Jamie Tarses (My Boys), Jonathan Groff (How I Met Your Mother), Anthony & Joe Russo (Community, Arrested Development) and co-executive producer David Caspe (the upcoming feature film I Hate You Dad). The pilot was written by David Caspe and directed by Anthony & Joe Russo, and is from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Happy Endings Here

Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2011 01:05     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

Here the banner i would use

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-13-2011 01:10     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

According to photobucket the estimated time to get this completed is approximately the end of today (04/12/11), 11 pm EDT. We apologize sincerely for the error, and we understand the problems this creates.
Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2011 01:13     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

At least you got answer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-13-2011 22:53     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

I was pushing it with my image because at the time i hadn't uploaded it but i predicted the link address
Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2011 23:05     Subject: Episode 1

Well the first episode was amusing after dump at his wedding he decided hok up a girl in the club but find out she was in high school was amusing and trying act like your 26 when your celebrate 30 years old.

These are really great friend but what's with all show trying to be friend rip-off ?
Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2011 23:19     Subject: The Quicksand Girlfriend

Dave really has a lot learn about one night stands since it kind of turns into a relationship .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2011 14:26     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

Alex leaving Dave at the altar with the guy in roller blades was amusing but Jackie saying she was in high school was funny and the apology with the cake with 26 on was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2011 14:51     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Andrea didn't wast time in turning their one-night-stand into a relationship that Dave was just not ready for but getting hit by a bike messenger was a surprise and the roommate situation was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 4-20-2011 23:32     Subject: Your Couples Friends & Neighbor

Well finding out who stole the chicken left overs was surprised thank to the nanny cam but than getting having one girls ask him out and turn into quite an amusing situation
Author: bala    Time: 4-20-2011 23:34     Subject: Mein Coming Out

Well telling your parents your gay will never going to be easy but what a way complicate matters with all 3 women turning up at the same time  . I wonder how many people have Hitler as their surname.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2011 09:35     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

Using the teddy nanny cam to find out who was taking the food was amusing and the couple wanting a foursome was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2011 10:26     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

Penny thinking she's meet the man of her dreams Doug but who would of thought the infamous last name was so troublesome and the gay situation was amusing but his parents took it well
Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2011 00:26     Subject: Like Father, Like Gun

Wow it nice see Damon Wayne play the father of son on the show since he is his real life father .Penny meets a gorgeous Italian guy; the problem is, he doesn't speak English, and Penny, who once studied in Italy, finds she can only speak the language when she's drunk.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-2-2011 03:13     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

Penny only speaking Italian when she's drunk was amusing but who would of thought setting the fire would save a life
Author: bala    Time: 5-4-2011 23:32     Subject: Of Mice & Jazz-Kwon-Do

Well mike using his ex-finacer apartment for the bath was rather amusing and penny got her confidence back when he accidental break in to the apartment.
Author: bala    Time: 5-4-2011 23:52     Subject: Dave of the Dead

Well the zombie situation was amusing with the food truck
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2011 08:37     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

Both of them releasing the mouse so they could take advantage of each other was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2011 09:19     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

Jane and Max's silly challenges was amusing but the food truck without food was pointless
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2011 01:51     Subject: The Girl with the David Tattoo

Well this is why you shouldn't tattoo your partners name
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2011 01:52     Subject: You've Got Male

Well trust him date the coffee guy who he's started a protest
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-18-2011 10:05     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

I cant believe they felt sorry for Randy when he got fired for getting their order wrong but trying to apologise was funny especially when his girlfriend kicked him out
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-18-2011 10:29     Subject: Reply 21#21 bala's post

Max not realizing that the new coffee shop chain is owned by Ian who he just started dating was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 5-18-2011 23:51     Subject: Bo Fight

Well finding the guy who ruined his wedding seem a bit pointless but at least he apologies to him.
Author: bala    Time: 5-19-2011 00:39

Well trying to double book all their friend's activity was bound backfire on them but i love how they both got tasered  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-24-2011 12:50     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

Jane and Brad in the restaurant was amusing but as soon as he placed their food behind her you knew it would end up on the floor
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-24-2011 13:11     Subject: Reply 25#25 bala's post

1x11 Barefoot Pedaler
The you tube video was amusing but them getting tasered was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2011 11:04     Subject: The Shershow Redemption

Another wedding but at least bride didn't run away
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-28-2011 13:55     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

Penny convinces Derrick to pose as her fiance was crazy but falling over the podium was funny and at leased Alex is no longer the wedding jinx
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-4-2011 23:04

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: bala    Time: 8-25-2011 01:52     Subject: Why Can’t You Read Me?

Well this was amusing episode the sex tape and girl giving him pointer but her collection was amusing. Penny assistant was really taking advantage of her but guys had her back.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-29-2011 13:47     Subject: Happy Endings Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premieres September 28, 2011

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-29-2011 13:48

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-1-2011 08:13     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Penny's assistant really went too far but what the guys did was amusing and Alex's letter was nice but the sex tape was bizarre
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-2-2011 00:40     Subject: 2x01 Blax, Snake, Home

Penny moving into her first home which was nice but Jane encouraging Alex and Dave to be honest with each other was not a good idea
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2011 11:55     Subject: 2x02 Baby Steps

Alex being slow at realising they were talking about a sperm bank was amusing but what was Jane thinking trying to pick her so called "egg daughter," who is now a 11-year-old girl in the van and the mean girls in baby t-shirts was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2011 09:35

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-2-2011 08:40  
Penny moving into her first home which was nice but Jane encouraging Alex and Dave to be honest with each other was not a good idea
Well i still think it was a bit strange they celebrated first year she walk out of church but Penny saving everyone at the start was amusing.
Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2011 10:26     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I love the fact baby clothes were popular with Teenage girls
Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2011 10:52     Subject: Yesandwitch

Penny finding out her parents are separating but her mother making her sing her emotions was amusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-17-2011 14:03     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

The singing emotions was amusing and who would of thought they could pull off the singing at the boat show
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2011 07:42     Subject: Secrets and Limos

Well the vision board was a lot work but his new girlfriend was really rude
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-24-2011 02:26     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

Molly was a hell of a character and the vision boards was strange
Author: bala    Time: 10-27-2011 02:26     Subject: Spooky Endings

Well those costume were amusing but props to the kids who stole the door
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2011 09:51     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

Alex looked hot as Marilyn Monroe but that guy thinking she's a dude because of her voice was ridiculous and the baby outfit was good it's just a shame they walked like a duck
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2011 09:55     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

i was amazed how he able to pee in baby costume.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-6-2011 11:24     Subject: 2x06 Lying Around

Max and Dave's commercial to promote the "Steak Me Home Tonight" food truck was impressive but it's just a shame they forgot to say the name of the truck
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-23-2011 02:44     Subject: 2x07 The Code War

Jane deciding to get herself a work husband after finding out Brad has a work wife was amusing but I'm not surprised the guy she picked thought she was being sexually provocative
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-30-2011 03:23     Subject: 2x08 Full Court Dress

Alex offering to design a dress for Jane was interesting but palming her off with another that five others were wearing was amusing
Author: atk2tonogan    Time: 11-30-2011 21:47     Subject: Happy Endings Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

This is so wonderful show. Nice storyline and great characters. One of the best show on TV. Thanks.

Watch Gossip Girl Online , Watch Greek Online
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-1-2011 00:51     Subject: Reply 17#17 atk2tonogan's post

I know it's your first post but common sense should tell you not to post links to other sites when the shows are available here and could lead to getting banned
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-12-2011 02:39     Subject: 2x09 Grinches Be Crazy

Jane accidentally gives housekeeper Gita the wrong envelope stuffed with money was unfortunate but giving her more money while trying to get it back was crazy and then stealing the money back was unbelievable
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2012 06:50

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-23-2011 10:44  
Jane deciding to get herself a work husband after finding out Brad has a work wife was amusing but I'm not surprised the guy she picked thought she was being sexually provocative
Well he was the HR guy but he was rather stupid since if she complained to her boss about HR guy he would got fired
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2012 06:52     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Well your right it was amusing but she did wear it at the end and post guy dying was sad given how they really didn't like him
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2012 06:53     Subject: Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Well arresting Santa was rather amusing but nice to them allow maid to go on holiday
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2012 07:18     Subject: The Shrink, The Dare, Her Date And Her Brother

Good episode but parallels between movie and characters were rather amusing. The dare was crazy call the fireman's just to see who would leave was rather stupid but fire at end was amusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2012 09:27     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

Dave's reaction to his shrink dating Penny was odd and Jane and Max fight over the sweater was crazy especially after all that they burn it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 11:18     Subject: 2x11 Meet the Parrots

That not so charming parrot was disturbing spewing out nonstop racist and homophobic comments and how wrong Alex was when she thought the Chinese restaurant next door was a front for a brothel but the singing out their issues was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-22-2012 11:19     Subject: 2x12 Makin' Changes!

Penny changing the guy to suit her needs after Jane convinced her was amusing and Alex and Max trying to stop Dave from his obsession with v-necked T-shirts was stupid
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-13-2012 09:18     Subject: 2x13 The St. Valentine’s Day Maxssacre

I'm not surprised Alex was arrested for being a whore when she was looking for a party in the sketchy part of town but Dave being afraid his new girlfriend is about to dump him was the biggest mistake of his life when she arranged a threesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-22-2012 01:07     Subject: 2x14 Everybody Loves Grant

Grant having the guys dressing like him and the girls trying to get his shirt off was bizarre but amusing
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2012 03:31

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-13-2012 19:18  
That not so charming parrot was disturbing spewing out nonstop racist and homophobic comments and how wrong Alex was when she thought the Chinese restaurant next door was a front for a brothel but the ...
I did find it amusing when dad visited with penny's mother as his girlfriend and they started singing their emotions
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2012 03:56

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-22-2012 19:19  
Penny changing the guy to suit her needs after Jane convinced her was amusing and Alex and Max trying to stop Dave from his obsession with v-necked T-shirts was stupid
Jane was amusing but admit she changed brad was a mistake but the mousetrap stunt was highly amusing . I agree about addicted to V-neck it was rather stupid.
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2012 04:50

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 2-13-2012 17:18  
I'm not surprised Alex was arrested for being a whore when she was looking for a party in the sketchy part of town but Dave being afraid his new girlfriend is about to dump him was the biggest mistake ...
Yeah you just knew it would backfire on him but i surprised she would ever consider that
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-4-2012 04:02     Subject: 2x15 The Butterfly Effect Effect

The guys trying to force Jane and Brad's annual "spring smackdown," early was bizarre but knowing it was so Max will come out of hibernation was crazy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-4-2012 04:27     Subject: 2x16 Cocktails & Dreams

Penny was so close to getting away with hiding the food from Alex on the fan but saying she was hot and Alex turning on the fan was amusing but who would of thought Dave's signature drink was giving almost everyone sex dreams about Dave was crazy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-17-2012 12:17     Subject: 2x17 The Kerkovich Way

Alex enlisting Jane's help in convincing Dave that they never slept together when he's certain it happened was interesting but the DVD rental was their down fall
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-17-2012 12:53     Subject: 2x18 Party of Six

Trying to find a restaurant where they can celebrate, where one of them hasn't been banned to celebrate Penny's birthday was interesting and I'm not surprised they're wondering if her special day might be cursed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-2-2012 14:27     Subject: 2x19 You Snooze, You Bruise

Dave finding himself being bullied at the gym by Corey was strange and Alex coaching him on how to fight back backfired but the gay guy decking him was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-2-2012 23:47     Subject: 2x20 Big White Lies

The way Penny's white lie snowballs out of control as the whole gang join in was amusing but she was like a stalker
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-18-2012 11:58     Subject: 2x21 Four Weddings And A Funeral

You can understand why Penny was sad that she's at another wedding, alone, until she meets cute guy Chris via Skype but allowing the old guy to look at her cleavage was amusing
Author: spratt89    Time: 5-11-2012 11:40

Renewed For A 3rd Season
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-6-2012 06:14     Subject: 2x22 KickBall 2 The Kickening

Asking Dave to save the game was a disaster but the kick would of been impressive if it hadn't bounced off Penny's face into the hands of the other team
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-26-2012 13:34     Subject: Happy Endings Season 3 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 3 Premieres October 23, 2012

Discuss Anything About Season 3 Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-1-2012 10:36     Subject: 3x01 Cazsh Dummy Spillionaires

The incredibly unfortunate accident that lands Penny in a full body cast was amusing but I bet she wished she jumped off the building and Brad having a secret about his new unemployed status that he's trying to keep from Jane was bizarre but what happened in the bathroom was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-1-2012 11:16     Subject: 3x02 Sabado Free-Gante

After last weeks accident Penny was very lucky she didn't cut herself when she walked through the glass while shopping for a car and Dave and Alex going apartment hunting would be a nightmare for the real-estate agent
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-14-2012 12:48     Subject: 3x03 Boyz II Menorah

Max working as a "hype guy" at a bar mitzvah was bizarre and Alex trying to be sexy while painting was a disaster but what happened at the airport was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-6-2012 13:41     Subject: 3x04 More Like Stanksgiving

I'm not surprised Jane was upset with Brad after watching a copy of the lost season of "The Real World" that Max and Brad were on where they all met 10 years ago
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-6-2012 13:58     Subject: 3x05 P & P Romance Factory

Penny trying to hide the fact that she's wearing a prescription helmet because of her concussion when she meets a terrific new guy was a little bizarre and Jane enlisting Brad to be her "trophy wife" when she tried to break into the "boys' club" at the car dealership was bound to backfire
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-11-2012 14:49     Subject: 3x06 To Serb With Love

Alex telling Dave that she hasn't told her mom and dad that they're back together was bizarre but the way he told everyone was amusing and nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2012 03:15     Subject: 3x07 No-Ho-Ho

I'm not surprised the gang was shocked to discover that Jane is really a Christmas baby but being caught with fake ID was amusing and the dancing Santa was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 12-28-2012 12:56     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes Brad pretending to be unemployed was rather amusing why would anyone pretend to be that ?. Penny in full body cast i am not surprised i am surprised she has survived this long without killing herself but to actually film it was crazy .
Author: bala    Time: 12-28-2012 12:57     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Apartment hunting seem a bit rushed but i am glad estate agent was honest with them. Who would thought car shopping would land one of them a new job
Author: bala    Time: 12-28-2012 12:58     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

This has got to be the strangest concept for a storyline didn't particularly like it
Author: bala    Time: 12-28-2012 13:01     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Sometimes i feel like they make it more ridiculous than it needs to be i know it's comedy but sometimes i feel this show goes too far in wrong direction. I am all for making fun of reality tv show but over past season they keep making the history of character more complicated .  
Author: bala    Time: 12-28-2012 13:02     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yes it was bound to backfire but to be honest in that relationship brad does act like a girl ?
Author: bala    Time: 12-28-2012 13:04     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I am not surprised she didn't want to tell their parents there were back together but trust penny to convince him to go party if she had kept quiet none of this would happened but that's what friends are for?.
Author: bala    Time: 12-28-2012 13:06     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yes but why she needed to get a fake ID in the first place was strange all she had change the DOB on the official ID. Do they actually check DOB on ID?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-7-2013 09:58     Subject: 3x08 Fowl Play-Date

Brad and Penny thinking they accidentally killed Alex's pet parrot was interesting but the autopsy was over the top but proved it was liver damage and not glue poisoning
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2013 14:46     Subject: 3x09 Ordinary Extraordinary Love

Penny helping Alex turns it into a press opportunity when a young pop star stops in and buys a dress at Alex's store would of been nice if she didn't have a melt down in-front of the cameras
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2013 12:56     Subject: 3x10 Kickball 2: The Kickening

Celebrating for loosing was confusing but the ball bouncing off Penny's face was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2013 13:26     Subject: 3x11 The Ex Factor

Jane's ex, Ryan comes to town for a visit was interesting because Brad was surprised to learn that Ryan is a woman but the look on his face was amusing as Jane knew he was thing about a threesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2013 11:44     Subject: 3x12 The Marry Prankster

Tricking Max into thinking he won the big lotto jackpot was cruel but what he said when he thought he had won was surprising and payback was amusing and the proposal from Pete was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-30-2013 10:18     Subject: 3x13 Our Best Friend's Wedding

Jane taking the lovebirds and the rest of the gang to a wedding expo was amusing as she paired Max and Brad as a couple but them ending up in the gay wedding part of the expo was priceless as Max wanted to pick someone else up and I cant believe Jane got into a cat fight
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2013 11:40     Subject: 3x14 In The Heat Of The Noche

Penny and Max turning to NocheTussin, a black market cough medicine to try and break the habit of texting the men in their lives was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2013 11:55     Subject: 3x15 The Straight Dope

Max dating the cute girl, Katie because she is a season tickets holder for the Bulls was bizarre as we know he's gay but the others trying drop hints he's gay was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2013 12:09     Subject: 3x16 The Incident

Max getting some good salon gossip on the girls when he tries out Jane and Alex's long-time hairdresser was interesting as his his loose lips caused so much trouble, the life size dummy of Brad was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2013 12:26     Subject: 3x17 Bros Before Bros

Dave enlisting Brad and Max's help to sabotaging "The Brazilian" food truck was interesting but Max accidentally falling for the enemy's son was bound to make things awkward
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-16-2013 08:03     Subject: 3x18 She Got Game Night

Brad and Jane hosting a couples game night was amusing as they were the only ones married but came last and Penny breaking up with Pete was a surprise considering how much he knows about her compared to Brad and Jane
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-16-2013 08:53     Subject: 3x19 The Storm Before the Calm

It was obvious Penny wasn't fine after her breakup with Pete especially when she writes a play entitled "Black Plague: A Love Story"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2013 15:58     Subject: 3x20 The Ballad of Lon Sarofsky

Penny rebounds from her breakup with Pete by having an affair with the Car Czar was creepy and the fact she's temporarily living with Brad and Jane made things worse

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0