Board logo

Subject: The Kennedys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 4-1-2011 09:18     Subject: The Kennedys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The story of the most fabled political family in American history, told in a manner similar to The Godfather: a manipulative, egocentric father determined to live out his own ambitions through his sons, who in turn spent their lives dancing to his tune while at the same time trying to stand on their own. This is history through personality - the tangled relationships through which paint a picture of one of the most turbulent periods of the modern age. Viewers will be upstairs at the White House, not in the Cabinet Room. Through iconic events in history - the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the civil rights struggle, the mob connection - viewers will learn about the lesser known, yet critical personal stories.  

Broadcast_uncertainties

I really want to see what the fuss is about this show was technically banned in America no network were going show it until Reelz channel decided to  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2011 06:57     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

I thought this was supposed to air yesterday
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2011 07:11     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Glad i wasn't only wondering what happen ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2011 07:13     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

I just found this so i assume it airs tonight
http://www.reelzchannel.com/kennedys/
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2011 07:24     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

It say world premier Sunday 3rd April it's now 4th April.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2011 07:28     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

So whats the clock for
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2011 07:33     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Are you suggesting you think they decided delay until tonight?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2011 07:37     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Isn't that what the count down clock is usually for
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2011 07:39     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well yeah but it's rather confusing

SEE THIS

[ Last edited by bala at 4-4-2011 15:40 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 4-4-2011 14:22

This History Channel on Sky are airing this from Thursday (April 7th)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2011 22:19     Subject: Part 1

I thought this was a nice fresh look at an old story but why when Jack was missing didn't he let his mother know was wrong and then finding out that Joe died his father took it bad but didn't take him long before telling Jack to  take his place
Author: bala    Time: 4-5-2011 07:10     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah it does look like the father was one who pushed him to become president and way he guilt him into it was bad. It's amazing what a son will do for his father but i like little glimpse into john's women.
Author: bala    Time: 4-5-2011 08:02     Subject: Part 2

Well i liked this part better than pervious part because we got see How jack meet Jackie and the fact that his father offer 1 million dollars to stay with jack was awful but her rejecting it and still staying with him was amazing.

Bobby really naive and i didn't know there was 3rd kennedy it took until this part figured who bobby was.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-5-2011 11:17     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

The father is to controlling but allowing Bobby to do what he wants was interesting but it's a shame it didn't last and Jackie refusing the offer of 1 million dollars was great
Author: bala    Time: 4-5-2011 11:43     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Well now you know why they were trying stop this being aired , it make his father look rather bad on the show like he was forcing his son to be president and fact that he guilted him into running for congress because his brother died during the war was awful.

Look at way they portrayed JFK as a ladies man. I felt bad for Jackie it takes one hell of women to stay with a man who cheats but i wonder what she meant at end about him being president and not be embarrassed in front American population. .

Can't wait for tonight episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-6-2011 10:38     Subject: Part 3

It's a shame that JFK inexperience cost over 100 lives and it looks like the Kennedy men have trouble with being faithful like father like son and I wont be surprised that Jackie's marriage will be in shambles when she finds out about his affair with Mary Meyer but he was forewarned
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2011 03:13     Subject: Part 4

I wished Jackie would of stuck to her principles to put her daughter first instead of being pushed into helping her husband instead and it looks like Joe has gone to far with underhanded dealings
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2011 04:55     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Finally got around watch this part it was released very late and i knew they would get some leverage over him because he can't help it. Still at least he had the guts to admit it
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2011 05:30     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

It's not like she had any choice did she?  but the under handing situation the father got his boys will lead to one of them being killed my feeling is Bobby.
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2011 04:24     Subject: Part 5

Well this was a very interesting part with so much in the episode, Well Jackie is addicted to drugs but i am glad Jack found out about that and will help him. Joe's stroke was sad but his wife switch the nurses was amusing i knew that was coming but finding out what he did to their daughter was sad. The first black student enter college was such crazy event it's amazing how much trouble that caused and it should make ghetto kids realise what a big deal getting an education was.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2011 05:58     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

That was a harsh phone call from his mother but no thanks to his father for not telling the whole truth and the stroke before they could resolve their differences was bad timing, Rosemarie's problems were sad but what he did to her was diabolical
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2011 06:05     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was diabolical but now you see why they didn't want it aired
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2011 06:09     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

Yes he was a evil piece of work
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2011 06:17     Subject: Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

i think he didn't know lobotomy was ? he believe that it could cure her but instead it made her brain dead.

I thought when he said she had operation that he got her tubes tied so she couldn't get pregnant.
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2011 04:06     Subject: Part 6

The cubrian missile crisis was interesting part as i studied that at school for GCSE History.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2011 10:16     Subject: Reply 25#25 bala's post

You cant say Jack wasn't warned about the possible loss of his marriage after Jackie is humiliated by his thing with Mary Meyer and the Soviet missile bases under construction in Cuba was an interesting history lesson
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2011 11:02     Subject: Part 7

I'm glad that Jack made the time to be at the hospital with the sad loss of their newborn son and Bobby being able to resist Marilyn's advances was great, the shooting we knew was coming but Jackie looked so happy holding his hand which made it even sadder
Author: bala    Time: 4-11-2011 11:09     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Yes i am glad but it's a shame he lost a kid and Marilyn advances were crazy but i didn't know she killed herself and bobby must feel guilty about that.

Everyone knew shooting was coming but i am curious what part 8 will cover.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2011 11:59     Subject: Part 8

Bobby loosing his temper in front of Jackie's kids was unfortunate but walking out on his wife was crazy, Bobby's decision to run for president and his assassination plus Jackie's decision to marry Aristotle Onassis was a interesting conclusion to the family's tragedies
Author: bala    Time: 4-11-2011 12:11     Subject: Part 8

Wow bobby took it hard but looking after Jackie was incredible but i can see it put a strain of his marriage when she asked him to see her in morning he didn't listen. . I can't believe bobby didn't have protection after what happen with Jack.You would of thought he learn have some sort bullet proof vest?.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-11-2011 16:02

The History Channel are showing it in 4 parts. I'm going to record them all and watch them together so I haven't read anything on the thread as I don't want to spoil it. But I'll be back after I've watched them all (in a few weeks time once they've all aired!)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-6-2011 01:25

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: bala    Time: 11-10-2014 10:16

There some confusion on this and i don't even know if this is true

It says The Kennedys are Back on REELZ

On October 13, 2014, it was announced that Katie Holmes will reprise her role as Jacqueline Kennedy in The Kennedys: After Camelot, a four part sequel set to be released sometime in 2016. She will also executive produce the miniseries and direct a single episode, with Jon Cassar returning to direct the remaining three. (Wiki)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-10-2014 10:22     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

This looks like a spin off

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0