Board logo

Subject: The Good Wife Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 9-7-2009 10:10     Subject: The Good Wife Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About The Show Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:10 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2009 00:07     Subject: The Good Wife 1x01 Pilot

Great first episode Alicia's first case was tough because the judge didn't like her husband but what a catch with the plastic bag on the surveillance camera
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2009 04:00     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes it was a good catch but i did find it funny when her daughter called and asked her did her did dad sleep with a girl her age she replied no there were all over 21   .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2009 23:22     Subject: The Good Wife 1x02 Stripped

Good episode and nice detective work by Alicia's son in finding out that the photos were fake
Author: bala    Time: 9-30-2009 00:30     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yes this is becoming a good show i mean this was a very good episode it was a difficult case with the stripper but she managed lose but he got arrested for other stripper but ending her listen tape on her computer was powerful and sad ending
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2009 02:33     Subject: The Good Wife 1x03 You Can't Go Home Again

Another good episode and Alicia spotting the sprinkler system made her case
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2009 06:47     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

yes it's funny how the little things can make diffrence to a case.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-14-2009 00:47     Subject: The Good Wife 1x04 Fixed

Good episode when Alicia uncovers evidence that possibly proves that the jury is tampering with but after all the running around it turns out to be their client
Author: bala    Time: 10-15-2009 09:18     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Wow this was an interesting episode i mean jury tampering made the episode interesting make law series more enjoyable because back story to case and put piece together was great.
Author: bala    Time: 10-21-2009 01:44     Subject: 1x05

Alicia uncovers evidence train tracks case thank one of the client telling her about the brakes that need replacing but look the grandmother decided the kids needed to see their father .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-21-2009 14:56     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

It was a shame that Alicia had to depose Sarah Conley to get the result they needed
Author: bala    Time: 11-4-2009 12:21     Subject: Episode 6

Wow another great episode and a very tough case a man convicted 6 years ago but the fact judge was Bull fan was amusing. The fact guy wearing bull sweatshirt convicted him for 6 years   , it's nice witness to say she's sorry to guy after switch face in photo to ask her
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-7-2009 11:22     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

I liked the way they switched the photoed to trick the witness who was more sure of the name and not the face
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2009 12:25     Subject: Episode 7

how the hell could that guy get away with practising law -i really didn't see that twist coming
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-12-2009 14:20     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

He was really good but that was quite an elaborate scam
Author: bala    Time: 11-13-2009 00:17     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

think about all the cases he worked on ?
Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2009 11:06     Subject: Unprepared

Good episode figure out who sets the fire was interesting mystery and lawyer prep witness interesting way of presenting the case meanwhile her son is hiding the mysterious package they receiving.
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2009 07:29     Subject: Threesome

Well this good episode but ending with her kiss her husband was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-29-2009 13:50     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

I liked the way her son hide his camera phone but i cant imagine that the battery would last very long
Author: slade01    Time: 11-29-2009 13:57

This show has really grown on me.  I watched the first episode and was unsure but after a few episodes I was hooked.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-29-2009 14:38     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

I cant believe the call girl approached Alicia after Peter warned her off
Author: bala    Time: 12-16-2009 10:23     Subject: Infamy

Wow another great episode i honestly don't know what worse for a judge being a racist or getting kick backs from a juvenile detention centre for sending children there?.
Author: slade01    Time: 12-16-2009 13:17

This episode does illustrate the stupidity of American politics.  Just because she didn't stop her employee from exposing a corrupt judge she cannot become a judge herself.
Author: bala    Time: 12-16-2009 13:21     Subject: Reply 23#23 slade01's post

Well i think it's covenant for her as she didn't want leave the law firm it gave her a way out but your right.   .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-16-2009 14:17     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

He was an arrogant Judge even with a friendly word from a friend he thought the kid were better off by going to detention center
Author: reremamore    Time: 12-16-2009 18:34     Subject: golden globe nomination

This is such a good show.  I have missed Julianna Margolies since E.R.  I am so glad she was nominated for a golden globe, I am hoping because of the nomination the show will be around for awhile.  Does anyone know how well it does in ratings?
Author: bala    Time: 1-6-2010 02:20     Subject: Episode 11

Wow telling Alicia about wire-tap before signing the confidential agreement was nice of that women. I'm glad the baby was found
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2010 04:05     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

I thought when the Judge said is anyone going to object after the knock once for yes and twice for no speech and someone knocked twice was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2010 05:54     Subject: 1x12 Painkiller

I liked the way Alicia got the message to her husband in prison but the mother of the high school quarterback buying the tablets
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2010 06:18     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yeah i know what you mean after all that it was his mother pill that caused his death
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2010 05:41     Subject: Bad

Great episode so will he take the deal or not ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2010 12:38     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Nancy Crozier played the novice part well and Diane learning to shoot when she feels threatened when a felon she worked to put in prison is released
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2010 12:40     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I would like see her again on the opposite side
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2010 06:24     Subject: Hi

Well what an intense episode i am glad he was innocent after all that. So now he's back home
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-10-2010 15:07     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

Spotting the missing rubber foot of the laptop made the case
Author: bala    Time: 3-3-2010 08:51     Subject: Bang

Well this was a good episode with her husband under house-arrest he still manages to get around and i like new guy on the show, he seem like an interesting character to introduce.
Author: shinny    Time: 3-5-2010 00:41

Great to see Alan Cumming joining this. He is a brilliant actor, he plays the smarmy, annoying characters really well (think Circle of Friends!!) - You can't hear his Scottish accent at all, he has the American accent down to a tee!

So we know that Alicia does know that Will has a thing for her and they had a little lingering moment in this episode, interesting.

I loved the flirting between Diane and Kurt McVeigh/"Marlboro Man"(Gary Cole, I used to love him in Midnight Caller!!) - hopefully he stays in it for a while.
Author: bala    Time: 3-10-2010 03:50     Subject: Fleas

Great episode i mean Alicia taking condoms after her husband accused her and now her son might get that girl pregnant . I love this show i wonder who they get to be 3rd partner.
Author: shinny    Time: 3-10-2010 14:07

Yeh, can't wait to see who they get as the new partner. Great episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-14-2010 09:31     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

I liked the way Alicia managed to fine a way round with the spousal privilege laws
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-14-2010 09:36     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

I think Alicia's son will be probably filmed so the girlfriend will have some leverage over the family but the condom thing was funny
Author: bala    Time: 3-14-2010 09:47     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Yeah i was thinking same thing but it would me more interesting if she became pregnant that created more drama now that husband is at home . it's likely she probably film it but i feeling that guy steal the tape
Author: shinny    Time: 3-17-2010 01:48     Subject: Heart

Well well, Alicia and Will finally kissed and we all knew it was coming. I felt sorry for Peter, a little, in this episode because he was just a substitute for Will.

I hope they bring Patti more into this show because I love her character!!
Author: bala    Time: 3-17-2010 02:24     Subject: Reply 43#43 shinny's post

This was a great episode i was kind surprised at Alicia for coming back but than what she did with her husband felt wrong but i never thought she felt anything for him.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-21-2010 06:15     Subject: Reply 43#43 shinny's post

Yes i felt sorry for Peter because i think she was also thinking of Will
Author: Sweetp    Time: 3-22-2010 10:40

Am I the only one who doesn't like Will, I don't get it....I'm a female and I like Peter better then Will.
Author: bala    Time: 3-22-2010 10:46     Subject: Reply 46#46 Sweetp's post

look like are you forget the whole point of this show was that she was good wife to Peter and he cheated on her and to make matter worst the whole media kept replaying that awful moment. So how can you like Peter better than Will, Will gave her an opportunity to become a lawyer and help her support her family. That why people like Will
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2010 11:32     Subject: Doubt

Well this was interesting given 2 perspectives one from lawyer and other jurors.  the ending really  shows the injustice of legal system. If i was her i would taken the deal because i wouldn't risk 25 years in jail compared to 10 years if she stuck it out she would been free but she had no idea. I wonder how often this happens
Author: shinny    Time: 4-7-2010 13:05     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

I agree, it was so uncertain as to which way it would go she had to take the deal. If only you had some sort of inclination of how it was going!!

At the start I didn't really like this episode but as it went on I quite enjoyed it.
Author: slade01    Time: 4-7-2010 14:15     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

It was actually 45 years not 25., not quite sure why as it wasn't pre-meditated  I think that was what made her take the deal.

I really liked this episode as you got to see both sides of the justice system.  It does really show how unfair it is.  The only thing is that she will never know that she made the wrong choice.

I like the judge, I wish there were more like him as the courts would be a lot more fun.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2010 10:31     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

This was a great insight for anyone who has not done jury service but that was a tragic gamble but what you find out after you have given your verdict about their past is fascinating but you wished you had known in earlier
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2010 10:36     Subject: Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

Would you taken gamble?,  you got admit her defence team weren't as good i mean changing balletic experts half way through and revelation sleeping with senior partner really damaged case.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2010 10:39     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

Probable not after the earlier mistakes
Author: slade01    Time: 4-13-2010 15:00     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

I think I would have taken the deal.

I am currently studying to be a Barrister (UK trial lawyer) and after the mistakes they made, which would not happen in the UK, I think I would have predicted a guilty verdict.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-13-2010 15:50

But, could she have appealed? I mean, say she had not taken the deal would an appeal have been on the cards had she got a guilty verdict? I'm not sure about US law, so that's why I ask.

I'd like to think I'd say "I'm innocent so no deal" but, if you were in that position after all that happened, I think you'd probably take the deal too (unless the appeal option was there)
Author: slade01    Time: 4-13-2010 16:33

If she had taken the chance and hoped for a 'NOT GUILTY' verdict then if she had been found guilty then she would be only able to appeal if there was new evidence that proved her innocence or there was an error in law which affected her trial.

She would though have to stay in jail until she was found innocent which could take years.
Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2010 04:51     Subject: Boom

Good episode it been ages since we seen a new episode but ending was good, he is keeping secrets and she decided walk out on him and he decided to chase after her with alarms ringing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-29-2010 01:39     Subject: Reply 57#57 bala's post

He got what he deserved after dragging the family to church but he goes out the back to meet that guy wearing the wire but how far will he get after setting off his alarm
Author: bala    Time: 4-29-2010 01:52     Subject: Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

That's the thing about this show the ending make you want to know what going happen next?
Author: bala    Time: 5-5-2010 06:49     Subject: Mock

Well it look like his kids covered for him but Will get played by female law student was good. . Women wonder why men don't trust women
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2010 12:14     Subject: Reply 60#60 bala's post

The skateboard accident was a clever way to cover up the breaking of the alarm and the female law student was good but if that is what she does in a mock court i would hate to think what she could do for real
Author: bala    Time: 5-7-2010 22:08     Subject: Reply 61#61 codebreaker's post

Yes it makes you wonder what she would do-do you think she trying get a job at that firm?
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2010 07:11     Subject: Unplugged

Well look like Alicia won thank Eli helping her out and i  am going miss him other guy he was good character
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2010 01:39     Subject: Reply 63#63 bala's post

It looks like Alicia's possible contacts got her the job, i liked Alicia's line it's like a date with the executioner but Cary saying it's usually the first was cruel
Author: carlorica    Time: 5-14-2010 08:12     Subject: Reply 64#64 codebreaker's post

I have to agree Alicia's move to bring in Eli was good. It saved her from bring cut and brings her into play in her Husbands run for his old position again.
Author: bala    Time: 5-19-2010 08:18     Subject: Hybristophilia

Well i didn't think Alicia was get surprise when she walk in with dead hooker chained to client leg but he finally going to jail .
Author: kwargalla    Time: 5-19-2010 16:15

well it was a given that alicia would get the job, and cary would be upset and end up working for the dark side - aka Childs.  but i kinda wish they had been able to keep he at the firm.  i liked that he was actually kinda learning from alicia and the way he would flirt with calinda.  

now peter is out and hopefully we'll see him actually try to make right with his "good" wife cause so far it's been all about him - his getting out of jail, his getting out of house arrest, his getting back into politics, his finding religion - not much with making amends to his family especially his wife.  I am so hoping alicia trys things with will but than her annoying children would get all *itchy at her.  It's fine with them that their dad did it but hey if mom stays at work late she's a bad person, mother and wife.  

PS i love eli's character and the peter's new lawyer makes me laugh!!

Author: gabsimom    Time: 5-19-2010 19:10

I am not reading this thread yet but am up to episode 9 in 3 days and am loving this show. I thought I would hate it but really am quite surprised how much I love this.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-20-2010 08:51     Subject: Reply 66#66 bala's post

Colin Sweeney should think himself lucky with eight years especially after admitting to killing his wife as well
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-26-2010 06:19     Subject: 1x23 Running

It looks like Kalinda was making a move on Lana in the lockup but was it because she thought she leaked information and other than Alicia keeping her husband waiting at the press conference it was a disappointing season final
Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2010 06:57     Subject: Reply 70#70 codebreaker's post

Well i liked that clif-hanger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-26-2010 07:21     Subject: Reply 71#71 bala's post

Whats your prediction will she answer the phone to Will or join her husband i think she will join her husband for the sac of her the family
Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2010 07:29     Subject: Reply 72#72 codebreaker's post

i don't know but i think she will join her husband -she's not self-fish
Author: kwargalla    Time: 5-26-2010 08:11

was this the final? cause the stuff i read said she was gonna make her choice between will & peter.  if this was the final i guess she choose with tell will enough with the the talk that she needs a plan and actually action already.  but the whole cliffhanger, urgggg.

cary seemed like he really is gonna go dark side and like it.  i'm sure the actor playing him will have fun with that twist.
poor calinda - having to second guess her friends on the force and then finding out it was all a lie.  But i must say they really left the case hanging for my tastes - other than calinda passing on the info.  i guess i would have liked seeing the wife arrested.

Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2010 08:24     Subject: Reply 74#74 kwargalla's post

according episode guide this was final episode
Author: kwargalla    Time: 5-28-2010 07:48

That's what the episode guide i was going by said - so as a final it ticks me off.  I don't mind cliffhangers - but they should have made it after she made her choice!!
Author: bala    Time: 5-28-2010 07:56     Subject: Reply 76#76 kwargalla's post

Well that episode guide is from tv.com we know that it's user submitted.
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2010 09:53     Subject: The Good Wife Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers)

A very good returning episode and some interesting new character and revelation. i am glad Eli delete Will phone message but it does look like she might forgive her husband but Alicia finding out who new mentor is was great end to the episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-5-2010 02:41     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

It's a good job that the second message left by Will was the type of message that didn't need a reply before Eli deleted it and i like the way Kalinda tracked down Onya. Alicia stopping the judge from asking her witness and forcing the closing statement before the new evidence arrived was great
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2010 08:59     Subject: Double Jeopardy

Well Carry getting the guy arrested after losing his case was a  low blow but Alicia got him off twice. What is that girl doing setting up her dad enemy son to say bad thing about his dad.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-11-2010 02:03     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

I liked the way Will got his continuance in army court by getting the judge to hold him in contempt and Cary got it wrong when he got it taken up by army court
Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2010 09:26     Subject: Breaking Fast

Well another great episode it great to see Alicia brother making joke that her husband doesn't like gay people . Eli got so worked up about it . The sniper case was a bit confusing but the kid got the money in the end.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2010 09:24     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

That was a nice result for the kid trying to clear his father in the sniper case and that was a lucky find with the limo video, Owen's visits after his questionable remarks was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2010 06:30     Subject: Cleaning House

Wow so 3rd party cause so damage but i love surprise ending is to who 3th candidate was for election and Eli get blind sided and Clalina damage other guy car was cool
Author: Sweetp    Time: 10-20-2010 14:08     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

So I'm not the only one who was happy he deleted the message. I don't know why but I don't like Will. As a woman you would think that I would want Alicia with Will and to dump her husband but the writers on this show actually got me to like her husband.
Author: Sweetp    Time: 10-20-2010 14:10     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Calinda and that guy were so freaking sexy, my goodness did she just feel him up!!  And Eli is like my second favorite character I am so happy they got him on the show, he is a great addition.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2010 23:58     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Calinda but nice work with the baseball bat, Nancy and Alicia were great in court
Author: bala    Time: 10-27-2010 03:21     Subject: VIP Treatment

Well this was really boring episode but you just don't know whether i believe her or not but did they take the case or not ?- she seem walked out at the end so look like we will see next week.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-2-2010 02:01     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

The VIP massage therapist did seem very calm but Wilk Hobson wanting to back Peter in return for Alicia dropping the case does seem there is more to this than meets the eye and there is nothing worse than a man who thinks he's above the law
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2010 00:45     Subject: Poisoned Pill

Well Micheal J fox is still excellent as an actor and he did a great job despite suffering from parkinson disease . He really deserve some sort of award.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-15-2010 23:01     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

I didn't realise it was Micheal J fox but using his illness to try and sway the jurors was a bit unorthodoks but the look on Alicia's face when Louis Canning told her what was on the table was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 11-17-2010 13:09     Subject: Bad Girls

Well that popster wasn't a bad girl it was all an act but i liked that her sister finally taking the responsibility and mother trying steal her daughter out didn't go out well. Eli better watch out look his backing with church is going fall through.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-22-2010 23:23     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

What a situation with the mother trying to protect one guilty daughter and allowing the innocent one to take the blame but the guilty daughter finally taking the responsibility was the right thing to do
Author: bala    Time: 11-24-2010 07:14     Subject: On Tap

Wow what a revelation episode for Alicia listen to those wire-tap on Eli phone and i was wondering if she will ever find out about Will's second message and it look like she has but has no idea that Eli delete it but it's clear Will has moved on.

Clandia finding out other guy framed her with her baseball bat made her angry it will be interesting see how she will pay him back for that.

I had feeling fake Chiles page would backfire and it did
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-27-2010 13:13     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

In my opinion that court case was amusing (in my opinion) and Alicia trying to get off the phone quickly from Eli after listening to all the tapes was quick thinking
Author: bala    Time: 12-15-2010 05:10     Subject: Nine Hours

Well that one hell of episode glad it all worked but to think if that clerk hadn't called none of this would of happened
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-16-2010 01:59     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

That was a close call but the clerk's call made them all work on the weekend for a good cause
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-12-2011 04:29     Subject: 2x10 Breaking Up

Getting the kids to take the murder weapon that was linked to their client backfired when he told the police instead but the love between the couple was great and him taking the blame to protect her and their unborn child was nice
Author: bala    Time: 1-12-2011 05:13     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yes Kerry manipulated the whole situation for his own benefit.
Author: bala    Time: 1-19-2011 04:50     Subject: Two Courts

Another good episode with clenda getting a huge salary bump which she deserves but i knew as soon guy who predicted not guilty i knew it would be a guilty verdict.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0