Board logo

Subject: 18 to Life (CBS Canada) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-4-2011 01:20     Subject: 18 to Life (CBS Canada)

The dust from the Category Five hurricane that was Tom and Jessie's spontaneous marriage has finally settled.  Which means Tom and Jessie are free to be the adult couple they were meant to be.  The good news is they now control their own destiny.  The bad news is they now control their own destiny.

Season II begins with Jessie bumping into a boyfriend from the past.  The encounter knocks Tom off balance and prompts Carter to pose a dangerous question:  How many people have Tom and Jessie really slept with?  Their escalating web of lies soon ensnares them both, and unearths a secret that puts their marriage in a whole new light.

Tom and Jessie survive the ordeal (the old "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" thing) but the stage is set for one helluva first year.  They'll discover part-time jobs are more fun when they work apart.  They'll lose a sex tape, lose each other in the woods, and one of them will lose the toilet seat battle.  They'll face pregnancy scares, a death in the family, a little jail time, and nearly get nailed by an exploding deep-fried turkey.  Also, there's a gay massage, but that's just a misunderstanding.  Point is, Tom and Jessie must engage in some serious romantic acrobatics to make it through to the season's conclusion: their one year anniversary.  But make it through they do, at least until the presents are exchanged...

Meanwhile, the parents discover they can still hate each other without Tom and Jessie.  But they'll also discover they kinda, sorta, well... need each other.  That's the thing about neighbours, they're so conveniently located.  Always right next door when you need someone to lend a hand, or stir the pot.

But unlike season I, the divide will not always be split along property lines.  Season II will find Tara colluding with Ben for the greater good, Jessie turning to Judith for marital advice, and both houses splitting along gender lines.  We'll also see the parents make nice over an ill-advised camping trip, which brings their relationship to the next level.  But not the next next level, that happens later when the parents decide to make their first joint purchase: a backyard sauna (which finds the Hills on an unexpected side of the whole naked-or-not debate).

In the end, 18 to Life is all about our couples, and the secrets and surprises that emerge in the bedrooms of all three.  Judith neglecting to tell Ben about her Botox, for instance.  Tara asking Phil if he'd be okay with giving his sperm to a friend from college (guest star Leah Pinsent).  Or the Bellows scheming to destroy Tara's gift: a hideous portrait of the family she painted.  How the parents will choose to rise above their private challenges impacts how Tom and Jessie tackle their own marriage, for better or for worse...
http://www.cbc.ca/18tolife/

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 23:44 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-4-2011 01:21

I'm glad this has returned for a second season and must watch it later
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-4-2011 02:59     Subject: 2x01 One Is the Loneliest Number

Tom and Jessie counting their past sexual partners backfired after Tom lied about one who happens to have a son named Tommy as one of his past girlfriend
Author: bala    Time: 1-4-2011 04:18     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i been meaning to see this but wasn't sure when it airs
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-4-2011 04:20     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

You should try and watch season 1
Author: bala    Time: 1-4-2011 04:23     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I will but it's going strange both of us watch different season and using same topic
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-4-2011 04:28     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

No problem i will hold back my comments untill you catch up

PS you have a week

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-4-2011 12:29 ]
Author: bala    Time: 1-4-2011 07:14     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well if she hadn't dare him to propose to her they wouldn't got engaged but telling their parents were great and the decided show them what being married is all about
Author: bala    Time: 1-4-2011 07:47     Subject: No Strings Attached

Well all that moving around to find a place end up back at the attic but they used Sofa for good use.
Author: bala    Time: 1-4-2011 08:13     Subject: It's My Party

Well the stripper knowing guy dad was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 03:18     Subject: Detour

Well kids learn what married life is like by manipulating each other but it funny that his wife can drive and he can't
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 03:44     Subject: Baby Got Bank

Jessie and Tom enter dangerous waters of the joint bank account well Jessie isn't good with money but trust her with his money was a risk.
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 04:01     Subject: Goy Story

Well talking about taking a lie too far
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 04:29     Subject: Hanging Pictures

Well Tom finding out what hanging a picture was was funny but being uncomfortable with it with Jessie was reasonable but getting caught by Jessie Dad
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 04:59     Subject: Phil 'Er Up

Well phil moving in after having a fight with his wife was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 05:31     Subject: Working Noon to Five

Well not really a great episode but i knew it wouldn't of lasted
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 05:55     Subject: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Who would thought all it would take was getting lock in Phil garage to sort out there difference
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 06:21     Subject: In Sickness and in Health

Tom being sick and Jessie trying compete his mother when he was sick
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 09:54

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-4-2011 12:28  
No problem i will hold back my comments untill you catch up

PS you have a week

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-4-2011 12:29 ]
I did it in 2 days
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 09:55     Subject: Wingman

Well not bad season finale i was expecting them break up but they didn't
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2011 10:08     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

You did well, i must add this to next months suggestion for new shows
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 10:08     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

It's good thing today there was only few shows to watch
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2011 10:10     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

Ive had a busy day so i still have five to watch
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 10:22     Subject: Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

i see you managed get old  forum avatar back
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2011 10:24     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

It took about 10 attempts
Author: bala    Time: 1-5-2011 12:01

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-4-2011 10:59  
Tom and Jessie counting their past sexual partners backfired after Tom lied about one who happens to have a son named Tommy as one of his past girlfriend
Yes but i am surprised they didn't know each other number since there know each other for a long time
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2011 01:11     Subject: 2x02 - 15 Minutes of Shame

As soon as Jessie said who says no to a proposal and Tom saying about marking his territory you knew would backfire
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2011 01:41     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Yes but he did say he should her videos on youtube

That pink top he was wearing the end didn't look great on him.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-18-2011 06:50     Subject: 2x03 Part Time Lovers

Wearing the wrong name tag after their romp it the stockroom was amusing but Tom is not happy about Jessie being his boss and I'm glad she didn't have to fire him for what she did
Author: bala    Time: 1-19-2011 12:02     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yeah but it's never a good idea work work with your wife
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2011 00:02     Subject: 2x04 I Do and I Don't

Phil's joke marriage proposal almost backfired but that was a short marriage and i didn't know the girl code top everything
Author: bala    Time: 1-25-2011 01:40     Subject: Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

Yeah women had complete set of code but both of them getting in trouble with their other half was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-1-2011 16:37     Subject: 2x05 Overcooked

Tara and Jessie competing at the art of flirtation was amusing and Tom thinking he could one-up his mother in the art of cooking at the family diner table would have never of worked
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-8-2011 03:21     Subject: 2x06 Family Portrait

I cant believe Tom lost their sex tape but the fake break in backfired when Tom thought his sex tape was stolen along with the family portrait by Tara that they don't like
Author: bala    Time: 2-8-2011 05:41     Subject: Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

Well I can't believe Tara and Jessie competing at the art of flirtation that was stupid   . I like who the surprise judge was   . The my bad situation was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 2-8-2011 06:12     Subject: Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

That was ridiculous all of that just to get rid of a painting
Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2011 06:42     Subject: Sleepless in the Attic

When Phil's school pal Serena bikes into town with for a surprise visit, she has an unusual request and what a funny request to ask his wife. Tom and Jesse temporary separation was concerning Tom because they couldn't get a goodnight sleep. Tom sneaking into Jesse's bedroom share bed with her dad was amusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-15-2011 06:49     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

Serena's request was an unusual request and a surprise and Tom sneaking into bed with her dad was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-22-2011 05:39     Subject: 2x08 The Flushing Point

The row over toilet seat was amusing but Phil's compulsion to close things was funny
Author: bala    Time: 2-22-2011 09:59     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

What a great way for her to control him for such a long time without him knowing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-1-2011 04:03     Subject: 2x09 Miss Conceived

Tom jumping to the wrong conclusion after he discovers a positive pregnancy stick in the trash and then everyone else doing the same thing was funny but it turns out to be twelve years old
Author: bala    Time: 3-1-2011 09:23     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Wow why would keep it for that long
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-9-2011 02:57     Subject: 2x10 If a Bellow Falls in the Forest

You cant call that camping when they arrived at the campground in an immense R/V but locking themselves out and sleeping on the roof and Jessie and Tom getting lost in the woods was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 3-9-2011 11:43     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

Well the Deer incident was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2011 07:20     Subject: 2x11 Like Father, Like Son's Best Friend

Jessie and Tom pretending to be fighting in the hope Ava would get over her breakup after crashes out in their loft worked but with a painful slap
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-22-2011 03:35     Subject: 2x12 The Gate

I thought Phil building a Gate in the fence dividing their properties so that the Bellows can visit their Grandma's shrine was nice but Tom trying to invent nice things to say at her Eulogy was amusing and I'm not surprised that Ben locked the gate
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2011 06:19     Subject: Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

That gate was blessing in disguise but using their bathroom was evade on personal space
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-23-2011 06:22     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

I realised yesterday that next week is the finale episode
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2011 06:51     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Yeah i don't mind since normal show are back in april- The new show i desperate to watch is body of proof which has messed around since last year
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-29-2011 12:38     Subject: 2x13 House of Cards

It was obvious that their parents gift was more for themselves than Jessie and Tom's but their own anniversary gifts that they can't afford was amusing but selling their parents gift was probably for the best
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2011 08:03     Subject: Reply 50#50 codebreaker's post

i found it amusing that marriage was invalid   it also amusing how close the family got thanks jessie and tom getting married. gay message situation was amusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2011 08:06     Subject: Reply 51#51 bala's post

According to tvrage this has now ended
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2011 08:10     Subject: Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

it hasn't been renewed?

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0