Board logo

Subject: Outsourced Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2010 04:02     Subject: Outsourced Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

"Outsourced" is a comedy where the Midwest meets the exotic East in a hilarious culture clash. The series centers on the all-American company Mid America Novelties that sells whoopee cushions, foam fingers and wallets made of bacon -- and whose call center has suddenly been outsourced to India. Todd Dempsy (Ben Rappaport, off-Broadway's "The Gingerbread House") is the new company's manager who learns that he's being transferred to India to run the operation. Overwhelmed, Todd discovers that his new staff needs a crash course in all things American if they are to understand the U.S. product line and ramp up sales from halfway around the world. But as strange as America seems to his eclectic sales team, Todd soon realizes that figuring out India will be more than a full-time job.

http://www.nbc.com/outsourced/

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-4-2011 07:52 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2010 04:07     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

This I'm looking forward too after watching the sneak peak and I'm sure we have all had to deal with call centers in India
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2010 06:23

Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2010 09:58     Subject: Pilot

Well this wasn't exactly on my watch list but i had some free time today so i gave this a shot it was a lot better than i thought it was going to be. Still it really make Americans look bad. who would buy novality things like those.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-28-2010 12:06     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

I cant believe the Americans would buy them novelty items but the quiet one selling vomit and poo was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2010 05:53     Subject: 1x02 The Measure Of A Manmeet

Gupta trying to read lips and thinking he was fired was funny and Todd's head nodding at Rajiv after he said about a raise was hilarious
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-14-2010 07:00     Subject: 1x03 Party of Five

The so called double date with Charlie and Tonya - Todd  with Asha and Gupta but Todd thinking Asha was playing footsie when it was Tonya instead was amusing but then Tonya saying or about to say was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-23-2010 07:26     Subject: 1x04 Jolly Vindaloo Day

Rajiv standing up to his girlfriend's father was amusing and the revenge on the cafeteria bullies was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-23-2010 08:27     Subject: 1x05 Touched By An Anglo

Todd does need to find out more about the Indian culture after the sexual harassment seminar but when he has a complaint about him he tries to fix the problem but only makes matters worse
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-23-2010 16:34

lol I am really liking this show. Poor Todd.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-4-2010 01:57     Subject: 1x06 Bolloween

Another good episode with Todd trying to get the office in the holiday spirit, but his co-workers have no idea what Halloween is all about and Manmeet in his chick magnet costume but having trouble talking to Tonya's air hostess friend so he can only talk on the phone was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-9-2010 03:06     Subject: 1x07 Truly, Madly, Pradeeply

Madhuri giving Todd' her ticket to a concert so he can surprise her and hopefully have a Bollywood ending didn't go to plan but was a nice gesture
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-17-2010 00:30     Subject: 1x08 Home For the Diwalidays

Tonya did a great job in helping Todd forget about his feelings for Asha and Rajiv trying to blackmail Todd over the CCTV footage was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2010 08:33     Subject: 1x09 Temporary Monsanity

I liked the way Tonya proved to Todd's brother that she's real
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-8-2010 09:59     Subject: 1x10 Homesick To My Stomach

Todd's feeling homesick for his favorite football team, the Kansas City but isnt that typical to get food poisoning and not able to watch the game
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-21-2011 10:30     Subject: 1x11 A Sitar is Born

Todd with his hear to the toiled door when he hears a beautiful singing voice was funny but I'm glad Gupta got stage fright because Madhuri has a great singing voice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-28-2011 14:09     Subject: 1x12 Sari, Charlie

Todd trying to keeping his relationship with Tonya a secret from Charlie to protect his feelings was amusing especially when he found them at the restaurant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-5-2011 11:23     Subject: 1x13 Training Day

Tonya deciding to help Charlie find a date was funny especially when she actually fancied her instead and Todd rewarding his staff for all of their hard work by taking them on a retreat but what a train journey
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-12-2011 16:09     Subject: 1x14 The Todd Couple

Manmeet juggling two different women on Valentine's Day but getting caught was amusing and Tonya accidentally jumping into bed with Gupta was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-19-2011 16:18     Subject: 1x15 Guess Who's Coming to Delhi

It was obvious that that Jerry had no interest in work and is ready to party but Todd ending up in hot water with Tonya and her mother was amusing especially when she had to bail him out of jail
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-27-2011 07:05     Subject: 1x16 Take This Punjab and Shove It

Todd's reaction when he finds out that someone close to him has poached his new recruit was amusing but threatening to withhold sex from Tonya when he found out his new recruit was working for her was funny but Gupta taking Manmeet wallet just for his licence to drive was strange
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-27-2011 07:25

I really like this show and the Wallet thing just seemed out of character to me too.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-27-2011 07:36     Subject: Reply 22#22 gabsimom's post

This is one of the best new comedy shows. the Wallet was out of character but glad he only took the licence
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-18-2011 16:56     Subject: 1x17 Todd's Holi War

The fight over the air-con was amusing and Rajiv tries to surprise his girlfriend during her favorite holiday but didn't go to plan but at leased she did say yes and Manmeet dream in the air vent was creepy
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2011 06:52     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

I can finally catch up on this
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2011 07:32     Subject: Reply 25#25 bala's post

It's well worth watching in my opinion
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2011 07:33     Subject: Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

i wasn't impressed by the first episode which was why i decided leave it on back burner until summer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2011 07:44     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

It must be by sense of humour
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2011 07:52     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

I see you sense of humour anyway i will catch up by next week

I needed a TV show challenge this and insecurity
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-27-2011 07:36     Subject: 1x18 Gupta's Hit & Manmeet's Missus

Gupta was laying it on a little to much about his injuries from Rajiv's slap and Manmeet video from his American girlfriend was a little sexy but he enlists Charlie's help to impress her with a video of his own which was amusing, the talk hole was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 3-28-2011 09:58

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-7-2010 13:53  
Gupta trying to read lips and thinking he was fired was funny and Todd's head nodding at Rajiv after he said about a raise was hilarious
Manmeet breaking up half American people was rather amusing.
Author: bala    Time: 3-28-2011 10:22

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-14-2010 15:00  
The so called double date with Charlie and Tonya - Todd  with Asha and Gupta but Todd thinking Asha was playing footsie when it was Tonya instead was amusing but then Tonya saying or about to say was  ...
Yeah that was rather amusing but Charlie walking down the street naked with coconut covering his privates was highlight of the episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-10-2011 13:51     Subject: 1x19 Charlie Curries A Favor From Todd

Charlies face after eating pepper in the roulette game was amusing but I'm not surprised Charlie caused friction with Todd when he hires him until he finds a new job
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-15-2011 00:59     Subject: 1x20 Mama Sutra

It was amusing when Tonya's mom coming back in town for another visit because Charlies started an affair with her and Madhuri telling Tonya that Todd was going to have an affair after reading her palms
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2011 22:04     Subject: 1x21 Rajiv Ties the Baraat

Todd deciding to throw Rajiv an American bachelor party on the eve of his upcoming nuptials was amusing and looking forward to the season finale to see what his bride does after she found out
Author: sanggye    Time: 5-11-2011 15:38

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-15-2011 03:59  
It was amusing when Tonya's mom coming back in town for another visit because Charlies started an affair with her and Madhuri telling Tonya that Todd was going to have an affair after reading her palm ...
Todd screwed up again, but guiess it is for the best
Author: sanggye    Time: 5-11-2011 15:40     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Getting the transgender stripper was funny, and the whole love is like a bird, what a line
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-19-2011 04:06     Subject: 1x22 Rajiv Ties The Baraat, Part 2

Rajiv's face when he found out about his future brides past was amusing and Asha holding Todd's hand and saying he listened to his heat was nice

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0