Board logo

Subject: Unnatural History Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2010 08:52     Subject: Unnatural History Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

An action-packed blend of science, western culture, eastern philosophy and martial arts, Unnatural History is an urban adventure series centered around Henry Griffin, a teenager with exceptional skills acquired through years of globe-trotting with his anthropologist parents. But Henry faces his biggest challenge of all when he moves back to America to attend a high school stranger than any place he's ever lived before.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/unnaturalhistory/

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 22:38 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2010 09:24     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

Henry's parents decide that it's best for him to go to a high school after traveling the world. In his new school, he meets new friends and uncovers a huge secret.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2010 09:27     Subject: 1x02 The Griffin Gang

An old germ is released following the discovery of a Pony Express mailbag and a barrel of missing Nevada silver, forcing Henry to track down a cure in order to save his fellow students.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2010 09:29     Subject: 1x03 Sleeper in a Box

Remnants of Sputnik 1 are found in a crate stored within the DOUM (Division of Obscure and Unknown Miscellany) Rooms, and Russian mafia mobsters (veterans of the Cold War) set out to retrieve it in order to gain access to the secrets it contains. A female student who is curious about Henry's previous adventures is also blackmailed by the mobsters.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-14-2010 09:31     Subject: 1x04 Heart of a Warrior

A traveling Samurai exhibit, rumored to be haunted, comes to the museum. When, Henry discovers that some of the exhibit items are being stolen, he is not believed by his uncle. Henry, Maggie and Jasper therefore try to take matters into their own hands, shadowing a martial artist, who they suspect is the thief.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-22-2010 08:38     Subject: 1x05 Fountain of Truth

Henry’s Godfather leaves Henry a trunk containing artifacts which leads him to uncover a secret discovery made by Ponce deLeon.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-28-2010 04:10     Subject: 1x06 Public School Enemies

Another good episode when Henry stumbles upon a secret in the Dillinger car but Maggie and Jasper getting locked in the trunk was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-4-2010 11:34     Subject: 1x07 Liberian Candidate

interesting episode with Henry's friend's father being the victim of an assassination plot by his hypnotized son but Henry saved the day with a goal kick
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2010 10:39     Subject: 1x08 Curse of the Rolling Stone

Good episode when Henry tries to figure out the truth behind the mysterious and supposedly cursed ruby but jasper getting jealous of Henry and Maggie was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-20-2010 06:44     Subject: 1x09 Now You See Me

Interesting episode when Henry investigates the mysterious disappearance of a young boy who disappeared while assisting Harry Houdini with one of his tricks. Margaret and Jasper getting handcuffed was neat but Henry faking his death and replacing the woman gun for a deck of cards was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-25-2010 22:33     Subject: 1x10 Maximum Insecurity

I thought it was obvious that the museum security upgrade would be something different but when a gang of thieves try to steal a WWII computer it had to be Maggie, Jasper and Henry that saved the day
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2010 23:39

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-14-2010 17:24  
Henry's parents decide that it's best for him to go to a high school after travelling the world. In his new school, he meets new friends and uncovers a huge secret.
Well i got fed up of waiting so i watched the first episode and i thought it was interesting, it's still a kids shows but it did keep my interest. Well i never really heard of a museum inside of a school?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-1-2010 00:21

The first 9 episode has now been added to VIP
Author: bala    Time: 9-1-2010 00:26     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

i am glad it's here

just as usage got reset
Author: bala    Time: 9-1-2010 09:47

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-14-2010 17:27  
An old germ is released following the discovery of a Pony Express mailbag and a barrel of missing Nevada silver, forcing Henry to track down a cure in order to save his fellow students.
Yes this was interesting situation but it's still a kids show but he's impressive breaking into the research army base to get the cure. Talk about discovering something that almost kill you.
Author: bala    Time: 9-1-2010 11:28

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-14-2010 17:29  
Remnants of Sputnik 1 are found in a crate stored within the DOUM (Division of Obscure and Unknown Miscellany) Rooms, and Russian mafia mobsters (veterans of the Cold War) set out to retrieve it in or ...
This was another good episode but i did find it funny when she told her dad it was Sputnik and he didn't believe her. . It was a great idea launch it shame it didn't go to plan .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-1-2010 23:17     Subject: 1x11 Thor’s Slammer

Dean Bartlett being accused of a man who was murdered fifteen years ago after Henry is nearly swallowed by quicksand, and he finds an old hammer and a mummified body. Henry tries to clear his uncle's name by solving the murder and finding the artifact that murdered man was looking for
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2010 04:29

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-14-2010 17:31  
A travelling Samurai exhibit, rumoured to be haunted, comes to the museum. When, Henry discovers that some of the exhibit items are being stolen, he is not believed by his uncle. Henry, Maggie and Jasper ...
Another good episode I enjoy samurai fight competition and when he found out he beaten by a girl it was great but it was good that it wasn't obvious who it was until she removed her mask.
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2010 04:31

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-22-2010 16:38  
Henry’s Godfather leaves Henry a trunk containing artefacts which leads him to uncover a secret discovery made by Ponce deLeon.
The fountain of youth is a addictive drug? . That's one interpretation i never heard of
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2010 04:35

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-28-2010 12:10  
Another good episode when Henry stumbles upon a secret in the Dillinger car but Maggie and Jasper getting locked in the trunk was amusing
It would been funny if Jasper tried to kiss Maggie when they were locked up or at least asked her whether she was ever interested in him.. I loved how Henry had to get over his fear of driving after what happen to him when he was 8 years old.
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2010 07:40

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-14-2010 18:39  
Good episode when Henry tries to figure out the truth behind the mysterious and supposedly cursed ruby but jasper getting jealous of Henry and Maggie was interesting
This episode felt out of place story-line wise because in this episode it looked like Henry has never used internet-chat for his parents but in pervious episode he has. The jealously Henry and Maggie was also out of place which this should been second episode but they added it later.
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2010 08:59

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-20-2010 14:44  
Interesting episode when Henry investigates the mysterious disappearance of a young boy who disappeared while assisting Harry Houdini with one of his tricks. Margaret and Jasper getting handcuffed was ...
This was the best episode so far but how far we meant to believe Henry skills ?. Everyone know practice make perfect but no way he has muscle memory.
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2010 10:22

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-26-2010 06:33  
I thought it was obvious that the museum security upgrade would be something different but when a gang of thieves try to steal a WWII computer it had to be Maggie, Jasper and Henry that saved the day
Yes all because Henry forgot exam entrance sheet if he hadn't they would of got away with it.
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2010 11:28     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

It does seem the episode are getting more elaborate as episode goes on.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 9-2-2010 18:16

I am not reading any of this thread yet but it is a cute feel good entertaining show. I am rather enjoying it.
Author: bala    Time: 9-15-2010 11:31     Subject: Speetlemania

Well what a great party they had still manages to have an adventure without breaking into any places.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-19-2010 00:36     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

I thought the TV was going to get smashed but Jasper dream girl not remembering anything was funny so she probably wont remember the kiss
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2010 11:44     Subject: Past, Presidents and Future

Henry accidental assembling a atomic bomb by himself-that boy really know how create trouble but with his parents coming to see him it showed he hadn't changed. I think this was the season 1 finale but am not sure.
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-22-2010 11:46     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

Yeah it is the season finale. I hope it gets renewed. It is an interesting show and i love Henry's character.
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2010 11:49     Subject: Reply 29#29 carlorica's post

Yes it has become interesting show to watch not just for children but adults will enjoy that crazy stunt with flying spikes was crazy. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2010 21:33     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

This was a nice season finale even the over the top stunts with the spikes was great and they all managed to stay friends even after they thought Henry was leaving
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-23-2010 10:25     Subject: I am in the race

episode 1x01

The second time I have seen this.  It is an alright show.  I am slowly making my way through it.
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 9-23-2010 13:57     Subject: 1x01

this was a solid young indiana jones episode. i wouldn't have minded that internship in high school! hopefully the characters will get a lot less formulaic as the show evolves.

we're in the race!
Author: Mnemosyne    Time: 9-23-2010 14:20     Subject: I am in the race

I had started watching the pilot when it was first added to the site but stopped after 10 minutes or so. After watching the whole thing now, I was surprised as it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, I still don't think I'll keep watching, there's too much else on at the moment
Author: munch    Time: 9-23-2010 19:16

I am in the Race.

THat was an unusual show.  I quite enjoyed it even if it is a bit young for me.  My son would like it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-24-2010 05:42     Subject: I am in the race

This was just as good second time around
Author: angel-87    Time: 9-24-2010 07:39     Subject: i am in the race

was quite surprised at the fact i quite liked this lol, kind of reminded me of indiana jones lol
Author: fmkenney    Time: 9-24-2010 08:51     Subject: I am in the race!

I saw some previews of this show and am satisfied with my decision to view it. I like the fact that it is a family friendly format and enjoyable for any age. This show keys on the lost genre of mystery and suspense to fuel the viewer's attention. It also has an educational and culturally diverse taste that appeals to the internationally adventurous. three thumbs up!
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-24-2010 15:19

Racing to the finish

Well I like this show. I have been watching it and I hope that it gets another season. It is kind of like a High School version of Indiana Jones.
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-24-2010 15:35     Subject: Reply 39#39 carlorica's post

I don't know if many remember the tv series of Young Indiana Jones, ran for 4 years and had 4 tv moves made after the series.  Been years since I saw it, has been in DVD queue for about a year or so.  But what I can remember I liked it much better than this series, maybe because it was a bit more factual in things (It was designed partly as an educational show)

I do like this show from what I have seen of it (7 episodes so far)
Author: mrs_h    Time: 10-3-2010 01:28     Subject: Racing to the finish

I liked this, although there are other shows I will be trying to watch first. I agree with fmkenney that it would be a good show for families to watch. It will probably appeal to a younger audience but had enough in it to interest me too so I would definitely consider watching it again.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0