Board logo

Subject: The Gates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2010 22:51     Subject: The Gates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Nestled inside a private mountain community are The Gates. The image of perpetual suburban bliss, each street is lined with perfectly manicured homes protected by the massive iron gates, but a dark and delicious secret is buried just beneath the surface of this picturesque neighborhood.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-gates

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 16:54 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2010 22:52     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

The Monohan family move into their new home in The Gates, an exclusive community of perfectly manicured lawns and friendly neighbors. But things grow complicated when Nick Monohan, the new Chief of Police, has to investigate those neighbors in a missing persons case during his first day on the job. Claire and Dylan Radcliff fight to hide not only their involvement in Nick's case, but their rather unusual family secret. Meanwhile, Charlie Monohan tries to adjust to his new school, finding a friend in the beautiful but unavailable Andie Bates. Just when his family is finally settling in, Nick's world is rocked by a late-night caller with some terrible news
Author: kwargalla    Time: 6-24-2010 11:35

I must say, I'm kinda on the fence about this show.  After watching the first episode there are good things that have caught my eye; the supernatural aspect, the crime to be solved but the slight feel of desparate housewives thrown in is holding me back abit.  I'll have to keep watching to make my final discussion if it's a new show for me.  Hopefully it doesn't go to supernatural soapopera on me.  just not in the mood for watching something like that at the moment  
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2010 22:55

yes i just watch the episode and it was good but i hope it doesn't get soapopera but looking at sneak peek of the second episode i must say i was surprised to find out what Andie is. . Just when you think she's normal from the first episode
Author: bala    Time: 6-30-2010 11:12

The second episode was a bit more intresting just when you think it can't more mysterious and it seem everyone has a secret
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-1-2010 12:07     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

It does look like their all hiding secrets and with Andie being a Succubus how many different creatures are behind the gates
Author: bala    Time: 7-1-2010 12:10     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

i suspect quite a few i still trying to figure if that blonde women is a witch or just really good herbalist ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-1-2010 12:23     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Claire and Dylan Radcliff are vampire - Brett Crezski who is Andie's boyfriend and is a werewolf  along with Lukas Ford - Andie Bates has the same succubus traits as her mother - Peg Mueller and  Devon are witches
Author: bala    Time: 7-1-2010 12:32     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yes some of them are obvious but i wonder deal with it when they find out?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2010 09:19     Subject: 1x03 Breach

Interesting episode, i wonder what Leigh is hiding but was lucky to get her box back with the burglar paying the ultimate price and the wolf pack was lucky after the lock down
Author: bala    Time: 7-12-2010 11:51     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

i think it's that guy in the photo they have some sort of supernatural connection.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-21-2010 03:23     Subject: 1x04 The Monster Within

Good episode with Teresa going after Nick and his family for what he did to her brother but was saved by Dylan which should be interesting to see what happens next
Author: bala    Time: 7-21-2010 12:32     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

i knew she had a secret but i am glad it wasn't a supernatural one
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2010 12:49     Subject: Episode 5

Well really i knew the ending last episode creates some interesting story-lines but now Teresa murder cause her boyfriend find out the truth but him saying we makes choices we have to live with was so true about this episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-28-2010 07:40     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

Marcus not being able to stop snooping around until he has the right answers that he wants was great but the video evidence in the safe should be interesting because at the moment no one else knows and by the look of all the other names he's got dirt on most of them
Author: bala    Time: 7-28-2010 10:55     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes i am surprised that devon didn't steal anyone else apart from her one she could easily get them.
Author: bala    Time: 8-2-2010 09:59

Another good episode and who thought it was human who kill her not a vampire
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-4-2010 14:40     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

If only Andie knew the truth about her mother she might of taken the medicine before kissing Charlie
Author: bala    Time: 8-4-2010 22:25     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

She would than hate her father for killing her mother
Author: bala    Time: 8-9-2010 06:05     Subject: Digging the Dirt

Well this episode wasn't as good as pervious but still leads few revelation Buckly wife is vampire I figured she had a secret but Devon seems only one that has hidden agenda and still no closer in finding out what she wants. To be honest this show is losing it's appeal by every episode .
Author: gabsimom    Time: 8-9-2010 14:26

I am loving this show! more and more. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-15-2010 06:49     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

I think it was going to be obvious if Buckley tried to use the video to blackmail Nick and Dylan that they would try and search out some dirt on him to even the odds. Things getting a little wet at the pool party was funny
Author: bala    Time: 8-15-2010 07:09     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

She still has no idea about her neigbour only nick know i can't wait see her reaction when she finds out-it will freak her out. hopefully this is going to be added next week
Author: bala    Time: 8-16-2010 03:24     Subject: Dog Eat Dog

Well Nick finds out about Werewolves and now he has keep another secret but it's great that he still manages help the person responsible get out of trouble but that warning he got at the end about vampires and werewolves living together as unnatural he needs to take seriously. i don't how much more he can take.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-17-2010 07:14     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

I think it was obvious the the son was responsible because of the way his father treated his mother
Author: bala    Time: 8-17-2010 07:21     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

Yes it's quite obvious it's kids who are causing trouble for adults.
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2010 05:18     Subject: Identity Crisis

That was a nice twist with FBI agent wanting revenge on the vampires and a lot of things are happening giving devil weeds to Andy might be short-term cure but i bet it will have a side-effect in the next episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-24-2010 08:21     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

That was a neat trick with the flash drive and he did warn her he couldn't protect her once he gave her the real flash drive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-30-2010 00:13

The first 8 episodes has now been added to VIP
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-6-2010 02:35     Subject: 1x10 Little Girl Lost

Wow the truth about Emily parents was a surprise, i hope she never finds out the truth and now Brett has to face the realities of his relationship with Andie after Charlie was told
Author: bala    Time: 9-6-2010 04:33     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

yes that was a surprise but it seems nick getting deeper and deeper into trouble and now his wife knows something is wrong.
Author: bala    Time: 9-13-2010 07:28     Subject: Surfacing

Well finally she finds out what her husband was hiding and want to move but i don't understand why Devon resurrected a ghost to haunt him?. it makes no sense to me .
Author: mrs_h    Time: 9-13-2010 11:59     Subject: I am in the race

This doesn't seem like a bad show but I have to admit that it hadn't really grabbed me until the very end! Now I'm curious to know what happened to the previous chief. I think it's going to be the kind of show that annoys me because I can't work out who to be rooting for!
Author: angel-87    Time: 9-13-2010 13:20     Subject: i am in the race

i am with mrs_h. am not sure about this show. it seems to be a bit of a twilight rip off gone too far but will give it another go and see if i get in too it.
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 9-13-2010 13:21     Subject: we're in the race

we've gotta admit, vampire shows aren't really our cup of

but we'll try most anything once. it's just that this is a little too "the o.c." meets, who knows, "the zombie andy griffith show" for us.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 9-13-2010 13:27

I am in the race.

I think this show is going to be a succes because lately the vampire shows do very well and it seems interesting and has a good mix of every important element. But my time is limited so I am not going to continue watching it.
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-13-2010 14:23     Subject: I am in the race

But do we need another vampire show?  I really enjoy them, have been a big fan of shows, movies, games, and  books that deal with vampires my whole life.  I just feel they are getting to be too much.  I'll watch the rest of the season, before I make too much of a judgment call.
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-13-2010 17:33

I am in the race

I think this show could be interesting. This is the first time I have seen it.  I like the fact that the new chief is question things and wants to to the right thing but has politics to deal with also.
Author: fmkenney    Time: 9-13-2010 18:57     Subject: I am in the race!

Just add the mummy and frankenstein and you got... a remake.
I did think it a cool touch that Mrs. Radcliffe was the vampire princess from "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-14-2010 02:39     Subject: I am in the race

I should of paid more attention to this the first time round, Emily being adopted was mentioned at the start and shouldn't of been a surprise in episode 10
Author: Mnemosyne    Time: 9-14-2010 23:07     Subject: I am in the race

that was just too many genres for one show, there's crime, supernaturals, desperate housewives, teenage drama... For me it didn't really work, although I have to say, they did a decent job with introducing all these characters within a single episode, that was a lot of info for 40 minutes!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-16-2010 07:32     Subject: 1x11 Surfacing

Sarah finding the necklace after Nick thrown it away was interesting but being possessed after Nick saved Charlie and Leigh coming back without a scratch after getting shot was great
Author: bala    Time: 9-20-2010 02:36     Subject: Bad Moon Rising

This was nice penultimate episode we finally found what Devon was up to but it was impressive killing a vampire by poison the guy and what she did was great plan
Author: bala    Time: 9-20-2010 02:38     Subject: Moving Day

Devon: I told you i bring him back to life but i didn't say what he comes back us

What a great line to end the season at
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2010 07:26     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

That was a bold move by Devon to poison Frank so when Vanessa tried to turn him it would kill her which then drove him to suicide
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2010 07:28     Subject: Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

he had no choice he knew he was in danger had to kill himself for greater good.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2010 08:59     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

Devon going back to the Monohans to try and save Charlie was brave and stupid but what as she done to him and the closing line was great
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2010 09:02     Subject: Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

I Just hope we get a second season
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2010 09:06     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

Yes with Charlie and his new powers next season is a must but Devon must of done that to protect herself
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-22-2010 11:42     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

I have to agree I hope we get a second season also. it was a great way to end the first season and leave alot of unanswered questions.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2011 06:20     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

I don't know if this is right but according to tvrage this has been canceled
http://www.tvrage.com/The_Gates

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-gates-cancelled-18793/

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-23-2011 15:03 ]
Author: kellemanske    Time: 1-23-2011 11:59

that would be a shame

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0