Board logo

Subject: The Hard Times of RJ Berger [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2010 07:35     Subject: The Hard Times of RJ Berger

Created and Executive Produced by David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith, "Hard Times" is an irreverent half-hour coming-of-age series that orbits the hilariously-hellish life of RJ Berger, a desperately-unpopular fifteen-year-old. When RJ's anatomical gift is dramatically revealed in front of the whole school, he goes from anonymous to infamous, and finds his first sliver of confidence. But with each step he takes towards popularity, RJ takes ten steps back as he deals with a best friend trying to capitalize on his newfound fame, a student body with no shortage of cruel jokes, and a truly insane home life.
http://www.mtv.com/shows/hard_times/series.jhtml

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 17:35 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2010 07:39     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

What a way to introduce the first episode with his mom catching him in bed playing with himself but how embarrassing when she told their friends what he was doing. When he dropped his trouser and pants and got his revenge back on the other boy was hilarious
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2010 09:01     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

i thought this was a cartoon
Author: bala    Time: 6-7-2010 09:33

Yeah doesn't this show kind of remind me blue mountain state except this is in high school.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-19-2010 07:14     Subject: 1x02 Yes We Can't - Uncool Like You

RJ was happy to loose the election to Max knowing he got his girlfriend Jenny's vote
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2010 12:15     Subject: 1x03 The Berger Cometh

Lily offering to teach R J how to kiss was before he has to kiss Jenny on stage for the first time was funny but what a time to get sexually aroused
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-1-2010 13:14     Subject: 1x04 Here's to You, Mrs. Robbins

After RJ's invited to Jenny Swanson's sweet 16 party, he begins working for the sexually aggressive Mrs. Robbins so he can afford a gift but when she came onto him his reaction was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-6-2010 03:02     Subject: 1x05 The Rebound

When Jenny and Max break up, she asks R.J. to be her study buddy but he did the right thing in telling her the truth about Max being setup by the coach
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2010 13:24     Subject: 1x06 Over the Rainblow

That's a new take on the purity club but what RJ's father said was terrible
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-21-2010 08:23     Subject: 1x07 Tell and Kiss

Miles gets busted for spreading rumors, and the girl of his dreams challenges him to a fight and after lying to the jocks about his sexual progress with Claire, a worried RJ sets out to make his lie true
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-27-2010 00:18     Subject: 1x08 Nerds Gone Wild

RJ's parents go away for the weekend, and his hot babysitter Jenni helps throw a liquor-filled house party but the animated pukefest when RJ and babysitter Jenni find Miles and Lily mid-make out was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-6-2010 04:09     Subject: 1x09 It's All About the Hamiltons

Max getting nailed when RJ steps in on Hamilton's "hit" plan was great but making out he saved everyone else was annoying and Lily's smiles her way through Jenny's cheer-leading guide but her second attempt was as bad as the first
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-10-2010 06:32     Subject: 1x10 Behind Enemy Lines

RJ recruits Miles' ex-marine big brother to steal the upcoming biology test to help Jenny but she didn't want cheat which was good thing because they stole the wrong test
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-19-2010 11:46     Subject: 1x11 Lily Pad

RJ asks Lily to the winter formal and when Jenny asks him to the dance he has to find a way to let Lily down but what an ending cant what till next week
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-25-2010 00:32     Subject: 1x12 The Right Thing

Wow  what a season final after Lily's accident RJ goes to the dance with Jenny but Miles drunken speech spoils it for him so he keeps his promise to Lily but with her flat lining i hope it's because the machine came unplugged
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2010 11:19

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-19-2010 15:14  
RJ was happy to loose the election to Max knowing he got his girlfriend Jenny's vote
Finally manages get around to watch this show and RJ was happy about the vote but he still lost. Jenny really interesting character for RJ since she really make him do silly things.
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2010 11:21

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-22-2010 20:15  
Lily offering to teach R J how to kiss was before he has to kiss Jenny on stage for the first time was funny but what a time to get sexually aroused
Yes in front of all those people on stage  but his parent are crazy with swinger in the bedroom
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2010 11:22

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-6-2010 11:02  
When Jenny and Max break up, she asks R.J. to be her study buddy but he did the right thing in telling her the truth about Max being setup by the coach
Yes but coach planting that so he could get his lead player shoot basket without missing was smart plan i was surprised how he managed to figure out it coach just by smell the panties?.
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2010 11:47

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-1-2010 21:14  
After RJ's invited to Jenny Swanson's sweet 16 party, he begins working for the sexually aggressive Mrs. Robbins so he can afford a gift but when she came onto him his reaction was funny
Yes that neighbour really was keen after she knew what RJ assets was but his friend had his back even after he got blown off but the drawing was nice present after all he went through.
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2010 12:10

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-13-2010 21:24  
That's a new take on the purity club but what RJ's father said was terrible
Yeah i didn't even know rainbow party exist in high school but good thing it does look like after 6 episode RJ has a new girlfriend and I kind of think she is nice unlike jenny girl who doesn't appreciate RJ. This has just start get interesting i hope it does work out.
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2010 08:28

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-21-2010 16:23  
Miles gets busted for spreading rumors, and the girl of his dreams challenges him to a fight and after lying to the jocks about his sexual progress with Claire, a worried RJ sets out to make his lie t ...
Yes that fight with girl was funny but look like RJ relationship new girl didn't last he had ruin from peer pressure and video on teen pregnancy was great if only health education classes show that video i sure put girl off intercourse.
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2010 08:46

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-27-2010 08:18  
RJ's parents go away for the weekend, and his hot babysitter Jenni helps throw a liquor-filled house party but the animated pukefest when RJ and babysitter Jenni find Miles and Lily mid-make out was f ...
The animated puke feast was much better than if they actually show it real life because than it would of been gross but where RJ parent find that babysitter ?.
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2010 09:08

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-6-2010 12:09  
Max getting nailed when RJ steps in on Hamilton's "hit" plan was great but making out he saved everyone else was annoying and Lily's smiles her way through Jenny's cheer-leading guide but her second a ...
That was funny if RJ hadn't intervened it wouldn't be as bad as that
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2010 09:28

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-10-2010 14:32  
RJ recruits Miles' ex-marine big brother to steal the upcoming biology test to help Jenny but she didn't want cheat which was good thing because they stole the wrong test
After all that trouble but RJ got payback when Miles got beaten up
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2010 09:53

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-19-2010 19:46  
RJ asks Lily to the winter formal and when Jenny asks him to the dance he has to find a way to let Lily down but what an ending cant what till next week
OMG Your weren't kidding people say that all of the time but you just don't expect to see it i guess RJ doesn't have a choice if he doesn't go winter formal with jenny he have to miss it stay in hospital ?. i don't have wait to find out what happens next
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2010 10:19

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-25-2010 08:32  
Wow  what a season final after Lily's accident RJ goes to the dance with Jenny but Miles drunken speech spoils it for him so he keeps his promise to Lily but with her flat lining i hope it's because t ...
Yes after all of that RJ keep his promise but Lilly also she didn't give up throughout this season she been after him and it took getting hit by a bus to get him to do her and i don't know if he would done it, if he didn't feel guilty about the situation. As for the season finale clif-hanger it doesn't look like a loose wire but we don't know whether they will be a second season but i am hoping it will like you i hope she survive what a way go out if she died she got what she wanted the most and she such a great character..
Author: bala    Time: 3-2-2011 02:55     Subject: Season 2 Trailer

Author: bala    Time: 3-25-2011 01:00     Subject: Season 2, Episode 1

Well i knew Lilly didn't die but funeral certainly put us off but this episode was ok but i have to say preview of what coming next looks awesome.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-27-2011 08:02     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

I'm glad that Lilly's accident hasn't stopped her rude sense of humor and Jenny kissing R.J. to get Max jealous was funny but Vinny from Jersey Shore should be interesting next week
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-29-2011 03:14     Subject: 2x02 Cousin Vinny

Vinny getting the phone number on the pants was amusing and Max trying to spoil Jenny and R.J. date was childish
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2011 08:19     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Vinny really made the episode rather amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2011 08:22     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Who would of thought that Jersey Shore would lead to this
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2011 08:24     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Since MTV show i am not surprised
Author: bala    Time: 4-5-2011 12:26     Subject: The Lock-in

Well how embarrassing having your mum unhook your girlfriend bra and the biscuits laced with drugs really made but light coming out her VJ was ridiculous but finding she's a virgin was amusing so much for RJ night with jenny.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-6-2011 13:07     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

That would be bizarre if your mother was shouting out instructions while you was with a girl but everyone getting high was amusing but what a time for Jenny to pass out
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-13-2011 06:32     Subject: 2x04 Ugly Jenny

Jenny coming to school with a zit on her face the day before the photo shoot i thought was amusing but Lily gaining popularity after she gains a large sum of cash after her settlement money comes in from her accident was predictable but Lily helping to get Jenny out of school and getting revenge on the girl that caused her problem was great
Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2011 08:59     Subject: Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

Lilly really is a good person at heart acted like most teenagers who get money
Author: bala    Time: 4-20-2011 04:49     Subject: Deadliest Crotch

This was most ridiculous episode with teacher and her chubby fetish but getting crabs would put most guys off but Poyeye cartoon was amusing.Miles got one of his teenage fantasy out of his way. .

RJ new tutor look a little too old to be in high school?.

Lilly telling about her and RJ to Jenny really was bound to happen and the fact Lilly didn't know made her mad.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2011 09:29     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

I was waiting at first for Miles to wake up when he was getting seduced by his teacher but the crab thing was amusing and Jenny finding out about Lily and R.J. had to happen sooner or later
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2011 10:04     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

You thought it was a dream i thought it was a bit ridiculous at first but it made an amusing point
Author: bala    Time: 4-26-2011 07:31     Subject: Saving D***

Well that support group was amusing but RJ dad getting a job at his high school was rather amusing but he turned out to be a good teacher.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-30-2011 06:00     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

I thought RJ would use Amy to make Jenny jealous while on the stairs and his father as the substitute teacher was amusing but he was good
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2011 13:17     Subject: 2x07 You, Me, and Weezer

It didn't take long for R.J to move on from Jenny but his first date with Amy started off as a disaster but having a song dedicated to them was nice and got him the kiss
Author: bala    Time: 5-7-2011 22:35     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

Yeah but this is high school isn't it
Author: bala    Time: 5-10-2011 02:10     Subject: 2x08

Poor Miles that last thing you want on your face .Just you think this show can't any more disgusting they top it with that but him thinking being a cheerleader would get him girls backfired.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-15-2011 03:13     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

2x08 Give Me A 'p
Miles joining the cheer-leading squad after his animation vision was amusing but but what happened was payback for taking advantage of looking up their skirts
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-21-2011 13:32     Subject: 2x09 Hunkeez

RJ geting more than he bargained for when his dad takes him to Hunkeez the male strip club was amusing in a strange way
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-27-2011 23:50     Subject: 2x10 Sex. Teen. Candles.

It was obvious the Max Bash was going to cause trouble but Max trying to arrange his gang to meet at 010 hundred hours was lame because he meant 10pm and the ending with Amy was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-31-2011 15:53     Subject: 2x11 Steamy Surprise

Jenny and RJ getting nominated for Mr. and Ms. Pinkerton caused problems for Amy and himself and after all the bullying from Max he turns out to be gay which was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-31-2011 16:16     Subject: 2x12 The Better Man

I loved the animated teacher fight over Suzanne and the way R.J. announced his love for Amy in front of the whole school was impressive but what a way to end the second season with Lily saying she's pregnant with R.J's baby
Author: bala    Time: 8-14-2011 01:34     Subject: MTV Castrates The Hard Times of R.J. Berger

MTV has pulled out of its commitment to The Hard Times of R.J. Berger, going soft on the original comedy that you could say was in the same vein as Boogie Nights, as it was about a kid with a huge dong. In terms of overall audience, the comedy just couldn't keep it up, dropping below one million viewers per episode at the end of Season 2. It looks like Hard Times got the shaft,

Source

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0