Board logo

Subject: Doctor Who Season 5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 4-1-2010 11:47     Subject: Doctor Who Season 5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Season 5 Here

Click Here For The Doctor Who About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Doctor Who on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 21:09 ]
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-1-2010 15:23

when does it start?
Author: spratt89    Time: 4-1-2010 15:38

Starts Saturday 3rd April
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-1-2010 21:34

yeppy can't wait........... but i'm still really gonna miss david!! but i promise to give the new guy a chance
Author: bala    Time: 4-1-2010 22:56     Subject: Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

6:45 pm on BBC - i will watch it live but i just don't like his face
Author: bala    Time: 4-3-2010 10:40     Subject: The Eleveth Hour

Ok i have just finished watching the episode and i did want to hate Matt smith but i ended up being amused by him which is different and Amy pond , well she going to be an interesting assistant. i was worried that this was going to turn into a  kids version doctor who and yes the story-line was typical i mean i predicted everything that happens after watch first 5 minutes of the episode which could be considered a bad thing but this first episode so i want wait see few more episodes. I don't  want to ruined it but the  preview rest of season look good.
Author: magic4u    Time: 4-4-2010 15:01     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

it was bloody great thats all i have to say and stockings
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-5-2010 11:41

He wasn't david but he held his own!!  I am sooooooo happy to have DW new season starting!!  I love the small town where everyone knows Amy's name and recognizes the Doctor as her childhood imaginary friend.  And another bride to be... that can spell nothing good but a good season
Author: bala    Time: 4-5-2010 11:48     Subject: Reply 8#8 kwargalla's post

it's got good reviews over here but there  are always one prude who had problem with the fact Amy was a kissogram suggesting it was inappropriate character but i don't see problem it's not like she was stripper.   .

If your interested
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-5-2010 12:25     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

i can kinda see where their coming from.  We've had the Shop girl, MD doctor, the secertary, airship hostess and now the kiss-o-gram.  1 out of 5 is a high education job (not saying that retail and office work are lacking jobs) but for a strong female roll the current (circa 2005 - present) doctors companions have been lacking that strength in the beginning of their character development.  By the end of their tenure with the Doctor they are totally strong independant woman.  But i can see where the credics are coming from.  True a kiss-o-gram is not a stripper BUT she does dress up in little sexy outfits and flirt and kiss people for money.  You have to admit that is a sexual profession they have placed this character in .  
Author: bala    Time: 4-6-2010 10:29     Subject: Reply 10#10 kwargalla's post

I thought the whole point of the doctors companion was it could be anybody regardless of whether there were educated or not. i am still waiting for when he will regenerate into female doctor who   . That an episode i can't wait for.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-6-2010 18:07

Can he regenerate into a woman?
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-6-2010 18:44     Subject: Reply 12#12 gabsimom's post

it's never happened but with the doctor never say never.... lol.  In saying that i think it work totally change the dynamic of the show.  Imagine rose meeting the female doctor. that would be interesting.
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2010 02:12

Quote:
Originally posted by gabsimom at 4-7-2010 02:07  
Can he regenerate into a woman?
It was my understanding it can regenerate into any species Tardis chooses human form.
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2010 11:53     Subject: Episaode 2 :

Well this was good episode and very typical but i notice this dr who is a lot more angry than pervious one and i really thought this episode went typical dr who episode of past season. it really made you think imagine if that was future of Britain   . i know it's fiction but it quite disturbing to see.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-10-2010 13:31

so now men are human and women are another species, lol.
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2010 11:12     Subject: Episode 3

Well who would of thought the darlek would become so colourful . bang up paint job by the production crew. .
Author: bala    Time: 4-25-2010 06:22     Subject: Time of the Angels (1)

Well this was good episode but who thought Amy was going to be turned into stone but she really managed quite well.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-25-2010 17:43

ok 1st the weeping Angels always scare the crap out of me. Love that they are back. who thinks when they jump they will end up on the angels shoulders?

2nd who is River Song, and why wouldn't the Doctor help her if he knew how they were tied and why does she know so much about him? I want to believe she is more his daughter but his daughter was named Jennifer.
Author: bala    Time: 4-25-2010 22:34     Subject: Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

why does she know so much about him?

You don't remember pervious season where we met River Song

This might help
Author: joe200101    Time: 4-26-2010 02:18     Subject: Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

I think it is more implied that she is a future assistant, and the get much more romantically involved than some of the previous assistants have, although i'm not sure about the book she has. I assume they spend a fair amount of time together as she knows how to pilot the TARDIS better than the Doctor himself. Also, she mentioned that the Doctor didnt teach her how to pilot it, so it may mean that there is another Time Lord to be found somewhere. It is all rather mysterious.

I was waiting for the killer episode to make me properly like the new doctor, and i think this was the one.  So far the stories have been a bit boring compared to previous seasons and this episode has improved it, although i was pretty annoyed with the BBC's cock-up with the banner for Graham Norton over the most dramatic scene in the episode.
Author: bala    Time: 4-26-2010 02:55

Quote:
i was pretty annoyed with the BBC's cock-up with the banner for Graham Norton over the most dramatic scene in the episode.
You weren't the only one

Look at this
Author: carlorica    Time: 4-26-2010 06:36

This is getting to be a great season.

I also like the underlying rift that appears in every ep.

I always wonder what it is about and if it is the Time Lords trying to break through.

This ep was also cool to see the doctor use his brain more and make things interesting. Can;t wait to see how he gets them out of this one.
Author: bala    Time: 5-1-2010 10:17     Subject: Reply 23#23 carlorica's post

It turns out fine but Amy trying to sleep with the doctor was funny at the end .
Author: bala    Time: 5-15-2010 10:11     Subject: The Rome Episode

I forgot to comment on this last week but to be honest i found the episode quite disappointing i mean seriously Vampires as disguise for alien insects. Come on
Author: bala    Time: 5-15-2010 10:14     Subject: Amy Choice

This episode was great but it also showed that Amy love that guy and it will be interesting to see if he dies in future episode but he really is like the 3th wheel in these episode. Amy seems not to concerned about her life. She seems rather curious but she really is getting point of start to annoy me and i don't know why maybe it's her blank expression she has in every episode.
Author: bala    Time: 5-22-2010 23:28     Subject: The Hungry Earth (1)

Well  it was nice that Amy get swallowen up by the earth, it  made a pleasant surprise as we got Doctor be himself without Amy and he has a new temporary assistant for time being which made for an interesting twist.
Author: cshapiro    Time: 5-25-2010 08:39

I haven't had time to comment much recently on the New Doctor.  It took a bit of getting used to but I decide I like him.  He's quirky which is good and he acts well.  The writing has been up to scratch as well.  Two minor things I'm not thrilled with are, the new theme music (the music in general doesn't seem as good to me) and the new TARDIS.  The new TARDIS is a bit to posh and sleek if you ask me(which I realise, nobody did) and needs to be a bit weathered and broken in.

I enjoyed this episode and when the doctor met with the lizard person he projected the authority and power of a Time Lord very well.  He revealed that calm confidence that the Doctor has and it was quite believable.
Author: bala    Time: 6-2-2010 07:58     Subject: Cold Blood (2)

Ok this episode was good but what a way to get rid Amy fiancée  . I figured they would kill him off but to do it way they did it seem a bit anti-climate..
Author: carlorica    Time: 6-3-2010 03:58

It was ok and I wonder if the rift in time was caused from his rebirth at the start of the season. He knows that the tardis is somehow involved in it.

I wonder if he crossed over and that is why the tear is there.
Author: kwargalla    Time: 6-14-2010 12:03     Subject: The Lodger

The Doctor forgets to set the TARDIS controls, leaving Amy trapped inside as she ends up travelling one week into the future, without the Doctor. This leaves the Doctor trapped on Earth as he awaits the return of his TARDIS. Attempting to pass himself off as a normal human, he becomes the lodger of Craig Owens. Then the Doctor learns of a house on Aickerman Road, with a staircase that people go up, but never down...

ok so that is a horrible recap.  but i don't want to ruin anything for you guys.  this episode made my laugh out loud several times. and Craig was priceless!! as a flatmate who gets jealous of the doctor.  This episode is what i concider a filler episode, not the best of the season but a good sunday morning curl-up and laugh kinda one.  The next episode looks fantastic!!  
Author: bala    Time: 6-14-2010 23:01     Subject: Reply 31#31 kwargalla's post

Yes this episode wasn't great but next two will be good
Author: bala    Time: 6-20-2010 03:50     Subject: The Pandorica Opens (1)

Well finally an episode that was actually good a little bit disorganised at times but it made for an interesting episode like Rory suddenly appearing and doctor forget he already been dead and when it hit him that was funny, so how have you been ? .
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2010 10:47

Another great season ending and everything is back to normal but Wow this episode so complicated to follow that you couldn't actually believe they managed to pull it all off
Author: carlorica    Time: 6-28-2010 14:13     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

It was a great ep. I wonder if there will be another season. This seems as if it is the end of all the Doctors. I hope this is not the case but I can't find any info on weather there will be another season.

I agree it was complicated but what a way to end it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2013 14:09     Subject: 5x01 The Eleventh Hour

After all these years the new Doctor crash landing the TARDIS was amusing and not knowing Amelia wasn't a real police woman in that uniform was corny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2013 14:40     Subject: 5x02 The Beast Below

What Amy did to save the creature was dangerous and a phone call from Winston Churchill was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2013 15:20     Subject: 5x03 Victory of the Daleks

Daleks being British soldiers was amusing and I'm not liking how angry the doctor gets but using a Jammie Dodger to scare them was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2013 23:57     Subject: 5x04 The Time of Angels (1)

Amy was lucky not turning in to stone like the others but trying not to blink or look away was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 06:30     Subject: 5x05 Flesh and Stone (2)

Amy having to keep her eyes closed to stop the stone angels from taking over her mind made thing awkward but taking the Doctor back to her bedroom was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 07:04     Subject: 5x06 The Vampires of Venice

Taking Rory and Amy on a romantic trip through time was interesting but sending Amy undercover to find Isabella was risky
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 07:34     Subject: 5x07 Amy’s Choice

All having the same dream was confusing but interesting at the same time but the old alien vigilantes was amusing but Rory dying in the one reality was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 08:07     Subject: 5x08 The Hungry Earth (1)

Attempting to break through the Earth's crust was bound to have consequences but the mysterious creatures that's been abducting villagers and now having Amy did make things interesting and abducting on of theirs gave them more leverage
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 08:38     Subject: 5x09 Cold Blood (2)

Killing Alaya before the exchange was careless and how tragic for Amy loosing Rory like that
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 09:41     Subject: 5x10 Vincent and the Doctor

Going back in time after the Doctor spots an alien in a Van Gogh painting could of been risky as they could of altered the future but showing him his own exhibition in the future was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 10:20     Subject: 5x11 The Lodger

Who would of thought the Doctor could play football but Craig being jealous when Sophie was impressed with the Doctor was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 11:21     Subject: 5x12 The Pandorica Opens (1)

Finding another Van Gogh painting was great as that explained why there were no new painting in the galore and with a time machine bringing Rory back should of been predictable but I was surprised and disappoint he Couldn't resist shooting Amy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 11:57     Subject: 5x13 The Big Bang (2)

Bringing Amy back for her wedding was a nice way to conclude the season and her parents being alive was an added bonus
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 12:39     Subject: Doctor Who at The Proms 2010

Karen Gillan presenting this years proms was great and as usual lots of great clips and music but the kids faces when some of the creature joined the audience was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 12:57     Subject: Backstage at the Doctor Who at the Proms 2010

Nice half hour show on how they put it all together and considering the Proms are a live event it was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 13:15     Subject: Meanwhile in the TARDIS 1 & 2

Amusing couple of clips with Amy tricking him in to finding out all his other companions
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 14:48     Subject: A Christmas Carol

The flying fish was a novel idea but the shark just reminded me of Jaws and Abigail using up all her days at Christmas to alter Kazran's past was interesting as she used her last day to save the spaceship
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2013 14:56     Subject: Comic Relief Space & Time

Rory having no problem with Amy flirting with herself was amusing and the TARDIS being inside it's self was different

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0