Board logo

Subject: Drop Dead Diva Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-12-2009 07:40     Subject: Drop Dead Diva Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I didn't fancy this at the start but after 4 episode i decided to watch and this is another good show i have watched the first 5 episode and now not only did Deb die and come back as Jane who is twice her size but now Deb realizes she has lost eight years of her life

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 20:09 ]
Author: bala    Time: 8-12-2009 07:41     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i will wait for this to get added on here
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-19-2009 10:10

what is this show about
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-19-2009 10:17     Subject: Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

The show tells the story of a shallow model-in-training who dies in a sudden accident only to find her soul resurfacing in the body of a brilliant, thoughtful and plus-size attorney. With a few added twist like working with her fiance the one before she died
Author: bala    Time: 8-19-2009 10:17     Subject: Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

basically it about women who dies and come back to life but no recognise her [ Last edited by bala at 9-28-2009 18:08 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-28-2009 05:55     Subject: Drop Dead Diva 1x11 What If

Great episode when Jane meets her mother for the first time
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2009 10:00     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I'm really going catch up if this ever get added on here
Author: gabsimom    Time: 9-28-2009 12:47

Yeah I have seen a few episodes and really liked this show. Hope it gets added.
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2009 22:44     Subject: Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

It does seem that this site has difficulty getting lifetime shows on the site

There 2 episode behind on Army wives and it took them more than a year to add The starter wife .

i have no idea how long we will have wait for this show
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-5-2009 11:06     Subject: Drop Dead Diva 1x12 Dead Model Walking

Good episode i liked it when the old lady that did want to sell her house to a developer because of her loved one and then afterwards admitted he was under the floorboards
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2009 06:52     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i watched first episode it's not bad show
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2009 08:51

I'm now on episode 4 and i liking the situation deb is finding herself in.i so wish this got added on here i got fed up of waiting i mean the season is finished few weeks back. i love the fact cases showing different parts of deb as Jane and how she learnt to see her flaws through Jane.
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2009 01:52

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 9-28-2009 13:55  
Great episode when Jane meets her mother for the first time
Yes and it was a very interesting episode a women switch at birth. it does Jane has not become comfortable about being a lawyer . i can't believe guardian angel came back   . he disappear then reappears in few later.

This really is a great show i just wish other member could enjoy it on this site. i really want review every episode but that seem unfair as I'm only one who is actually watch other site.   

it a cute little show that some interesting cases
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2009 12:12     Subject: Episode 13 season-finale

What a bombshell at the end Jane's married
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2009 12:36     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

We have to wait till summer next year for season 2 but the first season was great
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2009 22:25     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

I'm glad it been renewed
Author: shinny    Time: 5-9-2010 01:41

They started airing this on Living TV a few weeks back so I sky plused it. I watched the first 6 episodes and it's a really good show. I hope it does get added so I can go straight through into Season 2 when it comes back in June.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-6-2010 23:30     Subject: 2x01 Would I Lie To You

Great returning episode were we find out why Jane's married but winning the legal battle to get the treatment for the little girl was great
Author: bala    Time: 6-6-2010 23:36     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes it was good episode and i figured they would find a way out for her and i think 7 years was clue as why she didn't know .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-13-2010 22:45     Subject: 2x02 Back From The Dead

Jane seeing Deb everywhere and all because it was Deb's birthday was a nice way to remind use who Jane was before the accident and Fred putting Kim in her place was great
Author: bala    Time: 6-14-2010 01:42     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

9 years a long time to be missing, but turning up from dead was interesting case. i did find it funny  when he used same pick up techniques she wrote about on the writer who was his client . it was great to see Ricki-lake guest star it really ages since i seen her in anything. . it must hard your own son doesn't even know you existed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-21-2010 09:31     Subject: 2x03 The Long Road to Napa

Who would of thought that Kim has a heart when she managed to get the baby back for her friend after initially dropping the case and Jane and the cheating husband was funny. I wounder if Kim is or is not pregnant with Grayson's baby
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2010 22:36     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

Same here i can't tell with Kim but i think it would make for interesting story-line you just can't picture it can you her being a mother
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2010 01:44     Subject: 2x04 Home Away From Home

Nice episode when Jane steps in to help Teri's cousin from facing deportation charges and the photo from Deb's past that helped the case against the coach
Author: bala    Time: 7-3-2010 05:57     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Yes it was nice episode but it lucky he turn out be born north korea otherwise he would got deported.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2010 06:45     Subject: 2x05 Senti-Mental Journey

Nice episode with Jane helping her mother and getting her parents back together but Grayson risking his job to get his clients money back was great and Jane learning about Grayson's past that not even Debs knew was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 7-17-2010 05:30     Subject: Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

Well your right it was about time we met Jane parents and i love the fact that they could regulars on the show but i don't think they will. Kim romance with her boss this ain't going end well . Being honest doesn't always get the girl but i still can't believe Fred told that women he was in love with someone else. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-20-2010 09:21     Subject: 2x06 Begin Again

Good episode With Jane spotting the empty CD case and saving one of the singers in a pop duo from a murder charge and Fred trying to still make Stacy jealous was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-26-2010 03:46     Subject: 2x07 A Mother's Secret

Great episode when Deb's mother requests Jane's help with a legal matter which turns out to be  Deb's half sister and Kim and Grayson work on a custody case involving a dueling couple's pet chimp but what a great chimp with it's sign language
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-2-2010 00:08     Subject: 2x08 Queen of Mean

Another good episode with Jane coming so close to telling Grayson the truth about Debs after he won his case
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2010 05:37     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yes the mother secret was good i mean it's difficult Deb to think she been replaced but wow that actress that played Sam has really grown up. The monkey case was good. .  i did think it was ironic that Deb was giving Greyson dating advice about Venessa.
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2010 06:18

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-2-2010 08:08  
Another good episode with Jane coming so close to telling Grayson the truth about Debs after he won his case
Great episode, Cybil Shepard was great . When she drop Jane lawyer than re-hires when she find book contains her medical problem end her as a fashion designer.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-9-2010 07:57     Subject: 2x09 Last Year's Model

Good episode with Stacy and Fred both having trouble serving divorce papers but Molly making it hard for her husband was great and Stacy and Fred have the first diner date even lo it's on a tight budget. Grayson seeing Deb's in the hunted house was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 8-10-2010 04:08     Subject: Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

Yes a good episode quick thinking by Deb to get that women to show reasonable judgement. As for Kim finding out why she got case must been hard but at least he said he won't get invloved anymore.

Stacy and Fred have the first diner date- i think that due to her overhearing how he feels about her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-16-2010 03:29     Subject: 2x10 Will & Grayson

Good episode i liked the was Fred manipulated Stacy for a hug but when they were looking for a trashy type to go undercover and all looked at Kim was funny
Author: shinny    Time: 8-16-2010 12:13

Living TV (UK and Ireland) are starting Season 2 of this in a couple of weeks time
Author: bala    Time: 8-18-2010 04:44

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-16-2010 11:29  
Good episode i liked the was Fred manipulated Stacy for a hug but when they were looking for a trashy type to go undercover and all looked at Kim was funny
It was kind of funny but she got the confession helping Jane out.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-23-2010 01:17     Subject: 2x11 Good Grief

Good episode when Jane and Grayson take on the case of a man who is coping with the loss of his wife by dressing as a clown but Jane's dream's about the real Jane was interesting and it's about time Fred revealed his feelings to Stacy.
Author: bala    Time: 8-25-2010 11:21     Subject: Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

Yes that some grief the guy was dealing with but i am glad Jane manages make him realise it was no good. Jane dream was interesting and it has meaning as well because can you imagine someone else living in your body no-one knows your dead apart from Deb.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-30-2010 22:12     Subject: 2x12 Bad Girls

Good episode, the song and dance routine in Jane's dream was amusing and nice work by Stacy in spotting the time stamp of the photo but what sort of mother would let her daughter take the blame
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-30-2010 23:07     Subject: 2x13 Freeze The Day

Good season finale, Fred's reaction to Stacy's kiss and the consequences of his interruption was amusing, Jane's cryogenics case was interesting and wow what a ending next season should be great
Author: bala    Time: 8-31-2010 00:59

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-31-2010 06:12  
Good episode, the song and dance routine in Jane's dream was amusing and nice work by Stacy in spotting the time stamp of the photo but what sort of mother would let her daughter take the blame
I know but it always in the details I liked the flashback. Some parents really think they know the best for their kids don't like it when other people make there kids look bad.
Author: bala    Time: 8-31-2010 05:31     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

i saw that ending coming a mile away i just hope he doesn't body swap because that would be absurd.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-6-2010 00:36

What a great surprise to have this added today
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-28-2010 20:55     Subject: I am in the race

Was an interesting show, nothing spectacular, plot been used in a few movies, but don't think a tv show
Author: Mnemosyne    Time: 9-29-2010 12:25     Subject: I am in the race

I think the premise that memories stay with the soul, but knowledge with the body is a bit too convenient. The show has some funny moments though, I've watched season one, but lost interest after that. And if I was Grayson, I'd definitely think Jane is a stalker, with her becoming friends with Deb's best friend and all these things I won't write now because they're kind of spoilerish...
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-30-2010 07:04     Subject: I am in the race

Great episode i cant believe i forgot how Jane died
Author: munch    Time: 9-30-2010 15:37

In the beginning, I really was not impressed by the episode.  Not much for watching blonde fluff.  I was pleasantly surprised by the end of the episode.  Brooke Elliott's acting is superb.

I am in the race!
Author: angel-87    Time: 9-30-2010 16:41     Subject: i am in the race

ok wasnt sure if this would be my cup of tea but i think i quite like it. might have to watch some more before i make up my mind
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 10-1-2010 10:26     Subject: we're in the race

vaguely interesting story line - we're not sure how long they can milk different stories off the same premise
Author: mrs_h    Time: 10-5-2010 12:35     Subject: Racing to the finish

I'm with Munch. I tried watching this episode when it first aired here in the UK but only got through about 10 minutes before turning off so I was expecting it to be a struggle to watch. It's not a show that I'll be watching again in a hurry but it wasn't as bad as I had first thought. I liked Jane/Deb's way of dealing with the woman whose husband cheated on her but I know that if I continued watching that the whole issue of Greyson working there not knowing would annoy me!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-15-2011 19:31     Subject: Drop Dead Diva Season 3 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 3 Premieres June 19, 2011

Discuss Anything About Season 3 Here

[ Last edited by shinny at 6-20-2011 22:38 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-20-2011 09:13     Subject: 3x01 Hit and Run

Stacy made a great intern for the celebrity bad boy case who was accused of the hit-and-run especial with the position of the driver set and the butty call case with the bill board was amusing
Author: shinny    Time: 6-20-2011 13:43

Hmm, here we go again with the Grayson and Jane/Deb storyline. I think they should have killed that off last season. I'm fed up of it already!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-20-2011 13:49     Subject: Reply 3#3 shinny's post

They should of left him with total amnesia after the accident but her dream was amusing when all the guy said they were Grayson
Author: shinny    Time: 6-20-2011 14:18     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yeh, that was funny!
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2011 06:28     Subject: Reply 3#3 shinny's post

I have to agree they should of kill him off or at least keep him in a coma now she is his best man -can women be best men ?. i always women could only be bridemaid ?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-27-2011 12:01     Subject: 3x02 False Alarm

The way Teri found out about her boyfriend who wasn't a real fireman was amusing but finding out he was also responsible was disturbing, Fred trying to be romantic and swallowing her earring was priceless

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-11-2011 18:47 ]
Author: bala    Time: 7-2-2011 02:04     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well it was rather disturbing but he always play bad guy so i wasn't surprised.  Deb giving her wedding book to greyson was amazing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2011 11:22     Subject: 3x03 Dream Big

The way Grayson eventually asked his future father in-law for her hand in marriage was amusing and Jane winning her case was impressive but thinking she deleted the messages before he listened to them was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 7-11-2011 11:32     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

yeah it was rather priceless how Greyson managed to finally get a meeting with the father in law and what a way make a first impression. Jane leaving all those message for a smart women she really didn't think it through. What a great outcome for both cases. i had feeling Kim wou;d come back
Author: bala    Time: 7-18-2011 11:02     Subject: The Wedding

Why is wedding never go to plan on tv show and what amusing ending with Jane being stuck with Greyson arm on top of her you would thought she would be able take his arm out look at size of her. . It's also sad to think that a man who couldn't get treatment using national health services had commit a crime so he could get treatment in prison.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-19-2011 05:33     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

The robbery looked suspicious from the start but finding out about that early release program was a scam to save them money was a great discovery but Jane's comment about him robbing the right person but don't do it again was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-25-2011 16:05     Subject: 3x05 Prom

The lesbian couple suing for the right to attend their prom together was interesting but after the school lost in the court they decided to cancel it instead which was underhanded
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-25-2011 16:38

This was based on a true story something similar happen here in the US.
Author: bala    Time: 7-26-2011 11:54     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Well it nice that Jane arrange alternative venue for it
Author: bala    Time: 8-1-2011 10:21     Subject: Closure

Jane being a DA finding closure 8 year old murder case was great and her experience actress really help solve the case who would the father of main suspect did it and letting his son take the blame.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-5-2011 01:34     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

Jane going back to the DA's office to try and solve the 8 year old murder case was interesting and realising they had the wrong man because of the scarf and then the signed confession was great but the father allowing the son to think he killed her was diabolical
Author: bala    Time: 8-5-2011 01:54     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Well he got away with 8 years not bad
Author: gabsimom    Time: 8-5-2011 07:51

Are you contemplating Murder? Does anyone want Jane and Greyson to be together?
Author: bala    Time: 8-5-2011 07:56     Subject: Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

Tina if i was i wouldn't admit it online .

I don't think they ever get together the all point show will they or won't they?
Author: bala    Time: 8-15-2011 07:25     Subject: He Said, She Said

Well what the cheerleaders did was amusing but Jane had a tough time proving it but as always get the job done.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-17-2011 09:02     Subject: 3x07 Mother's Day

Jane finding herself with a double dose of mother's was amusing and it was nice to see flash backs of Deb but going behind Grayson's back by letting the other side know what question he would ask was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-17-2011 11:05     Subject: 3x08 He Said, She Said

It's a good job Fred spotted the hidden link on his web site and the school backing up all their computers was an added bonus
Author: bala    Time: 8-22-2011 10:12     Subject: You Bet Your Life

Wow you must cold a women in love with the plant and she wins her case was great but finding out she sold her plant for million was a surprise .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-28-2011 10:58     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

Kim and Parker being played by the botanist who cultivated the rare flower was interesting and Jane represents her former sorority-house friend was good
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-6-2011 12:20     Subject: 3x10 Toxic

Parker firing Jane for conflict of interest was a blessing in disguise which allowed her to help the guy she saved from suicide but showing her the golf course was a nice surprise, Teri and her temper with her high-school nemesis was amusing but the way Kim got the case thrown out and the new judge was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-6-2011 13:03     Subject: 3x11 Ah, Men

You have to feel sorry for Fred after what Stacy did at the end of the last episode but what a revelation when Jane represented Parker ex-girlfriend against an insurance company when she told her about his son
Author: gabsimom    Time: 9-6-2011 18:45

Stacy really needs a reality check and Fred deserves better. What seemed to be pretty is now ugly to the core.
Author: bala    Time: 9-11-2011 09:15     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Yeah Stacey is becoming annoying but brandy guest star but what jane new boyfriend did at end was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-19-2011 11:25     Subject: 3x12 Bride-a-Palooza

Grayson and the judge going to Jane about the medieval trial was amusing but Jane and Grayson both winning their cases was great and about time Stacy has been given a new costume
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-22-2011 14:07

'Drop Dead Diva' gets fourth season

Drop dead? Not yet. Lifetime is getting a fourth season order to Drop Dead Diva.

The body-swapping drama series received a 13-episode order. “Drop Dead Diva is a signature series for Lifetime that continues to resonate with audiences with its heart and humor,” said Lifetime president and GM Nancy Dubuc. “We are thrilled to bring it back for another season.” The show has averaged 2.3 million viewers and its third season finale is this Sunday.

Source
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-26-2011 11:03     Subject: 3x13 Change of Heart

What a strange case with the death-row inmate who wants to donate his heart to his dying sister but what Kim said to Tina sounded hard and what a surprise that Stacy covered up for Deb six years ago and did community service, Parker finding out about his 7 year old son was hard on him and you can understand why he was angry and what an ending with Stacy spilling the beans about Deb being Jane to Grayson after they kissed
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-5-2011 17:31     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

So glad that Grayson *finally* knows, but you would think if they were soul mates he would have noticed before.  

LOVE love love the judge!!  He's such a keeper.  Changing his plans to go to italy with Jane.  He in looooove.  That's so great.

Stacey has been such a pill over the last few episodes.  Glad she had some serious problems to bring her back to the ground.  I'm feeling so bad for Fred, but maybe they'll work it out.  Humm  Not sure if that's what's best.

The heart/'deathrow story was great especially seeing as how the inmate was able to get around the whole lethal injection.  Great!  well done.

Parker has a kid.  Kim got her partnership basically so Parker could leave the office to someone he trusted and go chase after this makeshift family he now has.  IDK about this story line.

Now that I've FINALLY caught up with everyone else I'm onboard with season 4!!   heheheh
Author: bala    Time: 10-23-2011 06:32

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 9-19-2011 19:25  
Grayson and the judge going to Jane about the medieval trial was amusing but Jane and Grayson both winning their cases was great and about time Stacy has been given a new costume
Yes this was an amusing case but imagine if all cases were sort out in a duel
Author: bala    Time: 10-23-2011 07:31     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Well this really felt more like a series finale with Jane moving on and go for her happy ending and give up on greyson but who know what will happen 4th season
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 05:01     Subject: Drop Dead Diva Season 4 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 4 Premieres June 03, 2012

Discuss Anything About Season 4 Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 5-16-2012 13:03 ]
Author: bala    Time: 5-16-2012 05:05     Subject: Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

I thought this was cancelled
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 05:18     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

I think it's the final season
Author: bala    Time: 5-16-2012 06:10     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well i don't know about you but i am rather bored of this show first 2 season were good but last season was awful so i am not sure if i will watch it but knowing my luck i probably watch this out of boredom from summer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 06:12     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

After investing in the first three seasons I'm going to see it to the end
Author: bala    Time: 5-16-2012 06:26     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Yeah that the annoying thing isn't it i have same problem with Army wives
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 06:30     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

It was you that got me hooked on that one along with a few others
Author: bala    Time: 5-16-2012 06:38     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

We both hooked each other on tv shows you responsible for all Aussie shows i watch
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-3-2012 16:35

Premiers tonight!!!!! Yay
Author: bala    Time: 6-4-2012 06:06     Subject: Welcome Back

Well interesting case with Jane case but i am going miss Fred the new angel really annoys me based first impression
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-4-2012 07:51     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

hes very cocky and we're use to fred being goofy.  Should bring good dynamic.    LOVE that grayson has finally caught on, but honestly I think i'm over him and deb. Bring on the judge!  He likes jane for who she is now    

Good first episode.  Great case.
Author: bala    Time: 6-4-2012 08:05     Subject: Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

Fred isn't goffy he's more likable than the new guy
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-11-2012 08:07     Subject: Home

Wow I teared up at the unchained melody serenade!  LOL

I really don't think it was too much of Jane to ask for a Business plan. It's a great idea but does need to be thought out.  What is Kim Kardashian's (hate her) character doing.  Trying to come between Jane and Stacey?  And why??

THe new angel is very proactive...
Author: bala    Time: 6-11-2012 10:18     Subject: Reply 13#13 arksongbird80's post

Well i like the twist in the case finding out the boy was kidnapped but he really should count his blessing since you would thought he would mad at him for taking him away from his mother but the fact she drug addict made it the right decision.

The New angel is rather a great force and how he is able to make Jane life more intresting compared to Fred who just let her boss him around certainly changes the dynamic

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0