Thread
Printable Version

Deadwood Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Deadwood Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I just started watching Deadwood and wow is it Dark. The pigs are just nasty, I wonder if they are also used for food. Jane who I assume is Calamity Jane Character has been totally assassinated. Does she have cuss all the time and appear slow minded. I am very disappointed in her character. She gets on my last nerve, maybe it is the actresses flat portrayal of her or maybe the writers and directors just didn't know what to do with a strong female character without making her a sexual object. After the 1st episode I was shaking my head no but decided to watch a few more episodes.  Now I am stuck watching a show I hate but have to find out what happens next.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-5-2015 18:35 ]

Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

i tried to watch this but couldn't get into it as i found long-winded and way they speak really annoyed me

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I am use to the speeches from growing up in the south west and watching westerns. I probably am just as long winded and just didn't realize until now.

My Take,

Well I viewed all three seasons,and it became better each time. Admittedly a couple of wooden characters, but Ian McShane was superb.

Reply 4#4 kitosdad's post

I agree it did get better as it progressed. A few character just got on my nerves no matter what happen to them. I would of fed them to Wu's pigs myself.

Note: This post has been suppressed by system since the author has been banned or deleted.

I speed watched the entire series, that's the only way I could've gotten through this show. Was not impressed. Too bad it took HBO 3 long seasons before they cancelled the series. Although, they toned down on the profanity from season 1 - 50% of the profane language in the dialogue was out of place and not needed.

Overall, the money of production should've gone to Carnivale - that show actually got good after the 1st season.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 4-19-2016 16:11 ]

Thread