33 12
Thread
Printable Version

Eli Stone Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 2 - Episode 12 Tailspin

I liked the seen on the plane when he realised his dad had saved young Grace

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 14:06 ]

Season 2 Comment

I glad jodan got an award as well

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 14:07 ]

Reply 18#18 bala's post Season 2 Comment

I have to agree this season has been a big disappointment. It almost seems as if the show is leading up to being canceled.

I am glad in the last ep that Jordan received an award also. I also loved the expression on the other guys face when Jordan received the award.

Reply 21#21 carlorica's post Season 2 Comment

well it's on a different network sci-fi?

Season 1 - Episode 1

The show may have a similar concept to earlier shows but for me it was a fresh take on the concept. The concept of a lawyer that has bizarre visions and uses them to help those he encounters. In Eli Stones case these vision make him pick the most needy and deserving client for his legal services. I like the fact that Eli is hinted to having a divine power behind his abilities which is clocked in eastern mythology but sadly the smallest hint of God is too much for some. For me personally after all the promos of George Michael on a table signing. I thought this show was going to be more comedy driven but thankfully it's not. The comedic elements are mixed in with high doses of drama. Good show I think it'll be fun with even Loretta Divine a tv show familiar face adding to the comedy and giving Eli a mother hen to keep him in check.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 13:37 ]

Season 1 - Episode 2

After again having a vision, this time of a children's choir and a plane chasing him, Eli takes a case of a Mexican couple and works together with the inexperienced Maggie. I liked the concept of the episode and really enjoyed watching it. In my opinion, the main character Eli is very likeable. He tries to change his lifestyle and develops by opening up to his fiancée and giving her insight into his visions. I liked that Eli didn't win the first case, which made the plot less predictable and more realistic. Another reason why I really enjoyed this episode was Jordan Wethersby, Eli's boss, who is played by the great Victor Garber. The musical scene involving him was just hilarious. But one also has to mention the supporting characters Patti and Dr Chen who are fantastic as well.

Season 1 - Episode 3

Another fun episode pitting Eli and his wife against each other of shall I say potential wife. Eli continues to take the law firm apart from this inside all to George Michael tunes. Other than fighting for a service woman to keep her parental rights. We also deal with Eli's sanity being questioned by his boss. Even though it bothers me that Eli hasn't learned to control himself but watching him make an idiot of himself is funny. I liked the twist on how the lady soldier kept her parental rights and in my opinion they made there point without being preachy. Good episode once again and again some quite funny moments to watch.

Season 1 - Episode 4

I just really like this show and I thought this was a great episode. I was a little worried that this show was going to lose it's "prophet" angle and just become a show about a lawyer with a brain tumor. I'm glad to see that was not the case. Eli seems to be coming to terms with the fact that his visions are meant to guide him and show him who to help. His brother is stuggling with it but seemed to acknowledge it at the end of the episode. Eli suing the church was interesting. It reminded me of story lines from Ali McBeal. Eli has great chemistry with Taylor and I'm routing for them to get back together. Eli also has great professional chemistry with Maggie. I hope they continue to work together

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 13:38 ]

Season 1 - Episode 5

This was an interesting case for Stone, it revealed a lot about the firm, and old Eli. So Eli was a smart, heartless lawyer before, and now he has a soul. The visions were cool, when he met the new lawyer in the bathroom after being on the beach, and seeing surfers running in the lobby. The scenes with him and Maggie were great, she is a hilarious character, and their scenes on the beach and runway were classic. So it seems that Eli's secretary played by Loretta Divine, whose musical scene was great, had a thing going on with Posner. I never would have seen that one coming. It was interesting seeing Taylor at the firm, she and Matt got rather close, and we learned more about him and his past, and we can see he is not such a bad guy. Not sure if she and Eli are going to get together again or exactly what they are doing. So the biggest part came in the last few minutes, Eli has been ordered to be reviewed to be disbarred, we knew this had to be coming though, so next week should be a good episode.

Season 1 - Episode 6

This is really an amazing show. Eli reveals his illness to protect his brother. Jordan is ambushed with the truth and his shock is visible. He is hurt and angry but he still steps up and saves Eli from disbarrment. However the most explosive reveal was Dr. Chen's bombshell that he knew Eli's father. Eli's father told Eli that he could see the future and of course, Eli was a young boy and didn't believe him. Now it's revealed that Eli's father knew Dr. Chen would meet in the future and he makes Dr. Chen promise that he will help Eli. The whole scene made me cry. Eli truly seems to be coming to terms with his relationship with his father through these guided flashbacks. At the same time, now that his secret is revealed, Eli seems to be ready to embrace his future. Show is getting better with each episode

Season 1 - Episode 7

So the episode starts out with Eli smelling something burning, only to discover a firebreathing dragon in his closet. And it only gets better. He may have no office and no power within the firm, but Patty won't abandon him and clients are still seeking him out. He ends up suing his brother's hospital and Maggie gets to be the lead attorney. I thought Maggies' courtroom scenes were awkward and dopey. Eli's courtroom antics are much more entertaining. Eli seems to have embraced his visions and tries to follow where they lead him. He is nearly trampled by a knight chasing the dragon and realizes the knight is his brother. He seeks his brother out and persists in getting the truth. Ultimately, he not only wins the case for his client but he's back on the "big" case in the office with Taylor. And best of all, he gets Patty back! Just a great episode

Season 1 - Episode 8

This episode was one of the most intense I've seen yet. After many of his visions have proven helpful and, more importantly, true, Eli starts to really put some stock by them. When he sees vision of a news report that there will be an earthquake in Patti's neighborhood, he knows that he needs to take the side of a developer who wants to raze the place to build high-rise condos, which would force the residents to leave, thus saving them from the phantom quake. But taking the side of a community-renowned ass has its repercussions, especially when no one understands Eli's unique gift. Patti even turns from Eli, saying that he's reverted to the money-grubbing lawyer he had so recently shed. Taylor doesn't understand his rush to get the trial over with, and starts to distance herself from him. It all goes to hell when the earthquake doesn't come and Patti turns her back on Eli. At the end of the episode, Eli has lost his faith in his gift. All I can say now is what a episode. Look forward to remaining few episodes of this season.

Eli Stone 2x13

Eli and Maggie-man there are really milking it.

it was nice conversation with his father -great ending

33 12
Thread