Thread
Printable Version

New site on games console / smart tv

New site on games console / smart tv

Hi - has anyone got the site working on a games console / smart TV browser?  The PS3 was my main way to view - now I just get a "player loading" message.  As I don't own a PC The only way I can view is on my smartphone / iPad which isn't ideal. 

Apologies if this has already been answered.
Thanks 

Reply 1#1 minkeygirl's post

Not tried a games console but works find on smart TV with one drawback the time-line bar flashes on and off continuously

Reply 1#1 minkeygirl's post

Unfortunately, the new format is not compatible with the PS3. That used to be my way of viewing too. When the movie site changed formats, I started hooking my laptop up to my TV. I now have an Android TV box which works great with the site. Plus, it doesn't have the drawback of the loading bar popping up while viewing. Since you haven't got a PC, you might want to look into some type of streaming device for your TV, if you are dissatisfied with your smart TV browser. I know some members use the Chromecast, and others use Apple TV, but there are a number of other choices (at varying price points) that might work for you. I decided against a smart TV, as it didn't serve my personal needs or work with my budget. I researched numerous devices and the Android box was my best option, but there are less expensive choices. I tend to put things like that on a price watch, so that if the price drops, I get a notification, and can get a better deal. If you're in the US or Canada, November/December tend to be a good time to find deals on electronics.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

I've got a tablet with an hdmi out on it so tried that connected to the TV and that solved the loading bar problem

Thanks both for your replies.  It partly works on my smart TV but cannot get full screen button to work, so viewing is not enjoyable.

Just a shame when I paid $100 for a service that I can no longer use without further outlay. Given that I have most of the TVs streaming options (Netflix, Amazon, etc) and never watch movies, the value of the site has been massively reduced by the update.

Thread