Thread
Printable Version

Shadowhunters (FreeForm) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Shadowhunters (FreeForm) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Shadowhunters Premiered on FreeForm on Jan 12, 2016

Based on the bestselling young adult fantasy book series The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, "Shadowhunters" follows 18-year-old Clary Fray, who finds out on her birthday that she is not who she thinks she is but rather comes from a long line of Shadowhunters - human-angel hybrids who hunt down demons. When her mother, Jocelyn, is kidnapped, Clary is thrown into the world of demon hunting with mysterious Shadowhunter Jace and her best friend, Simon. Now living among faeries, warlocks, vampires and werewolves, Clary begins a journey of self-discovery as she learns more about her past and what her future may hold.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Shadowhunters Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-21-2016 09:05 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-9-2016 18:44 ]

1X01 The Mortal Cup

Yes i did watch the movie before i watched this but you don't have to because it follow a bit of different story but it was watchable not great but i am sucker sci-fi shows

1x02 The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

What a way to find out who her father is this just got interesting.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I've read all the books and loved them!  The movie was...ok.  The tv show is watchable but the dialogue will have to be improved.  I'm waiting for that...
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 7#7 arksongbird80's post

dont think that will happen i just focus on sci-fi part and ignore the rest

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I believe you may be right.  I'm another episode in and well it was really bad!     Please please have clary not look like a supermodel who's too stupid to have fear.  

FYI she isn't this stupid in the book.  Only marginally so.

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

What did you expect it's a tv show the star of the show has to look like a supermodel

This has now been added to the VIP site

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

This has been a disappointment shame

Season starts 2nd january 2017

2x01- 2x02

i can't believe i am still watching this 2 episodes in second season it's still rather ridclous. Having mother back hasn't improved the show and isn't she suppose to be an important character? . The whole first season it was all about rescue her now she just a secondary character ?

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I can't with this show...I just can't.  I'm like you it's a couple episodes into the season and it's very ridiculous.  In the books, rescuing Joselyn took 3-4 books to complete.  Valentine wasn't in the picture until Wayyyyyy later.  Clary focus' on learning shadow hunting, fighting and learning her "special" gift which I'm not spoiling for you.  I can't BELIEVE we haven't even touched that.  Also Simon needs something specific to happen to him and Izzy's Brother wasn't such a jack a55 in the books.....  I can't with this show...I just can't.

S2 Ep 4

I enjoyed seeing the City of Bones.  Brother Jeremiah was a big character in the books so it was nice to see him.  The Sword of Truth was a great reference to the fact that shadowhunters are descendants of an angel.   Jace was struggling with some of those answers.  The demon was alright and Simon's Story line is just okay.  We've deviated so far from the books (especially with Joselyn ) I don't know if I can continue knowing we've deviated almost entirely from the original storyline.  On a side note:  Clary can create Runes.  I'm REALLY hoping they go forward with that.  She puts a Rune on Simon's forehead and he can walk in the sun.  Fingers cross because it could give the writers a lot of options.  

S2 Ep 5

Okay so now we're getting some where.  I actually felt my cold dead heart grow a little when Clary stood next to the body during the service.  I will say this, is she just incompetent or stupid!  You would seriously make a deal with a warlock you don't know and think it will work out well!!!!  I mean DUHH

Thread