25 12
Thread
Printable Version

Issues with iPad

Reply 20#20 timoK's post

Have you updated your Apple TV to the latest update?

iPad 2

I can view programmes on my iPad but whereas in the past I used to swipe my 2 fingers open to expand the picture (which I watch on TV via an apple cable) now there is a blue box around the picture and an icon to press to expand the picture. Once you press this, you are only given approx 60% of the picture. Any ideas what the problem is? I have updated to ios 9 recently.

Reply 22#22 Cynthia793's post

I haven't seen any other posts about this issue. I don't have access to an iPad, so can't check it for myself. I'll ask one of the other mods to check into it.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I did a little research on it as I was surprised to see Apple included the iPad 2 in their iOS 9 update. It being the older of the iPads and they didn't include the iPhone 4. Anyway, seems there is an issue for making the video bigger on the iPad 2 with this upgrade, actually seems to be all iPads at the moment, from what I'm reading. No solution yet. You'll have to wait for apple to send out an new update that will fix this.

One person mentioned using the Zoom function in Settings to make the screen bigger. It's not perfect, but it's a workaround!
[ Last edited by shinny at 10-8-2015 00:02 ]

Thanks for you help with this.  I'll contact Apple directly and, in the meantime, try the zoom button in Settings as advised.

25 12
Thread