Thread
Printable Version

Better Call Saul Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Better Call Saul Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Better Call Saul Premiered on AMC on February 08, 2015

Better Call Saul is the prequel to the award-winning series Breaking Bad, set six years before Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) became Walter White’s lawyer. When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and often against, Jimmy is "fixer" Mike Ehrmantraut (Jonathan Banks), a beloved character introduced in Breaking Bad. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts "criminal" in "criminal lawyer."

The series also stars Michael McKean as Chuck McGill, Rhea Seehorn as Kim Wexler, Patrick Fabian as Howard Hamlin, and Michael Mando as Nacho Varga -- characters that will represent both legitimate and illegitimate sides of the law.

Breaking Bad creator and showrunner Vince Gilligan and Breaking Bad writer and producer Peter Gould created the show together and serve as co-showrunners of the premiere season. Gilligan directed the first episode of the series, which has already been greenlit for a second season of 13 episodes. The debut season will consist of 10 episodes.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Better Call Saul Here

This has now been added to the VIP site

1x01 Uno

I wasn't sure what i was expecting while the beginning was boring it got better as episode progress and we see what type of cases he did before meeting walter white and how poor he was sad to see.

The first case 3 teenager jerking off to corpse and ripping the head off for fun you got love after all saul arguments the prosecutor just showed them the video, that's right these idiot filmed themselves doing it .

Those skateboarder trying con saul backfired but getting them set up an old lady seriously backfired

Reply 5#5 bala's post

As this is the prequel to the series Breaking Bad could this be watched without seeing Breaking Bad first

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

That a difficult question to answer because on one hand you could watch the first episode without any knowledge of breaking bad and you can still enjoy it but you would miss Easter eggs in the show which relate to breaking bad series.

The problem is i have no clue how the future episode will tie into it.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

As I have a lot to catch up on I 'll give this a miss until I have watched Breaking Bad

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Breaking bad isn't an easy show to watch some episodes are really boring.

1x02 Mijo

Much better episode but Saul actually negotiating the situation was rather tricky but at least he took care hospital bill which is the least he can since the compromise was each of the skateboard have one of their legs broken   .

1x03 Nacho

It's sad to think saul was only smart enough to figure out they faked the kidnapping but the fact that the whole situation was created as result of his call was priceless

1x04 Hero

Saul cons are getting even more ridclous as the series goes on but resue a person from billboard to generate advertising was amusing.

1x5 Alpine Shepherd Boy

The police arresting Saul brother who has mental problems was sad all because he stole a newspaper and look like Saul stunt in previous episode got him some client but client all being nut-cases was amusing , A man who want separate from USA and starting printing money on his face was funny and than client talking toilet which kept saying sexual thing as they poop was highly amusing.

1x06 Five-O

This episode pure Mike episode seeing how he ended up there was interesting as we found out what happend to his son and what he did get revenge for his son's death and saul actually helping out with the distraction was amusing.

1x07 Bingo

it was nice jimmy to return the client back to his girlfriend firm but hiring mike to find the money was amusing

1x08 Rico

I am constantly surprised how sharp Jimmy is because on surface it look like cheap lawyers but figure out nursing home was ripping off the patient was a lucky find thank his will writing clients   . The length he's willing to go is even more impressive

1x09 Pimento

What a way to find out your brother doesn't respect you as a lawyer

1x10 Marco

What a odd season finale Jimmy going back to his cons were predictable but losing marco was sad

Season 2 Review

This season was interesting Saul trying to go his own way and his relationship with Kim and how she is his moral compass which makes them a perfect couple but we know it won't last because we don't see her in Breaking Bad which means something bad must of happened . The length he went to show how much he cared for Kim was amazing doctoring all those documents making his own brother have mental breakdown was so alarming . What a season cliffhanger his brother is a lot smarter than him.

Mike getting involved with a drug cartel as favour to one of the guys seriously got out of hand to point putting his family in danger.

Thread