Thread
Printable Version

The Ice Cream Girls Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Ice Cream Girls Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Ice Cream Girls Premiered on ITV on April 19, 2013

The Ice Cream Girls is a drama series based on the international best selling novel of the same name. The story follows a couple of vulnerable teenage girls who, in the summer of 1995, are accused of murdering their schoolteacher. For seventeen years, the two girls go their separate ways with Poppy having been charged with the murder. They are now are forced though to confront each other and their shared history.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Ice Cream Girls Here

1x01 Episode 1

Serena running from the police after being pulled up for speeding was a bad move but understandable as Poppy had done seventeen-year in prison for the killing but from the outset it looked like Serena may have killed him as she was sleeping with him

Yes it does look as if Serena was the perpetrator all along tho there must be some kind of twist yeah?  They were both sleeping with him.  He wasn't a very nice man, especially sleeping with Serena while her teacher and taking advantage of a vulnerable Poppy.  What I dont understand is how all the blame seems to have been put on Poppy. It is obvious that Serenas prescence there was known, the policewoman alluded to that but she seems to have gotten away relatively unpunished.  I know her mother was a lawyer but still ...
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Episode 2

From the flash backs it's obvious Serena lied in court about him being violent but buying the girls the same dress and asking them to kiss I thought was bound to lead to him wanting a threesome

He was such a nasty manipulative man, someone who obviously had a history of preying on young girls.  His ex-girlfriend Marlene should really have reported him but I guess in those days people were more prone not to 'get involved'.  I agree with you too Jim that when he kept them both on and bought the dresses then got them to kiss that his mind was moving in that direction.

From the previews at the end of the show it still isnt clear which of the girls actually stabbed him.  There was of course a struggle which all three were involved in.  I guess all will be revealed next week.

I just caught the first and second episodes of this. Will watch the third one on Friday when it's on ITV.

Fun Fact, this was filmed in my home county, here in Ireland (Wicklow) - It's supposed to be based in the UK but it's all here. I remember last year I was driving home from work and there were all these British Road Signs on the N11. I was like, eh what the feck...then I found out they were filming this. All of the seafront shots are from the Bray Promenade, which is about 15 minute drive from where I live. Oh and it's the home town of Olympic Boxing Gold Medalist, Katie Taylor.

Episode 3

Well now. I expected a twist, but I didn't see that one coming! Great concluding part.

I agree, I didnt see that coming.  It did go on at a fair lick tho to get everything concluded as is often the way with serials.  Poppy was such an intense character, one can see why she was forbidden to go anywhere near Serena and her family.  I'm surprised that the police arrested her just on the say so of the sister Fez tho, without first checking with Serena.  It could just have been a malicious statement to get her back inside.  Serena didnt support it afterall.

Reply 11#11 trulee's post

Yes, I thought the exact same thing when they came to arrest her. I agree, it did feel drawn out and then almost like it was a bit rushed towards the end. Still, I really enjoyed it.

1x03 Episode 3

What a great conclusion but who was the real killer was a surprise and how do you compensate Poppy for the time she spent inside

Thread