Thread
Printable Version

The IT Crowd Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The IT Crowd Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

At the UK company Reynhold Industries, their corporate high-rise towers are full of beautiful happy people with one success story after another. Well, except for the employees that work in the basement - the IT department. While their colleagues work in fantastic surroundings, Jen, Roy and Moss must work below ground in the dark and horrible basement, struggling to make it into normal society.

Jen (Katherine Parkinson) is a career person who is looking to climb the corporate ladder. Unfortunately, due to fibbing on her CV (resumé), she finds herself the manager of the IT Department. The problem is, she knows nothing about technology! Roy (Chris O'Dowd) and Moss (Richard Ayoade) make up the IT Department and share a love of technology, science fiction and not having to work if at all possible. What they don't like is the idea of being supervised by someone who knows nothing about computers.

Seeing that Roy and Moss may know a lot about computers, but very little about working with people, Jen takes on the role of "Relationship Manager" to help the guys and help herself in the process.

The IT Crowd is a playful and somewhat surreal look at what it's really like to be the underclass of every company - the IT Department

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 22:41 ]
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +4 Great work :) 7-14-2007 14:49

i watch first 2 episode before i stop watching it.

gabsimon-did you watch all of it?

Reply #2 bala's post

Actually I have not watched any of them. I just saw that there was nothing about the show here and posted this. So others who have wondered, what is that show about, would have an answer. Am I in trouble now?

not at all Thank you for the help gabsimom
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Thanks. Here is a present for you.
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

Thanks
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Is this show worth watching? I love Joel Mchale on the soup but i dont know if this show would be any good? What does everyone who has watched some of the episodes think? Even if its not the best is it still worth watching?

Reply #7 tiarome73's post

I just watched the 1st episode and have to say it was worth 20min of my time. I laughed so hard. great so far. What does everyone else think?

great show should have been longer tho it only has 6 episodes i think and it desrves more

Reply #9 mcleod's post

was it cancelled?

i think so or maybe they just had that many episodes planned il look into it 4 u

here you go i found this
The it crowd Series 2

The second series has finished filming and recording at Pinewood and is now heading into Post-Production ready for transmission in late 2007.

The IT Crowd site has some leaks about new cast and rock solid confirmations about the second series' existence.

Internet chats and forums have lead to 6-8 episodes as the second series' layout

I watched a few episodes of this show and couldn't really get into it. There were a couple things that were kind of funny but some I found just very moronic (like the 2 sizes too small shoes). It is probably because it seems to be a very British humor type of show and I don't even like Monty Python
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply #13 silver1978's post

Well think of Sex in the city wasn't there an episode where one of girls bought shoes that were to small, just because they were great shoes. Now inject comedy and overacting X's 10 and that's the episode. I like the chocolate on the face one.

I've watched every episode so far, the most recent aired last night, and I must say it is good to find something so refreshing and funny, but I think that the Sunday Times from last week summed it up perfectly, it is amiable. Although that sounds insulting, it really isn't. The show makes you smile at it, and has at least one laugh out loud moment an episode, in the most recent one, look what Roy says to a grieving widow.
Peace - through superior firepower

Thread