73 1234
Thread
Printable Version

The Borgias Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 15#15 bala's post

What happened to the stable boys child

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Yes she had that because she was in love with the stable boy but i doubt she would have another child unless she convinced her new husband the baby is his.

The baby is alive last time i checked

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I just goggled Lucrezia and it was rumoured her bother may have been the father but I don't know if that's the one she's had or one in the future

3x04 The Banquet of Chestnuts

Lucrezia and Alfonso's not consummating their marriage was bound to cause trouble but wanting proof that it has been consummated was bizarre and who would of thought the Cardinal's would indulge in an orgy

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Well it was very effective honey trap but the pope also getting a honey trap from his enemy was ironic . Lucrezia  asking her brother to bear witness was great payback

3x05 The Wolf and the Lamb

Bianca did seem to be dangerously insane with her first saying she was pregnant but I was surprised she killed herself

3x06 Relics

I'm not surprised Alexander was furious when Cesare returns to Italy with a French army as he had no idea

3x07 Lucrezia's Gambit

Lucrezia attempting to blackmail Prince Raphael and Prince Frederigo after the poisoning is bound to have repercussions and Cesare burning Constanzo's palace in order to contain the plague seemed over the top

3x08 Tears of Blood

The tears of blood looked so fake but a clever way to get them to believe and they were lucky to survive the wrath of God and Lucrezia should of realised something was wrong but being under constant watch from the royal guard will make life awkward

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Well i have say it was nice to see  Lucrezia get a taste of her own medicine with plotting

3x09 The Gunpowder Plot

Lucrezia being imprisoned didn't last long but putting them all to sleep was impressive and the others taking their jewellery was amusing and I'm surprised it's taken Alfonso to suspect Lucrezia and her brother but who was behind buying all the sulphur was interesting

3x10 The Prince

The way they laughed when he hit the white flag was amusing as they had no idea the castle was about to fall down and you can understand why Catherina didn't want to be take alive but as this was cancelled last week this was a disappointing end with Cesare killing Lucrezia husband and vows she will now be his for good

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Entire Series Overview

Season 1 was kinda boring but, I suffered through it because what choice did I have

Season 2  was excellent...enjoyed every minute. Oddly enough, the ratings began to slip in season 2, which is wierd because the show finally came together in that season

Season 3 was good but not as great as season 2.

The show had a great cast especially Jeremy Irons (loved that man) and François Arnaud which made the series work. It would have been nice if Neil Jordan got 4 seasons like he wanted and could've wrapped the show up with the Pope's death. Maybe, he would've dared to go a few steps further to show that after everything Giuliano della Rovere still became Pope 26 days after Alexander VI's death, and how the family lost all its power and privilege since the glue that created it was now dead.

Although, The Tudors with was good, The Borgias was a much better show with just using the actors capabilities as my only defense. But, I saw where and how Showtime could label the show as being expensive.....it was indeed. However, after watching the last few minutes of season 3 finale it left me wanting more. Another network should have picked up this series for the last hooray or maybe, Neil will find funding somewhere to make his 2 hour movie.

73 1234
Thread