Thread
Printable Version

Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 1

It took a few episodes for me to get into this show, but now I'm totally hooked!!!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Season 2

Parental Fail Kristina and Adam.  They don't listen to Hattie and they should have just given her parameters to begin with.
Humanity Fail Crosby.  I actually like the behaviorist more than I like Jasmine, but that's because I completely agree with Crosby.
Loser dad.  Amber and her brother's dad is a loser, but it's good he got his life turned around.  I think this is going to damage Amber though.     She had made such a turn around in her life.  We'll see.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

6x13 May God Bless And Keep You Always

So I watched both season 5 and 6 this week and it was one hell of an emotional roller-coaster.

If you still haven't watched it you should stop reading now as enough time has passed since the series finale aired. Most people know I do one hell series review it usually very long and the fact that I am covering 2 seasons’ means there's a lot to discuss.

Parenthood has been one of those show you really don't expect to like but for those of you, who used to watch Brothers &Sister, this series was an excellent replacement. They really don't make family drama like this any-more and it's a shame that it had to come to an end , as these type of show are very rare which means it should be treasured.

We meet Braverman family who are adults, all having various family responsibilities and this series covered hell of lot of family related issues, you name it, it dealt with it. I don't want to talk about every character or I will have write a book about them: lol. So I will just focus on major story lines for both these seasons.

Hank and Sarah getting married, I am so happy they found each other and I have to say that I am happy for them. Hank being diagnosed as having Asperger’s thanks having to deal with Max and realise this might be the reason why he finds it difficult to communicate with people and the fact Sarah helped him out was what makes them a wonderful couple.

Max and dealing with high school was always going to be tough but his parents creating a charter school was amazing as it gave him a chance to finally have a crush on a girl and deal with getting rejected. I am amazed at how much he has grown up in the past 5 years from where he started to where he is now.

Julia storyline was toughest to watch as perfect couple finally separates and watching it was awful as Joel walking out and I am not taking sides but the fact there reconciled in final season was nice but I actually liked them separated because we knew there had problem in their marriage from early seasons and I wasn't surprised Joel walked out consider he was one at start looking after the kids while she was a lawyer and this was the first time he was actually working and providing support and she just couldn't deal with it but argument in car in the final season was great as they got deal with all their issues without the kids hearing. The surprise baby adoption was a bit too much.

Amber being a single mother was going to be interesting but I know she would be great because she has support from her family and grandparent helping her at end by giving her place to raise the baby was fantastic.

The ending was bitter-sweet for obvious reason but I had feeling there were going kill him off.

[

[ Last edited by bala at 8-28-2015 19:07 ]

Thread