57 123
Thread
Printable Version

The Nine Lives of Chloe King Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Nine Lives of Chloe King Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Nine Lives of Chloe King Premiered on ABC Family on June 14, 2011

In the one-hour scripted drama The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Chloe King is looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her friends and single mother, just like every other year…that is until she starts developing heightened abilities and discovers she's being pursued by a mysterious figure. Chloe soon learns she's part of an ancient race which has been hunted by human assassins for millennia —and that she may be their only hope for ultimate survival. The Nine Lives of Chloe King will be executive produced by Dan Berendsen (Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Hannah Montana: The Movie) and John Ziffren (Melissa & Joey, Make It or Break It) with Alloy Entertainment's Leslie Morgenstein (Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries) and Gina Girolamo. The drama is based on the book series The Nine Lives of Chloe King by Liz Braswell. The series will star Skyler Samuels (The Gates) as Chloe King; Amy Pietz (The Office, Caroline in the City) as Meredith King; Grey Damon (True Blood, Friday Night Lights) as Brian; newcomer Grace Phipps as Amy; Benjamin Stone (10 Things I Hate About You) as Alek; Alyssa Diaz (Southland) as Jasmine; and Ki Hong Lee (The Secret Life as the American Teenager) as Paul.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Nine Lives of Chloe King Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:20 ]

Nine Lives of Chloe King - Promo

1x01 Pilot

Good first episode with some strange birthday powers but what a way to find out about her deadly kiss and only eight lives left it should be interesting to see what happens next

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well I have to say this was a bit of a disappointment because i had higher expectation for the first episode it start of fantastic but to actually go back 2 days was a mistake they should of continue from the moment she feel from the building. There so much they could do with the first episode and fighting sequence was good remind me of early buffy but they really explore background to myth about mina.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

The sixteenth birthday powers reminded me of Sabrina The Teenage Witch

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yeah the only difference is that this look much better

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I actually liked it.  The whole thing remind me of Kyle XY in that ABC fam has figured out there are other people watching their channel than teenage girls.

The problem I had with the episode, was the two Mia teenagers.  What they don't have adults?  There wasn't a single adult around to help transition Chloe or be her protector or anything.  :/  unkewl.  I don't want this to be one of those episodes where the teenagers only talk to adults who are their parents or because they have too.  Show me some depth.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Episode 2

So she didn't kill him after all it was looked like she can kiss a boy but she doesn't know and i hope they ain't going to do innocent person needing help chole has rescue them would get a bit old fast

Reply 9#9 bala's post

It was great she didn't kill him, but not knowing she didn't do it and having this guilt around her neck is annoying.  Her not feeling as though she can kiss the new guy is also annoying.  They are going to have to pick this up or the show will fail miserably.  Kinda a boring episode...

The innocent being rescued was fine and Liked how her friend stood up to the other Mya boy.  

SOOOO Bala:  Do we keep watching and hope it perks up, or give up?   How many episodes until the give up epi?

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

I usually watch show until they end or get cancelled

1x02 Redemption

That's good news she wasn't responsible for his death but this episode was a little slow but it's a good job her friends ignored her about staying in the car and was able to turn the lights out

1x03 Green Star

Chloe's mother was lucky it was only her phone he wanted but ringing her was a good way to scare her and how stupid going to meet him on her own but thanks to Jasmine and her mother she survives to live another day

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Yeah but she really is naive she has all these people wanting protect her she doesn't use them to her advantage?

Reply 14#14 bala's post

She doesn't need to take advantage of these people in some way.  Take fighting lessons, or learn weapons.  Plus she should tell her mom.  That would help alot.  Oh and it was presumptuous for the leader to assume chloe would give up her life yadda yadda yadda.  She's a teenager and they barely see outside the inner bubble.  Not going to happen.

Reply 15#15 arksongbird80's post

She has no formal training and she just recently discovered all of this. Yes that not going happen but she needs realise action have consequences it's not alright to put other people lives in danger.

All Apologies

Good episode still bits of the character annoys me but she really need better at her skill ,that jump at end was impressive but predictable it wasn't like she going to fall like at the start. They really need to speed bad guy story-line keep us interested.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I liked Chloe's sarcasm while she was fighting her bosses ex

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yeah that's getting old with female leads how many show do we watch where that happens ? . once in a while it's ok

The Nine Lives of Chloe King

Hey guys – I’m so glad you’re keeping with the show! I actually work with ABC Family and I’d love to hear what you thought of last night’s episode! If you missed it, make sure to catch up online now.

57 123
Thread