73 1234
Thread
Printable Version

The Borgias Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Borgias Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Over a decade in the making, The Showtime Original Series The Borgias is the sordid saga of one of the most remarkable and legendary families in history. Set in 15th century Italy at the height of the Renaissance, The Borgias chronicles the corrupt rise of patriarch Rodrigo Borgia (Academy Award® winner Jeremy Irons) to the papacy, where he proceeds to commit every sin in the book to amass and retain power, influence and enormous wealth for himself and his family. The unbounded audacity of this original crime family went on to inspire Machiavelli's The Prince and Mario Puzo's The Godfather. Don't miss a minute of the lavish, sexy, scandalous drama from the creative mind of Academy Award® winner Neil Jordan.
Showtime

Discuss Anything About The Borgias Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-9-2015 13:48 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

Well this really was long pilot 95 minutes but it really make Roman catholic church look a little less honourable i mean Rodrigo Borgia  really did everything he could to become the Pope and it look like his family is just as bad as him. I probably going to give this show a miss.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

This was an epic pilot and with the Cardinal's dropping like flies Borgia was on the quick track to become the Pope but that portrait caused some problems and elevating his sons into high office didn't go down well

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I still think his daughter is one to watch she is sweet and innocent but she turn evil with that women guidance she could end up killing them all if that how series ends

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Lucrezia will probable  be a hand full and with Giulia the ravishing temptress they will be double the trouble

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Grassing up her father was amusing

1x03 The Moor

The dead bodies around the dining table was sick and Lucrezia asking what language the unicorn speaks i thought was amusing but her father Rodrigo seeking funds through a profitable marriage to her was interesting

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Yes those dead bodies were awful but why have a king who deaf surely his son could taken over when cardinal came but that assignation in pool went horrible wrong which was nice to see he was lucky spot the guy.

I felt bad for the sultan prince who visited he was such a nice guy 40,000 for his death was rather sad but i did find it amusing when he confessed he want to convert to Christianity  .

1x04 Lucrezia's Wedding

Who would of thought going to confession could be life threatening and that was a bold move inviting Lucrezia's mother against the pope's wishes but  the marriage is of to a terrible start which might be OK for her father but not her brother

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

This was crazy not invite her mother but i am glad she came anywhere against his wishes what these show first game of throne where newly married couple get a rough night and now this it does look like thing worse 200 years ago for most new brides.

The Borgias in Love

Lucrezia marriage seem to be horrible but i have say she one hell of resourceful women seduce Paolo, a handsome stable boy into making her husband have a riding accident was brilliant. How many times does she have to have a bath in one episode?.

I was impressed the son did kill that guy who insulted his mother himself rather getting his slave to do it

Emmanuelle Chriqui on The Borgias

That's one lucky boy

Showtime Renews Drama Series 'The Borgias' For Second Season

The Borgias will be back. Showtime today renewed the costume drama starring Jeremy Irons for a second season with a 10-episode order. The series, from creator Neil Jordan, debuted earlier this month with 1.06 million viewers, the pay cable network's largest premiere audience for a drama series in seven years. (The cumed audience for the pilot across multiple platforms has reached 3.71 million). As it moved from 9 PM to 10 PM after the premiere, the original airing ratings dipped but the averages over multiple runs have remained consistent and, season-to-date, The Borgias, set in Renaissance Italy, is pacing ahead of the highest-rated season of Showtime's previous period drama, The Tudors. Showtime had already commissioned additional scripts, which are being written by Jordan. Production of Season 2 will begin in the summer for a 2012 premiere. "Neil Jordan's cleverly crafted tale of a 15th century papal family has proven quickly addictive," Showtime's entertainment president David Nevins said. "It's a tribute to his incredible skills as an auteur and to the extraordinary cast led by Jeremy Irons that this show fits so seamlessly into our line-up of quality shows."

Oscar-winner Irons stars as Rodrigo Borgia, the cunning, manipulative patriarch of The Borgia family who builds an empire by bribing, buying and muscling his way into the papacy.  Along the way, the family commits virtually every sin in the book and invents more than a few of their own. Jordan will continue to serve as executive producer, writer and will again direct the first two episodes. Accompanying Jordan this season is writer and director David Leland (Band of Brothers) who will write several episodes and also direct two episodes. The series will again be produced as a Canadian-Irish-Hungarian Treaty co-production by DreamWorks TV and Robert Zemeckis' ImageMovers banner. The future of the other two Showtime original series currently on the air, comedies Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara, is yet to be determined. Both have been soft in the ratings, but for now, Nurse Jackie, the stronger performer of the two, looks good, while it seems unlikely that Tara will be renewed.

Source

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I'm not surprised Lucrezia had an affair with Paolo but i thought the sheep counting was amusing and the grin on her face when they reset his leg after the accident was great

The French King

That wedding was a joke she thought it was older son but that it was young boy and he has no idea who his wife is really she knows how control him but how cold must you be to do brother before wedding night and than going do him straight after. .  i honestly don't which gender is worse, men or women but women are more devious than men.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Juan has a nasty temper and seducing his sister-in-law after the arranged marrying of Rodrigo youngest son Joffre to Princess Sancia of Naples all for an alliance was ridiculous

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I wonder what he will do if he finds out since he has no power over his older brother

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Don't know but there is bound to be a baby in the future

Death on a Pale Horse

I have to say putting water on the floor was rather amusing   but French Army are rather impressive . So does that mean stable hand boy is the father

Reply 19#19 bala's post

The water on the floor was ingenious but if she's pregnant by the stable boy she will have to sleep with her husband soon to convince him he's the father

73 1234
Thread