110 123456
Thread
Printable Version

The Tomorrow People Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Tomorrow People Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Tomorrow People Premieres on The CW on October 09, 2013

They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities — the Tomorrow People. Stephen Jameson stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future. Up until a year ago, Stephen was a “normal” teenager — until he began hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, never knowing where he might wake up. Now, Stephen’s issues have gone far beyond the usual teenage angst, and he is beginning to question his sanity. In desperation, Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, and it leads him to his first encounter with the Tomorrow People — John, Cara and Russell — a genetically advanced race with the abilities of telekinesis, teleportation and telepathic communication. The Tomorrow People are being hunted down by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. Led by Dr. Jedikiah Price, Ultra sees the Tomorrow People as a very real existential threat from a rival species, and the outcast group has been forced to hide out in an abandoned subway station just beneath the surface of the human world. Trading in secrets, Jedikiah offers Stephen the chance for a normal life with his family and best friend, Astrid, if he will help in the struggle to isolate and eradicate the Tomorrow People. On the other hand, Cara, John and Russell offer Stephen a different type of family and a home where he truly belongs. Unwilling to turn his back on humanity or the world of the Tomorrow People, Stephen sets out on his own path — a journey that could take him into the shadowy past to uncover the truth about his father’s mysterious disappearance, or into an unknown future with THE TOMORROW PEOPLE.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Tomorrow People Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-18-2013 05:46 ]

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I am really looking forward to this series i really hope it doesn't get cancelled

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-17-2013 09:54 ]

After watching the fall preview show this is on the top of The CW's new shows as the The Originals doesn't feel like a new show

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

I just wish they didn't reveal the twist in the promo or preview

1x01 Pilot

I think there was too much going on in the pilot. I know they have to set it all up but it felt a bit rushed. Saying that, I really enjoyed it. I hope it lasts the distance because it could be very good, if it's given a chance.

This has now been added to the flash site

Pilot

Well i was excited to watch this episode but i just don't like the main character which could be my problem. He's not very likeable in this episode and his confused look throughout the episode was rather annoying. Despite this, this series has potential however i highly doubt it will ever achieve this potential without better writing and direction.

The preview ruin all surprises in this episode but not all of them but i am surprised he decided join the bad guys because of his uncle. There are few plot holes in this series but if you overlook them you will enjoy this show.

It's obvious his dad isn't dead since he probably teleported as the car explodes.

The Tomorrow People: 2013 New York Comic Con Sizzle Reel

I liked the pilot. It reminded me of a movie I once saw (of which I don't remember the title). But it didn't get good critics, so I'm a bit worried about this show. I hope they don't cancel it too soon cause I would hate to get invested to end up without a satisfying end (again).

I don't think they had a very original way of introducing the characters though and i think that's too bad. Overall the pilot kind of hints at everything that will happen in this season a bit too obvious. I can already predict a lot of it and that's a shame.

I wasn't surprised when he joined his uncle. He wants to corrupt the organisation from the inside out and not go into hiding like his old man did. I wonder though how they will keep the show moving forward.
The not being able to kill part was a  nice twist. And the uncle is a real sociopath.

1x01 Pilot

How embarrassing for Stephen waking up in someone else's bed and joining Jedikiah was a little predictable as he will turn out to be their eye and ears on the inside and hopefully keep the others safe

The Tomorrow People - In Too Deep Clip

In Too Deep

Well look like he got his first taste of being a bad guy working for his uncle but thinking he could go back to them was bound to create problems but Kara and guy sparring with each other was rather amusing to watch.

You got to feel sorry for his partner getting canned because he couldn't control Stephen

110 123456
Thread