Thread
Poll Thread

Future Film Discussion - POINTS OPPORTUNITY

To those interested in film, apply within ~

Now that VIP includes films on its website, real discussion of film can possibly be on the horizon as well.  This forum has hosted many thoughtful conversations on television, and it would be great to extend that to the world of cinema.

The forum itself has not expanded to include an area devoted to film on the website, and this potential opportunity would not just be a random conversation but a focused one on a few films a week--almost like a film club.  While the logistics have not been determined yet, for such a club to exist, a number of interested participants needs to be gathered.  For future participation, one would not have to exclusively be a part of the group; members could participate in whichever weeks they want (although it'd certainly be a learning experience if they did participate each week).  Future insightful and considerate participation will be rewarded with points to be used towards VIP, just as quizzes of days past did.

There may not even be an audience for something like this or maybe it'd be a very, very small audience, but it'd be a fun time and hopefully you'd be able to walk away with some new knowledge.

The photo above contains the broad spectrum of films that I'm envisioning (not necessarily everything we'd be watching, just the direction we're heading in).  Great discussions of film begin with great films.  Directors such as Stanley Kubrick (The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Eyes Wide Shut) and David Lynch (Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway) to Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge!, The Great Gatsby [2013]) and Jim Jarmusch (Only Lovers Left Alive) have made films that span discussion over hours of conversation and a multitude of books and academia while films such as 10 Things I Hate About You and Mean Girls have done just the same by inverting conventions of their genre and societal norms.  Each week would focus on a director, actor, genre, or theme that we'd be able to break down.

These discussions would take place here in "Forum Games" each week in which members would be able to drop in their two cents and also respond to other members' comments.  The films chosen would also largely be done in a democratic process.

Before anything can be figured out, I'd love to know what other people are interested in.

So, the question for the poll is: which genre(s) would you be interested in examining?  In addition to answering the poll, please comment below "The future of film is bright" in order to be awarded points for your participation.  If you're interested in also becoming a part of this group, you may also indicate so.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks, and even if there isn't any interest, I hope you continue to have a wonderful time on VIP and the forum!

[ Last edited by redsoxpatriot30 at 10-26-2016 04:20 ]

Poll options ( multiple choice: choose no more than 10 options ) Voter Count 4  

1.  Musical

2 (10.00%)

2.  Romance

2 (10.00%)

3.  Sci-Fi

3 (15.00%)

4.  Fantasy

1 (5.00%)

5.  Action/Adventure

3 (15.00%)

6.  Thriller

1 (5.00%)