86 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Terra Nova Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Terra Nova Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Terra Nova Premieres on FOX on September 26, 2011

TERRA NOVA follows an ordinary family on an incredible journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a small part of a daring experiment to save the human race. In the year 2149, the world is dying. The planet is overdeveloped and overcrowded, with the majority of plant and animal life extinct. The future of mankind is in jeopardy, and its only hope for survival is in the distant past.

When scientists at the FERMI Particle Accelerator unexpectedly discovered a fracture in time that made it possible to construct a portal into primeval history, the bold notion was born to resettle humanity in the past - a second chance to rebuild civilization and get it right this time.

The series centers on the Shannon family as they join the Tenth Pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first colony established in this beautiful yet foreboding land. JIM SHANNON (Jason O'Mara, "Life on Mars"), a devoted father with a checkered past, guides his family through this new world of limitless beauty, mystery and terror. Jim's wife, ELISABETH (Shelley Conn, "Mistresses"), is a trauma surgeon and the newest addition to Terra Nova's medical team. JOSH (Landon Liboiron, "Degrassi: The Next Generation") is their 17-year-old son who is angry to leave life as he knows it behind; upon arriving at the settlement, he finds himself instantly drawn to the beautiful and rule-breaking SKYE (Allison Miller, "Kings"). MADDY (Naomi Scott, "Life Bites"), Josh's endearingly awkward 15-year-old sister, hopes Terra Nova will give her a chance to reinvent herself. Although Elisabeth's medical training secured the family a spot on the pilgrimage, a secret involving their five-year-old daughter, ZOE (newcomer Alana Mansour), soon endangers their place in this utopia.

Upon the Shannons' arrival, they are introduced to COMMANDER NATHANIEL TAYLOR (Stephen Lang, "Avatar"), the charismatic and heroic first pioneer and leader of the settlement. Taylor warns the travelers that while Terra Nova is a place of new opportunities and fresh beginnings, all is not as idyllic as it initially appears. Along with blue skies, towering waterfalls and lush vegetation, the surrounding terrain is teeming with danger - and not just of the man-eating dinosaur variety. There is also a splinter colony of renegades led by the battle-hardened MIRA (Christine Adams, "TRON: Legacy"), who is vehemently opposed to Taylor and his leadership.

Even more threatening than what lies outside the protective walls of the colony is the chilling possibility that something sinister is happening inside Terra Nova. The Shannons will come to suspect that not everyone on this mission has the same idea of how to best save mankind; in fact, there may be forces intent on destroying this new world before it even begins.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Terra Nova Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 8-3-2011 01:47 ]

TERRA NOVA - Fox Fall Preview

1x03

This was totally Awesome! I hope we get this show!

Pilot

I thought this was great.  Everyone said it was 4 stars and they are on the money.  I liked the intro and how developed it was.  Getting to the colony and how much work has already been in place.  It's 7 years after the first guy (taylor) went through so alot has been done.

Good use of dinosaurs.  Both carnivors, and herbivors!  

8.5 out of 10
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

1x01 Genesis, Part 1 of 2

That was one hell of a plan Elisabeth had to break Jim out of prison and get them all to Terra Nova including Zoe but Zoe feeding the dinosaurs was nice

1x02 Genesis, Part 2 of 2

Skye is a bit of a hand full but she managed to distract Josh from the girl he left behind

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

The second episode hasn't been added but i am guessing tomorrow

Reply 10#10 bala's post

They have added the first two episodes as one because it's 1:25:08

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Well that's great i am surprised as they normally split these in two on the site

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I can image having lots of problems with the episode names for the rest of the season

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

i honestly don't care about episode name remember we joined when vip didn't have any titles of the episode it was only added after redesign.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 9-28-2011 20:29  
That was one hell of a plan Elisabeth had to break Jim out of prison and get them all to Terra Nova including Zoe but Zoe feeding the dinosaurs was nice
Yes it shows she really loved him but his escape was impressive and he managed to get his whole family there but they really hidden their 3rd child better.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 9-28-2011 21:11  
Skye is a bit of a hand full but she managed to distract Josh from the girl he left behind
Yeah but we found who wrote on the rocks i had feeling the son wasn't actually missing but trying to replace him with that girl seem sad.

1x04

Instinct

I liked this episode.  It was more about their survival in the new land.  They need to have more like that.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Thought I had posted on the first episode, guess not.  Decent show, nice to see more and more SF being made and so far reviews I am hearing from people who are not SF fans have been pretty good.  I enjoyed it, it wasn't anything spectacular, but it has so far a decent story.  I knew as soon as he was put on the agricultural group, that it wouldn't last more than an episode or more.

About hiding the little girl better, how? From what I noticed, they lived in a very small place, look at the reaction they got when they saw the building they were told was their residence, they were like Wow, that's all ours?  She was hid pretty good, they only caught her because she was scared and cried.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 12#12 bala's post

It looks like they have split the first episode now

86 12345
Thread